EVGA

Done with EVGA

Author
undeadwookie
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/01/26 19:37:49 (permalink)
I have bought EVGA cards for years now and that's coming to a stop.  After weeks of waiting to hear back about both of the cards I sent in, neither get accepted. On one, you guys try to nickel and dime me for a scratch on the backplate when the damn fan falls off during operation.  The other get denied for some stupid scuff on the pcb without even one attempt to figure out what the original problem was in the first place.

29 Replies Related Threads

Calad
    • Total Posts : 50
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/26 19:40:05 (permalink)
    Ive always heard good things about their customer service, i hope this isnt the case
    Polycount
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 104
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/27 12:13:12 (permalink)
    This is concerning. I was looking forward to picking up an EVGA card sometime next month.

Can anyone else corroborate this? I usually buy from XFX but those cards are garbage.
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102323
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/27 12:26:01 (permalink)
    I have forwarded this to EVGA

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/27 12:27:01 (permalink)
    Hello,

Thanks for contacting us concerning your RMAs. I have sent you a PM to follow up with your concerns.

-Daniel
    kylerxiii
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 101
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/28 07:36:46 (permalink)
    Hope you're able to get things resolved i'd love to hear what happened. And how they tried to help fix your situation
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/28 14:50:56 (permalink)
    kylerxiii
    Hope you're able to get things resolved i'd love to hear what happened. And how they tried to help fix your situation

+1
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/28 15:56:59 (permalink)
    Sajin
    kylerxiii

+1

+2   =)

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    • Total Posts : 21477
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/28 17:07:29 (permalink)
    XrayMan
    Sajin
    kylerxiii

+1

+2   =)

+3 :)-
    thatonedude14
    • Total Posts : 97
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/28 18:56:10 (permalink)
    kram36
    XrayMan
    Sajin
    kylerxiii

+1

+2   =)

+3 :)-

+4 :D
    s10blazed
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/29 08:16:27 (permalink)
    Has this been resolved? I chose EVGA after hearing a few good things about them.  But if I can't get the video card I want in time I may consider looking elsewhere.
    Noxnoctis1976
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 117
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/29 09:24:13 (permalink)
    +5 hate treads like this. Makes buying tougher. Good thing everything is sold out.....
    EchofoxtrotFTW
    • Total Posts : 99
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/29 10:38:18 (permalink)
    +6 please post results
    ElginAgain
    • Total Posts : 22
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/29 14:49:06 (permalink)
    Wow sounds like they're being a not picky
    RedSpeed
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 118
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/29 15:24:40 (permalink)
    +7 Please let us know the results. I have noticed the warranty has gotten worse over the years :(
    Atka!
    • Total Posts : 10
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/29 15:32:51 (permalink)
    What I've heard and noticed about EVGA is that they've got very nice customer service, but sometimes they seem toothless and are unable to help with much. As far as replacements go, hopefully things are better, but it's not a great sign if they try to get out of the warranty by whatever means.

Though, there are two sides to this, so maybe there are more details in this situation that makes their choice reasonable.
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/29 19:37:20 (permalink)
    RedSpeed
    +7 Please let us know the results. I have noticed the warranty has gotten worse over the years :(

I think there's a +5 limit per thread.

&nbsp
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/29 20:37:53 (permalink)
    undeadwookie
    I have bought EVGA cards for years now and that's coming to a stop.  After weeks of waiting to hear back about both of the cards I sent in, neither get accepted. On one, you guys try to nickel and dime me for a scratch on the backplate when the damn fan falls off during operation.  The other get denied for some stupid scuff on the pcb without even one attempt to figure out what the original problem was in the first place.

This seems to be happening more and more with evga these days. Sometimes it takes going above the RMA manager head for evga to do the right thing.   

Here recently a customer warranty claim was denied due to two minor scratches on the power supply.
    • First tech denied the warranty
    • Send tech said it doesn't look it violates warranty terms to him, he would have RMA manager look into it (denied again)
    • Customer gives up hope buys a new psu (probably from evga competitor)
    • 2 weeks later evga upper management says it doesn't violate warranty terms

My guess is, evga has a new internal policy to nitpick products sent in for warranty service. If a customer goes public, they do what they should of done in the first place, stand behind the product and honor the warranty.

It's weird how in the past 5 months we have seen customer complaining about evga denying warranty claim for petty reason. I don't remember seeing customer complains like that about evga on here.

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18926
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/29 21:44:36 (permalink)

That's silly. It's a warranty claim. If the card/PSU/whatever isn't working as it's supposed to within the covered period, the warranty requires it to be fixed or replaced, providing the damage is not from negligence. You have to expect some reasonable wear and tear and not expect the item to be in brand new condition if it has (for example) a 3 year warranty and fails after 2 years. This sounds like the sort of bs ASUS would try to pull.

Maybe more to this than meets the eye.. like the guy a while ago buying dozens of broken cards cheap and then trying to make warranty claims on them. Maybe the little scratch was actually a huge gouge where someone went at it with an axe, lol.. who knows. Doesn't sound like EVGA to do something like this without a valid reason.

post edited by Nereus - 2018/01/29 21:46:15

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/29 21:57:41 (permalink)

Moved to the Warranty section.

&nbsp
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/30 00:33:26 (permalink)
    Nereus

That's silly. It's a warranty claim. If the card/PSU/whatever isn't working as it's supposed to within the covered period, the warranty requires it to be fixed or replaced, providing the damage is not from negligence. You have to expect some reasonable wear and tear and not expect the item to be in brand new condition if it has (for example) a 3 year warranty and fails after 2 years. This sounds like the sort of bs ASUS would try to pull.

Maybe more to this than meets the eye.. like the guy a while ago buying dozens of broken cards cheap and then trying to make warranty claims on them. Maybe the little scratch was actually a huge gouge where someone went at it with an axe, lol.. who knows. Doesn't sound like EVGA to do something like this without a valid reason.

+1.... yeah a "scuff" on the pcb is not a good sign no matter what. Coming to the forums to complain and us not being able to see the other side of the story def doesn't help your case either. Surface scratches on the shroud is a different story though. On the customers side though EVGA hs gotten very stringent with RMA's in the last 6 months so it wouldn't surprise me if this ends up being a over zealous employee denying a claim. There RMA dept def seems to have some issues going on.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/30 01:35:22 (permalink)
    Nereus

It is also worth considering what EVGA is dealing with. As you said people are buying broken cards and trying to RMA them. I could even see people trying to get newer models with the mining craze being like it is by causing problems for the card. What happens is staff is told to look for damage and be highly suspect which can in turn hurt people who didn't abuse the cards. That is why I feel some get over turned after a refusal.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/30 07:32:15 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    Nereus

It is also worth considering what EVGA is dealing with. As you said people are buying broken cards and trying to RMA them. I could even see people trying to get newer models with the mining craze being like it is by causing problems for the card. What happens is staff is told to look for damage and be highly suspect which can in turn hurt people who didn't abuse the cards. That is why I feel some get over turned after a refusal.

Something has changed at evga, and it's not for the better, at least from what i have seen on here. They started nitpicking products sent in for warranty service, denying the claim over the smallest things. If a customer goes public, all of a sudden, after going above RMA manager head, the product warranty is no longer void.

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18926
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/01/31 19:23:13 (permalink)
    MSim
    Hoggle
    Nereus

Something has changed at evga, and it's not for the better, at least from what i have seen on here. They started nitpicking products sent in for warranty service, denying the claim over the smallest things. If a customer goes public, all of a sudden, after going above RMA manager head, the product warranty is no longer void.

Might depend on history as well. If the customer is someone with a history of repeated RMAs, or a brand new customer and there's evidence of possible shenanigans, then they probably exercise a bit of caution. If it's a customer with a history of multiple registered purchases without repeated RMAs on every second item, then it's more likely to be a legit claim. Can't say I blame them for that, within reason.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Polycount
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/02/04 08:50:52 (permalink)
    MSim
    Hoggle
    Nereus

This is key, I think. It's unfortunate, but the norm now seems to be "take to social media/reddit/etc. if something goes wrong," which is not at all how it should be.

If a company makes a mistake, I'd love to resolve it in private as much as them. But if they refuse to help me out, I'm going to do what I have to do to get the level of customer service I expect - especially from EVGA.

...That said, I've had nothing but good experiences with them so far. Bought numerous EVGA PSUs, never had a single one die on me - only reason I even bought new ones at all was to power higher-end rigs. Otherwise, I'd probably still have my old 400W. ;) The one time I did have to interact with customer service was to replace a video card way back when - it was a painless process, and shipping was quick. I was happy to game on integrated graphics for a week or so.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/02/04 09:10:22 (permalink)
    EVGATech_DanielM
    Hello,

Thanks for contacting us concerning your RMAs. I have sent you a PM to follow up with your concerns.

-Daniel

Many valid points have been made above; even if they are just conjecture on our part.

Since EVGA Tech has replied a WEEK ago & the OP has yet to update their thread --> lets wait for the OP to update

Seems if they were not Happy - we would hear it

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

GiaVu
    • Total Posts : 87
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/02/17 03:08:41 (permalink)
    Just be careful with the way you handle the card. Might be because the recent surge in mining activity make they doubt your RMA. 
    evgapcbuilds
    • Total Posts : 96
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/02/17 18:31:08 (permalink)
    This makes me unsettled. Was going to go EVGA just for what I’ve heard about their cust service but now I’m not so sure
    TheBman83
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/02/18 01:58:34 (permalink)
    evgapcbuilds
    This makes me unsettled. Was going to go EVGA just for what I’ve heard about their cust service but now I’m not so sure

The only complaint I have with how my RMA went was lack of communication from the time they got my card.  It was in there hands for over a week before it showed they even received it but after that the replacement was shipped to me pretty quickly.  So I would buy from them again. 
    Anblin
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Done with EVGA 2018/02/19 05:14:55 (permalink)
    One of my GTX 970s went up in smoke recently. Getting the RMA set up was a breeze, however, (gasp) initially I was assigned a GTX 1060 when it was noted my system was based on SLi. A quick call in to customer service and I talked to a very earnest CSR that stated they would do their very best to send a card that doesn't break my SLi configuration. Looks like I am being sent another 970. They wanted to give me an upgrade, and mistakes do happen, right?
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile