EVGA

Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all.

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 11
Author
Intoxicus
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 406
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/03 11:34:48 (permalink)
People making unethical choices is not the fault of Crypto.

Blame the user(s), not the tool.

"Humans are not rational animals, humans are rationalizing animals." -Robert A Heinlein
kram36
The Destroyer
  • Total Posts : 21477
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/03 12:04:51 (permalink)
Intoxicus

"unethical"? In what way? You being a part of the banking ponzi scheme and not trying to get out of it seems "unethical" to me.
Lavitias
  • Total Posts : 87
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/06 06:00:24 (permalink)
This whole thing is laughable it became legitimized the day governments decided it could be taxed. It's not going anywhere nor is it the cause of the shortage. Might be the cause of the scalped prices though as miners only care about RoI so as long as they can make their money back no price is to much to pay. As for the shortages you have the rather asinine concept of just in time delivery to thank for that. It's torched my work more times then I can count but is justified because look at all the money we save on warehouse space. Which works fine until oh everyone wants that exact same thing right now. We even ran out of seat foam for car seats to give you and idea of how screwed just in time delivery is.
Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2233
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 10:52:48 (permalink)
kram36
Intoxicus

"unethical"? In what way? You being a part of the banking ponzi scheme and not trying to get out of it seems "unethical" to me.

It is interesting that you seem to using the arguments made against you to support you. Might want to consider an original line of defense. Seems the ability to understand this as liberating and a revolution cannot be defended with an original perspective.

The “unethical” perspective comes from the actions, clearly, but the product and the concept is also responsible. Why limit yourself with “ethics” when you can remain anonymous. Ethics thrive in transparency not in darkness. If everyone around something acts “unethically,” then maybe the product is to blame?
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 11:06:41 (permalink)
Grey_Beard
kram36
Intoxicus

It is interesting that you seem to using the arguments made against you to support you. Might want to consider an original line of defense. Seems the ability to understand this as liberating and a revolution cannot be defended with an original perspective.

The “unethical” perspective comes from the actions, clearly, but the product and the concept is also responsible. Why limit yourself with “ethics” when you can remain anonymous. Ethics thrive in transparency not in darkness. If everyone around something acts “unethically,” then maybe the product is to blame?

You show ZERO knowledge on crypto currency. You're a complete waste of my time until you put some education into the subject.
Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 12:14:54 (permalink)
kram36
You show ZERO knowledge on crypto currency. You're a complete waste of my time until you put some education into the subject.

So now you are like, “Well, if your responses don’t fit my definition, you need to educate yourself.”  Nice.   Nothing like stomping your foot and taking your toys home, but hey it‘s me.  How unknowledgeable of me.

Maybe you need to educate yourself on the current monetary system.  It seems you resist something with limited knowledge.  All you know is a few buzz words you picked up over time, as you have yet to enlighten anyone here on your knowledge to break down why the current system is so bad.  Maybe start there.  But repeating other’s points back is so much easier.

It is funny how you think crypto will do nothing but gain value.  Heck, why not gold?  Crypto will eventually lose and lose bigly!  This will happen because of all the things going on that will erode confidence.  Are you knowledgeable of this concept?  C-O-N-F-I-D-E-N-C-E, or is this another ZEROburger?  Not yours, clearly, but the millions of others who are important for this to become a “standard.”  Oh, but hey, I know ZERO about any of this.  

Maybe you should write a book to educate us all, oh oracle of crypto.  Let us know the release date and we can resume our debate after I read it.  Let me know if you need any reference materials on the current system, as these items are abundant.  If you invest the time, we could debate that while your penning the crypto memoirs.
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 12:35:57 (permalink)
Grey_Beard
kram36

So now you are like, “Well, if your responses don’t fit my definition, you need to educate yourself.”  Nice.   Nothing like stomping your foot and taking your toys home, but hey it‘s me.  How unknowledgeable of me.

Maybe you need to educate yourself on the current monetary system.  It seems you resist something with limited knowledge.  All you know is a few buzz words you picked up over time, as you have yet to enlighten anyone here on your knowledge to break down why the current system is so bad.  Maybe start there.  But repeating other’s points back is so much easier.

It is funny how you think crypto will do nothing but gain value.  Heck, why not gold?  Crypto will eventually lose and lose bigly!  This will happen because of all the things going on that will erode confidence.  Are you knowledgeable of this concept?  C-O-N-F-I-D-E-N-C-E, or is this another ZEROburger?  Not yours, clearly, but the millions of others who are important for this to become a “standard.”  Oh, but hey, I know ZERO about any of this.  

Maybe you should write a book to educate us all, oh oracle of crypto.  Let us know the release date and we can resume our debate after I read it.  Let me know if you need any reference materials on the current system, as these items are abundant.  If you invest the time, we could debate that while your penning the crypto memoirs.

Blah blah blah blah
Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 13:18:11 (permalink)
kram36
Blah blah blah blah

Nice.
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6746
  • Ribbons : 16
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 15:37:49 (permalink)
It’s the End of the World Economy as We Know It

Mark Carney, the former governor of the Bank of England, delivered an influential speech to fellow central bankers last August arguing that the current international monetary and financial system, with its deep dollar dependence, was unsustainable. But the pandemic may be entrenching that flawed system.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/16/upshot/world-economy-restructuring-coronavirus.html

Deutsche Bank warns of global ‘time bomb’ coming due to rising inflation

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/07/deutsche-bank-warns-of-global-time-bomb-coming-due-to-rising-inflation.html

World Bank Warns Stimulus Spending And ‘Dangerous’ Debt Crisis Could Trigger Recession And Wipe Out A Decade Of Income Gains

https://www.forbes.com/si...gains/?sh=295f95152f25

the US dollar is a house of cards....

why do you think lots of people are hedging for digital currency or a commodity like gold
why do you think billionaires are now buying digital currencies
post edited by Xavier Zepherious - 2021/07/10 15:40:53

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 19:45:15 (permalink)
Xavier Zepherious
It’s the End of the World Economy as We Know It

Mark Carney, the former governor of the Bank of England, delivered an influential speech to fellow central bankers last August arguing that the current international monetary and financial system, with its deep dollar dependence, was unsustainable. But the pandemic may be entrenching that flawed system.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/16/upshot/world-economy-restructuring-coronavirus.html

Deutsche Bank warns of global ‘time bomb’ coming due to rising inflation

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/07/deutsche-bank-warns-of-global-time-bomb-coming-due-to-rising-inflation.html

World Bank Warns Stimulus Spending And ‘Dangerous’ Debt Crisis Could Trigger Recession And Wipe Out A Decade Of Income Gains

https://www.forbes.com/si...gains/?sh=295f95152f25

the US dollar is a house of cards....

why do you think lots of people are hedging for digital currency or a commodity like gold
why do you think billionaires are now buying digital currencies

Not just the US dollar every currency around the world is. 
I dont go by a person who was paid under the table to make those remarks, over and over, even a reporter, a well known actor, politician said something that thinks is accurate, like he/she is a GOD and seen the future.
I want these idiots to go to the news, youtube, tik tok, even the United Nations to say that, I want to see the public and every world leaders reaction.
My opinion? I dont make the prophecies come true, I do the opposite, if **** hits the fan, at least i chosen a side that does not hurt the flow of human evolution and well being.
post edited by atfrico - 2021/07/10 19:49:05

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 20:15:47 (permalink)
What?!?? Human evolution and well being?!?! Dramatic much? You and the other guy should co-write that book. His intellectual prowess and your dramatic license, now that’s a winning combination. NYT best seller!

Hey Chicken Little, are you sure this time.

It’s not like any of these stances are new. Remember when the debt was 50% of GDP? Maybe most of you are too young to even know that was a thing. Was it not going to be unsustainable then? Heck Japan has had 150% of GDP in debt for decades. Has their economy collapsed? Their currency keeps rolling strong. Why is that? Well let me explain it to you. Most of the debt for the US and Japan is owed by their own people. That is not a problem. It is wise to invest in yourself. Do you not do that when you get a degree, but a new suit, heck build a mew PC? You act like debt is some boogieman. Oh no, Mr Bill, there’s Sluggo the Debt Guy. Oooooohhhh Nnnnnooo! He is 100% of GDP! Oooooohhhhhhh Nnnnnnnooooooo!

Show me one economy that imploded or failed and left that nation in ruin because of debt. I will await your response.

As I have said earlier, it’s about CONFIDENCE. The dollar, the yen, the US and Japan’s monetary systems have it and crypto-Butcoin does not. Very simple.

Cannot wait for the next Chicken Little prediction telling us the monetary system is about to collapse. I guess you’ll tell me so when that happens, but unfortunately, this forum will not be functioning because the monetary system collapsed. HHHHHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 20:33:42 (permalink)
Grey_Beard
What?!?? Human evolution and well being?!?! Dramatic much? You and the other guy should co-write that book. His intellectual prowess and your dramatic license, now that’s a winning combination. NYT best seller!

It’s not like any of these stances are new. Remember when the debt was 50% of GDP? Maybe most of you are too young to even know that was a thing. Was it not going to be unsustainable then? Heck Japan has had 150% of GDP in debt for decades. Has their economy collapsed? Their currency keeps rolling strong. Why is that? Well let me explain it to you. Most of the debt for the US and Japan is owed by their own people. That is not a problem. It is wise to invest in yourself. Do you not do that when you get a degree, but a new suit, heck build a mew PC? You act like debt is some boogieman. Oh no, Mr Bill, there’s Sluggo the Debt Guy. Oooooohhhh Nnnnnooo! He is 100% of GDP! Oooooohhhhhhh Nnnnnnnooooooo!

Show me one economy that imploded or failed and left that nation in ruin because of debt. I will await your response.

As I have said earlier, it’s about CONFIDENCE. The dollar, the yen, the US and Japan’s monetary systems have it and crypto-Butcoin does not. Very simple.

Cannot wait for the next Chicken Little prediction telling us the monetary system is about to collapse. I guess you’ll tell me so when that happens, but unfortunately, this forum will not be functioning because the monetary system collapsed. HHHHHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

It's easy to call names to anyone, it reflects you are scare and feel intimidated by someone.
I rather be whatever name you like to call me or anyone in this forum, than a coward behind a keyboard like yourself spitting trolling comments and name calling.
Crypto currency is a step backwards not forward is a simple way of money laundering, how is it that others are way ahead than the potential countries and world bank itself.
It is about creating uncertainty and fear so is this smoke screen of COVID.

For someone who claim is older than anyone, your writing reflects the opposite.

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 20:47:54 (permalink)
atfrico
It's easy to call names to anyone, it reflects you are scare and feel intimidated by someone.
I rather be whatever name you like to call me or anyone in this forum, than a coward behind a keyboard like yourself spitting trolling comments and name calling.
Crypto currency is a step backwards not forward is a simple way of money laundering, how is it that others are way ahead than the potential countries and world bank itself.

Sorry, you must spend too much on Reddit. I forgot the “/s”. Maybe you’ll recognize SARCASM the next time. Who did I call names? I called some one Chicken Little. Lock me up. Ban me. That was so over the top. LOL!

My writing? Who wrote this? Pay attention to the last sentence.

atfrico
I dont go by a person who was paid under the table to make those remarks, over and over, even a reporter, a well known actor, politician said something that thinks is accurate, like he/she is a GOD and seen the future.
I want these idiots to go to the news, youtube, tik tok, even the United Nations to say that, I want to see the public and every world leaders reaction.
My opinion? I dont make the prophecies come true, I do the opposite, if **** hits the fan, at least i chosen a side that does not hurt the flow of human evolution and well being.

I do not think you are making much sense right now. Maybe try reading what you wrote before hitting Reply.

Sorry, I did not recognize it’s actually me. (That was sarcasm)
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 20:50:38 (permalink)
123-Year-Old Hydroelectric Plant Sees New Life Mining Bitcoin — Revenue 3x Higher Than Selling to the Grid

On Thursday local reports from Mechanicville, the city located in Saratoga County, New York, say that an old hydroelectric plant constructed back in 1897 was almost dismantled, but today the plant is mining bitcoins. The Mechanicville facility is considered one of the oldest renewable energy plants in the world, and it’s now making “more money with bitcoin than selling the electricity” to the grid.

Jim Besha, AEC’s CEO, told local reporters that AEC is currently making 3X more money than it would be selling electricity to National Grid, the multinational electricity, and gas utility company. “We can actually make more money with bitcoin than selling the electricity to National Grid,” Besha remarked in a recent interview. The firm only makes $0.03 per kilowatt-hour (kWh) selling power to National Grid. Besha further said:

https://news.bitcoin.com/...n-selling-to-the-grid/

Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 20:54:12 (permalink)
Cryptocurrency Miners Caught With Over 3,800 PlayStation 4 Consoles After Ukrainian Police Uncover The Mining Operation

“Mining cryptocurrencies can be done on many devices, including the PS4, but it certainly isn't the most efficient. When you have 3,800 PS4s and don't pay your power bills, you can make money mining cryptocurrencies.”

Cryptocurrency Miners Caught With 3,800 PlayStation 4 Consoles After Ukrainian Police Uncover The Mining Operation (wccftech.com)

Seems like another theft linked to the savior monetary system.  Good going.  This definitely helps fighting The Man.  l always admire the ways of criminals and want to emulate what they do.  Cannot wait for Mad Max Thunderdome Crypto-Butcoin Style.
post edited by Grey_Beard - 2021/07/10 21:02:27
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 21:00:49 (permalink)
Grey_Beard
atfrico

Sorry, you must spend too much on Reddit. I forgot the “/s”. Maybe you’ll recognize SARCASM the next time. Who did I call names? I called some one Chicken Little. Lock me up. Ban me. That was so over the top. LOL!

My writing? Who wrote this? Pay attention to the last sentence.

atfrico

I do not think you are making much sense right now. Maybe try reading what you wrote before hitting Reply.

Sorry, I did not recognize it’s actually me. (That was sarcasm)

A (me) was talking to B (Xavier) and C (you) need to stay out of it, since your comments and replies do not have so much value, just attacks. 
Again, DO NOT include yourself in a conversation that does not include or even mention you. It is called forum etiquette, just because Kram doesn't answer you does not mean you need to pick your silly name calling fights with me.
Unlike you, I assist people, i don't start a name calling childish battle like yourself
post edited by atfrico - 2021/07/10 21:03:11

Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 21:06:32 (permalink)
atfrico
A (me) was talking to B (Xavier) and C (you) need to stay out of it, since your comments and replies do not have so much value, just attacks. 
Again, DO NOT include yourself in a conversation that does not include or even mention you. It is called forum etiquette, just because Kram doesn't answer you does not mean you need to pick your silly name calling fights with me.

Attacks?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??
Really?!?!??!?!
Sensitive much?
I really love the post on a public forum, but everyone must recognize that its just a conversation between two people.  You know there is a part of this forum where you can do that, right. Its called a PM.
Oh, I must of attacked you again.  Sorry, this is your private conversation.

I do not add value because I am not a fanboi of Crypto-Butcoin?
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 21:25:40 (permalink)
Grey_Beard
atfrico

Attacks?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??
Really?!?!??!?!
Sensitive much?
I really love the post on a public forum, but everyone must recognize that its just a conversation between two people.  You know there is a part of this forum where you can do that, right. Its called a PM.
Oh, I must of attacked you again.  Sorry, this is your private conversation.

I do not add value because I am not a fanboi of Crypto-Butcoin?

It is consider attack when you start name calling, do that in public and you will get the same response even worst so dont be acting like you are innocent, see you quote below and explain, better yet, who is the imaginary person you are calling Chicken little?

Grey_Beard

Cannot wait for the next Chicken Little prediction telling us the monetary system is about to collapse. 

I dont do PMs to people who start name calling me or any other members around. Know your place like I know mine. 
Don't get involve in conversations that doesn't include you or even your name is not even mention and that's that.
To every action, there is an opposite or equal reaction, dont mess with me and I dont mess with you, 
Is any of that clear? or should I rely on 10th grade level writing? let me know.

Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 21:48:02 (permalink)
Grey_Beard
Cryptocurrency Miners Caught With Over 3,800 PlayStation 4 Consoles After Ukrainian Police Uncover The Mining Operation

“Mining cryptocurrencies can be done on many devices, including the PS4, but it certainly isn't the most efficient. When you have 3,800 PS4s and don't pay your power bills, you can make money mining cryptocurrencies.”

Cryptocurrency Miners Caught With 3,800 PlayStation 4 Consoles After Ukrainian Police Uncover The Mining Operation (wccftech.com)

Seems like another theft linked to the savior monetary system.  Good going.  This definitely helps fighting The Man.  l always admire the ways of criminals and want to emulate what they do.  Cannot wait for Mad Max Thunderdome Crypto-Butcoin Style.

oh and the US dollar can't be used for any crime - or you can't do money laindering or fraud with it??? get real

there are criminal elements that will do anything with whatever format ie money, or bond, or commodity - get real

you don't blame the format or the tech you blame the culprits - ie the criminals

had the dang people paid for the energy they wouldn't have been shut down because what they were doing was a legal activity

greed - builds criminals and they can be found everywhere in whatever business and - even with politicians that own real estate 

post edited by Xavier Zepherious - 2021/07/10 22:14:49

Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 21:51:53 (permalink)
atfrico

It is consider attack when you start name calling, do that in public and you will get the same response even worst so dont be acting like you are innocent, see you quote below and explain, better yet, who is the imaginary person you are calling Chicken little?

Grey_Beard

Cannot wait for the next Chicken Little prediction telling us the monetary system is about to collapse. 

I dont do PMs to people who start name calling me or any other members around. Know your place like I know mine. 
Don't get involve in conversations that doesn't include you or even your name is not even mention and that's that.
To every action, there is an opposite or equal reaction, dont mess with me and I dont mess with you, 
Is any of that clear? or should I rely on 10th grade level writing? let me know.

Chicken Little is name calling.  Nice.  Have you ever read the story?  My place, eh, and I am the condescending one.  Seems to be a failure to communicate here.

Dude, it is a public forum.  Don't get mad at the people around you on the street when they hear your dialog because you are talking in public.
I in no way want you to PM me, I was just pointing out that there is a way to do that.  Kind of PDA, take it inside like taking your conversation from the sidewalk or street into your home.
Name calling?  Maybe you should not butt into a conversation with another person who disagrees and then get all bent over that fact.  This is a funny conversation.
bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11105
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 21:55:59 (permalink)
The trouble with the huge debt the USA carries, nearing 30,000,000,000,000.00$. Near 30 Trillion. TRILLION.
The interest paid on the debt is 370,000,000,000.00$ a year. 370 Billion a year
That is money the US taxpayers have to cough up every year. Taxes are high enough as is.
That 370 billion year after year adds up. US collects 3.5 trillion a year in taxes.
The federal reserve is buying up a lot of the debt. And they just print $$$ out of thin air.
They don't even have to print it, they just send out a bunch of digital 1s & 0s out of thin air(sound familiar?) 
They keep interest rates artificially low so they can barrow money at a lower rate.
I am old enough to remember 11-14% mortgage rates. I got my first home with a special loan program for 1st time buyers at 8.75% and that was a good deal. 
I could put money in a savings account or a CD and get a return on my money better than the rate of inflation.
Today if I put my money in a savings account I would lose money. I remember 33 cent pack of smokes.
12$+ a pack today here. I can go on with the 48k house now worth 275k or more
Who gets hurt? Anyone who wants to save for the future. Old people who want to retire and have a stream of income from their lifetime savings. So what do they do?
They put their money in the stock market like all the pension funds do. that in-turn keeps the market going up and up even though earnings aren't great. (Bubble)
The low interest rates do not help the banks, who are the backbone of the paper money system.
We need the banking system to be healthy and making some money. And not just by service charges and fees
It helps the housing market, house prices go up and up cause of the cheap money. 
Price of a home is not out of reach for many people cause of the high demand.
Cheap money seller can get more for the house and property. More inflation (Bubble)

Some debt is ok for projects, schools buy busses, borrow to buy a house or car build a road or bridge.
But you have something to show for it and a way to pay it back
We have 30 trillion in debt, what do we have to show for it? How will we ever pay it back?
What happens when the service on the debt reaches 500 billion or a trillion if we keep Borrowing.
Interest rates will have to go up at some point and the service/interest will go up.

The US dollar has value cause people say it does.
Crypto has value cause people say it does.
If China, Russia, OPEC and others decide to not trade OIL or other goods in US dollars the US would be screwed.
If there were a run on US savings bonds, or no one buys anymore worried if they will still be worth anything.
I believe others are noticing the huge debt we are amassing and spending huge amounts on ourselves
The US is the largest debtor nation on Earth, we spend money like we can just print it out of thin air.
Oh yeah, we can and do!

As far as crypto, as of now it is a commodity and not a currency and will only have value if someone is willing to pay for it. Just like silver or gold. Except you can hold silver and gold and they can be used to make things
If the power grid fails, be it from a mechanical failure or a cyber attack lock up.
The crypto, stocks and bonds, mutual funds, savings/checking accounts will be off line. Good luck with that.

Crypto can be traced, they got back the 70 million paid out the last time.
I myself could not care less if it stays or goes. Not crazy about it. Don't like the cyber attack blackmail bitcoin aspect.
Don't exactly like all the rules over paper money either.
Carry a few thousand in cash and get pulled over and let the police see it. Good luck keeping it.
Want to take out more than ten thou, fill out this form and tell us why.
Teller is suspicious of you, the authorities will be having a chat with you.
Nothing to hide no big deal? Well it is my money and my business. Constitution, privacy and all that.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 21:56:27 (permalink)
Grey_Beard
atfrico

Grey_Beard

Chicken Little is name calling.  Nice.  Have you ever read the story?  My place, eh, and I am the condescending one.  Seems to be a failure to communicate here.

Dude, it is a public forum.  Don't get mad at the people around you on the street when they hear your dialog because you are talking in public.
I in no way want you to PM me, I was just pointing out that there is a way to do that.  Kind of PDA, take it inside like taking your conversation from the sidewalk or street into your home.
Name calling?  Maybe you should not butt into a conversation with another person who disagrees and then get all bent over that fact.  This is a funny conversation.

Everyone has their name posted in this forum or you have a narrow minded eyesight of not seeing their names posted?
Pointing about what? I don't even mentioned you or named you whatsoever. I quoted Xavier or is your forum name Xavier also? 
You have nothing else to say but repeating of what I write? seriously? is that your best?

Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 22:00:14 (permalink)
Xavier Zepherious

oh and the US dollar can't be used for any crime - or you can't do money laindering or fraud with it??? get real

there are criminal elements that will do anything with whatever format ie money, or bond, or commodity - get real

you don't blame the format or the tech you blame the culprits - ie the criminals

had the dang people paid for the energy they wouldn't have been shut down because what they were doing was a legal activity

greed - builds criminal and they can be found everywhere in whatever business and - even with politicians that own real estate 

Nothing like putting words in my mouth.  Try a new line.  The Crypto-Butcoin supporters seem to be out of arguments.  You fail to see that today, cash is not nearly what it was 20 years ago.  More people use plastic.  Yes, there is theft there too.  Never said there was not.  People steal identities all the time.  Criminals going to crime, no doubt.  I can blame the format when it is clearly to the advantage of the criminals.  You have said this can be tracked.  At least there is a way, based on the current monetary system in the US, to track and stop stolen dollars by their serial number.  Banks even give new credit cards and remove charges from stolen accounts.  How does this transpire in Crypto?  You made the claim not me.  Support it.  I showed how cash and plastic can be tracked.  Show us how crypto can be tracked and the criminals that got stole coins are stopped.  You cannot.  It is not a transparent process.  That is on the coin.  that is the appeal of the coins.  I love the way you threw in, "Don't hate the player, hate the game."  Nice.
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 22:05:47 (permalink)
bill1024

If China, Russia, OPEC and others decide to not trade OIL or other goods in US dollars the US would be screwed.
If there were a run on US savings bonds, or no one buys anymore worried if they will still be worth anything.
I believe others are noticing the huge debt we are amassing and spending huge amounts on ourselves
The US is the largest debtor nation on Earth, we spend money like we can just print it out of thin air.
Oh yeah, we can and do!

As far as crypto, as of now it is a commodity and not a currency and will only have value if someone is willing to pay for it. Just like silver or gold. Except you can hold silver and gold and they can be used to make things
If the power grid fails, be it from a mechanical failure or a cyber attack lock up.
The crypto, stocks and bonds, mutual funds, savings/checking accounts will be off line. Good luck with that.

The US is the largest debtor due to the economic assistance it provided to other 3rd World countries around the world. The US built the debt because of that and as you can see, the countries the US helped before some of them turned their backs to the US now.
I agree with you 100%. How are you going to get your money when the system crash or there is not electricity or internet and there is not other way to claim it back since it is digital currency? 
That is something most people dont think about now in days, they are just being distracted of what the news feed on them.

Great post bill 
post edited by atfrico - 2021/07/10 22:08:26

Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 22:15:35 (permalink)
bill1024
The trouble with the huge debt the USA carries, nearing 30,000,000,000,000.00$. Near 30 Trillion. TRILLION.
The interest paid on the debt is 370,000,000,000.00$ a year. 370 Billion a year
That is money the US taxpayers have to cough up every year. Taxes are high enough as is.
That 370 billion year after year adds up. US collects 3.5 trillion a year in taxes.
The federal reserve is buying up a lot of the debt. And they just print $$$ out of thin air.
They don't even have to print it, they just send out a bunch of digital 1s & 0s out of thin air(sound familiar?) 
They keep interest rates artificially low so they can barrow money at a lower rate.
I am old enough to remember 11-14% mortgage rates. I got my first home with a special loan program for 1st time buyers at 8.75% and that was a good deal. 
I could put money in a savings account or a CD and get a return on my money better than the rate of inflation.
Today if I put my money in a savings account I would lose money. I remember 33 cent pack of smokes.
12$+ a pack today here. I can go on with the 48k house now worth 275k or more
Who gets hurt? Anyone who wants to save for the future. Old people who want to retire and have a stream of income from their lifetime savings. So what do they do?
They put their money in the stock market like all the pension funds do. that in-turn keeps the market going up and up even though earnings aren't great. (Bubble)
The low interest rates do not help the banks, who are the backbone of the paper money system.
We need the banking system to be healthy and making some money. And not just by service charges and fees
It helps the housing market, house prices go up and up cause of the cheap money. 
Price of a home is not out of reach for many people cause of the high demand.
Cheap money seller can get more for the house and property. More inflation (Bubble)

Some debt is ok for projects, schools buy busses, borrow to buy a house or car build a road or bridge.
But you have something to show for it and a way to pay it back
We have 30 trillion in debt, what do we have to show for it? How will we ever pay it back?
What happens when the service on the debt reaches 500 billion or a trillion if we keep Borrowing.
Interest rates will have to go up at some point and the service/interest will go up.

Oh yeah, we can and do!

Crypto can be traced, they got back the 70 million paid out the last time.
I myself could not care less if it stays or goes. Not crazy about it. Don't like the cyber attack blackmail bitcoin aspect.
Don't exactly like all the rules over paper money either.
Carry a few thousand in cash and get pulled over and let the police see it. Good luck keeping it.
Want to take out more than ten thou, fill out this form and tell us why.
Teller is suspicious of you, the authorities will be having a chat with you.
Nothing to hide no big deal? Well it is my money and my business. Constitution, privacy and all that.

Interest rates for mortgages were 20% in 1980.  Credit card interest was 30%.  Certificates of deposits paid 15%.  Its all relative.  That was 40+ years ago.  What was the deficit?  10% of GDP.  Show me the relationship between this debt and economic collapse.  Would love to hear the facts, not predictions, thoughts or educated guesses.

$30,000,000,000 is not where things stand.  They might get there soon, but not there now.  U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time (usdebtclock.org)  $2,000,000,000 off, that is about 6 months, 2022.  LOL.  75% of that is owned by people in the US.  How is this bad?  Is it bad because it is a bigger number than we have even known.  You realize government is not a business or your personal budget right.  Business is not government and the sooner we realize this the better.  Crypto will not survive if teh monetary system crumbles.  How do those smart phones get made and solid through that system?

Constitution does not mean privacy.  Interesting that we have two $Trillion companies who are this valuable because we gave away our privacy.  Constitution and Capitalism do not protect privacy.  Each of us do.

There is no relation to the debt and Armageddon.  Its a fallacy.  Its how they want you to think.  Criminals going to use whatever means.  Its reality.
Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 22:18:17 (permalink)
I love how people use factless claims and think its fact.  The US is debt from helping other countries.  LOLOLOLOLOL.  That is some warped stuff.  Completely lacks reality.  Next thing we know, Aliens landed in Roswell.  Maybe Elvis is still alive.  JFK Jr is living in Atlantis.  C'mon Man!

And here I thought this was a conversation about Crypto-Butcoin.  Now its all about no facts and no reality.

kram36
The Destroyer
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 22:24:50 (permalink)
Grey_Beard
I love how people use factless claims and think its fact. <snip>

And here I thought this was a conversation about Crypto-Butcoin.

Look in the mirror bud

and you calling Bitcoin, Butcoin only shows how uneducated you are on Bitcoin.
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 22:35:03 (permalink)
Grey_Beard
I love how people use factless claims and think its fact.  The US is debt from helping other countries.  LOLOLOLOLOL.  That is some warped stuff.  Completely lacks reality.  Next thing we know, Aliens landed in Roswell.  Maybe Elvis is still alive.  JFK Jr is living in Atlantis.  C'mon Man!

And here I thought this was a conversation about Crypto-Butcoin.  Now its all about no facts and no reality.

No facts and no reality claims, right?

US Is Sending 25 Million COVID-19 Vaccine Doses to These Countries (businessinsider.com)

US to send millions of Covid-19 vaccines to Latin America - CNNPolitics

How Much Aid Does U.S. Give to Central America? Trump Says He's Cutting Funding to El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras Over Migrant Caravan (newsweek.com)

Was $642 Million In U.S. Aid To Central America Over 2 Years Too Much Or Not Enough? | Fox News

Do some reading before spitting BS 

Where is the money coming from from the monetary AID and Vaccines explain that? In what country?

There is more:  U.S. boosts Africa's economic recovery from COVID-19 | ShareAmerica

How Nice of Us! U.S. to Give $10.6 Billion to Mexico, Central America (independentsentinel.com)

post edited by atfrico - 2021/07/10 22:43:19

Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 22:35:15 (permalink)
kram36
Look in the mirror bud

and you calling Bitcoin, Butcoin only shows how uneducated you are on Bitcoin.

The difference is something that has gone over your head, sarcasm. Funny how you are all serious and defending this stuff but have no facts, but then there is me being sarcastic and you’re like, “What about your facts!” And here I thought you stormed away and took your toys home. Are you back out to play?

By the way, what have I said that was devoid of facts? I said things dripping with sarcasm, but there are facts all over my posts. Is confidence in the system not a fact? What outlandish comment did I make like, “The US is $30 Trillion in debt because we supported other countries.” Please provide it. I guess I am about to hear, “Blah, blah, blah.” Maybe try, “Yadda, yadda, yadda” this time.
Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/07/10 22:43:27 (permalink)
atfrico
Grey_Beard

No facts and no reality claims, right?

US Is Sending 25 Million COVID-19 Vaccine Doses to These Countries (businessinsider.com)

US to send millions of Covid-19 vaccines to Latin America - CNNPolitics

How Much Aid Does U.S. Give to Central America? Trump Says He's Cutting Funding to El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras Over Migrant Caravan (newsweek.com)

Was $642 Million In U.S. Aid To Central America Over 2 Years Too Much Or Not Enough? | Fox News

Do some reading before spitting BS 

Do you even know what $28 Trillion is? The small amounts here are rounding errors on this. Try again. Who owns the treasury bills that make up that $28 Trillion? The American people.

What about $600 Billion in defense spending that is given to the socialist defense contractors? What about the $1 Trillion socialist tax cut given the the wealthy? I am sure those have nothing to do with the high debt levels. But hey, stopping COVID and sending a few million to Central America is a bridge too far. Got it.

Next thing your going to tell me is that people are not working because they got an extra $300 a week in unemployment compensation. Nice.
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 11
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile