Helpful ReplyComputer Industry News requirements

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/04 20:19:43 (permalink)
atfrico
First you say i pop in to reaffirm someone not agreeing with EVGA, then you say complaint/argue, ok....with whom? I post something and you, like many other members, make it into an argument. I am reaffirming MSim because in a way he is right. He doesn't post meaningless pathetic topics that cries for attention. If i flash someone's thread as a spam then the so called mature member does the same with my post. so you tell me? how you and the rest of the Mods are enforcing the guidelines when that happens? I came to reaffirm, concur with MSim who has a valid argument. If i am not allowed to pop into this forum and reaffirm someone's frustration who really is at the same level of my frustration, please show me the rule in the forums that states i am not allowed to do that, so i can not do that again.

What are you even rambling about at this point. Did you not read in both post that you coming into reaffirm doesnt bother me or violate the terms of service? No, you are trying to get a rise out of someone.. and guess what, it was a nice try, but a wasted attempt. I dont care if that is all you are here to do. Be a cheerleader, go for it.

You cant seem to read what I wrote, so please go back and take a few minutes and read.

Once you are finished, read past here:

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH MSIM. You keep missing that, so i will repeat it one last time.. i have no problems with msim.

One thing i should request.. actually read posts before you respond. I just reread your post and you are doing your absolute best to make it sound like I am saying you are breaking terms of service.. nowhere did I say thay.. I literally said the exact opposite. If you dont understand, ask for clarification. It looks really silly when someone says, "you arent doing anything wrong" and you immediately reply "show me where i did something wrong".
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/03/04 20:28:55
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/04 20:34:08 (permalink)

Don't worry yourself about it Scarlet-Tech. There will always be people who are not happy in their own life, and just wants attention. Whatever you say, it won't get through to them. Like talking to a brick wall. It's sad, but you just have to move on. 

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/04 20:46:04 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
atfrico
First you say i pop in to reaffirm someone not agreeing with EVGA, then you say complaint/argue, ok....with whom? I post something and you, like many other members, make it into an argument. I am reaffirming MSim because in a way he is right. He doesn't post meaningless pathetic topics that cries for attention. If i flash someone's thread as a spam then the so called mature member does the same with my post. so you tell me? how you and the rest of the Mods are enforcing the guidelines when that happens? I came to reaffirm, concur with MSim who has a valid argument. If i am not allowed to pop into this forum and reaffirm someone's frustration who really is at the same level of my frustration, please show me the rule in the forums that states i am not allowed to do that, so i can not do that again.

What are you even rambling about at this point. Did you not read in both post that you coming into reaffirm doesnt bother me or violate the terms of service? No, you are trying to get a rise out of someone.. and guess what, it was a nice try, but a wasted attempt. I dont care if that is all you are here to do. Be a cheerleader, go for it.

You cant seem to read what I wrote, so please go back and take a few minutes and read.

Once you are finished, read past here:

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH MSIM. You keep missing that, so i will repeat it one last time.. i have no problems with msim.

One thing i should request.. actually read posts before you respond. I just reread your post and you are doing your absolute best to make it sound like I am saying you are breaking terms of service.. nowhere did I say thay.. I literally said the exact opposite. If you dont understand, ask for clarification. It looks really silly when someone says, "you arent doing anything wrong" and you immediately reply "show me where i did something wrong".

Oh i get it, and understood what you said, but my post was with MSim not you, you are the one who need to explain yourself about what you wrote and i quote: "I see you pop in and reaffirm anyone that doesnt agree with evga all the time, but i dont judge you on that."  again is this bad to do/support a fellow member?

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/04 20:54:17 (permalink)
atfrico
Oh i get it, and understood what you said, but my post was with MSim not you, you are the one who need to explain yourself about what you wrote and i quote: "I see you pop in and reaffirm anyone that doesnt agree with evga all the time, but i dont judge you on that."  again is this bad to do/support a fellow member?

Nope, it isnt. It wouldnt be bad to post something that is helpful to the community either.
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/04 20:56:18 (permalink)
XrayMan

Don't worry yourself about it Scarlet-Tech. There will always be people who are not happy in their own life, and just wants attention. Whatever you say, it won't get through to them. Like talking to a brick wall. It's sad, but you just have to move on. 

I concur with you. After reading this post, MSim was right in a way.

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/04 23:02:35 (permalink)
If our community manager is busy with other stuff at the moment, all it would take is "will work on updating it"  or " will look into this next week". That would show the community manager is paying attention. We could then wait to see what was update and have another discussion if needed. 

I'm sure some of the mods agree with me that the computer industry news needs some clarification.

"posting everything related to computer industry" is too broad 
"Chain linking" needs a number set like 3 or more articles from the website per day or 48hrs

That would help avoid issues/conflicts with members.

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/08 22:35:30 (permalink)
Over 3 days and still no communication from our community manager.

EddieH
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 2016
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/10 17:16:06 (permalink)
We are currently reviewing everyone's feedback at this time.  Also, please understand that I am around, but just like many of our Techs and employees, I have many other duties and tasks that also need my attention.  I appreciate the discussion and feedback from everyone. 
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/10 21:04:04 (permalink)
EVGATech_EddieH
We are currently reviewing everyone's feedback at this time.  Also, please understand that I am around, but just like many of our Techs and employees, I have many other duties and tasks that also need my attention.  I appreciate the discussion and feedback from everyone. 

Thanks Eddie for taking the time to reply, we don't mind waiting, long as we know were not being ignored.

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/12 07:01:50 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
atfrico

Nope, it isnt. It wouldnt be bad to post something that is helpful to the community either.

Do not worry about what i post, worry about yours. I am intelligent enough to know when/what to post. I dont ignore anyone who questions about what i post like you are doing right now. That is the fun of it, because 99% of the time, I teach people to be smarter on what to write/or engage in an argument with me.  I dont usually post anything helpful anymore due to the fact there is a favoritism among Mods/Members with the BR system. Unless of course you want me to be like Sayjin and start duplicating post with different writing and stack up the BRs easily.
post edited by atfrico - 2017/03/12 07:03:41

Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 25794
  • Ribbons : 110
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/12 07:12:08 (permalink)
atfrico
I dont usually post anything helpful anymore due to the fact there is a favoritism among Mods/Members with the BR system. Unless of course you want me to be like Sayjin and start duplicating post with different writing and stack up the BRs easily.

Hey now... We work hard at trying to find every post worthy of a BR. I even created a thread to help folks bring those we missed to our attention. It seems to come back to life from time to time. We cannot see everything but we do try. Unlike new release GPU's, we do have a stock pile of BR's 

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/12 07:21:29 (permalink)
Afterburner
atfrico
I dont usually post anything helpful anymore due to the fact there is a favoritism among Mods/Members with the BR system. Unless of course you want me to be like Sayjin and start duplicating post with different writing and stack up the BRs easily.

Hey now... We work hard at trying to find every post worthy of a BR. I even created a thread to help folks bring those we missed to our attention. It seems to come back to life from time to time. We cannot see everything but we do try. Unlike new release GPU's, we do have a stock pile of BR's 

AB?Who says you guys dont work hard?   I bet you do have that much BRs to give, but recently the forums have been like the pic below

do you get me compadre John Wick (kick ass movie) Avatar friend?

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102333
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/12 07:41:30 (permalink)
I have noticed one thing that stands out. The 1st thing is that very few people are complaining about this computer news section. The 2nd thing is that those few who are complaining don't contribute anything at all or very very little to the computer news section. So if you want to make a difference then contribute. If you're not contributing then you're not making a difference.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/12 07:48:44 (permalink)
rjohnson11
I have noticed one thing that stands out. The 1st thing is that very few people are complaining about this computer news section. The 2nd thing is that those few who are complaining don't contribute anything at all or very very little to the computer news section. So if you want to make a difference then contribute. If you're not contributing then you're not making a difference.

Agreed but it is a collaboration in both members and mods. If one fails, so is the other. 

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/12 13:23:30 (permalink)
rjohnson11

Where is the requirement that anyone that views that section must contribute?  A lot of members have given up on Computer Industry News because of the URL spam that's been going on for 5+ years in that section.  I don't see any requirements that says you must submit topics in Computer Industry News or you can't make a comment about it.  

How is posting 4-6 articles daily with just a url and generic comment doing anything to improve member involvement in the computer industry news. The only thing that's contributing to is the continued decline of members taking part in that section. What's it say when over 90% of the news articles posted, don't have two pages of member discussion.

The community is dying
Members don't find the news interesting
Amount of news topics is greater than the amount of member activity

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/12 13:37:07 (permalink)
Time to Vote on this Issue: Computer Industry News  Current Threads and How they are conducted.

Based between 1 and 10.
1 It Needs Fixing  .........  10 it is just fine the way it is.

My Vote is 9.

Nothing is perfect in this World.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102333
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/12 13:52:43 (permalink)
MSim
rjohnson11

Where is the requirement that anyone that views that section must contribute?  A lot of members have given up on Computer Industry News because of the URL spam that's been going on for 5+ years in that section.  I don't see any requirements that says you must submit topics in Computer Industry News or you can't make a comment about it.  

How is posting 4-6 articles daily with just a url and generic comment doing anything to improve member involvement in the computer industry news. The only thing that's contributing to is the continued decline of members taking part in that section. What's it say when over 90% of the news articles posted, don't have two pages of member discussion.

The community is dying

I disagree completely and you have misinterpreted what I said. I said those that complain aren't making a difference. What are you doing to help in the news section? What aren't you posting articles? Why aren't you taking a leadership role? Why don't you make a post in the news section that you believe can be better than what is there? All of the news articles currently posted meet the guidelines setup in that section.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/12 14:41:43 (permalink)

rjohnson11
MSim
rjohnson11

The community is dying

I disagree completely and you have misinterpreted what I said. I said those that complain aren't making a difference. What are you doing to help in the news section? What aren't you posting articles? Why aren't you taking a leadership role? Why don't you make a post in the news section that you believe can be better than what is there? All of the news articles currently posted meet the guidelines setup in that section.

My complaint has made a difference, we no longer have to see 30+ articles a week from techpowerup. Now if only evga would add other requirements to help promote a discussion (quote/snippet from the article).

We still have members posting "anything related to computer industry news" with a generic comment about the article. That some top quality news contributions let me tell ya, it's really increasing member activity in that section.

Who actually believes the current state of EVGA Computer Industry News section is good for the community or is improving member activity. That section is being flooded with more articles than members can keep up with. If we judge that section by member activity in it, i would say the community has spoken, they don't care for it.

NazcaC2
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 7420
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/12 14:55:16 (permalink)
I'm only responding to bcav: 10

Just remove the new Industry News posting rules and let people post the way they want. And, let's amend this to the EVGA Amendment, and use a wax seal to bind the agreement for 100 years. Brilliant!!!!!!!!!

Intel i9-12900K
ASUS Prime Z690-A
Corsair 850W RM850x
Windows 11 Professional
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB
Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5 5200MHz
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
4x Samsung 2TB 980 Pro SSD + 1x ADATA 512GB SU800
Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB SIGNATURE SERIES Mid-Tower - Neon Night
bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10337
  • Ribbons : 116
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/12 15:15:24 (permalink)
My vote in response to Bcav would be a 9.

I don't find it any different than say the 10 series GPU section as far as having to scroll or read through many threads a day to see all of them.  But the thing is, you don't have to look at all of them if you don't want to.  Read what you want, contribute where you want... 

clo007
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5274
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/12 18:43:35 (permalink)
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
bdary
I don't see the problem with the Computer Industry News section??  I go in there 1 or 2 times a day, scroll through the thread titles, and if I see any that peak my interest, I go check it out.  Sometimes I post a comment or opinion, sometimes not.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems fine to me.

He is just tired how most of that section has threads posted by the same person who uses the same website for 95% of his posted threads. Also he is tired how there is little effort being taken from said poster(s), to have a discussion in the thread by posting a measly small sentence or two that just comments with no endeavor. As he stated before its just upping said user's post count.

+1

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/12 19:20:50 (permalink)

@Bcav,

I say 9 also.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/23 02:27:37 (permalink)
Any update on this? 

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/31 02:43:12 (permalink)
5 weeks and counting but our community manager is still to busy to clarify the Computer Industry Requirements.

The purpose of this section is to inform and encourage discussion about news; not simply linking anything related to the computer industry. We encourage users to post whatever computer industry news they find interesting. However, do not chain post articles from the same website. Please try to diversify your sources.

First the requirements say "The purpose of this section is to inform and encourage discussion about news; not simply linking anything related to the computer industry."

Then it says "We encourage users to post whatever computer industry news they find interesting."  

Not simply linking anything related but we encourage users to post whatever news they find "interesting".  that requirement is confusing.  

The last part that needs updating is how many article is considered chain linking, that shouldn't be too hard to put in the requirements.  

It would be nice to see a requirement to post a quote from the article, in my opinion that does more to promote a discussion over someone posting original comment summarizing the article.  If any tech website is dumb enough to threaten evga or a member for posting a quote, simple solution would be to just blacklist that site for any news posting.  A tech website would have to be stupid to threaten a company that make hardware, one day they might want a free sample to write an article about.

NordicJedi
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 12570
  • Ribbons : 77
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/03/31 12:02:59 (permalink)
MSim
5 weeks and counting but our community manager is still to busy to clarify the Computer Industry Requirements.

The purpose of this section is to inform and encourage discussion about news; not simply linking anything related to the computer industry. We encourage users to post whatever computer industry news they find interesting. However, do not chain post articles from the same website. Please try to diversify your sources.

First the requirements say "The purpose of this section is to inform and encourage discussion about news; not simply linking anything related to the computer industry."

Then it says "We encourage users to post whatever computer industry news they find interesting."  

Not simply linking anything related but we encourage users to post whatever news they find "interesting".  that requirement is confusing.  

The last part that needs updating is how many article is considered chain linking, that shouldn't be too hard to put in the requirements.  

It would be nice to see a requirement to post a quote from the article, in my opinion that does more to promote a discussion over someone posting original comment summarizing the article.  If any tech website is dumb enough to threaten evga or a member for posting a quote, simple solution would be to just blacklist that site for any news posting.  A tech website would have to be stupid to threaten a company that make hardware, one day they might want a free sample to write an article about.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm not), but when you see sentences starting with "The purpose of this section" or "We encourage", those sentences are not stating rules.  They are merely informing the reader of the general goal and guidelines of whatever follows.  For example, the TOS describes that members should use language consistent with a "family-friendly" environment; "family-friendly" isn't really a direct rule, but it's there to give members an outline, a theme, to follow; more specific requirements follow thereafter.  There is only one "rule" in the first paragraph, and that is "[...] do not chain post articles from the same website."

In other words, we want members to post content that interests them, which is related to the computer/PC industry, but to also post it in a way that encourages discussion beyond saying "Hi, this seemed interesting: [LINK]."

The next three paragraphs contain rules.  The final paragraph contains guidelines.

If you are having difficulty understanding the difficulty between rules and guidelines, then I can understand your confusion and would be happy to explain the difference to you the next time there is confusion.

6012mhz on L/N2 
5321mhz on L/N2
5091mhz on air
The Lightsaber
The Emperor Reborn
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/01 07:57:44 (permalink)
NordicJedi

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm not), but when you see sentences starting with "The purpose of this section" or "We encourage", those sentences are not stating rules.  They are merely informing the reader of the general goal and guidelines of whatever follows.  For example, the TOS describes that members should use language consistent with a "family-friendly" environment; "family-friendly" isn't really a direct rule, but it's there to give members an outline, a theme, to follow; more specific requirements follow thereafter.  There is only one "rule" in the first paragraph, and that is "[...] do not chain post articles from the same website."

In other words, we want members to post content that interests them, which is related to the computer/PC industry, but to also post it in a way that encourages discussion beyond saying "Hi, this seemed interesting: [LINK]."

The next three paragraphs contain rules.  The final paragraph contains guidelines.

If you are having difficulty understanding the difficulty between rules and guidelines, then I can understand your confusion and would be happy to explain the difference to you the next time there is confusion.

So a member can post 6-8+ articles a day, long as they find them "interesting", that wouldn't fall  under "posting anything related to computer industry".  Just requiring one sentence summarizing the article, doesn't really do much to promote a discussion. 

Also why does it take our community manager almost a month to add how many articles from same website is considered chain linking. That should only take like 10 seconds of his time to update. That would help prevent members from being yelled.

boylerya
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1910
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/01 11:08:43 (permalink)
I give it a 2 or 3 in that the rules are acceptable but need to be explained and enforced better.

United We Stand...Six Feet Apart.
Beware Vitamin A Palmitate found in products such as 2%, 1% or Skim Milk: government research
Garlic is the Antichrist.
pcmaster00
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2752
  • Ribbons : 51
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/01 11:43:46 (permalink)
MSim
So a member can post 6-8+ articles a day, long as they find them "interesting", that wouldn't fall  under "posting anything related to computer industry".  Just requiring one sentence summarizing the article, doesn't really do much to promote a discussion. 

Also why does it take our community manager almost a month to add how many articles from same website is considered chain linking. That should only take like 10 seconds of his time to update. That would help prevent members from being yelled.

Crafting a policy in a public forum is not as simple as you think.  They need to maintain equilibrium and consider the whole community, not just your requests.  Also, the community managers have a ton on their plate with the 1080 Ti iCX cards now becoming available along with their regular duties.  As much as this may be a priority of yours, the forums don't make money for EVGA.  New products and their successful launch do.  As a moderator with a direct line to the community managers, I don't even rate medium, probably more like low, on their priority list.  Please be patient.  They will respond when they can.

EVGA!!! TAKE CARE OF MY MATES!!!!   Heatware
Antec Twelve Hundred, Corsair HX1000, GigaByte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, Intel i7 3770k, 2x EVGA GTX770 2770-KR,
16GB Corsair Vengance CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9, SSD: 1x OCZ Vertex 3 120GB, 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP,
All HDDs in trayless bays, 6x LG 24x DVD-RW drives, 3x Acer 22" V223W monitors

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/01 13:13:00 (permalink)
pcmaster00
MSim

Crafting a policy in a public forum is not as simple as you think.  They need to maintain equilibrium and consider the whole community, not just your requests.  Also, the community managers have a ton on their plate with the 1080 Ti iCX cards now becoming available along with their regular duties.  As much as this may be a priority of yours, the forums don't make money for EVGA.  New products and their successful launch do.  As a moderator with a direct line to the community managers, I don't even rate medium, probably more like low, on their priority list.  Please be patient.  They will respond when they can.

It's not an insurance policy being written, it's just an update to the current requirements for one section. That shouldn't take 5+ weeks, if the person evga made our community manager cares about fulfilling that rule. Ever since Shane left, the effort put into the community hasn't been the same at all. 

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/01 13:28:40 (permalink)
Is it Just Time to Close Down The General EVGA Forum and Delete the Computer Industry News Section and The General Discussion Sectionand Then Rename The EVGA Forum to the EVGA Support Forum.
At least this way the complaining and whining can stop and not more who is on First or who is Not and so on.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile