Call of Duty: Modern Warfare update adds crossbow, five new loadout slots

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102313
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2020/01/23 10:28:46 (permalink)
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/mustafa-mahmoud/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-update-adds-crossbow-five-new-loadout-slots/

When Call of Duty: Modern Warfare was announced, the game’s developer Infinity Ward promised that all future content updates including maps, weapons, and other gameplay-altering additions, would be provided to all for free. So far, the developer has kept true to this promise, with only cosmetic items being sold for real money. In the latest update to Modern Warfare, the game has received a new weapon, in the form of a crossbow; five additional loadout slots; and a plethora of other changes and additions.

The biggest addition with this update is the new crossbow. The weapon is available to all those who own Modern Warfare, however it still has to be unlocked through a series of challenges. The crossbow can only be obtained after the player gets 5 kills in 25 different matches, using a Marksman Rifle with a Reflex Optic. While not the hardest challenge, it certainly is time consuming. Fortunately, all players of Modern Warfare have an equal opportunity to obtain the weapon. 

The second major change is the inclusion of 5 additional loadout slots. Prior to the latest update, players were only given 5 loadout slots, meaning that they were limited in the number of premade loadouts that they could bring with them to a match. The doubling of the loadout slots to 10, while not game changing, is certainly a welcome quality-of-life improvement to the game. Other changes include the addition of Capture the Flag and Shoot the Ship playlists, alongside the return of Aniyah Palace. Krovnik Farmland meanwhile has been temporarily removed from the map rotation. Lastly, dozens of bug fixes and tweaks have been introduced in the latest update, making the game an overall smoother experience. The full patch notes can be found HERE.

Well it's good to see at least one gaming company keeping its promises. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

3 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare update adds crossbow, five new loadout slots 2020/01/23 10:38:56 (permalink)
    Glad that they are making everything free but having a challenge to unlock the crossbow will have a change as people rush to unlock it.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare update adds crossbow, five new loadout slots 2020/01/23 10:41:21 (permalink)
    THis is the *updated patch - because the original one caused a very serious deletion bug for many people....

https://gamerant.com/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-stat-reset-bug-glitch/

https://www.gfinityesports.com/article/2905/modern-warfare-new-patch-causes-stat-deletion-bug

https://www.vg247.com/2020/01/23/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-stat-deleting-bug-partially-fixed/

I'll just copy/paste what I put in another forum ...

Makes over 1 Billion dollars $$ and still can't afford to put a few people on Q/A ...?...

metro.co.uk/2019/12/19/modern-warfare-sales-pass-1-billion-biggest-call-duty-generation-11932040

This series has probably more money for this company over past 15 + years than any other- yet each version still is plagued by glitches/ hackers, bugs , camera issues, ...etc...etc... and the list goes on and on....
    Shamefull !!

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare update adds crossbow, five new loadout slots 2020/01/23 10:50:47 (permalink)
    nice way to keep the customer interested

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile