Author
Moabbas110
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/07/11 02:13:25 (permalink)
Hi all

I've just received my SC17 and I'm not happy at all

To start of with I'm having a hard time with the touchpad, every other time when I'm pushing the left or right button it's just not responding I have to click a few times for it to respond

Second problem I'm having is that the software I'm running is very very small
In some software I'm even unable to see some icons

Third problem I'm having is that the screen is blurry for a 4k it should be sharp and crisp

I'm just about to send the laptop back

Are any of these technical problems that can be resolved

1 Reply Related Threads

Loriilona
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Blurry screen & touchpad help 2018/07/11 08:33:45 (permalink)
    Hi, I have the same laptop. The very very small windows are the result of developers not taking care of their software to run in 4k screens at normal size (splash screens, interfaces...) and Microsoft only supplies a sort of patch intead of solving the problem properly....anyway, there is help: right click the program shortcut of the program in question, select "compatibility" tab,  select " change high dpi settings", then select "change the high dpi settings for this program"....then "high dpi scaling override" - check "override high scaling behaviour, scaling performed by" - here is a drop down menu and you choose between application, system or system (enhanced). Trial and error.  I had to do this with most every program I have on the computer.....and btw., Microsoft's own file explorer boxes have miniature icons and check boxes and I can't see any remedy for that other than wait for Microsoft to finally address this problem. Also: Go to system - display. "Scale and Layout", "Change the size of text, apps and other items"  for the resolution on this machine "250 percent (recommended"....I got my problems sorted (with one exception: a screen reccorder I bought won't function properly, even after all these settings changes...) Am happy now, but with a "normal" screen all these problems would not arise. Hope this helps as you make your decision. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile