EVGA

Helpful ReplyBetter Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card!

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 22
Author
EnigmicAzn
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 437
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 16:46:26 (permalink)
Im glad EVGA is listening to feedback and changed course with its recent update. You guys polled it and while it was a small subset, 63% wanted the queue to remain unchanged.

The new update from how I interpret it is, you're asking people to willingly remove all but 2 notifies and after the 11th, the system only counts the two oldest.

Feels like you're strong-arming people tbh. Its better than before but you guys should of left it alone as originally implemented and done this revision for future SKUs like if there is a super launch.

12G-P5-3968-KR 6/3/2021 7:57:11 AM PT Removed by user
12G-P5-3967-KR 6/3/2021 7:50:01 AM PT YES
the_oco
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 16:49:41 (permalink)
Aw heck I misclicked and nuked a notify for 10G-P5-3885-KL.  Careful clearing your lists yall it's a dangerous game :)
Charlesbarsh
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 16:51:36 (permalink)
Have SKU’s that I’ve been on the list for since 10/2020. Can’t even remove them when I click remove..
mm14thvt
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 16:54:43 (permalink)
I'm also unable to remove the 10G-P5-3888-KL from the notify list.
OneOfUsDied
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 16:55:56 (permalink)
I got this notification in March and didn't see it until June so I kinda was out of luck at that point
idundas
  • Total Posts : 38
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 17:08:12 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF
Everyone,
As we continue to monitor the queue to get cards to gamers sooner, we appreciate all the feedback to help us to improve the queue system.
EVGA appreciates your feedback to continue improving the queue system to deliver 30 Series cards into as many gamers hands as possible.
Thanks
EVGA

Awesome job EVGA!!! It is so great to see a company actually listen to its customers. I think it is a very good compromise, and we don't feel like we had our legs suddenly chopped off at the knees. The previous cards were for the kids, now I have to decide for my system, 3080Ti or 3090...

Lwclancers
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 17:11:57 (permalink)
Ya'll whining are so late....this was announced yesterday morning (or earlier) through multiple outlets
EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 17:12:24 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2021/10/05 19:46:34
hipstercat
Thank you for your response and yes but if only the two oldest entries are going to count going forward, we need to have better visibility into the probability of getting them to be able to make an informed decision.

For example, there is a big difference between "do not expect many" and "if at all". Some people might want to keep one of their two entries in the -KR queue if there is still some chance, otherwise it just does not make sense to waste the entry. Different -KR queues might have different chances too.

Please consider sharing some information to help us pick the entries to keep. It was not an issue before, but with the new rules it would be really helpful to have at least some insight on how realistic staying in a given -KR queue is if we are to pick only two entries.

Respectfully, we've pretty much already given this guidance.  Under most circumstances, we probably wouldn't say anything due to giving internal information.  Telling people which SKUs we will likely have available informs our competition, as well.  Also, up to a certain level, we cannot control what we chips we have available to make and other material shortages may force decisions about which products we make down the road.  I would suggest that any guidance we're giving here should be taken literally, and that if you choose a different part number or type of card, you do so with the understanding that we cannot guarantee that there will be more.

To reiterate the advice we've given publicly -

LHR vs. Non-LHR - With the exception of the GeForce RTX 3090 cards (which are non-LHR only), we do not expect to fill many orders for non-LHR cards at this point.  We cannot give much guidance past that.  I would only consider staying in a non-LHR (-KR) queue for the RTX 3080, 3070, 3060 Ti cards if you only want a card for mining and have no interest in a card for any other purpose. 

HYBRID, HYDRO COPPER, K|NGP|N - These are impacted queues.  If your goal at this point is to get at least one 30 Series card, I would choose at least one or both XC3 ULTRA GAMING OR FTW3 ULTRA GAMING card as one of your 2 notifications.  If your goal is to try to get two 30 Series cards, then I would suggest removing the HYBRID, HYDRO COPPER, and K|NGP|N cards from your notification list.  If you only want a HYBRID, HC, or KPE card, and you are willing to risk not getting a(nother) 30 Series card, then feel free to keep these cards in your notification queue.

XC3 GAMING, XC3 BLACK GAMING, FTW3 GAMING - Note the lack of ULTRA in these names.  Jacob noted that the XC3 ULTRA GAMING and FTW3 ULTRA GAMING cards are the ones that will have most availability.  Some of you have noticed in the queue summaries that some of these part numbers have moved very slowly since launch.  I would not expect them to suddenly surge forward at this point.  If you have the choice between XC3/XC3 BLACK and XC3 ULTRA, or FTW3 and FTW3 ULTRA, we strongly suggest you keep the ULTRA cards in your notification queue. 

I understand that everyone would love to have perfect knowledge when making their decisions here, but the subtext on these is pretty clear.  If the guidance was less black and white about what we think will be available, then we wouldn't offer it in the first place.
EVGA_Lee
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 17:14:16 (permalink)
celcius
EVGATech_LeeM
nexmoco
"Going forward, the queue system will only allow for two 30 Series notifies on the current lineup."

I have already received 2 cards from the "current line up" does this mean I'm screwed for getting my kingpin, or just limits me to 2 more cards. What about 20 series stock notifications, do those need to be removed?

You may purchase 2 more cards going forward.  It's irrelevant how many you've purchased before, unless you're trying to purchase the same part number again.  We still only allow one purchase per part number.

In February I bought a 3090 FTW3 Ultra and it was defective so I returned it. Later I regretted not just RMAing it so I emailed evga and they said I would have to rejoin the queue again, which I did.
Today I removed all my notifies EXCEPT for that card and one other. Will evga be able to see that I refunded the defective card and let me be notified, or have I wasted one of my 2 slots because I've already purchased it before? It says "No" under the "notify sent" column currently.

Shouldn't be an issue.  If you run into an issue down the road, just contact sales@evga.com.  There might be something on the backend we have to reset, but it would likely be an issue that arises during purchase.
celcius
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 226
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 17:15:32 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
celcius
EVGATech_LeeM
nexmoco
"Going forward, the queue system will only allow for two 30 Series notifies on the current lineup."

I have already received 2 cards from the "current line up" does this mean I'm screwed for getting my kingpin, or just limits me to 2 more cards. What about 20 series stock notifications, do those need to be removed?

You may purchase 2 more cards going forward.  It's irrelevant how many you've purchased before, unless you're trying to purchase the same part number again.  We still only allow one purchase per part number.

In February I bought a 3090 FTW3 Ultra and it was defective so I returned it. Later I regretted not just RMAing it so I emailed evga and they said I would have to rejoin the queue again, which I did.
Today I removed all my notifies EXCEPT for that card and one other. Will evga be able to see that I refunded the defective card and let me be notified, or have I wasted one of my 2 slots because I've already purchased it before? It says "No" under the "notify sent" column currently.

Shouldn't be an issue.  If you run into an issue down the road, just contact sales@evga.com.  There might be something on the backend we have to reset, but it would likely be an issue that arises during purchase.

Ok thanks!
EVGA_Lee
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 17:16:33 (permalink)
kram36
EVGATech_LeeM
hipstercat
@Jacob Clarification question on this:
  • On October 11th, 2021, the system will only lookup and send notifies based on your two oldest entries.
If the two oldest entries happen to be something like 10G-P5-3897-KR (FT3 ULTRA that you guys encourage to keep but it does not seem to even have a product page anymore, yet it is still a notify entry nevertheless), does that mean that you are effectively excluded from the new system starting on October 11?

I am sure some people are keeping these is hope to get one of these original SKUs, is there any way EVGA team could let us know or just remove the notifies for products that will 100% no longer be available? No point to keep those notifies and give people false hope, right?

We've previously given people notification that we moved many -KR part numbers over to the LHR version (-KL), and if you wanted to stay in the -KR queue you needed to actively choose to be moved back into the -KR queue.  In this notification, we made it very clear that we do not expect many, if at all, non-LHR cards to be available going forward. 

If you didn't get a notification and you are absolutely sure that you did not choose to go back into the -KR queue, then please send an email to sales@evga.com to review.

So what about this card RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA HYDRO COPPER GAMING, 10G-P5-3889-KR? EVGA reopened the queue for this card and it hasn't hardly moved, not even 1 min from the reopen time. I'm in the process of removing cards and this is currently the 2nd oldest I'm still queued for. Is this card ever going to drop again?

10G-P5-3889-KR 6/23/2021 6:00:54 AM PT No

I can't give you 100% certainty that we will never have this again.  However, I would expect that if we make more HC cards that it would be a -KL version.
vergil7
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 17:17:19 (permalink)
can't remove notify, webpage is trying to refresh but nothing happens.
EVGA_Lee
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 17:18:04 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2021/10/05 19:47:40
DarkRayne
I am not looking forward to trying to guess which cards might ever actually ship.

On a related note, since it sounds like "hydro copper 3080 (non kingpin non ti) will never ship" when I read between the lines, can we expect to see the waterblocks sold directly?

No, since the waterblocks will only work on the HC card PCBs.  The HC cards have a different capacitor layout to accommodate the waterblocks.  Installing an HC block on a regular 30 Series card would likely cause physical damage.
kingofwatermelons
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 17:18:13 (permalink)
I never realized I could request a notification for multiple cards and only ever requested one for a FTW3 GAMING -non Ultra-. Am I just out of luck at this point?
kram36
The Destroyer
  • Total Posts : 21477
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 17:31:49 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
kram36
EVGATech_LeeM
hipstercat
@Jacob Clarification question on this:
  • On October 11th, 2021, the system will only lookup and send notifies based on your two oldest entries.
If the two oldest entries happen to be something like 10G-P5-3897-KR (FT3 ULTRA that you guys encourage to keep but it does not seem to even have a product page anymore, yet it is still a notify entry nevertheless), does that mean that you are effectively excluded from the new system starting on October 11?

I am sure some people are keeping these is hope to get one of these original SKUs, is there any way EVGA team could let us know or just remove the notifies for products that will 100% no longer be available? No point to keep those notifies and give people false hope, right?

We've previously given people notification that we moved many -KR part numbers over to the LHR version (-KL), and if you wanted to stay in the -KR queue you needed to actively choose to be moved back into the -KR queue.  In this notification, we made it very clear that we do not expect many, if at all, non-LHR cards to be available going forward. 

If you didn't get a notification and you are absolutely sure that you did not choose to go back into the -KR queue, then please send an email to sales@evga.com to review.

So what about this card RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA HYDRO COPPER GAMING, 10G-P5-3889-KR? EVGA reopened the queue for this card and it hasn't hardly moved, not even 1 min from the reopen time. I'm in the process of removing cards and this is currently the 2nd oldest I'm still queued for. Is this card ever going to drop again?

10G-P5-3889-KR 6/23/2021 6:00:54 AM PT No

I can't give you 100% certainty that we will never have this again.  However, I would expect that if we make more HC cards that it would be a -KL version.

Eh, EVGA doesn't offer a -KL version of this card.

https://www.evga.com/products/ProductList.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce+30+Series+Family&chipset=RTX+3080
jaredbyoung
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 465
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 17:33:24 (permalink)
kingofwatermelons
I never realized I could request a notification for multiple cards and only ever requested one for a FTW3 GAMING -non Ultra-. Am I just out of luck at this point?

Short answer, Yes.
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10101
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 17:33:33 (permalink)
Thanks for the update and trying to help get the queue down as quickly as possible.

Would it be possible that on checkout any 30 series card the user would be removed from any queues for a 30 series that they are a part of? I would feel that would help other people get a card over someone possibly getting two different models before someone is able to get one. I wouldn't mind if someone was able to join the queue again at the bottom of the list after the order is placed for the other model. I don't think most people really would need both in most cases. Or at least have a checkbox that they have to check to remain in the queue for the other option they had as I am sure a lot of people joined multiple queues and only planned to buy one card.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

EVGA_Lee
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 17:38:56 (permalink)
kram36

https://www.evga.com/products/ProductList.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce+30+Series+Family&chipset=RTX+3080

Then this would be my advice.  It's very unlikely you'll see more -KR cards of any type, including HC cards.  If you are willing to give up a notification option for a possibility that we will make a -KL HC card down the road, then we would switch people still in the -KR queue over to that one.  However, I can't guarantee that we will have more HC cards.  And therein lies the rub.

The far better option would be to use a notify on an ULTRA card and purchase a third-party block for it.  That would generally give you a much better chance for success. 

I hope that can be of some use to you.
Ravenmaster
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 743
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 17:41:40 (permalink)
Lol all the 'Notify' buttons have been removed from the EVGA Europe website for 30 series GPUs. Business as usual for our part of the world I guess...
post edited by Ravenmaster - 2021/10/05 17:44:38

Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero | Intel Core i9-14900KF | RTX 4090 FE | 2x32GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5 RAM (7200mhz) | 2x Samsung 990 Pro 4TB M.2 NVMe's for main OS and backup) | Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 23H2 |Klipsch 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos speakers + Denon AVR-X2800H Receiver | LG 42" C2 OLED | EVGA ASSOCIATE CODE: JRKV0L1B1GY3ADW

EVGA_Lee
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 17:42:08 (permalink)
Hoggle
Thanks for the update and trying to help get the queue down as quickly as possible.

Would it be possible that on checkout any 30 series card the user would be removed from any queues for a 30 series that they are a part of? I would feel that would help other people get a card over someone possibly getting two different models before someone is able to get one. I wouldn't mind if someone was able to join the queue again at the bottom of the list after the order is placed for the other model. I don't think most people really would need both in most cases. Or at least have a checkbox that they have to check to remain in the queue for the other option they had as I am sure a lot of people joined multiple queues and only planned to buy one card.

Honestly, I feel that would cause more trouble than it's worth.  Most people would still rather keep their second option open for a card, and most of the people would accidentally remove themselves from the queue by accident by clicking the wrong thing or not reading.  That just creates more support requests for us.
yenzidbr
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 17:45:36 (permalink)
In an effort to follow the instructions, I was trimming my list down to (2) desired video cards--but I misread the model numbers and removed the wrong one! Is there a way to reverse this?

~Thanks!
kram36
The Destroyer
  • Total Posts : 21477
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 17:52:56 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
kram36

Then this would be my advice.  It's very unlikely you'll see more -KR cards of any type, including HC cards.  If you are willing to give up a notification option for a possibility that we will make a -KL HC card down the road, then we would switch people still in the -KR queue over to that one.  However, I can't guarantee that we will have more HC cards.  And therein lies the rub.

The far better option would be to use a notify on an ULTRA card and purchase a third-party block for it.  That would generally give you a much better chance for success. 

I hope that can be of some use to you.

Understood, thank you.
MootedOut
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 17:55:06 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
hipstercat
Thank you for your response and yes but if only the two oldest entries are going to count going forward, we need to have better visibility into the probability of getting them to be able to make an informed decision.

For example, there is a big difference between "do not expect many" and "if at all". Some people might want to keep one of their two entries in the -KR queue if there is still some chance, otherwise it just does not make sense to waste the entry. Different -KR queues might have different chances too.

Please consider sharing some information to help us pick the entries to keep. It was not an issue before, but with the new rules it would be really helpful to have at least some insight on how realistic staying in a given -KR queue is if we are to pick only two entries.

Respectfully, we've pretty much already given this guidance.  Under most circumstances, we probably wouldn't say anything due to giving internal information.  Telling people which SKUs we will likely have available informs our competition, as well.  Also, up to a certain level, we cannot control what we chips we have available to make and other material shortages may force decisions about which products we make down the road.  I would suggest that any guidance we're giving here should be taken literally, and that if you choose a different part number or type of card, you do so with the understanding that we cannot guarantee that there will be more.

LHR vs. Non-LHR - With the exception of the GeForce RTX 3090 cards (which are non-LHR only), we do not expect to fill many orders for non-LHR cards at this point.  We cannot give much guidance past that.  I would only consider staying in a non-LHR (-KR) queue for the RTX 3080, 3070, 3060 Ti cards if you only want a card for mining and have no interest in a card for any other purpose. 

HYBRID, HYDRO COPPER, K|NGP|N - These are impacted queues.  If your goal at this point is to get at least one 30 Series card, I would choose at least one or both XC3 ULTRA GAMING OR FTW3 ULTRA GAMING card as one of your 2 notifications.  If your goal is to try to get two 30 Series cards, then I would suggest removing the HYBRID, HYDRO COPPER, and K|NGP|N cards from your notification list.  If you only want a HYBRID, HC, or KPE card, and you are willing to risk not getting a(nother) 30 Series card, then feel free to keep these cards in your notification queue.

XC3 GAMING, XC3 BLACK GAMING, FTW3 GAMING - Note the lack of ULTRA in these names.  Jacob noted that the XC3 ULTRA GAMING and FTW3 ULTRA GAMING cards are the ones that will have most availability.  Some of you have noticed in the queue summaries that some of these part numbers have moved very slowly since launch.  I would not expect them to suddenly surge forward at this point.  If you have the choice between XC3/XC3 BLACK and XC3 ULTRA, or FTW3 and FTW3 ULTRA, we strongly suggest you keep the ULTRA cards in your notification queue. 

I understand that everyone would love to have perfect knowledge when making their decisions here, but the subtext on these is pretty clear.  If the guidance was less black and white about what we think will be available, then we wouldn't offer it in the first place.

Thank you for the really good clarification. I was curious about the best way to clear up my list.

post edited by MootedOut - 2021/10/05 17:57:48
hipstercat
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 18:02:02 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
hipstercat

This is very helpful, thank you for your understanding and for this guidance, it really sheds some light and helps make the decisions!

Also huge thanks to team EVGA for doing this, you are pretty much the only manufacturer that cares and helps people get the cards while the others just feed the bots through the major online retailers. It is really appreciated!
AmaranthChain
  • Total Posts : 27
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 18:06:07 (permalink)
What happens if we missed a notification and signed up again?
I signed-up on 12/17/2020 but missed a notification for a 3090 KingPin because I was offline for a chunk of a week and then signed up again on 3/10/2021.
Will that missed chance hurt my chances of getting a card?
kevinc313
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5004
  • Ribbons : 22
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 18:13:30 (permalink)
Lwclancers
Ya'll whining are so late....this was announced yesterday morning (or earlier) through multiple outlets

It has been changed as of a few hours ago, it is now different than the announcement yesterday.
EVGA_Lee
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 18:13:46 (permalink)
AmaranthChain
What happens if we missed a notification and signed up again?
I signed-up on 12/17/2020 but missed a notification for a 3090 KingPin because I was offline for a chunk of a week and then signed up again on 3/10/2021.
Will that missed chance hurt my chances of getting a card?

No.  Since you signed up again, that is your current date.  I would just do your best not to miss the next notification if you can.  Can't help with the offline part, but maybe you could setup a forwarding message to another person to keep an eye on that for you.
EVGA_Lee
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 18:29:05 (permalink)
For those of you that were having trouble removing notifications, could you please try again?  We fixed some stuff.
jmb414
  • Total Posts : 68
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 18:31:39 (permalink)
i just removed my auto notify for 10G-P5-3895-KR based on the queue summary and notes that the ULTRA models are the ones we should be going for, but now i can't add another GPU SKU to my list. am i doing something wrong here? did i just cut my chances in half?
nomoss
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1559
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Better Queue System, More Gamers to Get a Card! 2021/10/05 18:39:38 (permalink)
Thank you for the updates Lee.  That advice is very helpful.

Associates code:  9OYA1P1FRHQ3SGN
Imgur    modsrigs:  Chemical X   RedWing   Utonium   TY for the +1s! 

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 22
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile