Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102315
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2017/06/04 02:33:48 (permalink)
Another terror attack in the UK, 7 dead, 48 injured. The attackers killed by police:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40148737

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

39 Replies Related Threads

Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10257
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/04 03:22:20 (permalink)
    Nooo, Noooo....
    I can't stand any more to read about news of dying people and normal part of civilization on planet from hands of savages who believe in sick things.
    I hate how Europe behave, only repeat same thing, We are sorry, They will not destroy our lives, War against terrorism will continue.
    People die in their hometowns from hands of idiots who live 10.000 miles away

Special punishment must be found for terrorism...

I don't know how parents tolerate this any more to happen to their kids...

post edited by rjohnson11 - 2017/06/04 06:08:51

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
    http://www.evga.com
    http://www.intel.com
    http://www.nvidia.com
    https://watercool.de
    http://www.lian-li.com
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
    https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/04 06:09:54 (permalink)
    Remember when posting you cannot include references to politics as that is not allowed in the forums.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18926
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/04 09:30:59 (permalink)

This increasing regularity of attacks is something the US has to look forward to if we don't get serious about it and stop shooting ourselves in the foot with political correctness and total disregard of common sense. Unfortunately it's probably going to take some serious attacks in the US before that happens. 

I have no room to attempt empathy or 'understanding' for that which is clearly evil. With evil like this, if you put out your hand in peace, you will lose your hand, period. Eradication of the evil is the only answer.

AND WHEN I SAY EVIL, I AM REFERRING TO EXTREMIST ISLAM, NOT ALL FOLLOWERS OF ISLAM. APPARENTLY I NEED TO SPELL THAT OUT...

post edited by Nereus - 2017/06/04 14:37:35

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Randolla
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1873
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/04 09:57:35 (permalink)
    This is why I concealed carry whenever I step out of my house.

Intel 5930K@ 4.3 Ghz
    ASUS Rampage 5 Extreme Motherboard 
    EVGA GeForce 1080Ti SC
    Case Labs Merlin Full Tower case 
    NZXT Kraken X61 Liquid CPU cooler
    32 Gbs G.Skill Ripjaws 4 DDR4 2666
    EVGA  Supernova P1200 PSU
    Acer Predator X34 Monitor
    Samsung 512 Gb XP941 M2 SSD

HT Omega eClaro Soundcard[
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/04 10:14:08 (permalink)

Speaking of sickening political correctness, I see CNN appears to be expressing dismay that London police fired 50 rounds to take out 3 terrorists, and CNN is also bemoaning the fact the a certain President criticized the Mayor of London for saying "no reason to be alarmed". There is every reason to be alarmed, and to stand up and do something about it!

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9430
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/04 12:09:24 (permalink)
    This is why, for the most part, we need to be Open-Carry as a World Wide. Where stupid willl get ur azz knocked off....
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/04 12:11:34 (permalink)
    knightsilver
    This is why, for the most part, we need to be Open-Carry as a World Wide. Where stupid willl get ur azz knocked off....

That will not solve radical Muslim insurgency.

bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 11105
    • Ribbons : 65
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/04 13:33:58 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    knightsilver

It may not solve it, but it may limit the carnage.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

gipothegip
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 184
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/04 14:04:31 (permalink)
    Nereus

This increasing regularity of attacks is something the US has to look forward to if we don't get serious about it and stop shooting ourselves in the foot with political correctness and total disregard of common sense. Unfortunately it's probably going to take some serious attacks in the US before that happens. 

I have no room to attempt empathy or 'understanding' for that which is clearly evil. With evil like this, if you put out your hand in peace, you will lose your hand, period. Eradication of the evil is the only answer.

Not sure what you mean here. Obviously there will not be peace with ISIS, or any other extremist groups.

There are innocent people in Islam though, and you shouldn't consider every Muslim your enemy. To do so is to support this stupid Jihad ISIS and their ilk have going on. I would hope that's not what you're insinuating.

I feel I have to mention that because of the stabbings that happened. Two of the victims were veterans, murdered for standing up for a Muslim woman being harassed for her faith. Some people would think that's acceptable.

I'm just concerned people don't understand what evil is, they just antagonize exogenous groups and follow dogma. This is precisely what ISIS does, and they use it as a justification for murder, for which there is none. More a problem with people, I guess, because people seem to show no morality, they just follow dogma and dehumanize outsiders and anyone who does not subscribe, while clawing away like crabs in a barrel to obtain wealth and a false sense of security.

Sorry if I misinterpreted what you posted and came off as misanthropic (guess I kind of am, but it's really society and it's systems I hate more so than people), but some people take it too far and become the evil they are trying to fight, and it's concerning. In any case, it would be wise to not act as ISIS does; be the bigger man, exhibit the morality they do not.

gipothegip
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/04 14:06:25 (permalink)
    bill1024
    rjohnson11
    knightsilver

It may not solve it, but it may limit the carnage.

Indeed, personally, I feel the average person has a right to defend themselves. Having a gun helps get some leverage, especially considering most criminals do not legally obtain guns, or give a hoot about gun restrictions (they'll have them anyway).

It wouldn't solve all the problems though, a gun won't stop a bombing. It could stop an assault, shooting, etc.
    post edited by gipothegip - 2017/06/04 14:08:23

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/04 14:35:32 (permalink)
    gipothegip
    Nereus

Not sure what you mean here. Obviously there will not be peace with ISIS, or any other extremist groups.

There are innocent people in Islam though, and you shouldn't consider every Muslim your enemy. To do so is to support this stupid Jihad ISIS and their ilk have going on. I would hope that's not what you're insinuating.

I feel I have to mention that because of the stabbings that happened. Two of the victims were veterans, murdered for standing up for a Muslim woman being harassed for her faith. Some people would think that's acceptable.

I'm just concerned people don't understand what evil is, they just antagonize exogenous groups and follow dogma. This is precisely what ISIS does, and they use it as a justification for murder, for which there is none. More a problem with people, I guess, because people seem to show no morality, they just follow dogma and dehumanize outsiders and anyone who does not subscribe, while clawing away like crabs in a barrel to obtain wealth and a false sense of security.

Sorry if I misinterpreted what you posted and came off as misanthropic (guess I kind of am, but it's really society and it's systems I hate more so than people), but some people take it too far and become the evil they are trying to fight, and it's concerning. In any case, it would be wise to not act as ISIS does; be the bigger man, exhibit the morality they do not.

I relied on common sense that it would be clear I was referring to extremist Islam, not ALL Islam followers - rallying against ALL Muslims would just be ignorant. Unfortunately everything has to be spelled out these days. I will edit my previous posts to make that clarification.

While for a long time I agreed with your moralistic approach not to fight violence with violence, over time I have come to the realization that there is no reasoning with extremists - it has about as much use as trying to calmly reason with a rabid dog as it rips your face off. It's not about being the "bigger man" at all (I find that insulting actually), it is about survival. Failure to act is just another weakness that will be exploited by extremists.

gipothegip
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/04 14:55:27 (permalink)
    Nereus
    gipothegip
    Nereus

I relied on common sense that it would be clear I was referring to extremist Islam, not ALL Islam followers - rallying against ALL Muslims would just be ignorant. Unfortunately everything has to be spelled out these days. I will edit my previous posts to make that clarification.

While for a long time I agreed with your moralistic approach not to fight violence with violence, over time I have come to the realization that there is no reasoning with extremists - it has about as much use as trying to calmly reason with a rabid dog as it rips your face off. It's not about being the "bigger man" at all (I find that insulting actually), it is about survival. Failure to act is just another weakness that will be exploited by extremists.

By all means, be prepared and ready to defend yourself, and we will have to do / should have already done something about this.

I just wasn't sure what you meant, and I don't think it's best to fight fire with fire.
    post edited by gipothegip - 2017/06/04 14:56:37

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/04 21:31:04 (permalink)
    The UK has lost it's mind thinking censoring the internet would do anything to stop attacks like this from happening. They don't need the internet to pull off attacks like this. 

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/04 21:52:58 (permalink)
    MSim
    The UK has lost it's mind thinking censoring the internet would do anything to stop attacks like this from happening. They don't need the internet to pull off attacks like this. 

Yeah that comment from the Brit Prime Minister just shows a major lack of understanding.

They've left it late to start being more proactive against terrorism, the UK is teeming with potential extremists, going to be a hard road ahead. You'd think they'd learn after the years with the IRA..

post edited by Nereus - 2017/06/04 22:44:27

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/04 22:26:04 (permalink)
    While tragic I think terrorist attacks are something people lose sight on and freak out about more then they should. The average weekly shootings in Chicago left twice as many dead and wounded as in this London attack but nobody really raises an alarm over the violence and it only really gets covered on the local news. Again not trying to say it's not a tragic event but when you consider the numbers it kind of changes things since most people would feel safe walking down the street in Chicago.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/04 22:34:57 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    While tragic I think terrorist attacks are something people lose sight on and freak out about more then they should. The average weekly shootings in Chicago left twice as many dead and wounded as in this London attack but nobody really raises an alarm over the violence and it only really gets covered on the local news. Again not trying to say it's not a tragic event but when you consider the numbers it kind of changes things since most people would feel safe walking down the street in Chicago.

There is a huge difference, not even close. The people in Chicago are criminals killing criminals to gain turf in their drug, and gang wars.
    The other is a cult trying to take over the word is the end game. A world where we all believe as they do. Killing hundred thousand innocent people every year.
    We have to convert to their cult, pay a tax and live in service to them, or die. 
    They want a world wide caliphate, they will not stop until they are defeated or they have success in defending it.
    They do have their caliphate but it is being destroyed and their territory is being taken away.
    This mess will not be over for another couple hundred years, if ever. 

JalenJade
    • Total Posts : 27
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/04 23:51:49 (permalink)
    Or we could just stop all men since all terrorists are men.

Actually that sounds like a plan, men are banned from leaving the house, from owning weapons or the components to make a weapon. Problems solved.
    post edited by rjohnson11 - 2017/06/05 00:25:35
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/05 00:26:49 (permalink)
    JalenJade
    Or we could just stop all men since all terrorists are men.

Actually that sounds like a plan, men are banned from leaving the house, from owning weapons or the components to make a weapon. Problems solved.

Actually that is not true there have been several women suicide bombers as well

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/05 00:32:06 (permalink)
    bill1024
    Hoggle

There is a huge difference, not even close. The people in Chicago are criminals killing criminals to gain turf in their drug, and gang wars.
    The other is a cult trying to take over the word is the end game. A world where we all believe as they do. Killing hundred thousand innocent people every year.
    We have to convert to their cult, pay a tax and live in service to them, or die. 
    They want a world wide caliphate, they will not stop until they are defeated or they have success in defending it.
    They do have their caliphate but it is being destroyed and their territory is being taken away.
    This mess will not be over for another couple hundred years, if ever. 

Isn't a gang just a group of domestic terrorists? When a kid can't ride a bike down the street in an American city without being afraid of getting shot it sounds like it to me. That is all I am really trying to say. It's important we fight terrorists but we need to realize the goal is to make sure people live the American dream and not find it a nightmare.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

JalenJade
    • Total Posts : 27
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/05 00:35:02 (permalink)
    rjohnson11

In the US? Because I'm unable to find any US statistics that even classifies the gender of terrorists.
    quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7191
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/05 16:45:23 (permalink)
    JalenJade
    rjohnson11

In the US? Because I'm unable to find any US statistics that even classifies the gender of terrorists.

does it really matter what gender they are? until the religion it's self as a whole decries these acts and people stop trying to appease them it will continue. i hear comparisons of the Christians that did horrid things long ago but it changed when the people as a whole said enough.  

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
    knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9430
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/05 18:42:32 (permalink)
    Bill, it doent matter who, what, when, color, why, stupid is still stupid, putting any other label on stupid is just stupid and gives it more power....
    bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/05 20:04:34 (permalink)
    JalenJade
    rjohnson11

There was a man and his wife last year in ca. that shot up a government Christmas party.
    He worked there and it was his wife that pushed him over the edge to do it.

bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/05 20:06:20 (permalink)
    knightsilver
    Bill, it doent matter who, what, when, color, why, stupid is still stupid, putting any other label on stupid is just stupid and gives it more power....

I would not call it stupid or the people doing it stupid.
    Evil is the word I would call them.
    They have no power over me or anyone else. Evil will lose in the end.

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/05 20:11:54 (permalink)
    bill1024
    JalenJade
    rjohnson11

There was a man and his wife last year in ca. that shot up a government Christmas party.
    He worked there and it was his wife that pushed him over the edge to do it.

Some use their own children as suicide bombers. That is the most utterly despicable, evil, soulless act I could ever imagine. Satan himself would be hard pressed to beat that. As a parent, it physically sickens me. People like this do not deserve the gift of life.

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4805
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/05 22:35:14 (permalink)
    Hoggle

I have to agree with you here.

Also the last four words in that quote is the end goal out of all of these terrorist attacks.

panzlock
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1736
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/12 10:04:19 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    Remember when posting you cannot include references to politics as that is not allowed in the forums.

Garbage like this is why nothing will ever be solved. If we can't even talk about it, reference it and provide the necessary, universal exposure.

Liberals will win and we will find ourselves in a deluge of rubbish we have never seen before.
    quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7191
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/12 11:22:13 (permalink)
    panzlock
    rjohnson11

Garbage like this is why nothing will ever be solved. If we can't even talk about it, reference it and provide the necessary, universal exposure.

Liberals will win and we will find ourselves in a deluge of rubbish we have never seen before.

i can understand evga's stance, this is a hardware computer forum with customers from all types of different geo-political backgrounds, feelings get hurt, things get said and everyone blames evga and takes their business elsewhere, thats just not fair to evga so the rule was made way back when this forum first started.  

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
    panzlock
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1736
    Re: Another terror attack in London last night 2017/06/12 12:16:20 (permalink)
    quadlatte
    i can understand evga's stance, this is a hardware computer forum with customers from all types of different geo-political backgrounds, feelings get hurt, things get said and everyone blames evga and takes their business elsewhere, thats just not fair to evga so the rule was made way back when this forum first started.  

It's hard to agree with you on that point because most, if not all websites/forums prohibit discussions of this nature. The reason? They don't want to be held accountable for things that are said when the discussion turns sour or impassioned.

That is also the reason forums exercise moderation. Moderators personify the authority that keeps the peace. When someone resorts to blatant name calling which clearly has no merit, they can have a 2 week or month long vacation. When someone acts like a belligerent child in general they can have a 2 week, etc...

My point is that outright censorship is not a good idea regardless of venue and primary subject matter. Hence the reason we have a general discussion section. In addition there are better ways of controlling discussions and the infectious slander that evolves from certain, sensitive deliberations. Talking about an event but not being able to debate/identify the reasons for it, is rather ineffective as a problem solving stratagem.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile