EVGA

Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon

Page: << < ..3132333435.. > >> Showing page 31 of 43
Author
skooby288
  • Total Posts : 52
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/30 05:05:24 (permalink)
NA087
T_T my bank blocked my transaction when I tired to order it and by the time i cleared up with the bank FTW3 was sold out. I HATE BANKS. >.< spending money on my first graphics card where I used that credit card was "suspicious." I will show you suspicious  

#IhateBanks
#IHateMyBank
#HashtagWhyIHateBanks

Something similar like this happened to me bank blocked it I complained and had £50 compensation I'm in uk but prob be the same with all banks just complain try it.
Deekay64
  • Total Posts : 35
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/30 05:27:46 (permalink)
All this talk about people missing the pre order. I should've bought 2 so someone could have bought one from me. I would've just charged shipping+20 not the 300 like some of these jack wagons.
sHans3n
  • Total Posts : 31
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/30 08:20:00 (permalink)

GG. got the email at 6:43 pm on the 29th. 
post edited by sHans3n - 2017/03/30 12:09:05

:D
InfusionOfFear
  • Total Posts : 51
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/30 12:01:51 (permalink)
Here is an idea, actually use the notify option successfully. Send out a auto notify 2 hours before the actual start time. Sending out a Auto notify right at the time of releasing them is pointless, since some mail servers won't get the emails as fast as others. 
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/30 12:24:02 (permalink)
InfusionOfFear
Here is an idea, actually use the notify option successfully. Send out a auto notify 2 hours before the actual start time. Sending out a Auto notify right at the time of releasing them is pointless, since some mail servers won't get the emails as fast as others. 

Maybe signup using a mail server that isnt delayed.

Also, you are in a notification queue, you get the email in the order you sign up. Not what everyone wants to hear.

As stated, follow EVGA_JacobF on twitter, since he tweets as soon as products are available.

Posting availability before availability will only cause more problems, as people would just lurk and crash the site smashing f5 for 2 hours.
InfusionOfFear
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/30 13:20:44 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
InfusionOfFear

Also, you are in a notification queue, you get the email in the order you sign up. Not what everyone wants to hear.

As stated, follow EVGA_JacobF on twitter, since he tweets as soon as products are available.

Posting availability before availability will only cause more problems, as people would just lurk and crash the site smashing f5 for 2 hours.

That's fine with me, everyone should have a fair chance. I do not see any "Notices" for "Notify" option saying it is first come first serve. Terrible system. Your sentence "Maybe signup using a mail server that isnt delayed." contradicts your other one "Also, you are in a notification queue, you get the email in the order you sign up. Not what everyone wants to hear.". 

Stop being a fan boy. 

Edit: Ahh i see mod.... makes sense now. 
mountedofficer
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/30 13:32:37 (permalink)
The notification system they are using is BS. As soon as I got the email and clicked the link there was no option to purchase. They need a fair system.
Deekay64
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/30 14:07:47 (permalink)
Calm down children. I was late for the sign up like you. But guess what I watched the forums, and streams to figure out when release was. You obviously didnt want it that bad if you couldn't do enough research to when it was coming out. It was blatantly obvious especially in the forums. Stop bashing evga if you don't like the way they do stuff buy another product, but those of us that are happy with how they do things for the most part will keep the money in their pockets to keep getting these incredible products produced by them with their far Superior customer service.
InfusionOfFear
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/30 14:36:58 (permalink)
Deekay64
Calm down children. I was late for the sign up like you. But guess what I watched the forums, and streams to figure out when release was. You obviously didnt want it that bad if you couldn't do enough research to when it was coming out. It was blatantly obvious especially in the forums. Stop bashing evga if you don't like the way they do stuff buy another product, but those of us that are happy with how they do things for the most part will keep the money in their pockets to keep getting these incredible products produced by them with their far Superior customer service.

Lol. We are simple stating the obvious. Do not offer a notify system if it is garbage and no information around how it actually works. Some of us "Children" work and cannot be in front of a web browser waiting to pre-order a product. 

Edit: I will buy whatever product comes out first with 3 fans and is OCed. Seems the obvious thing to do. 
post edited by InfusionOfFear - 2017/03/30 14:40:17
Deekay64
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/30 15:17:12 (permalink)
I was running a new electrical line to a home and just kept refreshing my phone it's not hard to do.
RexManning
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/30 15:42:17 (permalink)
InfusionOfFear
That's fine with me, everyone should have a fair chance. I do not see any "Notices" for "Notify" option saying it is first come first serve. Terrible system. Your sentence "Maybe signup using a mail server that isnt delayed." contradicts your other one "Also, you are in a notification queue, you get the email in the order you sign up. Not what everyone wants to hear.". 

Stop being a fan boy. 

Nah, not really.  Then you would just be complaining that their site can't handle the traffic.  If they implement a lottery people will complain it's unfair.  If they implement a load balancer so that everyone over 200 connections at a time get dropped then people would complain THAT is unfair.  If they remove auto-notify then someone would be screaming about that.

Simple truth is that in this day and age if someone doesn't get exactly what they want when they want it then it's an outrage and everyone but them is to blame for it and they demand it be done exactly the way they see fit.

Its ridiculous to assume that any one person's solution is going to be acceptable for the entire internet.  You really only have two choices, you can understand the environment in which you're placed and determine what YOU need to do to succeed in that environment, or simply choose to not be part of that environment.  Expecting the world to change to suit one's personal idea of propriety, however common in the Age of Social Media, is as fallible a notion as ever.
post edited by RexManning - 2017/03/30 16:11:17
InfusionOfFear
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/30 17:01:44 (permalink)
RexManning
InfusionOfFear

Stop being a fan boy. 

Nah, not really.  Then you would just be complaining that their site can't handle the traffic.  If they implement a lottery people will complain it's unfair.  If they implement a load balancer so that everyone over 200 connections at a time get dropped then people would complain THAT is unfair.  If they remove auto-notify then someone would be screaming about that.

Simple truth is that in this day and age if someone doesn't get exactly what they want when they want it then it's an outrage and everyone but them is to blame for it and they demand it be done exactly the way they see fit.

Its ridiculous to assume that any one person's solution is going to be acceptable for the entire internet.  You really only have two choices, you can understand the environment in which you're placed and determine what YOU need to do to succeed in that environment, or simply choose to not be part of that environment.  Expecting the world to change to suit one's personal idea of propriety, however common in the Age of Social Media, is as fallible a notion as ever.

Very true!

However, everyone thinks I am complaining. I am not. I am simple stating a fact. If they have an option to notify people that sign up that cards are available. The option should not be such that it is first come first serve (The person that signed up before you did will get the email first). If that is the only way, then the Auto Notify option needs to say this specifically. Not be housed in all these rules that are not stated. When you click on "Auto Notify" all you see is the following:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING, 11G-P4-6593-KR, 11GB GDDR5X, iCX Technology - 9 Thermal Sensors & RGB LED G/P/M

P/N: 11G-P4-6593-KR

First Name:
Last Name:
Email Address:

[Submit] [Close]

Not sure how one can argue over the "Auto Notify" being misleading? Simply put a note within the "Auto Notify" option. Be transparent. 

Example:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING, 11G-P4-6593-KR, 11GB GDDR5X, iCX Technology - 9 Thermal Sensors & RGB LED G/P/M

P/N: 11G-P4-6593-KR

First Name:
Last Name:
Email Address:

[Submit] [Close]

Note: Being notified is based on when you signed up and how many people have signed up before you. Also, email may be delayed based on the type of email server you have. 

MW1_kING
  • Total Posts : 57
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/30 17:05:41 (permalink)
Just a notice to UK members, paypal charge an absurd fee for the exchange rates. You end up paying a high premium when converting euros to gb pounds. Just beware and check the rate so you know.

I didn't get an option other than to use paypal.

CPU: 4690K 4.6Ghz GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 MOBO: Asus Z97 RAM: 24GB 2133Mhz DDR3 CASE: Corsair 750D PSU: Corsair RM750 
Calexus
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/30 18:27:14 (permalink)
MW1_kING
Just a notice to UK members, paypal charge an absurd fee for the exchange rates. You end up paying a high premium when converting euros to gb pounds. Just beware and check the rate so you know.

Been lurking on the forums for a while now keeping an eye on this thread. I'm wasn't going to kill myself over getting it straight away, but will I be able to get the product from a reseller at a later date from say amazon?
brethall222
  • Total Posts : 29
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/30 19:07:40 (permalink)
Is 5/8 the release date of this card?
MW1_kING
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/30 19:48:17 (permalink)
Calexus
MW1_kING

Been lurking on the forums for a while now keeping an eye on this thread. I'm wasn't going to kill myself over getting it straight away, but will I be able to get the product from a reseller at a later date from say amazon?

Welcome :) - Well, I wasn't in a rush either to be honest. You will eventually be able to get this card in all typical retailers/resellers once it launched (and providing there's stock)

I knew I wanted the 1080 Ti FTW3 at some point, I just figured with the EU pricing its a steal. It's at about 850 euros right now which works out to be 727 british pounds. There is no way it will be that cheap once it hits the resellers. I was thinking minimum 800 pounds for this FTW3 card when it hits the shelves.

I got bumped with PayPal fees, and it still worked out much cheaper. So yeah, I got it now because then I would for sure have it on near launch day plus I will save a lot of cash.

CPU: 4690K 4.6Ghz GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 MOBO: Asus Z97 RAM: 24GB 2133Mhz DDR3 CASE: Corsair 750D PSU: Corsair RM750 
Pet0r
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/31 01:49:02 (permalink)
MW1_kING

Yeah Paypal really screw you on this front, when I did my order I was careful to switch it so they billed my card in EUR.  No conversion fees on this card. 
MW1_kING
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/31 03:36:58 (permalink)
Pet0r
MW1_kING

Yeah Paypal really screw you on this front, when I did my order I was careful to switch it so they billed my card in EUR.  No conversion fees on this card. 

Good Job man, Guess I rushed that part... was just glad to see the card back in stock again and just wanted complete the order asap.

I still thought it worked out quite cheap, and im saving either way.

But yeah, I live and I learn ;)

Pet0r
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/31 04:24:35 (permalink)
MW1_kING
Pet0r
MW1_kING

Good Job man, Guess I rushed that part... was just glad to see the card back in stock again and just wanted complete the order asap.

I still thought it worked out quite cheap, and im saving either way.

But yeah, I live and I learn ;)

Just a question - have you actually been billed anything at all either through Paypal or your card yet?  I haven't but I got my pre-order confirmation e-mail (and it shows up in my EVGA account too) instantly.
MW1_kING
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/31 06:39:30 (permalink)
Pet0r
Just a question - have you actually been billed anything at all either through Paypal or your card yet?  I haven't but I got my pre-order confirmation e-mail (and it shows up in my EVGA account too) instantly.

I'm in the same boat as you, looks like everything went through on EVGA side, and I was asked to supply PayPal details and log in. But nothing has been charged to my PayPal/ bank account as of yet.

Wouldn't worry too much though, I mean we have the order number and everything. The ball is in EVGA's court. They are responsible for our pre-orders now.
post edited by MW1_kING - 2017/03/31 06:42:21

vincentlaw
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/31 07:18:42 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech

Not only is that outside of anyone's control, that's just a really mean thing to say. Mail delivery requires coordination among many servers, any of which can delay delivery at any time for any reason. In fact, if eVGA does not use a dedicated IP or warm up their email IP addresses before email blasts like these, they can actually trigger considerable delays across most/all email recipients.

A properly configured email notification system should be capable of sending over a hundred thousand emails in less than one hour. Given that it is highly unlikely that eVGA's own website had that many notification requests for these cards, the order of the queue should have little impact.

MW1_kING
Pet0r

I'm in the same boat as you, looks like everything went through on EVGA side, and I was asked to supply PayPal details and log in. But nothing has been charged to my PayPal/ bank account as of yet.

Wouldn't worry too much though, I mean we have the order number and everything. The ball is in EVGA's court. They are responsible for our pre-orders now.

Companies are not supposed to charge for preorders until they are within 2 weeks of shipment, it's a credit card processor rule. I believe eVGA says they place a $1 authorization on your credit card to confirm the card is active and working, and then do not charge until time of shipment.
Malice_Unarmed
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/31 07:34:37 (permalink)
To answer the above:

"Your PreOrder has been successfully processed.
Your credit card has not been charged at this time. When your order is in stock and ready to ship, EVGA will automatically charge the credit card you provided."

I gots no arms!
Pet0r
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/31 07:50:33 (permalink)
vincentlaw

Companies are not supposed to charge for preorders until they are within 2 weeks of shipment, it's a credit card processor rule. I believe eVGA says they place a $1 authorization on your credit card to confirm the card is active and working, and then do not charge until time of shipment.

That might be country based or with a specific processor.  There's no such rule in law or anything or blanket across credit card processors that I know of, and that comes from someone who has been signed up with at least 3 different processors that haven't had any such terms.  In fact, it's pretty normal in the UK to take full payment when you do a preorder.  It avoids issues such as cards being declined and people getting disappointed and missing out on their preordered item and stuff like that.
Pet0r
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/31 07:55:33 (permalink)
MW1_kING
Pet0r

Oh I am not worried, realistically if there was any problem I'd be asking the question "Well why is the order in my EVGA account then?", I was just curious if you'd seen any charges since it seemed like you were in the UK as well, so if you had been charged *then* I might be worried haha.  I noticed some US users saying they'd been charged a $1 authorisation but it seems like they didn't pay through Paypal whereas we had to.  To be honest, I checked my Paypal account pretty thoroughly and I couldn't see any authorisation or anything for EVGA to take future payment when the card is ready to ship, so I wonder if it will be a manual process of paying the full amount when they are ready.  If it is that, then maybe you'd have chance to bill your card in in EUR instead of converted GBP by Paypal.  I think the difference is about £25 at the moment on the card cost for me if I bill in EUR vs. letting Paypal bill me in GBP, although who knows what the EUR/GBP rate will be like in May.
MW1_kING
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/31 08:16:12 (permalink)
Pet0r

Oh I am not worried, realistically if there was any problem I'd be asking the question "Well why is the order in my EVGA account then?", I was just curious if you'd seen any charges since it seemed like you were in the UK as well, so if you had been charged *then* I might be worried haha.  I noticed some US users saying they'd been charged a $1 authorisation but it seems like they didn't pay through Paypal whereas we had to.  To be honest, I checked my Paypal account pretty thoroughly and I couldn't see any authorisation or anything for EVGA to take future payment when the card is ready to ship, so I wonder if it will be a manual process of paying the full amount when they are ready.  If it is that, then maybe you'd have chance to bill your card in in EUR instead of converted GBP by Paypal.  I think the difference is about £25 at the moment on the card cost for me if I bill in EUR vs. letting Paypal bill me in GBP, although who knows what the EUR/GBP rate will be like in May.

Yep I am in the UK :)... and yeah you are right about ~25 pounds on top of the EVGA price as result of the conversion. £30 pounds to be exact. So my total was 757 as opposed to 727 for the EURGBP rate on the day. I really didn't know about paypal fees, I guess they got to make their money somehow.

And I wish there is still a way to get my account charged in EUROs instead but I am pretty sure this is like an FX Transaction where you exchange amounts at an agreed exchange rate, even if it takes place in the future. So yeah, as soon as that card ships my account gets charged what was agreed. Learn't my lesson, but still 757 is cheaper than what it will cost at the re-sellers, surely.

wanako
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 176
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/31 09:08:42 (permalink)
so the important question is: when are e-tailers selling them? I've got money burning in my pocket here! lol.

CPU: Intel i7 4970K 4.7 GHz OC | MB: MSI Z97M Gaming | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 16GB 1600MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked | Sound: Creative Labs SoundBlaster Z
SSD: 1x Crucial M550 256GB M.2., 2x Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB | PSU: Corsair AX750 | Case: Silverstone Sugo SG-10

ahmedmomin
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/31 09:34:59 (permalink)
Does anyone know when reviewer will get GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 to review? Any chance if they will get it before the product ships. I've already pre-order the FTW3 just want to see the PCB design and the cooling.
RexManning
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/31 10:02:22 (permalink)
InfusionOfFear
Not sure how one can argue over the "Auto Notify" being misleading? Simply put a note within the "Auto Notify" option. Be transparent. 

I can argue that this is not misleading in the first place.  You did in fact receive the notification.  There are a few hundred things that could happen that would cause you to miss the opportunity to buy an item that sells out in 5 min.  Should EVGA warn you not to eat a bean casserole the night before so that nature doesn't call a minute before they go on sale?

Fact is that if it were that important to you, you could have checked the forums once a day like the rest of the folks did.  If you are too busy, can't be bothered, didn't care, then it wasn't as much a priority to you than others that put a bit more time into getting into the first batch then IMO you don't really deserve it over the folks that did.  Nothing against you personally but it's no different to me than the people who stand in line for a day before a release to be first in line at the store, they simply put in more effort and thus are more deserving than someone who just shows up the minute the store opens.

If this is your first time trying to buy something popular on the internet then it's just a hard lesson everyone has to learn for themselves.  It's very, very difficult to get in on items that sell out within minutes.  Live and learn.  As far as these things usually go this one was relatively smooth.  Could have been worse.
vincentlaw
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/31 10:39:49 (permalink)
Pet0r

That might be country based or with a specific processor.  There's no such rule in law or anything or blanket across credit card processors that I know of, and that comes from someone who has been signed up with at least 3 different processors that haven't had any such terms.  In fact, it's pretty normal in the UK to take full payment when you do a preorder.  It avoids issues such as cards being declined and people getting disappointed and missing out on their preordered item and stuff like that.

I'm not surprised you haven't heard of it, since compliancy with processor rules is an immense task and few get it right. Usually what happens is companies don't know or ignore the rule until something like this happens, when they do enough sales to warrant an investigation. The only exceptions is when you are able to provide a good tentative delivery date at time of transaction (you're also not allowed to deposit said money until it ships).  Google the VISA "card acceptance guidelines visa merchants" on page 13 (15 of the PDF). There's also exceptions for deposits but those don't typically apply for online transactions.

Honestly I wish the processors would crack down on this more.
post edited by vincentlaw - 2017/03/31 10:42:40
PaulthePirate
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/31 11:29:53 (permalink)
ahmedmomin
Does anyone know when reviewer will get GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 to review? Any chance if they will get it before the product ships. I've already pre-order the FTW3 just want to see the PCB design and the cooling.

This is what I'm wanting to know too.
Page: << < ..3132333435.. > >> Showing page 31 of 43
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile