EVGA

LockedA Second Wave of COVID-19 in September According to the Media?

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 17474
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 61
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/06/26 08:30:52 (permalink)
I look cool in my mask.  with my alma mater on it. 

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/06/26 10:11:42 (permalink)
I heal fast 😳 hence my healing factor is the best there is at what it does😸 ye😼

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
boylerya
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1910
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/06/26 20:47:59 (permalink)
rcoev6
Maybe the increase in cases is because we are testing many more people daily than we were 2 months ago.

CDC stated today they estimate for every recorded case there are most likely 10 that go unreported.  That puts the number of total infected close to 20 million.  This would really drop the fatality rate closer to that of the normal flu.

The bar/line graph is located toward the bottom of the page and shows the wave starting, then slowly reducing due to lockdowns and social distancing.  Then about a week after the protests start the surge starts since there would be a delay due to symptoms starting and processing of tests.  If the theory of more testing over time was true, there should be progressively a higher number of confirmed cases, but that is not the case.
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/2020/03/03/coronavirus-map-tracking-spread-covid-19-outbreak-us-and-worldwide/4906772002/
post edited by boylerya - 2020/06/26 20:49:00

United We Stand...Six Feet Apart.
Beware Vitamin A Palmitate found in products such as 2%, 1% or Skim Milk: government research
Garlic is the Antichrist.
boylerya
FTW Member
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/06/30 17:16:21 (permalink)
Fauci is stating that coronavirus cases will exceed 100K a day in the USA.  I believe the USA will not reach 100K on even one day.  Things will progressively start getting better starting sometime this July.

Beware Vitamin A Palmitate found in products such as 2%, 1% or Skim Milk: government research
kougar
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3034
  • Ribbons : 22
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/01 07:18:54 (permalink)
rcoev6
Maybe the increase in cases is because we are testing many more people daily than we were 2 months ago.

CDC stated today they estimate for every recorded case there are most likely 10 that go unreported.  That puts the number of total infected close to 20 million.  This would really drop the fatality rate closer to that of the normal flu. 

The first part of the statement has been proven untrue (despite presidential claims to the contrary). The test positivity rate has changed from under 3% to over 7%, some places over 9% depending on where you get the data from. Meaning a much larger portion of the tests being done are now coming back positive. 

And yes, it's been discussed before that the CFR should be around 1%. But if hospitals become overwhelmed then people that would've otherwise lived will end up dying, hence why flattening the curve was a thing. Hospitals have sent home thousands of patients that still need treatment for other conditions to make room for covid19 patients, yet ICU beds in Arizona, Texas, and Florida are running out. Several states were projected to run out of surge/emergency ICU capacity sometime in July, so it's going to be a fun month...

Have water, will cool. 
4STAR
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 119
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/01 11:49:45 (permalink)
Almost 50% of the deaths have been from nursing homes and the rest are the usual suspects of compromised immune system and underlying conditions.......just like the flu, but we do not do all of this for the flu.
Chaos_21
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4524
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/01 12:17:50 (permalink)
4STAR
Almost 50% of the deaths have been from nursing homes and the rest are the usual suspects of compromised immune system and underlying conditions.......just like the flu, but we do not do all of this for the flu.

1. If preventive measures are not taken our hospitals will be quickly overunn and people will be dying in the streets.
2. This is not the flu, it's worse and any deaths that can be prevented, should be.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Intel Core i9-12900K- EVGA 360 CLC Cooler-Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16GB 3200mhz-2TB  Solidigm P41 Plus M.2 SSD--Three 1TB 970 EVO SSD's-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA-Corsair HX1000i-Windows 11 64bit-Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Case.      
 Steam     Twitter: https://twitter.com/Chaos_21
 Use my associate code: JBGVM12HDYDJPIM to get 5%-10% discount on EVGA purchases.

4STAR
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 119
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/01 12:40:31 (permalink)
Chaos_21
4STAR

1. If preventive measures are not taken our hospitals will be quickly overunn and people will be dying in the streets.
2. This is not the flu, it's worse and any deaths that can be prevented, should be.

Worse in a sense that it's more infectious perhaps, but not worse in the number it kill's vs those infected.
bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11105
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/01 14:22:39 (permalink)
4STAR
Chaos_21
4STAR

Worse in a sense that it's more infectious perhaps, but not worse in the number it kill's vs those infected.

I don't think that's correct. Deaths per person infected is a few times higher than the flu.
What is your source for that statement.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/01 14:30:52 (permalink)
First google search came up with this
Is the coronavirus disease more severe than the flu?

COVID-19 causes more severe disease than seasonal influenza.

While many people globally have built up immunity to seasonal flu strains, COVID-19 is a new virus to which no one has immunity. That means more people are susceptible to infection, and some will suffer severe disease.

Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died. By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected.

And this 
https://www.cdc.gov/coron...a/covidview/index.html

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/01 15:00:14 (permalink)
bill1024
First google search came up with thisIs the coronavirus disease more severe than the flu?

COVID-19 causes more severe disease than seasonal influenza.

While many people globally have built up immunity to seasonal flu strains, COVID-19 is a new virus to which no one has immunity. That means more people are susceptible to infection, and some will suffer severe disease.

Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died. By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected.

And this 
https://www.cdc.gov/coron...a/covidview/index.html

The effects of the disease is based on your health that equals to the antibodies you have. Certain Friends, coworkers, and family members whom i know had covid but their symptoms were different.

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

kougar
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3034
  • Ribbons : 22
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/01 16:55:56 (permalink)
4STAR

Couldn't be further from the truth. In the last decade, the flu kills anywhere from as few as 12,000 to at most 61,000 across a full year. Typically that's less than 40,000 deaths per year for the flu. By comparison, covid19 has killed 130,000 people inside half a year in the US.

Have water, will cool. 
bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/01 17:21:09 (permalink)
It may have a lot to do with how much of a dose of the virus you get. Blood type O maybe less impacted than other types.
There seems to be so many thing this virus can do to you.
Brain injuries, pneumonia, lung scaring, diminishing lung function, kidney issues, blood clots causing strokes and heart attacks.
Lost Sense of taste and smell that maybe can last half a year or more.
All I know is I don't want it. No flu that I have ever heard of before can do all those things to someone.
What may happens years later to people if the virus can lay dormant in people like chicken pox, herpes can.
Still so much to learn a bought this virus, 

Hope all you guys stay safe out there. I would hate to see you all get sick, or worse.

yodap
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4642
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/01 18:13:24 (permalink)
atfrico

I generally like your sense of humor but if you are even slightly serious here then you are a big part of the problem. It is not all about you or any one individual. Keep yourself AND OTHERS safe.
Seriously, stay safe.

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/01 18:50:59 (permalink)
yodap
atfrico

I generally like your sense of humor but if you are even slightly serious here then you are a big part of the problem. It is not all about you or any one individual. Keep yourself AND OTHERS safe.
Seriously, stay safe.

I am humorous in any situation sorry😅 I dont look the bad but the good on anything because at the end of the day no one is safe and you can't control the inevitable and that inevitable is that sooner or later you will eventually get the disease😰. The news and the so called experts are injecting you and everyone else with fear so they can lower your immune. 😤
Search Why is bad for you to live in fear and depressed what it does to your body? start from there.🤔
This is what i learned so far.😉 You can control your safety and the safety of your family but you cannot control the safety of the people outside your home.😑
I know it s not about me but if i have to use myself or make a fool of myself to make people laugh i don't mind, ye😼

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/01 19:18:13 (permalink)
I don’t believe that it is inevitable that everyone will get this virus
Depend on how well you take care to avoid the situations we know make people susceptible to catching it
Social distancing and masks.
Stay away from crowds indoors

Like the song says. Don’t stand. Don’t stand Don’t stand so close to me.

yodap
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4642
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/02 04:19:33 (permalink)
atfrico
yodap
atfrico

Seriously, stay safe.

I am humorous in any situation sorry😅 I dont look the bad but the good on anything because at the end of the day no one is safe and you can't control the inevitable and that inevitable is that sooner or later you will eventually get the disease😰. The news and the so called experts are injecting you and everyone else with fear so they can lower your immune. 😤
Search Why is bad for you to live in fear and depressed what it does to your body? start from there.🤔
This is what i learned so far.😉 You can control your safety and the safety of your family but you cannot control the safety of the people outside your home.😑
I know it s not about me but if i have to use myself or make a fool of myself to make people laugh i don't mind, ye😼

Good post!
Always keep yourself and family safe as well as those near you in a public place. I don’t live in fear, too old for that and nobody should. Seems like I’m seeing a lot of people lately that don’t care about others though.
Carry on.........hippie!

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/02 05:52:19 (permalink)
yodap
atfrico
yodap
atfrico

Seriously, stay safe.

Good post!
Always keep yourself and family safe as well as those near you in a public place. I don’t live in fear, too old for that and nobody should. Seems like I’m seeing a lot of people lately that don’t care about others though.
Carry on.........hippie!

Thank you fellow memberino. Will do😎👍

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21174
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/02 07:47:18 (permalink)
bill1024
I don’t believe that it is inevitable that everyone will get this virus
Depend on how well you take care to avoid the situations we know make people susceptible to catching it
Social distancing and masks.
Stay away from crowds indoors

Like the song says. Don’t stand. Don’t stand Don’t stand so close to me.

It's too late to eradicate the virus. Without a vaccine, everyone will get it eventually. We aren't going to social distance for the rest of our lives.

I suppose it depends on your outlook on a vaccine.

Devil's advocate: I have zero data on this, but I wonder if the death rate from lethargy and its health risks and suicide has increased. Also, if you consider lost wages, evictions, exposure due to homelessness, divorce, financial ruin, and mental health issues, the cost of quarantine could be pretty high. Would it compare to the COVID-19 deaths? I have no idea. Our economy. Our education. Our morale. Our community. It's all doing subpar during lockdown. The lockdown cost is high.

Some might find it surprising, but I am still working full time and have even flown commercially for work. Horror of horrors. The world keeps turning, and I am still doing my part.

When a worse virus breaks out, this will all look very silly.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2020/07/02 11:54:33

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

z999z3mystorys
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4480
  • Ribbons : 23
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/02 13:02:02 (permalink)
One thing about wondering if people are over or under reacting to something, is that you can't directly compare two different options. Short of opening a portal to a parallel world where everything is the same, except one thing, like the response to something, you can't know for sure what would happen. We don't have a "control Earth" or a dozen others we can try different things on, then see what works best.

All we can do is the best we can figure with what limited info we have, there will always be a "What if we did something different?" idea that can't be fully explored.

Even if everyone does get it eventually, slowing it down will allow the hospital system to handle it better, and give more time to better understand it, and it's treatments.
Also if the virus does weaken on it's own, there's not much we need to do in regards to that, it's if it doesn't that we'd need to focus on preparing for.
boylerya
FTW Member
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/24 02:05:58 (permalink)
boylerya
Fauci is stating that coronavirus cases will exceed 100K a day in the USA.  I believe the USA will not reach 100K on even one day.  Things will progressively start getting better starting sometime this July.

7/16/2020 with 77,255 confirmed cases will be the record high in the USA for this pandemic.  From here on out things will only get better relative to the rate of it spreading.

Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10103
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/24 02:30:15 (permalink)
I personally trust Fauci on the outbreak. For the 100K cases a day we are not even into the fall and the flu season when people start to spend less time outside and more time indoors. What is known is this virus has hit the point in which it will be like the flu and always around but unlike the flu it will last the summer. We could be looking at something that people will need to get several injections a year to prevent and because it can spread to animals it will never be wiped out.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/24 04:45:32 (permalink)
Fauci is a lying moron.

You can trust him all you want, but I don't..and I make my own decisions about wearing a mask or not. I choose not.

Enjoy your day.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21174
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/24 04:54:05 (permalink)
transdogmifier
Fauci is a lying moron.

You can trust him all you want, but I don't..and I make my own decisions about wearing a mask or not. I choose not.

Enjoy your day.

I don't like the mask. I think it is pointless and dumb. I think I look like an idiot for believing that a completely unregulated and untested piece of cloth manufactured in an infinite number of different designs and fabrics does anything to stop the spread of COVID.
But I wear a mask anyway. Why? Because I'm not selfish. Wearing a mask isn't about protecting you; it's about protecting others (if it works) from you. If I have the virus (but don't know it), if my piece of fabric miraculously stops the spread to just one less person, it's worth it.
Please don't be selfish. We are all in this together. Divided we fall. Masks are required by executive orders in many places. Where they aren't required, they are still recommended. Please join the bandwagon. There doesn't need to be a maskers versus anti-maskers fight.
When two people wearing a mask meet, there is an unspoken solidarity. When a masker meets an anti-masker, there is hostility. The masker thinks that the anti-masker is selfish. And the anti-masker thinks that the masker is a dumb sheep. It doesn't have to be this way. The mask does no harm, so please just wear it as a show of solidarity.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2020/07/24 05:07:22

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/24 09:00:39 (permalink)
So by the end of the year the entire earth will be infected🤔

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/24 11:31:45 (permalink)
ty_ger07
transdogmifier
Fauci is a lying moron.

Enjoy your day.

I don't like the mask. I think it is pointless and dumb. I think I look like an idiot for believing that a completely unregulated and untested piece of cloth manufactured in an infinite number of different designs and fabrics does anything to stop the spread of COVID.
But I wear a mask anyway. Why? Because I'm not selfish. Wearing a mask isn't about protecting you; it's about protecting others (if it works) from you. If I have the virus (but don't know it), if my piece of fabric miraculously stops the spread to just one less person, it's worth it.
Please don't be selfish. We are all in this together. Divided we fall. Masks are required by executive orders in many places. Where they aren't required, they are still recommended. Please join the bandwagon. There doesn't need to be a maskers versus anti-maskers fight.
When two people wearing a mask meet, there is an unspoken solidarity. When a masker meets an anti-masker, there is hostility. The masker thinks that the anti-masker is selfish. And the anti-masker thinks that the masker is a dumb sheep. It doesn't have to be this way. The mask does no harm, so please just wear it as a show of solidarity.

I'm glad I read the rest of the post lol.

transdogmifier
Fauci is a lying moron.

Enjoy your day.

It's not about following orders or listening to others, Just don't be crying when you get stabbed for not wearing a mask in the wrong place.
post edited by JGLuxe - 2020/07/24 11:33:23

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

boylerya
FTW Member
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/25 16:22:40 (permalink)
Hoggle
I personally trust Fauci on the outbreak. For the 100K cases a day we are not even into the fall and the flu season when people start to spend less time outside and more time indoors. What is known is this virus has hit the point in which it will be like the flu and always around but unlike the flu it will last the summer. We could be looking at something that people will need to get several injections a year to prevent and because it can spread to animals it will never be wiped out.

That will never happen.  It will be almost entirely eliminated by the end of the year.  Perhaps lingering in some areas past that, but unlikely.  I place my reputation on the line in saying that all my statements in this thread are true and that it is very likely that any vaccine in development will not make it out in time to have any benefit since the next time the coronavirus causes a pandemic (in about 5 to 15 years, more than likely less than 10) it will mutate and be unaffected by it.

stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/26 13:07:12 (permalink)
Make your life easier. Avoid the media, and turn it off. 

The corona virus = deliberate cover up.
post edited by stalinx20 - 2020/07/26 13:23:30

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
Chaos_21
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4524
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/26 13:52:30 (permalink)
stalinx20

What would be the goal of a world wide cover up? 

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Intel Core i9-12900K- EVGA 360 CLC Cooler-Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16GB 3200mhz-2TB  Solidigm P41 Plus M.2 SSD--Three 1TB 970 EVO SSD's-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA-Corsair HX1000i-Windows 11 64bit-Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Case.      
 Steam     Twitter: https://twitter.com/Chaos_21
 Use my associate code: JBGVM12HDYDJPIM to get 5%-10% discount on EVGA purchases.

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
Re: A Second Surge of COVID-19 in September According to the Media? 2020/07/26 15:09:02 (permalink)
stalinx20

Big brother is out to get you, Not us, just you specifically! Better go back in your mothers basement before they get you!!! Don't forget to bring your tin foil hat, or else they will cook your brain using microwave technology!!

Ahh, Hurry, they're coming! There's been a white truck with the label "USPS" coming everyday around the same time, I'm 100% sure it's big brother!!!! They're SPYING ON YOU!

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile