EVGA

Helpful Reply3090 order was possibly stolen ....

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
TheHyperMatrix
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 146
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/21 14:49:45 (permalink)
Dabadger84
This is why you put signature required on your shipment, the peace of mind is worth the $4.

This means nothing.  My last 2 3090 orders from EVGA both had the paid signature option but were delivered without a signature.  UPS is just trash.

Need to spamtribute 100 posts for Elite status to be able to get a KingPin because Jacob. My apologies in advance.
aardvark1134
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 122
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/21 14:52:33 (permalink)
Dabadger84
This is why you put signature required on your shipment, the peace of mind is worth the $4.

Sounds to me like UPS was aware (or made aware by whoever they delivered it to) that they delivered it to the wrong place, and picked it back up to deliver it correctly. 

Hopefully you get your card & it's fine :-D Good luck.

I put signarture required on mine at checkout...and they still did not require one.  UPS drivers don't want to bother.  But they are better than fedex.   I have found fedex packages in the ditch for the road beside my driveway more than once.

Associate Code: XSFS5KM9FAHNVOC

jll544
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/21 15:10:53 (permalink)
Many of my UPS deliveries show "DRIVER RELEASE" on the tracking regardless of whether a signature was required or not. I'm guessing my driver is just pushing that button as a reflex at this point.
LVNeptune
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 287
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/21 15:54:55 (permalink)
EVGATech_DanielM
Signature requirements are to be requested by the buyer at the time of checkout. This is in the check out procedure. We have seen cases where UPS will disregard this - we do not have any control over that. If you are in a high traffic area we always suggest to have a signature requirement. PayPal orders automatically have this added. We can only allow UPS to determine if the item was stolen or not - EVGA cannot make this determination as while we are the shipper we do not delegate the outcome of a UPS investigation. Best practice is to always check with your neighbors first. Especially due to the holiday season we always suggest customers be more vigilant and understand that package theft is very high around these times. EVGA will be the only ones to conclude a lost package investigation - while you may have started it with UPS, you did not ship it, EVGA did. We always suggest to all us during normal business hours in the event a package has gone missing. UPS investigations can take anywhere from 8-10 business day but due to the current climate along with the holiday season this may take longer. EVGA can only wait until UPS has concluded their investigation to take action. We suggest to start a support ticket on EVGA.com or sending us an email to look into your issues. Support@EVGA.com 

I can confirm this not to be the case. All of my orders are via Paypal (except one) and even though I don't tick it, it always adds them for my 3090 orders (I think anything over $1000 forces it on anyway), my 3080 orders I never added it (still used paypal) and they came without signature requirement.
LVNeptune
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 287
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/21 15:56:42 (permalink)
coldrain85
Sometimes carriers will deliver packages to the US post office in my town. At that point, they say "delivered". Someone from the post office then brings the package the rest of the way. My house is less than 2 minutes away from the post office by car so someone will usually drive it over the same day.

UPS often does this, at least where I live, and I guess the "signature required" part is handled by someone at the post office. Then, the EXPENSIVE package is left in my unsecured mailbox. This happened to me with a bag of silver dimes last summer. I knew they were coming so I was watching for them, but still.

In the case of the missing GPU, my guess is that it either got lost (unlikely), or someone in the delivery chain stole it (likely). I doubt it ever made it as far as your doorstep.

That's a different service altogether called "UPS Mail Innovations" this is not how Ground or any of the other services are handled.
Bruno747
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3909
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/21 16:28:25 (permalink)
So how many of you are requesting refunds for the signature service if UPS isnt enforcing it? I just ordered and ticked this $4.50 option. If UPS isnt gonna do it they need to refund that cost.

X399 Designare EX, Threadripper 1950x, Overkill Water 560mm dual pass radiator. Heatkiller IV Block Dual 960 EVO 500gb Raid 0 bootable, Quad Channel 64gb DDR4 @ 2933/15-16-16-31, RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, Corsair RM850x, Tower 900
aardvark1134
Superclocked Member
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/21 16:30:50 (permalink)
I like the amazon van in my area...he puts it on my back porch and send me a photo text of it sitting there before he pulls out of the driveway

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18939
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/21 17:12:13 (permalink)
aardvark1134
I like the amazon van in my area...he puts it on my back porch and send me a photo text of it sitting there before he pulls out of the driveway

Just reminded me of that delivery guy caught on video security camera taking the photo of the parcel where he left it, then picking it up and leaving with it. Some people have no shame.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Rapoo
  • Total Posts : 39
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/21 21:19:22 (permalink)
I sometimes use the PO Box or Amazon locker options if it's available, to the point my choice of retail almost hinges upon it now. but it's a pain and source of a lot of stress. The last time I wasn't home the driver was nice enough to 'hide' the package behind one of the structures on the front door but unfortunately fooled me also. Hopefully the OP will be able to get this issue resolved soon.
ds760
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 161
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/22 01:13:29 (permalink)
Some of the drivers run out of time or just want to go home near the end of the day it seems. Got an update online that said delivery attempt. No one came to the door. No attempted delivery notice on the door. Checked cameras no one was there. Card arrived next day after I complained about the drivers bs.

nycx360
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 212
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/22 06:45:59 (permalink)
Sig required doesn't mean anything during this time. If you really want your delivery to not be left then deliver it to a UPS store and get it from there (not an access point). Even if your home doesn't mean they will knock etc. My ups guy knows I work from home, he just drops it at my door and sometimes knocks. For high value items, have it text you updates. 
kzSlaughter
  • Total Posts : 43
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/22 07:10:08 (permalink)
Sorry to hear about your card being taken... I had 2 packages swiped from my front door early this year when deliveries started getting later in the day. So I purchased a Ring Peephole camera and have not lost a package since...  Guess the camera staring at them tends to scare them off, that and I know when they drop off my package whether they knock or not. I have it set to notify my phone when there is activity at my door and save a video of them... 

Intel i9 12900k 
EVGA Z690 DARK KINGPIN
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 
32GB DDR5 6600
SSD 1TB Samsung 980 Pro / 2T Samsung 870 
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G FTW

ZekeSulastin
  • Total Posts : 58
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/22 07:56:27 (permalink)
Does EVGA allow or block the UPS My Choice automatic redirects to store?  I'm starting to worry myself if I get a chance to order - I set that up early because the delivery to my complex was just bad to begin with, let alone the chance of theft.
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102394
  • Ribbons : 85
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/22 08:05:18 (permalink)
jd760
I ordered that 3090 Hybrid from EVGA on Thursday. The shipment confirmation stated that if no one will be home to sign for the package, I could set it to pickup at a local UPS store instead. My girlfriend was home yesterday and told me she'll be around to sign for it. When I got home from work yesterday, the card had not arrived yet. I checked the tracking and it was checked off as "Delivered - left at front door." - I thought "what!?!? why would it just be left at the door!?"... Ended up walking all around outside in case it was left somewhere else, even checked with my neighbors. No package anywhere....  My girlfriend said no one even knocked on the door.

I ended up having to file a claim with UPS. Have not actually heard form anyone at UPS yet, but notice the tracking # now says "Update: Scheduled delivery" and wants me to check back again in 24 hours for an update. :(

Did everything work out finally to your satisfaction?

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/22 08:41:12 (permalink)
rjohnson11
jd760
I ordered that 3090 Hybrid from EVGA on Thursday. The shipment confirmation stated that if no one will be home to sign for the package, I could set it to pickup at a local UPS store instead. My girlfriend was home yesterday and told me she'll be around to sign for it. When I got home from work yesterday, the card had not arrived yet. I checked the tracking and it was checked off as "Delivered - left at front door." - I thought "what!?!? why would it just be left at the door!?"... Ended up walking all around outside in case it was left somewhere else, even checked with my neighbors. No package anywhere....  My girlfriend said no one even knocked on the door.

I ended up having to file a claim with UPS. Have not actually heard form anyone at UPS yet, but notice the tracking # now says "Update: Scheduled delivery" and wants me to check back again in 24 hours for an update. :(

Did everything work out finally to your satisfaction?

Reading through the thread, and seeing the reply from last night, it did not get resolved.

17 Hours ago:
jd760
Last Friday was a full week after I was supposed to receive the card and it still had not showed. I let EVGA know.
As of today(Monday, 12/21/2020) still no card and currently waiting to hear back from EVGA.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31020
  • Ribbons : 123
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/22 09:04:35 (permalink)
ZekeSulastin
Does EVGA allow or block the UPS My Choice automatic redirects to store?  I'm starting to worry myself if I get a chance to order - I set that up early because the delivery to my complex was just bad to begin with, let alone the chance of theft.

You can Not redirect a GPU purchase
  https://www.evga.com/legal/store/

(excerpt)

Shipping and Delivery Restrictions

The EVGA online store ships to the Continental U.S., Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Canada.
EVGA does not accept the use of the following address listings for any purchases made through EVGA.com.
  • Hotels or Motels
  • Mail or Package forwarding companies
  • Private Mailboxes
  • APO/FPO Addresses for orders over $200 USD (due to shipping restrictions)
  • UPS Stores or Stores with shipping mailboxes
  • P.O. Boxes
  • Addresses that are non-standard or cannot be confirmed as a house or work place
Once shipped, orders may not be intercepted or rerouted through the selected shipping carrier. Likewise, EVGA does not offer or have the ability to offer a “hold” service for shipments.
EVGA reserves the right to ship any product with an Adult Signature and once added an Adult signature cannot be removed.

EVGA - Checkout - Shipping Options

(excerpt)

Shipping Restrictions:
  • Shipments will not be able to be intercepted or rerouted through UPS.
  • EVGA reserves the right to ship any product with an Adult Signature and once added an Adult signature cannot be removed.
  • EVGA does not ship to PO Boxes, Forwarding Companies, Private Mailboxes, Hotels, or any other Address deemed as unsafe for delivery.
  • EVGA does not ship orders over $200 in value to APO or FPO addresses.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

ZekeSulastin
  • Total Posts : 58
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/22 09:17:30 (permalink)
Thanks!  Knew I was missing something obvious.  Here's hoping the automatic UPS My Choice thing still works - nowadays and especially for high value items like GPUs, not having some sort of option to enable UPS MyChoice/FedEx Hold at Location/etc. is unbelievably poor :(
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/22 09:20:58 (permalink)
I have left a large note on my door for UPS drivers to call when they arrive, and I can remotely open and close my garage to let them out the package inside. It has worked quite well, but if you don’t have a wait to remotely open a place for the package, that would be impossible.
oVerRateD
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 104
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/22 09:26:38 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
I have left a large note on my door for UPS drivers to call when they arrive, and I can remotely open and close my garage to let them out the package inside. It has worked quite well, but if you don’t have a wait to remotely open a place for the package, that would be impossible.

My company, we have a large security gates and fences surrounding our property, when they drive up to the boundary of our property, they call our security guards to gain entry.
For residential deliveries, I doubt anyone will take the time to read signs, especially with the amount of holiday deliveries right now

My 3970x Build (Threadripper): https://imgur.com/a/p88C8YO
My 5950x Build (Ryzen): Pending a GPU... :(
candr3w
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/22 09:43:05 (permalink)
IDK Maybe your GF got it and is giving it to you for christmas but if it was stolen im sure EVGA or UPS can find a way to make this right
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/22 14:22:01 (permalink)

Some of these delivery drivers are complete morons - our apartment building when you get to the door there's a big sign saying "DO NOT LEAVE DELIVERIES OUTSIDE", and that's right next to the video intercom where you can buzz any of the apartments to be let in to drop the delivery inside where the mailboxes are. Went down last week and there's 2 parcels sitting OUTSIDE, directly underneath the sign! Amazed they weren't stolen already (this is Brooklyn after all). Almost everyone is home right now because of coronavirus, so they could have hit any apartment buzzer for access, but nope, that would be too much like work.

I've had numerous times where parcels have been marked as delivered in tracking but weren't delivered until the next day or even a couple of days later. One instance sounds almost exactly like the OP is experiencing, and it turned up like a month later. In another case a few years back I had a USPS driver repeatedly marking packages as delivered but nothing showed up.. contacted USPS (which itself took many hours), and a few days later the big boss for the USPS turned up at my door with an investigator - apparently the driver had been stealing packages and marking them as delivered and they had been investigating him for some time before arresting him, and they actually apologized in person (not the driver, but the big boss).

This time of year all the delivery outfits hire a lot of extra seasonal workers to deal with the increased workload. Unfortunately many of these temporary workers don't give a flying frisbee about the job as they know it's only for a couple of months, so you'll find them misdelivering stuff and kicking boxes and all sorts of stupidity because there's zero incentive for them to do their jobs properly - they just want to get it done as quickly as possible and get home early, and if that means cutting corners, so be it, and if they get fired, who cares, they were going to be out of work in a month or so anyway, and probably get 2 weeks paid when fired anyway.

post edited by Nereus - 2020/12/22 14:24:36

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

aardvark1134
Superclocked Member
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/22 14:47:36 (permalink)
nycx360
Sig required doesn't mean anything during this time. If you really want your delivery to not be left then deliver it to a UPS store and get it from there (not an access point). Even if your home doesn't mean they will knock etc. My ups guy knows I work from home, he just drops it at my door and sometimes knocks. For high value items, have it text you updates. 

Actually it does mean 1 thing very important.  If they don't get your real signature and you don't get the package they get to buy you a replacement one.

pR1maL
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 110
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/22 15:30:44 (permalink)

Cool GTX
ZekeSulastin

You can Not redirect a GPU purchase
  https://www.evga.com/legal/store/

(excerpt)

Shipping and Delivery Restrictions

The EVGA online store ships to the Continental U.S., Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Canada.
EVGA does not accept the use of the following address listings for any purchases made through EVGA.com.
  • Hotels or Motels
  • Mail or Package forwarding companies
  • Private Mailboxes
  • APO/FPO Addresses for orders over $200 USD (due to shipping restrictions)
  • UPS Stores or Stores with shipping mailboxes
  • P.O. Boxes
  • Addresses that are non-standard or cannot be confirmed as a house or work place
Once shipped, orders may not be intercepted or rerouted through the selected shipping carrier. Likewise, EVGA does not offer or have the ability to offer a “hold” service for shipments.
EVGA reserves the right to ship any product with an Adult Signature and once added an Adult signature cannot be removed.

EVGA - Checkout - Shipping Options

(excerpt)

Shipping Restrictions:
  • Shipments will not be able to be intercepted or rerouted through UPS.
  • EVGA reserves the right to ship any product with an Adult Signature and once added an Adult signature cannot be removed.
  • EVGA does not ship to PO Boxes, Forwarding Companies, Private Mailboxes, Hotels, or any other Address deemed as unsafe for delivery.
  • EVGA does not ship orders over $200 in value to APO or FPO addresses.

I think I need some clarification.   So is EVGA saying I cannot,  myself,  notify UPS to hold an EVGA package at my local UPS Customer Center?   (the local UPS facility where they load/unload/park the trucks at night)

I'm on the KPE list,  but I'm not so sure I want to deal with EVGA if UPS can't even hold a $2000 gpu at their hub for me.   Just feels like I'm playing Russian Roulette with $2000. 

Honestly,  you just catapulted me into second thoughts category.    Starting to think my interests would be better served by waiting until I can walk into a local BB or MC and put my own hands on one,  even if that means no KPE.

Between the RMA's,  people having weird temps,  the black screen problem,  the potential of having to go through a shipping nightmare,   meh.    I guess ordering from EVGA is one step better than dealing with a scalper on EB or CL.  At least when the package doesn't arrive, you're not dealing with a scammer.

post edited by pR1maL - 2020/12/22 15:35:50
Bruno747
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3909
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/22 16:07:09 (permalink)
I'm kinda rethinking as well reading about the number of issues with ftw 3090s. At least I'm not wasting my time with crap sites that go out of stock instantly.

But that happiness might turn into annoyance if I have to rma 2 and 3 times like some of these guys on here.

X399 Designare EX, Threadripper 1950x, Overkill Water 560mm dual pass radiator. Heatkiller IV Block Dual 960 EVO 500gb Raid 0 bootable, Quad Channel 64gb DDR4 @ 2933/15-16-16-31, RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, Corsair RM850x, Tower 900
RogueMaster
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 403
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/22 18:07:33 (permalink)
UPS drivers are notoriously unreliable.

I just got my 3090 FTW3 Ultra, and it was designated 'signature required'. Not only did they just leave it at the front door without so much as a cursory knock on the door, the tracking system literally showed it at the local sorting center until several hours after I found the card outside by chance. Had I not gone outside for something else, who knows whether the card would have still been there or not.

The tracking eventually updated to 'delivered' around 10pm, and showed the card had been delivered at around 2pm.

I get it's the holidays, but there is absolutely no excuse for leaving a signature required delivery at the door and just walking away.

jd760
  • Total Posts : 65
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/25 00:08:56 (permalink)
UPDATE:

EVGA processed the claim and are sending a replacement card. It's scheduled to arrive this coming Tuesday. Luckily I am now on break for the holidays so I will be home that day. I'll be monitoring the tracking and regularly checking for a UPS truck.

On a side note, I ordered pizza tonight(Domino's) and when they delivered the pizza, they just left it at my door step and called me while they were leaving to inform me the pizza is at my front door...!?!? At least I got it though.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2020/12/25 03:22:41
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/25 00:12:24 (permalink)
jd760
UPDATE:

EVGA processed the claim and are sending a replacement card. It's scheduled to arrive this coming Tuesday. Luckily I am now on break for the holidays so I will be home that day. I'll be monitoring the tracking and regularly checking for a UPS truck.

On a side note, I ordered pizza tonight(Domino's) and when they delivered the pizza, they just left it at my door step and called me while they were leaving to inform me the pizza is at my front door...!?!? At least I got it though.

Yay good to hear some resolution finally.

Whaaaat? Who does that with delivery pizza? Well, that guy obviously. :D
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2020/12/25 03:23:01

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/25 03:25:36 (permalink)
jd760

Most delivery services are going contactless, there’s a whole pandemic going on and people refuse to follow basic rules, so companies are taking more extreme measures to avoid contact. Domino’s even has commercials explaining that they will make contactless delivery.

Not sure how after 9 months people are still surprised that companies are encouraging their employees to not make contact with folks during deliveries.

If you haven’t, get signed up for UPS My Choice or whatever it is called. Just like other companies, they provide updates for when the card will be delivered. The live map tracking is the best part.
NotoriouS^
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 144
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/25 13:05:35 (permalink)
This is my only complaint about the whole purchase process with EVGA. I DIDN'T select a signature required because i have my UPS packages shipped to my local UPS store. Well they shipped my Kingpin signature required and i got an email from UPS saying they would not take it to the UPS store. Why? What's the difference between signing for it at my door vs. signing for it at the UPS store? So stupid.

I called EVGA customer service to ask about the logic and to allow it to go the the UPS store and they wouldn't budge at all. I mean yeah i understand why they added the signature required but i don't agree with how difficult they make it receiving your card. At the end i was able to take off work the day it came to got it from the UPS driver WHO DIDN'T MAKE ME SIGN ANYTHING.....

And a side note, i wanted to do push/pull config on my RAD and needed screws since the my $2,000 card didn't come with any, I called EVGA to ask if i could purchase additional RAD screws and offered to pay for them & shipping and was told nope, sorry, can't help you ($2,000 purchase right)

Called Corsair next, asked them the same thing, Sure no problem, just upload your invoice for your AIO and we will get those right on out to you ($160 AIO purchase) AND they sent me the screws for free!

$2,000 purchase = Nope help
$160 Purchase = Yes sir, right away.

i9 10900K | MSI MEG Z490 ACE | EVGA RTX 3090 K|NGP|N Hydro Copper | G.Skill TridentZ 3600MHz 32GB | Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 | PNY XLR8 2TB NVMe M.2 | EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 |

jd760
  • Total Posts : 65
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/29 18:42:33 (permalink)
So....    I've been home all day today. The tracking # said the replacement 3090 will be delivered today between 11:00am - 3:00pm. Eventually that time got updated to "by 9:00pm". I've watched multiple Amazon trucks come & go and a FedEx truck that passed by earlier. It's currently 6:42pm and a UPS truck came by and I saw the guy delivering some packages to neighbors. He passe by my place and left.
Tracking is still saying "Out for Delivery Today , by 9:00pm"...   Hopefully that means a 2nd UPS truck will come by.

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile