EVGA

Helpful Reply3090 order was possibly stolen ....

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
jd760
  • Total Posts : 65
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/12/12 11:09:45 (permalink)
I ordered that 3090 Hybrid from EVGA on Thursday. The shipment confirmation stated that if no one will be home to sign for the package, I could set it to pickup at a local UPS store instead. My girlfriend was home yesterday and told me she'll be around to sign for it. When I got home from work yesterday, the card had not arrived yet. I checked the tracking and it was checked off as "Delivered - left at front door." - I thought "what!?!? why would it just be left at the door!?"... Ended up walking all around outside in case it was left somewhere else, even checked with my neighbors. No package anywhere....  My girlfriend said no one even knocked on the door.

I ended up having to file a claim with UPS. Have not actually heard form anyone at UPS yet, but notice the tracking # now says "Update: Scheduled delivery" and wants me to check back again in 24 hours for an update. :(
DrunkenDemon
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/12 11:20:58 (permalink)
Both my eVGA cards were left at the door by UPS and were not sent signature required. Maybe they only do the signature required on the 3090s though.

Most of the update scans you get from UPS are not the actually package but the trailer it is in getting scanned which updates the packages in it. I would give it to Monday to update with actual scans and most of UPS does not operate on weekends so you won't see much movement until then anyways. Also check with your neighbors too. Filing the claim was a good idea to at least get the ball rolling. Hope it turns up.
EVGATech_DanielM
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 1132
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/12 11:29:52 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2020/12/15 09:05:00
Signature requirements are to be requested by the buyer at the time of checkout. This is in the check out procedure. We have seen cases where UPS will disregard this - we do not have any control over that. If you are in a high traffic area we always suggest to have a signature requirement. PayPal orders automatically have this added. We can only allow UPS to determine if the item was stolen or not - EVGA cannot make this determination as while we are the shipper we do not delegate the outcome of a UPS investigation. Best practice is to always check with your neighbors first. Especially due to the holiday season we always suggest customers be more vigilant and understand that package theft is very high around these times. EVGA will be the only ones to conclude a lost package investigation - while you may have started it with UPS, you did not ship it, EVGA did. We always suggest to all us during normal business hours in the event a package has gone missing. UPS investigations can take anywhere from 8-10 business day but due to the current climate along with the holiday season this may take longer. EVGA can only wait until UPS has concluded their investigation to take action. We suggest to start a support ticket on EVGA.com or sending us an email to look into your issues. Support@EVGA.com 
rlb9682
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1049
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/12 11:32:40 (permalink)
I've had that happen when they didn't actually deliver the package. I think sometimes it's just easier, unfortunately, for the driver to mark it as done for the day so they can go home. On the plus side, when that happens the package is delivered the next day. 

I had this same thing happen is September with some tools and the very next day the package was delivered. 
It also helps to file online with USPS about the delivery. I did that and they called within an hour or so of completing the online form.

I know this is the last thing you want to hear, but be patient. 

Affiliate Code: PD1HHD50JK

doorules
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4504
  • Ribbons : 21
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/12 11:43:58 (permalink)
When my first 3090 from EVGA was delivered from UPS they just left it on my doorstep. Even though I had paid the extra few bucks to have it sent signature required. Just lucky I got to it first.
jd760
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/13 17:38:37 (permalink)
Just thought I'd give an update. Still no luck on the card actually turning up + seems to be a pain trying to get a hold of anyone on the phone at UPS. However, the tracking still says:
Update:
Scheduled Delivery
Check back tomorrow for an updated delivery date.

I'm hoping the delivery driver just marked it "delivered" ahead of time(thinking he'd get to it, but didn't)... Regardless, if it doesn't show tomorrow then I will contact EVGA also.

thanks
NotoriouS^
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 144
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/13 18:00:03 (permalink)
I know people have had issues with Fedex and UPS but UPS is the absolute worst shipper ever. At least with FedEx you can get a live person on the phone without having to jump through 37 hoops to do so. The shipping industry has been hit hard with COVID and a influx of higher demand and shipping needs causing them to hire just about anyone off the street to run a route. I hate it EVGA uses UPS but at least you can sign up for the UPS MyChoice and redirect your packages to the nearest UPS store or HUB. 

Just twice last week UPS left packages at my door that were not mine and walked them to my neighbors house 4 houses down. It's like you had one job..
This scares me to death with having a 3090 on the way to me possibly this upcoming week. I will redirect it to a UPS store for pickup.

i9 10900K | MSI MEG Z490 ACE | EVGA RTX 3090 K|NGP|N Hydro Copper | G.Skill TridentZ 3600MHz 32GB | Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 | PNY XLR8 2TB NVMe M.2 | EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 |

Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3426
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/13 18:18:19 (permalink)
This is why you put signature required on your shipment, the peace of mind is worth the $4.

Sounds to me like UPS was aware (or made aware by whoever they delivered it to) that they delivered it to the wrong place, and picked it back up to deliver it correctly. 

Hopefully you get your card & it's fine :-D Good luck.

ModRigs: https://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=42891  
Specs:
5950x @ 4.7GHz 1.3V - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero - eVGA 1200W P2 - 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver @ 3800 CL14
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC w/ Core: 2850MHz @ 1000mV, Mem: +1500MHz - Samsung Odyssey G9 49" Super-Ultrawide 240Hz Monitor

KingEngineRevUp
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1030
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/13 18:59:20 (permalink)
NotoriouS^
I know people have had issues with Fedex and UPS but UPS is the absolute worst shipper ever. At least with FedEx you can get a live person on the phone without having to jump through 37 hoops to do so. The shipping industry has been hit hard with COVID and a influx of higher demand and shipping needs causing them to hire just about anyone off the street to run a route. I hate it EVGA uses UPS but at least you can sign up for the UPS MyChoice and redirect your packages to the nearest UPS store or HUB. 

Just twice last week UPS left packages at my door that were not mine and walked them to my neighbors house 4 houses down. It's like you had one job..
This scares me to death with having a 3090 on the way to me possibly this upcoming week. I will redirect it to a UPS store for pickup.

I think it depends where you live.

FedEx delivery of one of my bikes

https://i.imgur.com/KVg9Hef.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xbO9d55.jpg

Another bike

https://i.imgur.com/dcafXrZ.jpg

And my bike rack

https://i.imgur.com/TO8tu6L.jpg

I have more photos of FedEx deliveries and they have been HORRIBLE.

UPS has been far better where I live.
ex90ranger
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/14 05:51:19 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2020/12/14 06:03:41
when I was waiting on my 3080, I actually signed up for a UPS account.  doing that, once it was listed as "out for delivery" I was given a map showing where the driver was.  similar to how amazon does it, but with UPS I was getting map updates starting at 8am and it was not delivered until 4:30.  it was really nice because I was able to tell when the driver was in my area.  flip side of that, was watching the driver go to McDonalds and the gas station down the street multiple times between 11 and 1.  LOL

good luck, and I hope it does finally show up.  

Main system
Intel 6850k / Asus Rampage Extreme V Edition 10 / 32g 3200 Corsair Dominator RGB / EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra / Samsung 950 pro NVME 500g / Samsung 850 Evo 1t / Samsung 850 Evo 1t
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/J4CLrH

Media system
AMD 3400g / Asus Strix B450-i / 16g 3600 Corsair Dominator RGB / Samsung 970 Evo 500g / Samsung 850 Evo 500g
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/vyf9TW

Both systems installed in Phantex Enthoo 719 Dual system case powered by Phantex Revolt X 1200 dual system PSU
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30996
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/14 06:05:47 (permalink)
ex90ranger
when I was waiting on my 3080, I actually signed up for a UPS account.  doing that, once it was listed as "out for delivery" I was given a map showing where the driver was.  similar to how amazon does it, but with UPS I was getting map updates starting at 8am and it was not delivered until 4:30.  it was really nice because I was able to tell when the driver was in my area.  flip side of that, was watching the driver go to McDonalds and the gas station down the street multiple times between 11 and 1.  LOL

good luck, and I hope it does finally show up.  

I have used the "live" tracking

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/14 07:18:00 (permalink)
Believe it or not, UPS is trying to protect their employees since signatures required people to touch the tracking palm pilot thing that UPS uses. That thing was disgusting before COVID, and I always hated touching it.

The problem I have is that UPS isn’t verifying someone is even home. They can still ring a doorbell and just verify the person name that takes the package. The UPS driver can easily type in a name before leaving, but it seems they are taking liberties with how they are conducting business.

Hopefully your card arrives intact.
rlb9682
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1049
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/14 07:26:59 (permalink)
I filled out a missing item form on USPS website this morning for a Priority Mail package that was supposed to be delivered Saturday. The local post office called me about an hour after filling out the form and told me it will be delivered tomorrow---they've been having lots of delays lately. 

My point is, USPS isn't horrible. They do respond if you do the online form...but calling them, yeah good luck lol. 
The live tracking sounds very useful too. I guess I'll sign up for that too. 

Affiliate Code: PD1HHD50JK

DrunkenDemon
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/14 07:34:39 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Believe it or not, UPS is trying to protect their employees since signatures required people to touch the tracking palm pilot thing that UPS uses. That thing was disgusting before COVID, and I always hated touching it.

The problem I have is that UPS isn’t verifying someone is even home. They can still ring a doorbell and just verify the person name that takes the package. The UPS driver can easily type in a name before leaving, but it seems they are taking liberties with how they are conducting business.

Hopefully your card arrives intact.

I worked for UPS for 10 years, both as union and non-union and can tell you they don't give two cents about their people. UPS will work you to death then move on to the next person and not think twice about it. They are only protecting the company because any employee will gladly sue that place to get a settlement and leave the company. If UPS can make a delivery faster they will, period. If that means leaving your $1500 GPU or a $5 trinket they don't care. Luckily the drivers have the union to protect them, management isn't so lucky.

FYI: If you are social media user their facebook and/or twitter are the best way to get a reaction from them. When I was in sales there a normal complaint or lost package was an email or two. Something that came from facebook was an email followed by multiple phone calls because it is more public than a call to customer service.
post edited by Sajin - 2020/12/14 08:23:31
jd760
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/14 08:52:34 (permalink)
As of today(12/14/2020), UPS tracking still says "check back tomorrow for an update". Something weird is going on.
I took EVGATech_DanielM's advice and sent an email explaining everything(incl tracking # & order #). Hopefully whatever is going on will get resolved soon.

/me crosses fingers
gian1983
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/14 22:23:52 (permalink)
That sucks, I got doorbell camera and the best money i spent so far 
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/14 22:26:14 (permalink)
jd760
I ordered that 3090 Hybrid from EVGA on Thursday. The shipment confirmation stated that if no one will be home to sign for the package, I could set it to pickup at a local UPS store instead. My girlfriend was home yesterday and told me she'll be around to sign for it. When I got home from work yesterday, the card had not arrived yet. I checked the tracking and it was checked off as "Delivered - left at front door." - I thought "what!?!? why would it just be left at the door!?"... Ended up walking all around outside in case it was left somewhere else, even checked with my neighbors. No package anywhere....  My girlfriend said no one even knocked on the door.

I ended up having to file a claim with UPS. Have not actually heard form anyone at UPS yet, but notice the tracking # now says "Update: Scheduled delivery" and wants me to check back again in 24 hours for an update. :(

EVGA will probably have to make the claim with UPS since they sent it.
I've had several times when UPS tracking marked packages as delivered when they hadn't delivered yet, in once case it wasn't delivered until a day or two later.
I believe when I ordered my 3090, there was an option to request signature required (extra cost if I recall correctly), which I did.

jd760
Just thought I'd give an update. Still no luck on the card actually turning up + seems to be a pain trying to get a hold of anyone on the phone at UPS. However, the tracking still says:
Update:
Scheduled DeliveryCheck back tomorrow for an updated delivery date. I'm hoping the delivery driver just marked it "delivered" ahead of time(thinking he'd get to it, but didn't)... Regardless, if it doesn't show tomorrow then I will contact EVGA also. thanks

Oh good, sounds like the driver did not deliver it. Fingers crossed for you.

post edited by Nereus - 2020/12/14 22:32:16

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

royleijiang
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/14 23:43:53 (permalink)
Fedex, UPS or any carrier will not ask for signature even the package requires to due to COVID. If you got lucky, the driver will knock the door, or the package will be left silently. You'd better sign on the SMS notification for your delivery, at least you know what day and time it is delivered. And it is a good reason to have front door camera.

If the package is missing or stolen, chances are very small to relocate it. From my previous, only USPS may able to talk to the postman, other carriers just sucks. You should let EVGA to claim it with UPS since EVGA is the shipper, USP does not care receiver.
gian1983
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/15 04:52:44 (permalink)
Had some issues with ups in past but i dont understand why the driver sign a package and leave it at the door step in plain sight. If i don't authorize a release you cannot leave the package 
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30996
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/15 09:06:45 (permalink)
Nereus
jd760

EVGA will probably have to make the claim with UPS since they sent it.
I've had several times when UPS tracking marked packages as delivered when they hadn't delivered yet, in once case it wasn't delivered until a day or two later.
I believe when I ordered my 3090, there was an option to request signature required (extra cost if I recall correctly), which I did.

jd760
Update:
Scheduled DeliveryCheck back tomorrow for an updated delivery date. I'm hoping the delivery driver just marked it "delivered" ahead of time(thinking he'd get to it, but didn't)... Regardless, if it doesn't show tomorrow then I will contact EVGA also. thanks

Oh good, sounds like the driver did not deliver it. Fingers crossed for you.

Yes, I believe EVGA - (the shipper) Must request the trace

--> See Post 3   (I just marked it Helpful so it will standout better)
(Excerpt)

EVGA will be the only ones to conclude a lost package investigation - while you may have started it with UPS, you did not ship it, EVGA did. We always suggest to all us during normal business hours in the event a package has gone missing. UPS investigations can take anywhere from 8-10 business day but due to the current climate along with the holiday season this may take longer. EVGA can only wait until UPS has concluded their investigation to take action.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

gabolton
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 229
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/15 09:48:14 (permalink)
I had the same experience as many others with UPS.

Paid for signature required service, was home the day my 3080 FTW Ultra was delivered and the only reason I was aware it had been delivered was when I got the delivery email from UPS. Have to say that delivery person must've been a ninja as our dog, Diesel, has taken it as his mission in life to protect us from delivery drivers and squirrels and he never lost his mind when the package was delivered.

10G-P5-3885-KR 9/17/2020 5:57:01 PM Yes
10G-P5-3897-KR 9/17/2020 5:56:32 PM Yes

Current Specs
i9-10850k @5.0
Asus Strix Z490-E
Seasonic Prime TX-1000
Corsair Dominator Platinum 3466 2x 16gb
FTW3 Ultra 3080 (with black lips)
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB Nvme
Crucial MX500 2 TB ssd
Arctic Freezer 280 Rev 2
7x Noctua AF-A12x25 pwm fans
Lian-Li O11 Dynamic XL
QingFengX
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 108
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/15 10:43:15 (permalink)
That sucks
pompss
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 123
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/15 10:54:23 (permalink)
Well happen sometime but ups still better then fedex or usps 
ctn2mb
  • Total Posts : 99
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/16 14:59:41 (permalink)
this happened to me and best buy still hasn't refunded me 
jd760
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/16 20:16:53 (permalink)
The card still has not shown up yet and no word from UPS yet either. EVGA emailed me back on Tuesday informing me that if the package does not arrive in the next few days, they will file a claim with UPS. As for the signature bit, yeah I'm aware that they don't ask for your signature even if it's requested(because of COVID-19). That and as I mentioned originally, my gf was home all day that day and informed me that no one ever knocked or rang the door bell.

I just hope I still get the card and not a refund. That and I'll request to pick it up at a UPS store this time.
yaggaz
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1509
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/16 21:27:00 (permalink)
Nereus

Me too.  Many, many times I saw the claim it was delivered only to get it the next day, and sometimes even multiple days later.

||  CPU: Intel 10700k   ||  GPU:  evga 3080 XC3 Ultra Hybrid ||  MB: Gigabyte z490 UD AC  || RAM: 2 x 16GB 3000mhz DDR4 SDRAM  || Samsung EVO 970 Plus 2TB   ||    Dell S2417DG Monitor    ||  Soundblaster AE-7  ||  Phanteks p400a Case  ||   be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim CPU Cooler  ||  Corsair AX1600i PSU  ||  9 Fans total in system ||
Cadillac94pimpin
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 182
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/16 21:34:21 (permalink)
Fedex has left 2 iphone 12 PROs at my door in the last month. Both were sig required. One was just left without even a knock and they signed my name, the other I was able to talk to them via my Ring Doorbell and they signed my name and left it. The 3rd one, they said they just need someone to be there before they leave it and don't technically require an actual signature. I think EVGA just gives an option to add it for a fee. 

I used to work for an Ecom company and the UPS claims can take some time and sometimes the full 10 biz days or at least 8. They may interview the driver that had delivered the package as part of the investigation, then they will reach out to EVGA and declare weather the package was lost or stolen. Most of the time they do. It sucks you have to go through all that and the wait time is just standard UPS claim procedure, but if the end conclusion is lost/stolen, I would assume after all that concludes, EVGA would re order it for you. 

Hope it works out for you. 

i9-9900K
EVGA 3090 KPE (PUSH PULL)
MSI Z390 MEG ACE
32 GB 3200 MHZ
CORSAIR H150i Pro
WD BLACK SN750
SEASONIC 850W Focus Gold+
Lian Li O11D XL + 10x LL120s+3xML 120s
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10102
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/16 21:45:24 (permalink)
gian1983
That sucks, I got doorbell camera and the best money i spent so far 

It’s pretty inexpensive and gives piece of mind. Unfortunately it seems with the pandemic drivers are not even knocking or asking for a signature. I just had two iPhones delivered today and just got a knock on the door. Luckily the driver had waited until I opened the door before he left.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

coldrain85
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 439
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/16 21:46:39 (permalink)
Sometimes carriers will deliver packages to the US post office in my town. At that point, they say "delivered". Someone from the post office then brings the package the rest of the way. My house is less than 2 minutes away from the post office by car so someone will usually drive it over the same day.

UPS often does this, at least where I live, and I guess the "signature required" part is handled by someone at the post office. Then, the EXPENSIVE package is left in my unsecured mailbox. This happened to me with a bag of silver dimes last summer. I knew they were coming so I was watching for them, but still.

In the case of the missing GPU, my guess is that it either got lost (unlikely), or someone in the delivery chain stole it (likely). I doubt it ever made it as far as your doorstep.

10G-P5-3898-KR    12/16/2020    9:08:44 AM PT   Yes  (Purchased on 6/8/2021)
12G-P5-3968-KR   6/3/2021   8:52:51 AM PT      Yes (Purchased on 1/5/2022)
jd760
Re: 3090 order was possibly stolen .... 2020/12/21 14:44:23 (permalink)
Last Friday was a full week after I was supposed to receive the card and it still had not showed. I let EVGA know.
As of today(Monday, 12/21/2020) still no card and currently waiting to hear back from EVGA.
Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile