EVGA

3060 XC Gaming Fans Constantly Start/Stop & Noise

Author
c0unt3rfeit
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/09/09 14:00:46 (permalink)
I've been running my new EVGA 3060 XC Gaming for almost a week now and just noticed a fairly audible noise coming from one of the fans when it starts spinning up. Then I realized that the fans are in a loop, constantly starting and stopping for seemingly no reason. This happens at idle.. no software open.. nothing going on. I'm running the latest NVIDIA driver. No OC. Card is set to default. I can't attach the video or even include the link to the video unfortunately (I'm a new member). Any thoughts? 

**UPDATE** As soon as the GPU hits 56.5 C the fans start up, lower the temp a bit, fans stop, temp goes up, fans come on and get stuck in a loop, then they eventually stop and it starts all over again. So basically I can 1. keep it colder in my office lol 2. Crank up my case fans more or 3. Custom fan curve for the GPU so the fans are ALWAYS running at a low speed while at idle. Any other suggestions? I wouldn't really care if it wasn't for the audible noise every time the fans started spinning up..
post edited by c0unt3rfeit - 2021/09/09 14:55:10

3 Replies Related Threads

TERMiNAL_
    • Total Posts : 23
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: 3060 XC Gaming Fans Constantly Start/Stop & Noise 2021/11/04 16:11:43 (permalink)
    my 3060 ti EVGA card's fans spin at 44c and it's annoying as hell, theres no way for me to change it.
    Flint 1760
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8295
    • Ribbons : 45
    Re: 3060 XC Gaming Fans Constantly Start/Stop & Noise 2021/11/04 17:20:00 (permalink)
    Have both of you set custom fan curves in X1 and clicked apply?  The other option is to use Afterburner and set a custom fan curve.  One other point is to make your graphed fan curve a curve, not step increases.

Full disclosure, I only use X1 for controlling LEDs on my block as I prefer Afterburner for controlling the GPU.  Also, I don't have GPU fans.

post edited by Flint 1760 - 2021/11/04 17:33:15

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31075
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: 3060 XC Gaming Fans Constantly Start/Stop & Noise 2021/11/04 17:33:19 (permalink)
    c0unt3rfeit
    I've been running my new EVGA 3060 XC Gaming for almost a week now and just noticed a fairly audible noise coming from one of the fans when it starts spinning up. Then I realized that the fans are in a loop, constantly starting and stopping for seemingly no reason. This happens at idle.. no software open.. nothing going on. I'm running the latest NVIDIA driver. No OC. Card is set to default. I can't attach the video or even include the link to the video unfortunately (I'm a new member). Any thoughts? 

**UPDATE** As soon as the GPU hits 56.5 C the fans start up, lower the temp a bit, fans stop, temp goes up, fans come on and get stuck in a loop, then they eventually stop and it starts all over again. So basically I can 1. keep it colder in my office lol 2. Crank up my case fans more or 3. Custom fan curve for the GPU so the fans are ALWAYS running at a low speed while at idle. Any other suggestions? I wouldn't really care if it wasn't for the audible noise every time the fans started spinning up..

change the fan temp hysteresis (from 0) to something like 5 -  Once the fans start, they should run until the GPU cools by 5 C

try different hysteresis numbers to see what works best for your setup.

Fan curve has to be set As the fan control also, there is a check box

what MHz is your GPU at idle ?

what display are you using @ what settings ?

What hardware & how is your PC setup ?  Case, CPU cooled how ?........

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile