EVGA

Hot!120-PG-0750-GR cpu connections

Author
justin_gah@hotmail.com
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/02/23 11:51:52 (permalink)
I am trying to use Part Number: 120-PG-0750-GR (EVGA SuperNOVA 750 PG, 80 Plus GOLD 750W)
On a rebuild with a server in a new case, problem i am having is when i plug in the sata cable that supplies 4 hard drives with a 8 pin connection (same connection as CPU power cord) system in cpu2 header and cpu plug into cpu1 header, system will not power up. cpu by itself can be plugged in either header and system boots but once i plug in 2nd one system will not boot.. Can only one header be used at a time ad too much power is being drawn.

1 Reply Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30582
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: 120-PG-0750-GR cpu connections 2024/02/23 12:43:36 (permalink)
    justin_gah@hotmail.com
    I am trying to use Part Number: 120-PG-0750-GR (EVGA SuperNOVA 750 PG, 80 Plus GOLD 750W)
    On a rebuild with a server in a new case, problem i am having is when i plug in the sata cable that supplies 4 hard drives with a 8 pin connection (same connection as CPU power cord) system in cpu2 header and cpu plug into cpu1 header, system will not power up. cpu by itself can be plugged in either header and system boots but once i plug in 2nd one system will not boot.. Can only one header be used at a time ad too much power is being drawn.

Welcome to the EVGA forums & Congrats on your first thread

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

1) I'm not sure if I follow, are you plugging the HD cable that you have, into the PSU socket for the CPU1 or CPU2?
    ---> Check the pinout as every PSU can have a different setup, that the factory wires change to the standard connection for the intended device

---> Only use factory wires (came with PSU) to connect to the PSU to any device, unless you can verify that the wire you want to use is compatible

2) That is a multi rail PSU, you need to manually balance the load

EVGA 120-PG-0750-GR product PDF

EVGA 120-PG-0750-GR specs PDF

EVGA 120-PG-0750-GR Article page

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile