Star Citizen (Squadron 42): The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims

Page: << < ..2122232425 > Showing page 23 of 25
Author
EVGATech_JaesonW
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 910
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 5
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/06/08 09:26:39 (permalink)
Oh yes, the Redeemer shall be mine. *drool*

EVGA Customer Service Manager
Have a moment? Please rate our service 
MmmmmisterCrow
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1655
  • Ribbons : 13
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/06/08 11:45:56 (permalink)
I'm happy with the winner.  Too bad it's locked in the hangar, I was really hoping to walk through it.

TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 4893
  • Ribbons : 46
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/06/08 14:45:15 (permalink)
Yeah, that looks cool, I was so amped to get out into Space I forgot to explore more..... will do it once I am home.

Off the top of your head, anyone know the command for showing the FPS.  I'm performing well, just curious.
post edited by EVGATech_DaveB - 2014/06/08 14:47:47
MmmmmisterCrow
FTW Member
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/06/08 15:51:18 (permalink)
The Cryengine command is r_displayinfo = 1 but I don't think it has ever worked, so I just use MSI Afterburner.

TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/06/08 20:03:39 (permalink)
Got some time in the Dogfighting part, tried the Hornet and the 300i.  300i I understeered a lot, and really had to be more mindfull of inertia, the Hornet I oversteered a bit and was a little touchy, may also be my 15YO stick too....

How long does the Vanduul Swarm last, how many waves?

It got unstable after a while though, sound was HOSED in slow motion and reverby, worse the sound got the more it jerked.  Dropped 3 waves before the game whigged out on me.  Still very fun.

Spent a bunch of time in free slight, basically getting used to inertia, and how close can I cut corners and how tight can I turn without bumping things.
EricBanach
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/06/09 06:53:55 (permalink)
EVGATech_DaveB

How long does the Vanduul Swarm last, how many waves?

15 waves
Slimshiesty
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2933
  • Ribbons : 5
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/06/10 17:59:01 (permalink)
Have not gotten into any dog fighting yet.
Just exploring, and trying to set my x52 pro up.

Its working just right !!
Tried mouse = Suck !!

Now if this thread could just overcome all this console madness, and E3.

CPU  Intel i7 6700K @ 4.0 GHz 
MB   MSI Z170A Gaming 7
GPU  EVGA GTX 1070ti FTW2
MEM Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000 2X8GB
PSU  EVGA Supernova 850 G2
CASE Thermaltake View 31 TG

Halo_003
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12859
  • Ribbons : 51
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/06/17 20:30:55 (permalink)
Dogfighting is freaking awesome. I'm having more fun playing a pre Alpha singleplayer game than I have play MP BF4. 

Regarding controls... https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13951-Flight-Model-And-Input-Controls

Having played with it more, I actually like flying with the mouse, it's challenging yes but quite fun. I've been thinking of making a gameplay video. What waves have you guys gotten to so far? I tried Vandull Swarm today and have gotten to 11 thus far. I wish I could fly the M50 though, can not wait for it to be worked on and in the hangar. I'm waiting on the game to get closer before I start upgrading peripherals and hardware, it's just too early IMO right now.

i7 7700K - ASUS Maximus IX Apex - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3466MHz C16 - 5700 XT 50th Anniversary

Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/06/17 20:49:55 (permalink)
Halo_003
Dogfighting is freaking awesome. I'm having more fun playing a pre Alpha singleplayer game than I have play MP BF4. 

Regarding controls... https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13951-Flight-Model-And-Input-Controls

Having played with it more, I actually like flying with the mouse, it's challenging yes but quite fun. I've been thinking of making a gameplay video. What waves have you guys gotten to so far? I tried Vandull Swarm today and have gotten to 11 thus far. I wish I could fly the M50 though, can not wait for it to be worked on and in the hangar. I'm waiting on the game to get closer before I start upgrading peripherals and hardware, it's just too early IMO right now.

I'm excited about when PU goes live with my Idris-P. Now that is going to be fun.

Halo_003
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/06/17 21:06:16 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
Halo_003

I'm excited about when PU goes live with my Idris-P. Now that is going to be fun.

Seriously! I'm looking forward to running the M50 past your Idris. 

Or.... Landing inside and crewing with you. 

i7 7700K - ASUS Maximus IX Apex - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3466MHz C16 - 5700 XT 50th Anniversary

seta8967
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1813
  • Ribbons : 2
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/06/17 23:18:33 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
And 4Horseman takes TNGS. No surprise because of better presentation. My guess is both ships will be in game though. And no theme issues because one is Origin other is Aegis.

CR hinted that Shard and 3Dingo will be in game. It seems some of the teams (I want to say Cryo but don't quote me) got butt hurt and stopped development of their ship and so they are dead ends now.

EVGATech_DaveB
Yeah, that looks cool, I was so amped to get out into Space I forgot to explore more..... will do it once I am home.

Off the top of your head, anyone know the command for showing the FPS.  I'm performing well, just curious.

You have to take a screenshot then hit the comman promp (~ i think) and it will show your fps at the time of the screenshot.

Also the first 10K (up from first 250) are now invited to the multi-player dog fighting.

Edit: Brad_Hawthorne, are you going to invite people to take tours of the idris when it comes out?
Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/06/18 01:53:15 (permalink)
seta8967

Edit: Brad_Hawthorne, are you going to invite people to take tours of the idris when it comes out?

The idea of just having a bunch of random people running around my Idris doesn't sound all that appealing. The people I want on the Idris will be people I've grouped with long enough to know they aren't going to do something terminally dumb on a bridge console. That'll take grouping up with them a few times. Not sure the Idris will be used until I can muster a group of people I've played with in smaller ships first. Probably build the Idris bridge crew from whoever runs with me initially with my Constellation. That way I'll know we're all capable of co-op multi-player ship use.

One thing I think SC will have a conceptual problem with is the idea of not everyone is a ship Captain. SC is going to need a bunch of people who aren't in it for that and they have to make the bridge officer positions interesting enough to make that viable. In the 90's I played Star Trek MU* text based games. They had full combat, space and medical systems. You would work your way up from Starfleet Academy, graduate with the core basic knowledge of the game systems then get assigned to a ship and work your way up the command structure. In a lot of ways I think that is something SC needs too. The idea that you have to leave the UEE Navy at the end of Squadron 45 is sort of disappointing. Also not heard of anything like merchant guilds that do similar training and rank systems yet. I suppose some of the orgs need to setup that sort of training infrastructure themselves along with the hierarchy.
post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2014/06/18 02:05:49
seta8967
FTW Member
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/06/18 02:37:18 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
seta8967

The idea of just having a bunch of random people running around my Idris doesn't sound all that appealing. The people I want on the Idris will be people I've grouped with long enough to know they aren't going to do something terminally dumb on a bridge console. That'll take grouping up with them a few times. Not sure the Idris will be used until I can muster a group of people I've played with in smaller ships first. Probably build the Idris bridge crew from whoever runs with me initially with my Constellation. That way I'll know we're all capable of co-op multi-player ship use.

One thing I think SC will have a conceptual problem with is the idea of not everyone is a ship Captain. SC is going to need a bunch of people who aren't in it for that and they have to make the bridge officer positions interesting enough to make that viable. In the 90's I played Star Trek MU* text based games. They had full combat, space and medical systems. You would work your way up from Starfleet Academy, graduate with the core basic knowledge of the game systems then get assigned to a ship and work your way up the command structure. In a lot of ways I think that is something SC needs too. The idea that you have to leave the UEE Navy at the end of Squadron 45 is sort of disappointing. Also not heard of anything like merchant guilds that do similar training and rank systems yet. I suppose some of the orgs need to setup that sort of training infrastructure themselves along with the hierarchy.

I meant during Alpha/Beta when you can just push x to reset the ship. I completly understand you though for the PU, if I had been home instead of being deployed off I would have got the Idris. I have resigned to the constellation right now.

I have to agree with you about not everyone being a ship captain. I imagine ship captains like Fleet Commanders in EvE, it’s an intense and demanding position. You are constantly on-call for help, there is no “I can only play for 30 mins”. You will be expected to take lead and know every ships weakness and strength. Bridge Officers I am curious on how this will work in game and not just written on paper. I would gladly serve as a Bridge Officer if done correctly and had meaning that a simple AI could do just as good of a job.

I hope there is a merchant guild, pirate, explorer etc etc training story to kinda help people understand what is needed to go down those paths.
MmmmmisterCrow
FTW Member
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/06/18 09:35:17 (permalink)
seta8967
Brad_Hawthorne
seta8967

I meant during Alpha/Beta when you can just push x to reset the ship. I completly understand you though for the PU, if I had been home instead of being deployed off I would have got the Idris. I have resigned to the constellation right now.

I have to agree with you about not everyone being a ship captain. I imagine ship captains like Fleet Commanders in EvE, it’s an intense and demanding position. You are constantly on-call for help, there is no “I can only play for 30 mins”. You will be expected to take lead and know every ships weakness and strength. Bridge Officers I am curious on how this will work in game and not just written on paper. I would gladly serve as a Bridge Officer if done correctly and had meaning that a simple AI could do just as good of a job.

I hope there is a merchant guild, pirate, explorer etc etc training story to kinda help people understand what is needed to go down those paths.

I think the successful ships in a battle will be the ones where the command structure is properly obeyed.  If you have a good captain with high awareness who can relay orders, they'll always win against a rag-tag group of players all barking orders and clogging up the voice comms. Guns of Icarus is a good example of that.  The successful teams are the calm orderly ones.

sorbert
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 221
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/06/18 10:47:02 (permalink)
well hopefully this weekend i can try the MP out since dont have time this week with my work schedule 

Ryzen 5800x3d, 32gb 3200 ddr4, kraken x62, gigabyte x370 k7, aorus master 3080, Evga 850 p2, Samsung 970 evo plus 2tb, Crucial MX300 1 TB, 4x wd blue m2 ssd on a converter m2 to sata
Oldie But Good: Cooler Master 942 HAF X, Xeon X5690, Swiftech H220X, EVGA x58 FTW3 ,24gb samsung ecc 1333 , EVGA GTX 780 ftw acx, Corsair ax850, Samsung 840 pro 256, 120gb Corsair Force, 1tb wd Black 64mb, Win 10 

Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/06/18 12:08:03 (permalink)
seta8967
Brad_Hawthorne
seta8967

In an Arena Command + FPS sim portion of the game I wouldn't have any issue, but in PU I'd be a bit worried. I think in order for them to get proper numbers testing the Arena Commander + FPS boarding sim part that they'll have it available to everyone as a capture the flag scenario that'll probably even be available against AI Idris.
seta8967
FTW Member
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/06/20 02:14:04 (permalink)
anyone interested in the Xi'an Scout, it will be on sale tomorrow/soon. So watch out for it.
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/06/29 10:50:09 (permalink)
Xi'an Scout definitely looked nice, but then I saw the price tag.  I still need a good HOTAS for this, so that pricetag is definitely a no-go for me, unfortunately.

Brad, totally with you on a good crew....more of a fighter pilot myself, but I wouldn't mind trying it for the experience sometime.  At very least, even if I don't get a chance to try my hand working in a big ship, I can definitely fly along side your Irdis sometime in my Hornet  :)
Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/07/03 06:55:40 (permalink)
If you've not gotten your new citizen card in the mail it should arrive shortly.

Halo_003
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/07/03 17:54:30 (permalink)
MP invites are opened up to 200K backers now, but good luck getting in a game.

seta8967
FTW Member
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/07/05 19:23:06 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
If you've not gotten your new citizen card in the mail it should arrive shortly.

I wish I could get this card. I was deployed and whenever i went to kickstarter on our commercial internet it was either blocked or the connection to slow to load. I think I spent 3 hours on a off-day trying to get a scythe and I got disconnected and had to restart which disconnected again and then I needed to go to the gym. If I could I would pay to get my own made, just need to know who to contact.

I am in the multiplayer, but can't play seems their Australian server isn't up. Being stationed in Japan and no Asian server causes me too much lag to play. hoping they adjust their server some more.
 Was able to get into 1 game, took down a hornet and a 300i, before being disconnected. So I guess thats pretty good, but my internet haunts me wherever I go.
post edited by seta8967 - 2014/07/05 19:28:12
seta8967
FTW Member
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/07/11 03:34:01 (permalink)
For anyone following this game, the Gladius ( Aegis light fighter) will be on sale tomorrow for 1 week for 80 dollars.
Havalynii
  • Total Posts : 16
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/07/31 02:06:55 (permalink)
Can't wait for the Star Citizen HOTAS to be revealed.  My poor, poor wallet.
Halo_003
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/08/01 21:15:51 (permalink)
M50 is on sale again. I got one last Nov. and tested it in the hangar today. BEAUTIFUL little ship.

TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/08/11 12:16:40 (permalink)
Havalynii

That's official, there is a Star Citizen HOTAS?  Who is making it?   For the record I am fully aware I live under a rock and that is likely how I missed it  :)   Got a link?
seta8967
FTW Member
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/08/12 06:31:44 (permalink)
EVGATech_DaveB
Havalynii

That's official, there is a Star Citizen HOTAS?  Who is making it?   For the record I am fully aware I live under a rock and that is likely how I missed it  :)   Got a link?

I sont have a link, but there was a vote and discussion of a SC HOTAS. we have yet to even see a prototype
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/08/12 12:40:14 (permalink)
Ahh, ok.  I wouldn't mind at all, as I would likely only use it for SC and some other space based games, since I was looking at a HOTAS, this only makes sense.
Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/08/15 11:46:34 (permalink)
15 minutes till the SC Gamescomm event live stream on Twitch:

http://www.twitch.tv/roberts_space_ind_ch_1
MmmmmisterCrow
FTW Member
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/08/15 14:16:03 (permalink)
That was a much better event than the past few, despite a few hiccups.

muskie32
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3235
  • Ribbons : 23
Re:Squadron 42: The Fight for PC Gaming and Space Sims 2014/09/13 23:54:41 (permalink)
Anyone been playing arena commander? 

Since the new hanger patch I am unable to view more than 8 ships in the hanger. Anyone know of a fix for this, or is it just a common bug? 
Page: << < ..2122232425 > Showing page 23 of 25
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile