Geforce Experience

Author
Slim_Mat
  • Total Posts : 33
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2013/02/28 05:39:06 (permalink)
http://www.geforce.com/drivers/geforce-experience

I went looking for new drivers today and found this. What say you, maniacvvv? Is this program worth using? Express install seems like a terrible option, but what about the custom install thingo?

System Specs
1 x calculator, 1 x fatherboard, 2 x data storage, 2 x picture makers, 3 x viewports, 1 x butan masher, 1 x rodent, 1 powerplant. :colbert:

8 Replies Related Threads

muelo1000
    • Total Posts : 69
    Re:Geforce Experience 2013/02/28 05:59:11 (permalink)
    Hate it, it suck ......and crashes some times it deff needs some work ...just my opinion
    chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7220
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re:Geforce Experience 2013/02/28 07:55:28 (permalink)
    Slim_Mat

I went looking for new drivers today and found this. What say you, maniacvvv? Is this program worth using? Express install seems like a terrible option, but what about the custom install thingo?

I would not use the program for installing drivers, I turn off all the auto install, download and notifications. I just manually check and then install the drivers the old way. I have noticed that the program does a pretty good job with profiles. It makes the games run pretty smooth. Of course, I could do it myself, but this program makes it so I can be lazy and let it take care of things. I don't let it auto update game profiles either, I only optimize when I have looked over the optimal settings first. 
    messickmeister
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re:Geforce Experience 2013/02/28 08:38:30 (permalink)
    I would say play around with it and learn how too use it
    be sure too read the PDF User Guide
    also before installing GFE uninstall Nvidia update
    GFE in the very near future(couple months) will become Mandatory install for all Nvidia users
    see this video at 0:33:38 Tom Petersen explains it's importance (cant link vid do to someone's ignorance)
     so go too PCper dot com and see there review on the Titan the vid is part of the review

NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN Performance Review and Frame Rating Update

that entire vid is a good watch

post edited by messickmeister - 2013/02/28 08:48:11
    Sniper
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 194
    Re:Geforce Experience 2013/02/28 08:45:15 (permalink)
    Ive been using it for a few months, even with my driver installs. It also does a great job with all my game profiles.  So far so good. But you need to all realize its still in its beta stages. 

Motherboard: EVGA X99 Classified CPU: I7 5820k 4.0Ghz Ram: DOM Platinum 16gb 3200Mhz DDR4 GPU: EVGA 980ti SC+/Backplate  PSU: EVGA 850 G2 HDD:  1tb Mushkin SSD (Storage) 500Gb Samsung 850 pro m.2 (OS)

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102315
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re:Geforce Experience 2013/02/28 08:50:38 (permalink)
    That is correct. This is a developing beta that will be tweaked more to work better.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

maniacvvv
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10053
    • Ribbons : 165
    Re:Geforce Experience 2013/02/28 09:42:21 (permalink)
    Slim_Mat

The GeForce Experience
    My suggestion would be to completely -avoid- using it at this time.

This is a Nvidia "service" that just sounds wonderful. A hassle free Driver installer with automatic video game settings...

Sadly Nvidia management is showing how little it understands about the current state of its own drivers and the Videogames that are played with its hardware.

GeForce Experience is not designed to detect or avoid  possible issues with "other" third party software you might have installed on your system.
    It does not include any features to help users with "existing" Nvidia driver issues, like a broken PhysX install or corrupted OS entries.
    The GeForce Experience is designed around the concept of "one size fits all" Where all user configs are in perfect working order, system OS installs are identical, a users given Nvidia driver status is updated and functioning normally, that third party software that interacts with Nvidia drivers can be completely ignored and that patches to games after release will have no effect on the suggested settings....

Oh if it was only that easy
    Nvidia management appears blind to the facts in this matter, if it thinks that users systems can be hardware scanned to match in-game settings and that its "express" driver install function has reached perfection.

While this "service" -may- actually be helpful to some novice users regarding "suggested" in-game settings...
    -->The inclusion of the Nvidia driver installer functions is a "Honeypot" likely to to produce more serious issues, thus rendering any benefit of suggested settings completely moot.

Dont get me wrong, I would love for this to become the real deal.
    Trouble free Nvidia driver installs, complete Nvidia and OS display driver issue repair and properly detected auto in-game settings as a baseline.
    The problem is the Nvidia management is smoking something, if they think this can be done with the resources, staff levels and funding that is currently provided for the GeForce Experience.

Welcome to the Nvidia GeForce Experience
    NGE has detected a damaged PhysX install. Would you like to repair it? Y
     NGE has detected thrid party background software is running that will interfere with your Nvidia driver install. Shut it down before proceeding with the driver install? Y
    NGE has detected that the last time you played BF3 had screen tearing. Would you like NGE to correct this for you? Y  
    NGE has noted that BF3 is performing improperly. Would you like NGE to reduce browser VRAM loading to correct this? Y
    NGE has detected internet bandwidth issues that are effecting in-game performance. Would you like to view options to correct this? Y

Etc..Etc  

post edited by maniacvvv - 2013/02/28 10:10:38

lilchronic
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 196
    Re:Geforce Experience 2013/02/28 10:18:08 (permalink)
    ive tried it and dont like it

CPU: [link=mailto:5820k@4.7Ghz]5820k@4.7Ghz[/link]  1.28v
    GPU: Titan X Maxwell
    Cooler: custom loop 2x360 rads
    Mobo: x99 SOC Champion
    RAM: 32GB Trident Z 3200Mhz CL14
    Storage:Samsung M.2 250GB 960 Pro or evo?? - 2x Intel 730 480GB raid 0 - 2x Intel 520 120GB raid 0 - 2TB WD Black
    PSU: cooler master V100

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=85257

Slim_Mat
    • Total Posts : 33
    Re:Geforce Experience 2013/03/01 01:22:11 (permalink)
    Thanks for the replies. I was hoping that Nvidia had magicked up some wizzbang utility but I guess not.

System Specs
    1 x calculator, 1 x fatherboard, 2 x data storage, 2 x picture makers, 3 x viewports, 1 x butan masher, 1 x rodent, 1 powerplant. :colbert:

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile