Author
youcanteatthat
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 110
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Flagged as Spam (1)
2020/09/27 17:07:43 (permalink)
when can we expect inventory? i’m looking to buy BOTH the 3080 and 3090 for two separate systems and i find it a little ridiculous that it seems merely dozens are getting out at a time. prove me wrong. when are we getting these cards?

29 Replies Related Threads

vgerik1234
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 301
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/09/27 17:10:43 (permalink)
    Use the search function or read Jacob's twitter. This question has asked probably 50 times since Thursday by people trying to pad their post count to get elite. 

youcanteatthat
    Superclocked Member
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/09/27 17:16:25 (permalink)
    i don’t care about a post count. i care about waiting for days and days for some kind of a chance like everyone else to buy a friggin graphics card only to be dragged along. how hard is it to ramp up production for a launch? how impossible is it to conceive the idea that maybe you should stock up inventory because it’s going to go. are you telling me that the people who’s sole job it is to pay attention to the tech news and community have no idea about the demand for a new product?also, if anyone actually cares about their post count, that’s beyond pathetic. get these damn cards in, we’re not friends here, this is business and i’m buying.

williamr86
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 106
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/09/27 19:17:44 (permalink)
    youcanteatthat
    i don’t care about a post count. i care about waiting for days and days for some kind of a chance like everyone else to buy a friggin graphics card only to be dragged along. how hard is it to ramp up production for a launch? how impossible is it to conceive the idea that maybe you should stock up inventory because it’s going to go. are you telling me that the people who’s sole job it is to pay attention to the tech news and community have no idea about the demand for a new product?also, if anyone actually cares about their post count, that’s beyond pathetic. get these damn cards in, we’re not friends here, this is business and i’m buying.

To be fair, I think this was a mismanagement on Nvidia's part. The board partners have been scrambling to get stock out there. If Nvidia had waited to closer to AMD Navi release, I think most of this would have been avoided. Can't really blame the manufacturers when there was little time to get to market. That being said, I am sure there will be an increase in stock in the following weeks. I just hope I can secure the card I want.

Enjoy Discounts on EVGA items with Discount code: 0HGRCPSXNTZ58R3

eldub0844
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 108
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/09/27 19:22:57 (permalink)
    youcanteatthat

Here's an idea...........how about having STOCK ON HAND before launch, so you're ready for the demand? I know it's crazy, and it's nuts, but not being able to grab a card is just silly!
    tristanmag
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/09/27 19:25:05 (permalink)
    Most of the board partners have hinted at production ramping up significantly through October and into November. Sounds like the initial yields for the 8nm node weren't great and the timelines to market too tight. I would assume cards start regularly showing up in the next few weeks.
    rain2_usa
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 523
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/09/27 19:27:33 (permalink)
    youcanteatthat

World distribution channels are still hampered.  You need to keep that in mind as all AIB's are working hard to make the cards to get it into your hands.  Also the bots had a much larger effect than the industry is used to.  Nobody would be complaining if the bots didn't have a hand in this mess.  Just have to be patient and be vigilant in buying one.  EVGA did say stocks *should* normalize in Oct/Nov as production ramps up to 100%.  Next stock on EVGA's site *may* be this week per Jacbo, but a lot of stock did go to e-tailers/retailers so it's up to them on when they'll get it and release them for sale this week.  EVGA won't know the latter. 

Core i7 6700k
    Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
    2x8GB Team T-Force Vulcan Z 3200Mhz
    EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra
    Corsair AIO? with 3D Printed spacer
    Mushkin 240GB SSD
    1TB NVMe 
    1TB Seagate SSHD
    LG Black BD-Drive UH12NS30
    Seasonic Focus GM-750 80+ Gold
    Silverstone Grandia GD09B HTPC Case
    tristanmag
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/09/27 19:27:47 (permalink)
    eldub0844
    youcanteatthat

Here's an idea...........how about having STOCK ON HAND before launch, so you're ready for the demand? I know it's crazy, and it's nuts, but not being able to grab a card is just silly!

I think it was partially to beat amd to market, but also what you see with anything in marketing.. Build up hype and limit supply to make people crave a product.. I don't think they were expecting bots to buy all the cards though...
    INGREDCOLD
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 221
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/09/27 19:29:19 (permalink)
    I thought Jacob was Quite clear about why supply was low. My understanding was they had to make a running change in production with the cap change.
    Relax the big ones coming

Ryzen 5800x
    X570 Aorus Master
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
    32g Ballistix 3600
    2tb Intel 660 500mb WD Black
    EVGA 850 Super nova 
    EVGA CLC 240mm
    enewt
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 11883
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/09/27 19:40:24 (permalink)
    INGREDCOLD
    I thought Jacob was Quite clear about why supply was low. My understanding was they had to make a running change in production with the cap change.
    Relax the big ones coming

I so hope you are right.  I had to scrape myself off the floor after Wednesday afternoon's drop (or lack thereof).

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
    EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

williamr86
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 106
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/09/27 19:54:32 (permalink)
    Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much. Production seems to be ramping up, and once these scalpers can't get insane prices because people stop panic buying, it will all go back to normal.

Enjoy Discounts on EVGA items with Discount code: 0HGRCPSXNTZ58R3

kayfabe
    • Total Posts : 23
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/10/27 10:38:13 (permalink)
    youcanteatthat how hard is it to ramp up production for a launch?

It's funny to me when people ask rhetorical questions re: international industry and commerce. Anyway, I am reasonably sure it's hard. You can tell by the way they could be making more money if it were easy.
    RainStryke
    The Advocate
    • Total Posts : 15872
    • Ribbons : 60
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/10/27 10:55:45 (permalink)
    The performance increase per unit for Ampere was too great for enterprise to pass up and NVIDIA prioritized that over the general consumer. Consider your self very lucky if you get a card before the end of this year. I don't expect for actual inventory to catch up until Q2 of next year and that's as long as no more pandemic interruptions happen.

Main PC | Secondary PC
    Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
    ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
    32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
    SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
    Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
    Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

ngaugler
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 138
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/10/27 11:07:40 (permalink)
    I wouldn't hold your breath.  The message in September was wait for October.  Now the message in October is wait for November.  Nvidia already said that supply shortages will last throughout 2020.  One should not expect the message to be anything other than wait for next month for the indefinite future.   They claimed there was a demand issue - I don't believe that and neither should anyone else.  They need to stop lying.   Stopped by Best Buy today - they said they have seen maybe one or two in the last month?  Stopped by Micro Center - they said they got 2x 3090s in this week and no 3080s.  It's not EVGA's fault, but they are restricted by contracts and cannot say anything.  Putting pressure on them to attempt to do so is futile.
    dragomirc
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 760
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/10/27 11:08:55 (permalink)
    That was question five weeks ago!

Things are changed on worse, supply is more behind demand, every single day...

nvidia hidden problems becomes more visible under spotlight, every single day...
    mobhill
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 189
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/10/27 11:20:24 (permalink)
    This was a botched launch, no doubt about it, but the fault there lies with Nvidia and their manufacturing partners. EVGA can't do anything about it, unfortunately. This does present a real opportunity for AMD and I am wondering how tomorrow will go. If they can actually have a launch soon of competitive high-end cards, and keep drivers stable, it could be a big knock down for Nvidia.
    BlackRSV4
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/10/27 11:50:23 (permalink)
    It's funny how short people's memories are. It's been the same since the 10 series. A buyer would be lucky if they found a 1080ti in stock for months after it's release. We hear talk about the lackluster release for the 20 series, but it was almost impossible to get a 2080ti for a couple of months after the launch because demand was higher than production. Now that the bots and scalpers have gotten involved, it's just made it worse.

If you're intent on blaming someone, try the retailers who have made no effort to curtail bots. In all honesty, they really don't care who buys products as long as they get paid. Personally, I applaud EVGA in taking the steps they've taken to insure the cards make it into the hands of the end user. No other manufacturers that I've seen are doing that.

Also, let's remember what Gamer's Nexus said. It's not water. It's not food. You're not going to die if you have to wait a few weeks for a graphics card.

I too have a build waiting on a new card. Just be patient and it'll happen when it happens, or we'll all die from the plague and it won't matter anyway.
    mobhill
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 189
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/10/27 12:03:54 (permalink)
    BlackRSV4
    It's funny how short people's memories are. It's been the same since the 10 series. A buyer would be lucky if they found a 1080ti in stock for months after it's release. We hear talk about the lackluster release for the 20 series, but it was almost impossible to get a 2080ti for a couple of months after the launch because demand was higher than production. Now that the bots and scalpers have gotten involved, it's just made it worse.

If you're intent on blaming someone, try the retailers who have made no effort to curtail bots. In all honesty, they really don't care who buys products as long as they get paid. Personally, I applaud EVGA in taking the steps they've taken to insure the cards make it into the hands of the end user. No other manufacturers that I've seen are doing that.

Also, let's remember what Gamer's Nexus said. It's not water. It's not food. You're not going to die if you have to wait a few weeks for a graphics card.

I too have a build waiting on a new card. Just be patient and it'll happen when it happens, or we'll all die from the plague and it won't matter anyway.

Considering OP's username, I figure they knew a card wasn't a matter of life or death.  But you are right, perspective is always advised.

That said, I think people have some right to be annoyed at how the launch was handled, because it was indeed botched. It's not a good look for Nvidia, which also spreads to the partners. And yes, I also applaud EVGA for making the best of a bad situation.
    dragomirc
    SSC Member
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/10/27 12:20:18 (permalink)
    BlackRSV4

You are the one with short memories. 10 series and 20 series had an oversupplied launch comparing with this 30 series shameful fiasco. Blame retailers  who had 5% or less products??
    What improved in SIX weeks?

Wait a few weeks??? It looks more like a few month at least.

This is not about customer need, it is about nvidia failure to harvest scientist/engineers invention and lucidity.
    There is a sheep customer mentality (fool me as much as you want), and I have dignity customer mentality (don't lie to me).
    I simply refuse to accept every stupid lie served by mega corporation.
    BlackRSV4
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/10/27 12:24:16 (permalink)
    Awww. Somebody needs a hug.
    dragomirc
    SSC Member
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/10/27 12:27:00 (permalink)
    BlackRSV4
    Awww. Somebody needs a hug.

Naah, I need a 3080 FTW Ultra :)
    BlackRSV4
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/10/27 12:30:51 (permalink)
    No, you don't "need"... You "want".
    dragomirc
    SSC Member
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/10/27 12:34:31 (permalink)
    BlackRSV4
    No, you don't "need"... You "want".

2070 is enough for 1440p gaming but I want to game on 4K TV, so I need 3080. 
    ngaugler
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 138
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/10/27 12:40:17 (permalink)
    dragomirc

This is not about customer need, it is about nvidia failure to harvest scientist/engineers invention and lucidity.
    There is a sheep customer mentality (fool me as much as you want), and I have dignity customer mentality (don't lie to me).
    I simply refuse to accept every stupid lie served by mega corporation.

This is what confuses me the most.  Nvidia was given an extreme growth in their business on a silver platter with cryptocurrency, AI, self driving cars, etc.  New "industries" and revenue sources showed up at their door throwing money at them.   Nvidia failed to leverage this surplus revenue stream to ensure their bread and butter was staple.  

Nvidia's annual revenue numbers in millions:
    2005 $2,010 -
    2006 $2,376 18%
    2007 $3,069 29%
    2008 $4,098 34%
    2009 $3,425 -16%
    2010 $3,326 -3%
    2011 $3,543 7%
    2012 $3,998 13%
    2013 $4,280 7%
    2014 $4,130 -4%
    2015 $4,682 13%
    2016 $5,010 7%
    2017 $6,910 38%
    2018 $9,714 41%
    2019 $11,716 21%

I really really hope AMD has a strong product release tomorrow.  Nvidia has a monopoly and it needs to end.
    post edited by ngaugler - 2020/10/27 12:45:12
    nobuo780
    • Total Posts : 84
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/10/27 12:54:58 (permalink)
    just game with your 10 or 20 series GPU while we wait this 30 inventory debacle out
    Endworld
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 148
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/10/27 13:03:57 (permalink)
    AIB partners are really just waiting on Nvidia to give them the means to make cards. I'm certain they want to sell you cards as much as people want them. Their hands are tied, and they're doing everything they can. EVGA has been really upstanding at least with trying to help get cards into actual users hands, rather than shipping them all to Newegg or Best Buy, at which point they just get eaten up by bots.
    Shield Wulf
    • Total Posts : 54
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/10/27 13:34:48 (permalink)
    We are seeing the numbers some retailers are getting and they are laughable.  I feel bad for partners like EVGA who only make Nvidia cards and are really stuck holding the hot potato of people's annoyance all the while being financially hampered by having no products to sell.
    youcanteatthat
    Superclocked Member
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/10/27 13:39:34 (permalink)
    this was five weeks ago...

evga has since started the notification queue which is absolutely fair. i dont know why it wasn't in place since the beginning, but things are moving at a steady pace now and it's good to see.
    too bad we lost so much inventory to bots. as far as the company is concerned i'm sure they don't care at all. a sale is a sale. but EVGA is known for their customer service, so getting cards into our hands should've been their priority from the start.

freakdaddy64
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 784
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/10/27 13:42:40 (permalink)
    this is all why i removed my auto notify and bought a 2080 ti off the bstock its more then i need and hope it will serve me well into late next year when all this mess smooths over shame on you nvidia bless you evga for working hard at what you can do i love your graphics cards.

asus rog strix b550 f gaming ryzen 7 5800x3d cpu gskill trident z neo rgb ddr4 3600 ram sabrent 2tb ssd m.2 storage sabrent 1tb boot asus rog 4080 oc corsair 5000d case evga supernova 1000 t2 psu
    nzxt x73 rgb 360 cooler
    asus rog xg349c 34 inch display
    asus rog xg27aqm 27 inch 1440p 270 hz monitor THE SMOOTH OPERATOR
    Associate Code: YLOPU45V2M8FQL9

Elite ID: 2RWCT4B87YQYR15NNQO

R3L3NTL3SS
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 575
    Re: this is getting a little ridiculous 2020/10/27 13:51:48 (permalink)
    BlackRSV4

...RTX 2000 launch wasn't even remotely close to how bad this has been. I think you've created an alternative memory from what reality was.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile