EVGA

new build/upgrade

Author
methgamin
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/05/14 11:10:16 (permalink)
I have been a big evga fan since I start building Gamers I have always used thier GPU and power supplys and always used asrocks as my mobohere is what I am replacing
I7 4700k for a I7 7700K
EVGA 780 ti for a GTX 1070 SC
Asrock Z87 Formula OC for an Asrock Taichi Z270 mobo
my question lies in the Ram.  I have learned that the Gen 7 intel will take up to DDR4 2400 but the board will take up to 3733 OC so I decided to go with 3200 OC  Timing 16-18-18-38 ,Cas Latency 16 the only overclocking I will do is just change the ram in the bios there is like $5 diffrence between 2400 to 3200 is there enough of a difference that it would show in performance ? also I am considering trying a diffrent type of Ram I have been a G skill Ripsaw I had planned on trying the gskill ripsaw v But I have seen a ram I never saw or used before Team Tforce Nighthawk  https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313841  Im going with a black and white color scheme to match my MOBO and case my evga gtx1070 has the white LED as does my cooler master cpu watercooler this ram has a white led in my book preformance comes before looks but if I can I want both. does anyone have any experience with TEAM ram? this is my go to forumyou guys helped me so much with my last build and I am trully thankful for the help you provided with this one

4 Replies Related Threads

diatribe
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 130
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: new build/upgrade 2017/05/14 11:33:06 (permalink)
    I can't help you with the Team brand RAM, but I can say for certain that GSkill Trident RAM is very solid and high quality.  Your MB will have a list of supported RAM,  check it out and buy the fastest you can afford.  RAM is pricey at the current moment, but 3200MHz seems to be a good price/performance point.

Use My Associates Code and SAVE 5% - 10% on your next EVGA purchase. 
     100% of EVGA Bucks will be used toward Folding@Home
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: new build/upgrade 2017/05/14 12:09:14 (permalink)
    It may help you get more feedback if you open your first post, use edit, and add some type of descriptive words about your RAM questions.

like maybe something like:    Z270 MB upgrade help - RAM questions & anyone use Team Group branded RAM ?

Not enough feedback on Newegg, may want to Google the company for customer feedback

From my experience the RAM MHz means little outside of benchmarking scores or systems that run software that can really tax the system; as many of the current CPUs have very large cache on die

I pay more attention to Cas Latency and timing when selecting RAM, Lower = Better

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

bufurd_T
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 105
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: new build/upgrade 2017/05/14 12:14:45 (permalink)
    I am interested in this too. I am upgrading to a Ryzen cpu and team ram is on the supported list for the MSI board i am interested in.
    quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7191
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: new build/upgrade 2017/05/14 19:59:29 (permalink)
    never used them, i have always went with upper level corsair or crucial ballistix. the 16GB kits at the same speed run about the same price and they are known quality, which is huge in my book. the ones i have now ( look at my modsrigs page) are the vengeance LED,  very stable and fast and they have a lifetime warranty, i have had one kit that i thought was bad (turned out to be a bad amd cpu) and corsair on 4 yr old ram sent me a new set, they didnt even want the old ones back. ( that was yellowbeard that helped with that, that guy was beyond great. R.I.P. my friend )

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile