2019/12/02 14:37:30
kelkel1
What does it mean when the three red LEDS above the power connectors come on?  The PC boots, but I have no display.

This appears to happen randomly, but generally during restart after changing BIOS profiles.
2019/12/02 20:34:14
bob16314
See 2080 3 Red LEDs in the threads here and here..You can always Contact EVGA Customer Service and find out..There could be different causes, I guess.
2019/12/03 15:02:13
kelkel1
OK, thanks, but those threads really provide no concrete answers.

I thought about the possibility of PSU issue, but why does it happen most noticeably when restarting after switching BIOS or BIOS profile, but only very occasionally? If it were a PSU issue, it should happen more often, I would believe.
2019/12/03 15:54:36
HeavyHemi
kelkel1

I thought about the possibility of PSU issue, but why does it happen most noticeably when restarting after switching BIOS or BIOS profile, but only very occasionally? If it were a PSU issue, it should happen more often, I would believe.

You mean why does something happen intermittently when you do something intermittently? Why would you believe a PSU would cause it to happen more often? If the PSU is mariginal in supplying some voltage, sometimes you boot, sometimes ya don't. Maybe a hair dryer in another room has lowered the supply voltage to the outlet a fraction. My voltage coming to my mains varies during the day from 117 to 121v.  Back to troubleshooting. Do you have another system or a PSU you could use for testing? The PSU does not need to be able to handle the full system load, it just needs to be able to reliably power the system to boot. Have you reseated both the GPU and all power connectors to the board, PSU and peripheral devices?
2019/12/03 18:54:40
fdolopez11
kelkel1

BIOS Power Management -->> ErP "ON"

2019/12/04 14:48:56
kelkel1
HeavyHemi
kelkel1

You mean why does something happen intermittently when you do something intermittently? Why would you believe a PSU would cause it to happen more often? If the PSU is mariginal in supplying some voltage, sometimes you boot, sometimes ya don't. Maybe a hair dryer in another room has lowered the supply voltage to the outlet a fraction. My voltage coming to my mains varies during the day from 117 to 121v.  Back to troubleshooting. Do you have another system or a PSU you could use for testing? The PSU does not need to be able to handle the full system load, it just needs to be able to reliably power the system to boot. Have you reseated both the GPU and all power connectors to the board, PSU and peripheral devices?

Never said it was the PSU, only that since it appeared to possibly be a power issue, that perhaps it might be a possibility.

I ran a dedicated 20A circuit to my rig (PC, monitor, printer) and I have an APC UPS with AVR that maintains a consistent voltage, other than that, nothing else on the circuit.

I can try re-seating. The thing is, I have not seen an actual pattern to when the red LEDs appear, only that I noticed that it seems to happen during restart when switching BIOS profiles, and even then, maybe once in fifty(?) restarts.

I have three other PSUs, two are installed in other PCs, that I could try, but that is more trouble than I want to go thru at the moment. Perhaps if I see other indications of PSU trouble in the future...

So, other than power or loose connection issues, what else might cause the red LEDs? Not a marginal video card? Not a motherboard problem?
2019/12/04 14:52:52
kelkel1
fdolopez11
kelkel1

BIOS Power Management -->> ErP "ON"

ERP - A European Union Standard for energy efficiency. Default is OFF.

What is that supposed to do?
2019/12/04 17:26:11
Sajin
2019/12/05 01:58:47
GTXJackBauer
Might also want to test it without the UPS if the ERP doesn't fan out.
2019/12/05 13:32:58
kelkel1
Sajin
Read this thread... https://forums.evga.com/L...tra-bios-m3000849.aspx

In that thread you stated "When ErP is enabled it prevents certain things like keyboards, mice, usb ports, etc from being activated when the pc is turned off in order to save energy when your PC is off."

To my knowledge, those items never activate while the PC is off anyway, but if you could suggest a method to test it, I would be willing to try it.

Even so, in what way would that resolve the red LEDs?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account