EVGA CL11 Fan Control

Author
mattinm
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/05/13 08:42:26 (permalink)
P/N: 400-HY-CL11-V1

Looking at the specs on the product, it states that the 120mm fan will have variable fan rate based upon the temperature of the fluid. However, I'm not seeing any hookup on the pump for the fan, meaning it would have to be attached to its own connector. How can the unit then control the rate of the fan?

I'm also not seeing a manual listed for this specific unit anywhere.

3 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31020
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: EVGA CL11 Fan Control 2019/05/13 09:16:41 (permalink)

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: EVGA CL11 Fan Control 2019/05/13 14:09:05 (permalink)
    Very little info around on that one, but in the 400-HY-CL11-V1 Features tab it does say "Variable controlled fan allows dynamic fan speed based on coolant temperature"..But that must be wrong, I don't see how it could do that by itself because from what I can tell the 3-pin radiator fan connector (as well as the 3-pin pump connector) goes to a motherboard (3 or 4-pin) fan header and not to the pump like some do and then be controlled by the default logic in the pump or through software such as EVGA Flow Control if the pump has a mini-USB cable that goes to the motherboard for bi-directional feedback.

Since the connectors go to the motherboard, from what I can tell, the radiator fan speed as well as the pump speed would be based on CPU temperature instead, controlled by the motherboard, and would need to be set in the BIOS or use software to control them how you want to.

The fan header on that you connect the pump to should be manually set to run at 100% in the BIOS..All fan headers are normally adjustable from within the BIOS.

If your motherboard, whatever it is, has a header designated for a "Pump" you should connect the
    pump to that and connect the radiator fan to a CPU fan header..(Reason number 973 of why you should list your system hardware and OS in your Forum Signature, or otherwise).

Motherboard software such as Asus AI Suite, Gigabyte Easy Tune and others can control fan/pump headers too.

SpeedFan (if compatible with your motherboard) can be another option.

Long story short = Use BIOS or software to set the pump to 100% and to control other fan headers.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: EVGA CL11 Fan Control 2019/05/18 17:56:58 (permalink)

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile