EVGA

Answeredevga solved the problem

Page: << < ..67 Showing page 7 of 7
Author
sorag
  • Total Posts : 91
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/02/23 15:02:39 (permalink)
you wrote that the insurance is VOLUNTARY and that's it
sorag
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/02/23 15:05:42 (permalink)
SHIPPING METHOD

1. You are free to use the shipping method and courier of your choice. 2. EVGA recommends you obtain delivery confirmation and a tracking number for your shipment so you have proof of delivery.

3. Insurance is optional and may allow you to file a claim in the event of a lost or damaged shipment.

4. EVGA is not responsible for any local customs charges. You are responsible for the cost of shipping the product to EVGA, including any import duties.
EVGATech_DanielM
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 1132
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/02/23 15:23:53 (permalink)
You are shipping a 2000 dollar video card to another country through the post office. I think it needs to be re evaluated that the insurance in your specific case would be wise. 
sorag
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/02/23 15:44:40 (permalink)
if the card for over 2000 dollars hadn't turned out to be damaged, I wouldn't have had to send it to another country
bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11083
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/02/23 15:47:27 (permalink)
sorag
if the card for over 2000 dollars hadn't turned out to be damaged, I wouldn't have had to send it to another country

Wow, you mailed a 2,000$ GPU and did not get insurance, is that true?

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

sorag
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/02/23 15:53:41 (permalink)
if the Polish post office is to blame for the loss of the card, I will get insurance.
the Polish post office blames evge for the fact that it is their fault
sorag
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/02/23 15:57:08 (permalink)
On the basis of the complaint procedure, it was established that the parcel complained about had been delivered
correctly delivered to Germany by the Forwarding and Distribution Department in Warsaw in good condition,
no access to content. According to the information provided by the German postal operator, both in
no irregularities were found at the time of arrival of the claimed parcel and its delivery. On December 23
2022, the recipient received the parcel without reservations and did not report the loss of content to the operator
post office of a foreign administration in order to write down the report.
The Universal Postal Convention in art. 23 sec. 1 point 1.1.1 defines the scope of responsibility of the operators
postal services, limited to loss, theft or damage to registered mail, parcels and parcels
declared shipments. In any other case not provided for in this Convention,
designated operators are not liable - art. 23 sec. 1 point 1.3.
We clarify that liability is only maintained if the package has been looted or damaged
ascertained before or at the time of delivery of the shipment; if the addressee of the shipment or the sender in the case of
its return to the place of posting, despite the submission of a correct receipt, it will immediately notify the indicated person
the operator of the country delivering the parcel with the confirmed damage; should prove that he was robbed
or the damage did not occur after delivery (Article 24(1)(1) of the Convention). In that case, you should
draw up a report.
Taking into account the quoted regulations in international traffic concerning postal items, we cannot
accept claims for damages. Nevertheless, we apologize for the situation and the inconvenience caused.
bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/02/23 16:02:47 (permalink)
sorag
if the Polish post office is to blame for the loss of the card, I will get insurance.
the Polish post office blames evge for the fact that it is their fault

It is too late now to get insurance. I bet that's why the post office declined you first claim, cause of no insurance.
That's why you buy insurance incase the post office misplaces or damages your package. And EVGA is incompetent?
This is all on you. Seriously what the heck were you thinking to decline insurance. I am sure the postman asked you if you want it. They always ask no matter how much or how big the package is. 
Oh well lesson learned, bet you will buy insurance next time you mail a package.

sorag
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/02/23 16:17:44 (permalink)
I don't want to repeat myself here.
the package was sent as valuable! if it turns out that the card was lost or stolen due to the fault of the Polish post office, I will get insurance!!!
the mail claims that the fault is on the side of evga. So much in the subject
sorag
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/02/23 16:27:25 (permalink)
EVGATech_DanielM
You do not need to repeat yourself. You get insurance prior to shipping a product for instances exactly like this - not after as that ship has long since sailed. The parcel was marked as valuable but you did not insure it. EVGA would have no reason to break into a package and steal your product.
3haha
CraptacularOne
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14533
  • Ribbons : 222
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/02/23 16:52:00 (permalink)
Why is this dumpster fire of a thread still open? Don't we all think it has run it course at this point? Clearly sorag can't accept that he foolishly declined insurance and the fault is his own. I don't know what kind of deluded person thinks that delivering EVGA an empty box places them at fault but here we are. You're not getting a free card sorag, stop pissing and moaning because you made a stupid decision to not insure your package. 

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
EVGATech_ChrisB
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 2032
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/02/23 16:53:30 (permalink)
Dear Sorag,

I am once again very sorry for your loss. 

Since this item was stolen in transit prior to reaching EVGA, we must request that you work with the courier for any options that they can offer to you.  If you need information from our office then we can supply this to you.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause you and please continue to work with our support team through email or by phone during business hours.

EVGA Europe
German Office
Munich, Germany
Call Service
Germany: +49 (0) 8918-904911
United Kingdom: +44 (0) 1788-247-506
Service Hours
Monday - Friday: 09:00 - 18:00 CET

post edited by EVGATech_ChrisB - 2023/02/23 17:23:37

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/02/23 17:32:16 (permalink)
I think there is a language misunderstanding issue here. I think he is saying he will get insurance is meant a payout.
Saying he sent it as "valuable" is saying he bought insurance and is hoping  to get the insurance payment from the post office.

Not sure he knows exactly what insurance means. Is he using "sent as valuable" instead of the word insurance.
And saying he will get "insurance" means he will get a payout.

B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2365
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/02/24 08:14:00 (permalink)
bill1024
I think there is a language misunderstanding issue here. I think he is saying he will get insurance is meant a payout.
Saying he sent it as "valuable" is saying he bought insurance and is hoping  to get the insurance payment from the post office.

Not sure he knows exactly what insurance means. Is he using "sent as valuable" instead of the word insurance.
And saying he will get "insurance" means he will get a payout.

I had read it that way as well. Language barriers are a pain. While I can't take their side and blame anybody but the Polish post for this, it does seem that misunderstandings are rampant in this thread, which haven't really helped anybody.

If it were me, I'd be demanding the Polish post report to me the measured weight of the package at every step of the process. That should clearly indicate when and where the theft occurred. They're going to not want to pay the insurance value, so they'll of course start by saying "the driver didn't report any issues with the package", siding with their employees. They could fudge the weights, or they could just refuse to help sorag, but the weights should tell the tale if they were measured and documented correctly, which is why I'd keep demanding they provide them.

What seems odd to me is that usually RMA numbers are written on boxes. I would think that if a delivery person was smart enough to figure out which packages had valuable tech in them to steal and they didn't just make the package get "lost" (assuming they're looking at "EVGA" on the address and they know they're going to find something valuable in there), I don't know why you'd try to steal something on it's way back to EVGA with an RMA number on it, as it's probably broken. They know what RMAs are. Is there a market for broken tech? Why would they steal that card? I don't get it, but I'm not a thief. For all I know, sorag shipped an empty box. This is not an accusation, but just me admitting that it's a weird situation and I don't know all the facts while trying to establish motive.

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/02/27 13:55:36 (permalink)
Sorag,

Any update from Polish Post or DHL?
sorag
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/02/27 19:41:36 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Sorag,

Any update from Polish Post or DHL?
no :/
EVGATech_MarkusK
EVGA EU Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 315
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/03/03 00:49:32 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Cool GTX 2023/03/03 09:55:58
Dear Sorag,

despite the fact we received an empty package, the management decided to support you within a replacement product, as a special service - you will find the tracking number in your profile. For future shipments and by the MSRP from the product itself, we would suggest to send those packages within an insurance.

Have fun with the product.

Markus

sorag
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/03/03 01:15:29 (permalink)
EVGATech_MarkusK
Dear Sorag,

despite the fact we received an empty package, the management decided to support you within a replacement product, as a special service - you will find the tracking number in your profile. For future shipments and by the MSRP from the product itself, we would suggest to send those packages within an insurance.

Markus

Thank you very much
yodap
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4642
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/03/03 04:05:21 (permalink)
EVGATech_MarkusK
Dear Sorag,

Markus

Above and beyond!
post edited by yodap - 2023/03/03 04:06:35

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18916
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/03/03 05:02:32 (permalink)
EVGATech_MarkusK
Dear Sorag,

Markus

Extreme good will from EVGA, particularly in the face of clearly false accusations, but do you not want to wait and see if the shippers decide to cover the cost first?

Maybe an apology from the OP is in order for the libelous statements, but nope, entitlement and lack of common sense wins again.

Regardless, well done EVGA for rising above it. Respect.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

CraptacularOne
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14533
  • Ribbons : 222
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/03/03 07:23:14 (permalink)
This more pisses me off more than anything. The OP here pissed and moaned, called EVGA liars, said they were incompetent, accused them of stealing his GPU....etc......and after all that EVGA goes ahead and rewards this behavior by sending him a new card at their expense. This will only reinforce this kind of behavior, if people see all they have to do is whine and cry loud enough that they will get their way regardless of them being the party at fault, they will continue to act that way. EVGA isn't buying any goodwill here, they are rewarding poor behavior, irresponsible practices by the OP and showing future potential cases that regardless of right or wrong all you have to do is scream and cause enough of a scene they will get what they want. 

The cherry on top here is the OP not even offering an apology for any of this. 

I'm actually disgusted at this point. This is a big thumbs down EVGA. Very poor decision here. 

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18916
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/03/03 07:39:11 (permalink)
CraptacularOne
This more pisses me off more than anything. The OP here pissed and moaned, called EVGA liars, said they were incompetent, accused them of stealing his GPU....etc......and after all that EVGA goes ahead and rewards this behavior by sending him a new card at their expense. This will only reinforce this kind of behavior, if people see all they have to do is whine and cry loud enough that they will get their way regardless of them being the party at fault, they will continue to act that way. EVGA isn't buying any goodwill here, they are rewarding poor behavior, irresponsible practices by the OP and showing future potential cases that regardless of right or wrong all you have to do is scream and cause enough of a scene they will get what they want. 

I'm actually disgusted at this point. This is a big thumbs down EVGA. Very poor decision here. 

^ I agree with most of that, I guess EVGA just couldn't be bothered dealing with his bs and basically decided "here, have a GPU and [censored] off", but more politely, lol. You are 100% correct; this is rewarding the wrong behavior, but they made a business decision.. not sure why since they seem to be winding up the business, but whatever. Personally I think EVGA should have at least waited to see if the shippers denied the claim appeal first, Now this guy may end up getting reimbursed for the one the shippers 'lost' plus get a free one from EVGA. Apparently it pays to be a prat - certainly seems to be true across the US now.    

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49167
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/03/03 11:15:51 (permalink)
The op was most likely sent a refurbished card instead of a new one. The decision was most like made on the fact that evga is no longer doing gpu’s, so they might as well help out while they can.
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/03/03 11:54:24 (permalink)
Lesson learned OP, insured what you sent to another country.
Just a FYI, cases like this companies tend to put a look upon if something like this happens again on your end. So please be extra careful now and make sure you document everything.
I am glad you were able to have this settle.

And as expected, EVGA has always demonstrated to be a company different from the rest.
Thank you.

P.S. Any new products coming beside the PSUs?
post edited by atfrico - 2023/03/03 11:56:53

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
dragomirc
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 760
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/03/03 12:28:21 (permalink)
CraptacularOne

^^^^^
As usual C1 nail it.

Now why would EVGA cover EU (German or Poland) thieves???

I am glad EVGA have done with GPU business as they find the way to piss of former loyal customers. 

As for the OP, at the beginning he had my understanding and support.
But after reading all posts, he is not so bright, or polite, or deserves anything. 

sorag
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/03/07 00:17:52 (permalink)
I already have the card :)
Thank you very much
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: not the competence of evga 2023/03/07 05:02:36 (permalink)
sorag
I already have the card :)
Thank you very much

Glad this got resolved. Some may disagree with EVGA giving you a card, but they aren’t losing as much as some folks would think.

If you have a moment, would you mind editing your original post and changing the title to resolved and linking to the resolution or just adding the resolution to the first post? That will help with future visitors popping in and not reading the whole thread, but they still get an answer right away.
Page: << < ..67 Showing page 7 of 7
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile