EVGA

Yeah, about those scalpers... Warranty might be non-issue.

Author
Frammish
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 236
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/09/27 14:25:00 (permalink)
From the EVGA graphics card warranty page (https://www.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/)...

See zeph08’s post...
post edited by Frammish - 2020/09/27 14:54:42

11 Replies Related Threads

tristanmag
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: Yeah, about those scalpers... Something to keep in mind... 2020/09/27 14:29:33 (permalink)
    Yeah, definitely doesn't seem worth it.. Especially knowing you are supporting scalpers and bots..
    dmel642
    • Total Posts : 32
    Re: Yeah, about those scalpers... Something to keep in mind... 2020/09/27 14:33:21 (permalink)
    Damn scalpers ruining not only price but also warranties. 
    zeph08
    • Total Posts : 64
    Re: Yeah, about those scalpers... Something to keep in mind... 2020/09/27 14:45:30 (permalink)
    Did you rea the whole thing?
    Frammish
    From the EVGA graphics card warranty page (https://www.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/):

”EVGA Corporation ("EVGA") warrants that the Product (defined below) delivered hereunder to the original purchaser ("Original Purchaser") from EVGA.com or an EVGA Authorized Reseller (each an "Authorized Reseller") will be free from material and workmanship defects that adversely affect the performance of the Product under normal use, pursuant to the terms outlined below. This Limited Warranty is only valid for the Original Purchaser, is non-transferable and does not extend to any used Products or Products not purchased from EVGA.com or an Authorized Reseller.”

Worth noting even though it is partially in bold - “original purchaser”.

This Limited Warranty is only valid for the Original Purchaser, is non-transferable and does not extend to any used Products or Products not purchased from EVGA.com or an Authorized Reseller.

Buy a scalped card and it looks like you could be out in the cold. Not good especially if you’re worried about capacitor or other issues.

Edit: There is a limited warranty when you buy cards from others, but it’s limited (duh) and may or may not be of benefit:

”A separate Transferable Limited Warranty is available for Second-Hand Purchasers, which also extends to used Products and Products not purchased from EVGA.com or an Authorized Reseller, as noted below.”

Did you read the whole thing? It's based upon the suffix in the part number and having proof of purchase between buyer and seller. This means a PayPal invoice is valid along with a receipt/invoice from eBay, most likely a PayPal invoice too.
    I know this because I've been buyer and seller of secondhand GPU's and have had to do my research. It's not hard to create a PayPal invoice, I do it in-person with buyer/seller so the warranty transfers.

"Limited Warranty Term

The length of the Limited Warranty is determined by Product according to the suffix associated with each Product's identification number as set forth below and will be measured beginning from the date of purchase:

3 Year Standard Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX, -KR, -K1, -K2, -K3, -K4, -K5 -KB, -KA, -KF, -KM, -KP, -KS
        2 Year Standard Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -LA, -LE, -LR, -L1, -LX, -T1, -T2, -TR, -TX
        1 Year Standard Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -B1, -BR, -BX, -DR, -RX
        90 Day Standard Limited Warranty Product Suffix: -RB

Transferable Limited Warranty (Second-Hand Purchasers)

Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, the Transferable Limited Warranty is available to second-hand purchasers with a valid proof of purchase of the transaction between the current owner and the previous owner.* The limited warranty on any Product which was originally shipped from EVGA or an Authorized Reseller as a demo or prize is not transferable to second-hand purchasers and is not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty.

Products shipped from EVGA as warranty replacements will be subject to this warranty so long as the original product was shipped from EVGA on or after July 1, 2011.

The length of the Transferable Limited Warranty is determined by Product according to the suffix associated with each Product's identification number as set forth below and will be measured beginning from Product's original date of shipment from EVGA or an Authorized Reseller:

3 Year Transferable Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX, -KR, -K1, -K2, -K3, -K4, -K5, -KB, -KA, -KF, -KM
        2 Year Transferable Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -LA, -LE, -LR, -L1, -LX, -T1, -T2, -TR, -TX

Products described by the following suffixes are not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty: -B1, -BR, -BX, -DR, -RX, -RB

*For more warranty information about original and second-hand purchases, please see our FAQ here."

enewt
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 11883
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Yeah, about those scalpers... Something to keep in mind... 2020/09/27 14:52:23 (permalink)
    It is an interesting point, but my understanding is that EVGA has done its users a service of supporting even those who got the card as a hand-me-down.  #NoGoodDeed....

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
    EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

Frammish
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 236
    Re: Yeah, about those scalpers... Something to keep in mind... 2020/09/27 14:52:26 (permalink)
    Do they end up in practice exactly the same?

If so, disregard.

I hadn’t read it all at first which is why I added the edit.
    jsteedman
    • Total Posts : 52
    Re: Yeah, about those scalpers... Something to keep in mind... 2020/09/27 17:21:37 (permalink)
    Frammish

If so, disregard.

Slightly different:

https://forums.evga.com/O...anty-FAQ-m2848860.aspx

For secondhand owners: Note that the days left status is based on the shipping date from EVGA. For this example, the product was "shipped" on March 1, 2018. It has a 3 year warranty that began on 3/1/18, not the date of purchase that was entered. Regardless of the purchase date entered, the system will pull from the date that the product left the EVGA warehouse.
    chosn1
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: Yeah, about those scalpers... Something to keep in mind... 2020/09/27 17:36:49 (permalink)
    jsteedman
    Frammish

If so, disregard.

Slightly different:

https://forums.evga.com/O...anty-FAQ-m2848860.aspx

For secondhand owners: Note that the days left status is based on the shipping date from EVGA. For this example, the product was "shipped" on March 1, 2018. It has a 3 year warranty that began on 3/1/18, not the date of purchase that was entered. Regardless of the purchase date entered, the system will pull from the date that the product left the EVGA warehouse.

Looks like no help on the warranty side from scalpers.
    williamr86
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 106
    Re: Yeah, about those scalpers... Something to keep in mind... 2020/09/27 18:43:35 (permalink)
    Warranty aside, don't support scalpers ever because it is damaging to the community. We all can wait a couple weeks/month when stock levels out. I know it is frustrating with how Nvidia handled this launch, and I am frustrated as the next person. But don't let that take over your executive functioning to impulse buy a graphics card for twice the retail price because you feel you can't wait a little while.

Enjoy Discounts on EVGA items with Discount code: 0HGRCPSXNTZ58R3

K_karpinski87
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Yeah, about those scalpers... Something to keep in mind... 2021/10/01 18:40:57 (permalink)
    It's been a year lmao
    rjbarker
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3214
    • Ribbons : 21
    Re: Yeah, about those scalpers... Something to keep in mind... 2021/10/01 19:41:15 (permalink)
    zeph08
    Did you rea the whole thing?
    Frammish
    From the EVGA graphics card warranty page (https://www.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/):

”EVGA Corporation ("EVGA") warrants that the Product (defined below) delivered hereunder to the original purchaser ("Original Purchaser") from EVGA.com or an EVGA Authorized Reseller (each an "Authorized Reseller") will be free from material and workmanship defects that adversely affect the performance of the Product under normal use, pursuant to the terms outlined below. This Limited Warranty is only valid for the Original Purchaser, is non-transferable and does not extend to any used Products or Products not purchased from EVGA.com or an Authorized Reseller.”

Worth noting even though it is partially in bold - “original purchaser”.

This Limited Warranty is only valid for the Original Purchaser, is non-transferable and does not extend to any used Products or Products not purchased from EVGA.com or an Authorized Reseller.

Buy a scalped card and it looks like you could be out in the cold. Not good especially if you’re worried about capacitor or other issues.

Edit: There is a limited warranty when you buy cards from others, but it’s limited (duh) and may or may not be of benefit:

”A separate Transferable Limited Warranty is available for Second-Hand Purchasers, which also extends to used Products and Products not purchased from EVGA.com or an Authorized Reseller, as noted below.”

Did you read the whole thing? It's based upon the suffix in the part number and having proof of purchase between buyer and seller. This means a PayPal invoice is valid along with a receipt/invoice from eBay, most likely a PayPal invoice too.
    I know this because I've been buyer and seller of secondhand GPU's and have had to do my research. It's not hard to create a PayPal invoice, I do it in-person with buyer/seller so the warranty transfers.

"Limited Warranty Term

The length of the Limited Warranty is determined by Product according to the suffix associated with each Product's identification number as set forth below and will be measured beginning from the date of purchase:

3 Year Standard Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX, -KR, -K1, -K2, -K3, -K4, -K5 -KB, -KA, -KF, -KM, -KP, -KS
       2 Year Standard Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -LA, -LE, -LR, -L1, -LX, -T1, -T2, -TR, -TX
       1 Year Standard Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -B1, -BR, -BX, -DR, -RX
       90 Day Standard Limited Warranty Product Suffix: -RB

Transferable Limited Warranty (Second-Hand Purchasers)

Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, the Transferable Limited Warranty is available to second-hand purchasers with a valid proof of purchase of the transaction between the current owner and the previous owner.* The limited warranty on any Product which was originally shipped from EVGA or an Authorized Reseller as a demo or prize is not transferable to second-hand purchasers and is not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty.

Products shipped from EVGA as warranty replacements will be subject to this warranty so long as the original product was shipped from EVGA on or after July 1, 2011.

The length of the Transferable Limited Warranty is determined by Product according to the suffix associated with each Product's identification number as set forth below and will be measured beginning from Product's original date of shipment from EVGA or an Authorized Reseller:

3 Year Transferable Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX, -KR, -K1, -K2, -K3, -K4, -K5, -KB, -KA, -KF, -KM
       2 Year Transferable Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -LA, -LE, -LR, -L1, -LX, -T1, -T2, -TR, -TX

Products described by the following suffixes are not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty: -B1, -BR, -BX, -DR, -RX, -RB

*For more warranty information about original and second-hand purchases, please see our FAQ here."

This is exactly the case.....I sold a card to someone else....typed up a generic Invoice showing new owner and change of custody...they assume the original Warranty dated from original retailer, or when the original retailer received the Card from Evga (but cannot purchase an extended Warranty), Great service from Evga !!
    post edited by rjbarker - 2021/10/01 19:42:48

I9 12900K EK Velocity2 / ROG Z690 Apex/ 32G Dominator DDR5 6000/ Evga RTX 3080Ti FTW3  EK Vector / 980 Pro 512G / 980 Pro 1TB/ Samsung 860 Pro 500G/ WD 4TB Red / AX 1600i /  Corsair 900D & XSPC 480 * 360 * 240 Rads   XSPC Photon 170 Rez-Vario Pump Combo - Alienware 3440*1440p 120Hz/ W11

rangerscott
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 343
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Yeah, about those scalpers... Something to keep in mind... 2021/10/02 10:23:49 (permalink)
    Yup. Extended warranties stay with original buyer. Bought one for my 3090 ftw3 ultra because I was going to keep it FOREVER but was able to get a KP 3090.

Regular 3 yr warranty transfers.

Z690 Dark
    Evga 3090 Hybrid
    32gb Trident z5 @ 6000
    Corsair RM1000X psu

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile