EVGA

Hot!XR1 Lite Audio Popping Issue

Author
splingy
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/06/07 20:08:53 (permalink)
I have a new XR1 Lite capture device that appears to be working properly, except when I record from the device or monitor its audio output through OBS, there's an occasional popping noise. I have the device plugged into a USB 3.0 port and the HDMI input is plugged into my Nintendo Switch. I've already installed the XR1Lite_1466_0501_M0_09.0A_EVGA update firmware update. Inspecting the recordings in my video editor, it looks like the audio just cuts out for one or two frames (there's no video stuttering when this happens).

I've tried adjusting several settings in OBS, like the audio bitrate, device buffer enabled/disabled, audio output mode, adjusting recording quality, and changing the recording destination. None of these resolved the issue. It also doesn't seem to be an audio clipping issue, as sometimes it happens during soft moments and doesn't always occur during louder moments.

This doesn't feel like it's an OBS recording issue, as the problem's noticeable when monitoring the audio. I'm mainly looking for advice on what else I can try to resolve the issue.

2 Replies Related Threads

SH1N1ESYT
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: XR1 Lite Audio Popping Issue 2023/12/08 10:17:48 (permalink)
    Hey - I know this is a long shot, but did you ever find a solution to this? I am dealing with nearly the exact same thing you've described.  
    splingy
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: XR1 Lite Audio Popping Issue 2023/12/09 09:55:53 (permalink)
    SH1N1ESYT
    Hey - I know this is a long shot, but did you ever find a solution to this? I am dealing with nearly the exact same thing you've described.  

Props for taking the chance; I only wish I had a good answer for you. I'm pretty sure I ended up just getting a different capture card.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile