EVGA

X1 fan header detection on a 3080

Author
horzo
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/12/29 10:25:46 (permalink)
I have a 3080 FTW 3 Ultra with a 120mm PWM fan plugged into the header on the card. Normally the system will boot, X1 will detect all fans (3 in the card and one external), and I can manage speeds accordingly. However, maybe one out of three times I boot the system, the external fan will not be detected and all X1 settings will revert to default. I have to reboot (after which the external fan will be detected again), and set up all my curves again.

So two questions...

1) Has anyone else seen this failure to detect behavior? Anything I can do about it?
2) Is there a way to save X1 settings so I don't have to manually redo everything every time this happens?

1 Reply Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: X1 fan header detection on a 3080 2023/01/14 14:20:00 (permalink)
    Is fast startup off in Windows?

Is fast Boot off in your MB's BIOS ?

That external fan header on back of GPU ... I'm not sure it is a PWM fan header .... regardless of the 4 pins

select one of the profile numbers in X1 on the rt side of screen then select Save, to save a setup in X1

you can set X1 to load the last profile on restart or even to load X1 on restart (I do not do this "auto start of Boot" can cause issues with OS updates) .... CAUTION ... do not do this (Auto load) when pushing your OC or attempting to find your best OC .... you don't want to load a profile on reboot that just crashed your PC, right

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile