EVGA

WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
jawalbert77
  • Total Posts : 71
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 3
2020/10/19 12:16:40 (permalink)
Since the que system started the only emails going out have been for the top FTW# ultra card and now this week its the xc3 ultra emails and ftw32 ultras still going out all the lower end cards going to retailers? i dont know the FTW3 gaming has had no emails and no sight of emails to come there have been tons of people tweeting about it i dont know the process the cards get made in but seeing evga cards out in the wild bought from other sites they are mostly lower cards i could just be overthinking things since i have waited years to upgrade gpu still on a 1070ti i upgraded everything but it preparing for the 30 series and i love evga period just hope those of us who qued for the lower spec cards to save money will get a card soon i should have just auto notified for every card but just did it to the cards i really wanted then weeks later added the top end cards when noticed they were only emails going out and everyone else did it as well go look at the graph of sign ups for cards the FTW3 ultra jumped after only that sku getting sent out. im not writing this to throw shade because others are already saying it im just hoping it helps get more lower end cards made for everyone its all love trust me  

JAWALBERT77

43 Replies Related Threads

MunneY
    • Total Posts : 57
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 13:38:38 (permalink)
    Well

There is a price premium for the top tier cards which more than likely means, they are making more per card.

With that information... why do you think they are producing them?
    justin_43
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3326
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 14:01:59 (permalink)
    I wonder /s

ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC • Intel Core i7 12700K • MSI Z690 Edge WiFi • 32GB G.Skill Trident Z • EVGA 1600T2 PSU
    3x 2TB Samsung 980 Pros in RAID 0 • 250GB Samsung 980 Pro • 2x WD 2TB Blacks in RAID 0 • Lian-Li PC-D600WB
    EK Quantum Velocity • EK Quantum Vector² • EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 • 2x Alphacool 420mm Rads
    LG CX 48" • 2x Wasabi Mango UHD430s 43" • HP LP3065 30" • Ducky Shine 7 Blackout • Logitech MX Master
    Sennheiser HD660S w/ XLR • Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD • Drop + THX AAA 789 • DarkVoice 336SE OTL
    jawalbert77
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 14:05:53 (permalink)
    like i said i love evga and will wait for my email regardless just feels like what i typed and read on twitter and stuff 

JAWALBERT77
    riku98523
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 135
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 14:22:58 (permalink)
    Thing is if like all of their silicon can hit ftw3 clocks it only makes sense to produce those first. Not just from a profit standpoint, but from a waste standpoint. It would be a huge waste to build lower end cards if all the silicon they are getting from Nvidia is coming in at high quality. Especially with the GPU demand right now.

If we assume most are hitting 1800 then they may only be producing 1 lower end per 4, 5 or maybe even 20 high end cards.

Evga can't guarantee they'll get 1800 clocking silicon forever so they have to put it in the high end cards or next year they might not be able to produce the high end ones.

Maybe they'll add another sku between the two eventually if they are finding it hard to produce the lower end ones.
    jawalbert77
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 14:31:29 (permalink)
    i kinda understand the binning process from watching a msi tour of there gpu facility. i guess for me its just i waited for the 30 series launch to upgrade and have saved the money to do it and cant get a damn card anywhere i have resigned to waiting on an email from evga cause i believe in there customer service for all they have done since this launch i just want a card so i can get back to gaming and streaming 

JAWALBERT77
    justin_43
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 15:16:14 (permalink)
    jawalbert77
    i kinda understand the binning process from watching a msi tour of there gpu facility. i guess for me its just i waited for the 30 series launch to upgrade and have saved the money to do it and cant get a damn card anywhere i have resigned to waiting on an email from evga cause i believe in there customer service for all they have done since this launch i just want a card so i can get back to gaming and streaming 

It's just that most chips will hit the clocks for FTW3 cards so it makes sense for them to sell those cards in higher quantity at first. People are desperate for any card so they are more willing to pay more right now. We are all in the same boat as you. Not many people can get a card. I sold my 2080 Ti and cannot wait to get back to gaming too. My main system has no card at all right now. It's just that they don't have enough cards at all let alone enough to satisfy every SKU. Quite frankly I cannot believe how few cards they actually have shipped so far. I thought they would have shipments of hundreds of cards every few days but I guess my assumptions were way off. It's Nvidia trying to beat AMD to the punch with marketing so they announced the cards way before they should have to do a proper launch.
    post edited by justin_43 - 2020/10/19 15:22:07

ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC • Intel Core i7 12700K • MSI Z690 Edge WiFi • 32GB G.Skill Trident Z • EVGA 1600T2 PSU
    3x 2TB Samsung 980 Pros in RAID 0 • 250GB Samsung 980 Pro • 2x WD 2TB Blacks in RAID 0 • Lian-Li PC-D600WB
    EK Quantum Velocity • EK Quantum Vector² • EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 • 2x Alphacool 420mm Rads
    LG CX 48" • 2x Wasabi Mango UHD430s 43" • HP LP3065 30" • Ducky Shine 7 Blackout • Logitech MX Master
    Sennheiser HD660S w/ XLR • Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD • Drop + THX AAA 789 • DarkVoice 336SE OTL
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18926
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 15:25:49 (permalink)

Looks like nothing has gone out today except a few cards that were possibly unclaimed from Friday and were reassigned today to the next on the notify list. That is a far cry from the supposed ramping up of production we were led to believe was happening this week. Getting a little difficult to try to stay positive... 

I'm also a little concerned about the increasing issues people appear to be having with these cards when they received them. Are NVidia rushing past QC in order to just get cards out the door to meet even a small percentage of the demand?

Thanks NVidia.

post edited by Nereus - 2020/10/19 15:28:38

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

fofal
    • Total Posts : 88
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 15:31:35 (permalink)
    Nvidia lie so much i hope they get sued some how lol
    jawalbert77
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 15:43:25 (permalink)
    i just dont understand the little amount of inventory actually getting to customers with all the AIB partners and last year msi was making 1 million cards a month of different sku's i know each year is different but it doesnt seem as if there are even hundreds of cards getting sold monthly even if the data we see from the google doc is only 25% reporting its still such a low quantity of sku's going out and only top end for each kind of card 

JAWALBERT77
    justin_43
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 15:59:23 (permalink)
    jawalbert77
    i just dont understand the little amount of inventory actually getting to customers with all the AIB partners and last year msi was making 1 million cards a month of different sku's i know each year is different but it doesnt seem as if there are even hundreds of cards getting sold monthly even if the data we see from the google doc is only 25% reporting its still such a low quantity of sku's going out and only top end for each kind of card 

It's pretty crazy. Been through lots of launches back to 8800 GTX and never seen anything like it. Either Nvidia is holding back or Samsung really sucks at fabbing chips. My guess is the later. Really though blame Apple for taking up all of TSMCs fab space. You can notice how ever since Apple switched to making their own chips and using TSMC, Nvidia's chip production schedule has suffered. And now they couldn't even use TSMC so we got stuck with Samsung. Power hungry and low quantity. Not to mention Apple has already secured all of TSMCs 5nm fab space. We all suffer so people can have iphones on the newest process node.

ablangc
    • Total Posts : 77
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 16:05:41 (permalink)
    I expect to be on the waitlist for the 3080 for quite some time.  I was not surprised at all that I got the email notification for the 3090 FTW Ultra

I have a POTATO!
    MrMichaelJames
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 229
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 16:08:39 (permalink)
    Nereus

Looks like nothing has gone out today except a few cards that were possibly unclaimed from Friday and were reassigned today to the next on the notify list. That is a far cry from the supposed ramping up of production we were led to believe was happening this week. Getting a little difficult to try to stay positive... 

I'm also a little concerned about the increasing issues people appear to be having with these cards when they received them. Are NVidia rushing past QC in order to just get cards out the door to meet even a small percentage of the demand?

Thanks NVidia.

You do realize it’s only Monday right?
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 16:22:40 (permalink)
    MrMichaelJames
    Nereus

Thanks NVidia.

What's your point? Almost nothing went out today. That is not ramped up, it's not even staying at the same rate, it is a very definite decline. I hope that will change, but it's been over a month since the 3080 was launched, and not much shy of a month for the 3090, and look how little has come out in all that time. That's pathetically poor production planning.

..and just to reiterate, this is not EVGA's fault, this is all on NVidia.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

MrMichaelJames
    Superclocked Member
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 17:23:59 (permalink)
    Nereus
    MrMichaelJames
    Nereus

Thanks NVidia.

What's your point? Almost nothing went out today. That is not ramped up, it's not even staying at the same rate, it is a very definite decline. I hope that will change, but it's been over a month since the 3080 was launched, and not much shy of a month for the 3090, and look how little has come out in all that time. That's pathetically poor production planning.

The point is that it’s only Monday. Every week has been more cards than the prior week. To go on complaining that they aren’t ramping up when you have no evidence of that being true isn’t honest. Again. It’s only Monday. Let’s see what happens this week. At the end of the day no one is forcing anyone to buy these cards. Go pick another vendor. I get notifications everyday on discord about availability and I have actually added cards to my cart to see if I could but never purchased because I’m ok with waiting. If you aren’t then go find some other card. You could probably have one on it’s way to you in a day or 2.
    tmpman123
    • Total Posts : 29
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 17:43:11 (permalink)
    Have anyone got the 3080 xc black yet by any chance?

Ryzen 5900X o/c 4750 CCX0 / 4625 CCX1 at 1.312v
    BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro4 with front 120mm Nidec Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM fan mod with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Paste
    Asus Strix-E B550 Motherboard
    4x8GB GSKILL DDR4 3200C14 RAM o/c 3600/FCLK 1800 15-15-15-35-1T 1.4v
    128GB Samsung PM961 SSD / 256GB Team Group NVME SSD / 3.84TB Samsung PM862 SATA SSD for storage
    MSI Trio 3080TI undervolt 1905/21000 at 0.868v
    EVGA P2 650W Power Supply 80 Plus Platinum
    DVDRW SATA
    Phanteks Entho Pro M Case with 2x 140mm Rosewill Hyperborea Intake Fan / 1x 140mm Rosewill Hyperborea Exhaust fan
    fofal
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 17:44:59 (permalink)
    MrMichaelJames
    Nereus
    MrMichaelJames
    Nereus

Thanks NVidia.

The point is that it’s only Monday. Every week has been more cards than the prior week. To go on complaining that they aren’t ramping up when you have no evidence of that being true isn’t honest. Again. It’s only Monday. Let’s see what happens this week. At the end of the day no one is forcing anyone to buy these cards. Go pick another vendor. I get notifications everyday on discord about availability and I have actually added cards to my cart to see if I could but never purchased because I’m ok with waiting. If you aren’t then go find some other card. You could probably have one on it’s way to you in a day or 2.

You're trying to defend this crap release and lie by nvidia? There is a lot of explaining to do. I hope AMD will crash them just for the hell of it.
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 17:52:59 (permalink)
    MrMichaelJames
    Nereus
    MrMichaelJames
    Nereus

Thanks NVidia.

We are allowed express our frustration if we want to, and we're allowed to call out NVidia when they deserve calling out. I realize that the act of cancelling others' opinions is 'in' right now, but that's a double edged sword. Suggesting I go buy some lesser brand is intentionally obtuse.

post edited by Nereus - 2020/10/19 20:49:52

Tabemaju
    • Total Posts : 12
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 18:09:32 (permalink)
    Nereus
    MrMichaelJames
    Nereus
    MrMichaelJames
    Nereus

Thanks NVidia.

We are allowed express our frustration if we want to, and we're allowed to call out NVidia when they deserve calling out. I realize that the fascist act of cancelling others' opinions is 'in' right now, but that's a double edged sword. Suggesting I go buy some lesser brand is intentionally obtuse.

Good lord, someone calling you out on your "opinion" that no cards going out today is indicative of a "far cry from the supposed ramping up of production" isn't fascism, it's just presenting evidence shows that you're "opinion" is has no basis in reality.  It's fine to express frustration, but conjuring up pseudo-facts that are impervious to criticism because they are an "opinion" is super lame.  Don't even get me started on the flippant use of of the word fascist, which seems to be a fun little buzz word that no one understands the definition of anymore.
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 18:15:28 (permalink)

Why is the title in all CAPS? Someone yelling?   

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Tabemaju
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 18:28:02 (permalink)
    XrayMan

Yes, we are all yelling.  But like a REAL MAN I keep it on the inside, buried deep down so that ONE DAY I can USE THAT PAIN to BUY A SPORTS CAR
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 18:28:12 (permalink)
    Tabemaju
    Good lord, someone calling you out on your "opinion" that no cards going out today is indicative of a "far cry from the supposed ramping up of production" isn't fascism, it's just presenting evidence shows that you're "opinion" is has no basis in reality.  It's fine to express frustration, but conjuring up pseudo-facts that are impervious to criticism because they are an "opinion" is super lame.  Don't even get me started on the flippant use of of the word fascist, which seems to be a fun little buzz word that no one understands the definition of anymore.

I know what it means and that it certainly doesn't apply here by definition, and I too am tired of seeing it thrown around whenever anyone doesn't agree with someone else's opinion, but since it's become such a widely-used (or flippantly-used) term these days, I tried it on for size.. for the first time, believe it or not. Looks pretty stupid doesn't it? Felt it too. Fair enough calling me out on it, I agree.

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 18:28:36 (permalink)
    Tabemaju
    XrayMan

Yes, we are all yelling.  But like a REAL MAN I keep it on the inside, buried deep down so that ONE DAY I can USE THAT PAIN to BUY A SPORTS CAR

LMAO!

MrMichaelJames
    Superclocked Member
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 18:32:09 (permalink)
    Nereus
    MrMichaelJames
    Nereus
    MrMichaelJames
    Nereus

Thanks NVidia.

We are allowed express our frustration if we want to, and we're allowed to call out NVidia when they deserve calling out. I realize that the fascist act of cancelling others' opinions is 'in' right now, but that's a double edged sword. Suggesting I go buy some lesser brand is intentionally obtuse.

Are you upset at nvidia or evga? This isn’t an nvidia run site? I’m confused and it sounds like you are too. If you want to yell at nvidia then go there and yell at them all you want. No one “cancelled” your statement even though it factually was wrong but continue insulting people and the mods here carry big sticks so I’ve seen.

But to bark at evga because they didn’t release enough cards today, on a Monday, seems a little bit of a stretch. Go take a walk in the fresh air or something. It can do wonders for stress.
    Tabemaju
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 18:37:22 (permalink)
    Nereus
    Tabemaju

I know what it means and that it certainly doesn't apply here by definition, and I too am tired of seeing it thrown around whenever anyone doesn't agree with someone else's opinion, but since it's become such a widely-used (or flippantly-used) term these days, I tried it on for size.. for the first time, believe it or not. Looks pretty stupid doesn't it? Felt it too. Fair enough calling me out on it, I agree.

Fair enough.  I get the frustration, though.  I should point out that a number of people did get notification emails for the 3090 today which, until late last week, weren't getting sent out at all.  I don't even want a 3090 but since I'm only 10 away (per the spreadsheet) I just know I won't be able to resist.  Capitalism strikes again!  Despite that, though, it seems like EVGA is doing things so much better than the other partners, so I get that people are quick to defend them, even if there are legit concerns over the speed of pumping cards out, and even if Nvidia is the real target of those concerns.
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 18:37:44 (permalink)
    MrMichaelJames
    Nereus
    MrMichaelJames
    Nereus
    MrMichaelJames
    Nereus

Thanks NVidia.

Are you upset at nvidia or evga? This isn’t an nvidia run site? I’m confused and it sounds like you are too. If you want to yell at nvidia then go there and yell at them all you want. No one “cancelled” your statement even though it factually was wrong but continue insulting people and the mods here carry big sticks so I’ve seen.

But to bark at evga because they didn’t release enough cards today, on a Monday, seems a little bit of a stretch. Go take a walk in the fresh air or something. It can do wonders for stress.

Try reading my post again, particularly the part that says, "..and just to reiterate, this is not EVGA's fault, this is all on NVidia." Yes you are confused, apparently. lol.

Yes I was feeling frustrated, I vented, and now I'm good. Rubbing my face in it and discounting my frustration offhand didn't help much, so you got a reaction. I'm not going to NVidia to rant, it's an exercise in futility. It's also futile here, but I'm among fellow EVGA customers who mostly understand where I am coming from and why.

post edited by Nereus - 2020/10/19 18:41:15

Tabemaju
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 18:40:03 (permalink)
    Guys, I just want my Tickle Me Elmo FTW3 Ultra.
    Kozer
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 18:41:39 (permalink)
    I am starting to lose my patience waiting on a 3090 XC3 ultra. The only cards this week I think they were were the FTW cards. Its been weeks and I have not seen 1 person say they got a XC3.
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 18:45:10 (permalink)
    Tabemaju
    Guys, I just want my Tickle Me Elmo FTW3 Ultra.

post edited by Nereus - 2020/10/19 18:53:31

Attached Image(s)

fofal
    Re: WHY ARE ONLY THE TOP END CARDS EMAILS GOING OUT AND WHERE ARE THE LOWER CARDS? 2020/10/19 18:55:45 (permalink)
    It's like AA meeting for video cards.
    Hi, my name is Mike and I pre ordered a 3080.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile