EVGA

There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
AnnahsBananas
  • Total Posts : 19
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/10/30 10:02:44 (permalink)
I know EVGA are doing an awesome job with their notify list so I am assuming these EVGAs are from other sites such as Best Buy or Newegg

In any case....400 listings is insane. The saddest thing? 200 are sold about every other day on these bidding sites. 

People are fueling the scalpers. As long as people buy from these guys and as long as sites do not use basic anti-bot software this will be ongoing well into 2021

76 Replies Related Threads

CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14533
    • Ribbons : 222
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 10:13:06 (permalink)
    Yeah and the worst part is there are people that are getting these cards through the notify and step up queue and then just flipping them anyway. Unfortunately EVGA can't really do anything once the user has the card in hand. It's a terrible situation, these people are feeding and justifying the scalpers and all the while prolonging the time an actual end user will have to wait to get one. 

I also find it ridiculous that blatant scalping of goods and items is allowed on eBay. These people aren't even trying to hide that they are just inflating the price to make a buck. 

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
    Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
    ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
    64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
    MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
    SeanDude05
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 173
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 10:20:04 (permalink)
    Most are not really ‘sold’ as people are just not paying after the auction ends. Then they tie the cards up for a few days until a no pay case goes through. I highly doubt it’s much more than a 20% of all sales actually exchange money and ship out.

EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA + Hybrid Kit
    justin_43
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3326
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 10:25:43 (permalink)
    CraptacularOne
    Yeah and the worst part is there are people that are getting these cards through the notify and step up queue and then just flipping them anyway. Unfortunately EVGA can't really do anything once the user has the card in hand. It's a terrible situation, these people are feeding and justifying the scalpers and all the while prolonging the time an actual end user will have to wait to get one. 

I also find it ridiculous that blatant scalping of goods and items is allowed on eBay. These people aren't even trying to hide that they are just inflating the price to make a buck. 

I agree, but ebay welcomes it. The more they sell for the bigger cut ebay gets. There is zero incentive for them to stop it. And as far as EVGA there really isn't much they could do. I guess they could have limited sales to only Elite members only, and also remove the "100 posts" qualification so only past customers could purchase? Do this until the hype dies down? There would be tons of whining if they did that though. And I'm sure they don't want to alienate new customers. It's a bad situation.

ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC • Intel Core i7 12700K • MSI Z690 Edge WiFi • 32GB G.Skill Trident Z • EVGA 1600T2 PSU
    3x 2TB Samsung 980 Pros in RAID 0 • 250GB Samsung 980 Pro • 2x WD 2TB Blacks in RAID 0 • Lian-Li PC-D600WB
    EK Quantum Velocity • EK Quantum Vector² • EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 • 2x Alphacool 420mm Rads
    LG CX 48" • 2x Wasabi Mango UHD430s 43" • HP LP3065 30" • Ducky Shine 7 Blackout • Logitech MX Master
    Sennheiser HD660S w/ XLR • Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD • Drop + THX AAA 789 • DarkVoice 336SE OTL
    MrMichaelJames
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 229
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 10:33:20 (permalink)
    There is technically nothing illegal or wrong about what they are doing. Someone has a product someone else has a demand for the product. The one demanding the product will pay market rate as determined by demand.
    emmett
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 513
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 10:35:18 (permalink)
    MrMichaelJames
    There is technically nothing illegal or wrong about what they are doing. Someone has a product someone else has a demand for the product. The one demanding the product will pay market rate as determined by demand.

Except that its artificially created demand.

Currently using
    Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7

EVGA 2080 TI KingPin
    Intel 9900K
    GSkill 3200
    EVGA G2 1300 
    rawlbot
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 10:45:29 (permalink)
    emmett
    MrMichaelJames

Artificially how? There is in fact scarcity of a product which drives demand which then inflates the market rate. I'm not saying I like it or I'm happy about it but it's our economic system of choice for the time. :/ 
    arock0627
    • Total Posts : 61
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 11:28:28 (permalink)
    rawlbot
    emmett
    MrMichaelJames

Artificially how? There is in fact scarcity of a product which drives demand which then inflates the market rate. I'm not saying I like it or I'm happy about it but it's our economic system of choice for the time. :/ 

They're creating the scarcity by buying dozens of them and then gating them behind double the MSRP.
    I know people really want to be bitcoin libertarian bros but man the excuses y'all come up with why predatory commerce is AOK just blow my mind.
    rawlbot
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 11:46:01 (permalink)
    arock0627
    rawlbot
    emmett
    MrMichaelJames

They're creating the scarcity by buying dozens of them and then gating them behind double the MSRP.
    I know people really want to be bitcoin libertarian bros but man the excuses y'all come up with why predatory commerce is AOK just blow my mind.

I'm such a boomer that I inadvertently got myself labeled as a wannabe bitcoin libertarian bro by talking about scarcity 101, lol. 

I'll try again - I don't like the fact that people are scalping cards on ebay at 2x the MSRP. I hate it. I thought I would be able to get a 3080 by November back in August but that doesn't seem to be the case and that sucks. However, the situation you're describing isn't exactly what's happening, the scarcity is at the source. Let's imagine for a second that we live in a world where ebay doesn't exist and scalping is not allowed. The GPU companies go out to make 3080s and manage to produce, let's say, 10 cards each week and realize that there's about 10,000 customers waiting outside to buy one. Obviously, they are not going to have enough cards for all 10,000 so instead of opening and selling the 10 cards they do have at the original price they say to themselves, "Let's just increase the price by X times until only 10 people are left in the line". - That is predatory commerce and that is NOT what is happening here.

EVGA (to stay on the topic of this thread) is selling their 10 (still following the example above, not literally) cards they have each week to 10 very lucky people (given the scarcity and situation) at the agreed upon MSRP. Those people are then realizing they have an opportunity to sell this highly coveted item for double what they paid. They wouldn't have this option if people weren't lining up to buy from them and willing to pay double. So I guess, if you want to be angry at someone be angry at the people paying double and maybe also at NVIDIA for barging into this situation with no product to meet demand. 

arock0627
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 12:03:34 (permalink)
    rawlbot
    arock0627
    rawlbot
    emmett
    MrMichaelJames

I'm such a boomer that I inadvertently got myself labeled as a wannabe bitcoin libertarian bro by talking about scarcity 101, lol. 

I'll try again - I don't like the fact that people are scalping cards on ebay at 2x the MSRP. I hate it. I thought I would be able to get a 3080 by November back in August but that doesn't seem to be the case and that sucks. However, the situation you're describing isn't exactly what's happening, the scarcity is at the source. Let's imagine for a second that we live in a world where ebay doesn't exist and scalping is not allowed. The GPU companies go out to make 3080s and manage to produce, let's say, 10 cards each week and realize that there's about 10,000 customers waiting outside to buy one. Obviously, they are not going to have enough cards for all 10,000 so instead of opening and selling the 10 cards they do have at the original price they say to themselves, "Let's just increase the price by X times until only 10 people are left in the line". - That is predatory commerce and that is NOT what is happening here.

EVGA (to stay on the topic of this thread) is selling their 10 (still following the example above, not literally) cards they have each week to 10 very lucky people (given the scarcity and situation) at the agreed upon MSRP. Those people are then realizing they have an opportunity to sell this highly coveted item for double what they paid. They wouldn't have this option if people weren't lining up to buy from them and willing to pay double. So I guess, if you want to be angry at someone be angry at the people paying double and maybe also at NVIDIA for barging into this situation with no product to meet demand. 

Nope.  I'm going to be angry at the people buying them using bots that are STILL scouring any stock that comes online because they're engaging in predatory gamesmanship, and you're all for it because it's an "opportunity."
    d.burnette
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5496
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 12:04:50 (permalink)
    Yep scalpers are the only ones winning in this launch of Nvidia cards.
    In the meantime, loyal customers are left hanging out to dry for the most part.

Don 

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz all cores | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | EVGA T2 Titanium 1000w Power Supply | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SATA SSD | EVGA DG 87 Case |

R3L3NTL3SS
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 575
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 12:07:45 (permalink)
    A few scalpers on ebay are a drop in the bucket compared to the real shortage issues...
    pmclean
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 154
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 12:53:48 (permalink)
    You're correct in saying price gouging on ebay is not illegal. However it should be. There are places where certain items are illegal to scalp, sports & concert tickets. Tickets for big events is a much broader audience and sites like ticketmaster make EVGA's webstore look tiny. So there was a much a larger "public voice" or outcry about price gouging. People/companies/lobbyists successfully influenced certain law makers to make new laws more in line with public opinion, that price gouging is immoral and should be illegal. 

So maybe the gaming industry can influence law makers to do the same for computer hardware. It would be a tough battle because companies like ebay and amazon would lose money so who knows if it would ever happen. 

I think the far majority of us can agree situations like this are wrong. People should not be able to use bots to buy all the cards and sell them for double the original price.
    If there is a hell these scalpers will be there for eternity because they are pure scum! They are not smart business people. 

Reminds of the pharmaceutical company that started buying smaller companies that held patents for drugs people with rare diseases need. Then they jacked up the prices sometimes >1000%. Wall street investors called the ceo a business genius for his new business model of a pharmaceutical company. They had NO research and development budget. Instead they put all their money and efforts into mergers and acquisitions. Eventually enough people that couldn't afford their medicine told their stories and the government stepped in. 
    That ceo was no business genius he was just a scum bag. 

Current Build Direct die 10900KF w/Grizzly LM w/Optimus V2 Sig Block on an ASUS Maximus XII Apex, 32 GB 4000MT/s Cl 15 G.Skill Trident Z Royal RAM, EVGA RTX 3090 KingPin w/Optimus Waterblock, EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra w/Optimus Absolute Waterblock, EVGA 1600W G+ PSU, 2 x Corsair MP510 960GB M.2 RAID0, 2 x WD Blue 1 TB SSD RAID0, 2 x 6TB WD Red Pro 7200RPM HDD RAID0, EVGA Nu Audio Card, Lian Li Strimer Plus 3x8 Pin & 24 Pin, Corsair 7000D White Case, 7 x Lian Li SL140 Fans, Corsair XD7 Distro Plate w/Xylem D5 Pump, Samsung 55" QN90A, Samsung c49RG9 Ultrawide Monitor, HyperX Cloud Orbit Headphones, Sony AV Reciever STR-DN 1080, KEF Q Series 5.1 Speakers, Glorious Model D Gaming Mouse,  SteelSeries Apex Pro KB, Corsair MM300 XL & MM350 XL Gaming Mouse Pad, Vartan Gaming Chair, APC Back UPS PRO BR 1350VA, MO-RA3 420 w/ 2 x WCP D5-Vario Pumps w/HeatKiller D5-TOP, PrimoChill RevolverSX UV Pink Rigid Fittings.

Avolate
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 134
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 12:58:45 (permalink)
    The Notify system is a good attempt.  But its not enough.  The scalpers can just sign up to buy cards. 

EVGA you guys have all the information on what cards we have bought from you before.   You know for example that I bought a 1080 FTW.   So if I want to upgrade to the 3000 series you should give out upgrade vouchers.   Let people who are actually upgrading their cards buy them first. 
    l00pback
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 136
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 13:26:52 (permalink)
    Wrong vs Right is subjective.  Morally, buying a card then immediately flipping it is a d*ck move... but it isnt really "wrong.  
    Instead of saying that they are wrong to do it, lets just call them d*cks and move on with our lives...

MSI MPG Z390M 
    i7-9700K
    Noctua NH-U14s
    32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3600
    Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super 
    Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVME PCIe 4.0
    EVGA Supernova 750 G2
    Thermaltake Level 20 VT
    arock0627
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 13:30:53 (permalink)
    l00pback
    Wrong vs Right is subjective.  Morally, buying a card then immediately flipping it is a d*ck move... but it isnt really "wrong.  
    Instead of saying that they are wrong to do it, lets just call them d*cks and move on with our lives...

I'd prefer to continue pushing onwards to get regulations that force this kind of stuff to be illegal, gutting the scalper market
    bee144
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 345
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 13:36:34 (permalink)
    At least in the United States, it's a free market. As long as the item isn't an essential item, like food or clothing, then you can list it for whatever price you want.
    Once you own the item, you can do whatever you want with it. If someone wants to take a sledgehammer to their 3090, then let them.
    Some of the people on here are treating GPUs as if they're an essential item... like they'll die if they don't eat the latest GPU. Chill out.
    Also, as someone else said, eBay thrives on "scalping." Of course they aren't going to stop it because it's not illegal nor against their terms and conditions.
    The GPUs have still only been out a few weeks. Give it a few more weeks and demand will soon be met.
    Lawmakers should concern them with way more important things than making sure mom's basement nerds get the latest GPU 4 weeks sooner.

The real question should be directed at NVIDIA and why they couldn't meet demand?
    Hillguy
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1320
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 13:36:45 (permalink)
    Here's a novel idea ... Remove ebay and any other scalping supporters from the "Certified Reseller / Retailer"  list , not just eVGA do it  ( no no ) I mean ALL the manufacturers do it as a show of solidarity to All Their Loyal Customers , Asus , MSI , Gigabyte ,  ect , ect.   All do it on the same day at the same time.   Then all those "opportunists" will be stuck , " Having trouble with your card sir ? Could you upload your invoice please ... oh my I'm sorry but due to the fact you aquired your card from an Unauthorized Retailer unfortunately there's .. NO WARRANTY FOR YOU !  How's that for a smack on the wrist ??  

Just like Seinfeld " NO SOUP FOR YOU " 

eVGA RTX 3090 Kingpin Hydrocopper | eVGA X299 Dark | Intel i9 10980XE | Heatkiller IV CPU Block | 32 GB GSkill Trident Z 3200  | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo | Dual Corsair AX1200i PSU's | Dual Koolance RP-1000 Pumps | Dual Koolance EHX-1320 4x120mm Rads | W10 | Asus PB278Q | Acer 20" | Razer Death Stalker | Razer Death Adder | Thermaltake Armor+
    brianburrell
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 13:37:31 (permalink)
    Without strict enforced laws and regulations, people will endlessly scalp and companies like amazon and eBay will continue to profit from it.  In the US, we‘ve always been too slow to catch up to fast changing technology in terms of proper regulation.   I‘m beyond furious about the scalpers lately especially when I witnessed hundreds of COVID-19 related products scalped online and a multi billion dollar company like Amazon was super slow to address it.  Toilet paper and thermometers.  Really?

The saddest part about this issue is that some of the scalpers I looked into near my area seemed to be wealthy real estate brokers.  Not like that matters that much but it just irked me even more vs not knowing.  Ignorance is bliss right?

Yes the US and other countries have some basic laws to prevent certain goods and services from being inflated during crisis scenarios but if even those are hard to enforce, do we think graphics cards will be given much attention?  Especially during a global pandemic when a lot of these goods are seen as purely entertainment.

As an artist, gamer and game dev I really hope this scalping madness doesn‘t continue to spiral out of control especially since it impacts my job and work.

ps I 100% appreciate what EVGA is attempting with the notify system even if I feel slightly burned for choosing the neglected XC3 3090 lol 😆 
    arock0627
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 13:53:28 (permalink)
    bee144
    At least in the United States, it's a free market. As long as the item isn't an essential item, like food or clothing, then you can list it for whatever price you want.
    Once you own the item, you can do whatever you want with it. If someone wants to take a sledgehammer to their 3090, then let them.
    Some of the people on here are treating GPUs as if they're an essential item... like they'll die if they don't eat the latest GPU. Chill out.
    Also, as someone else said, eBay thrives on "scalping." Of course they aren't going to stop it because it's not illegal nor against their terms and conditions.
    The GPUs have still only been out a few weeks. Give it a few more weeks and demand will soon be met.
    Lawmakers should concern them with way more important things than making sure mom's basement nerds get the latest GPU 4 weeks sooner.

The real question should be directed at NVIDIA and why they couldn't meet demand?

Love the blame shifting.  It makes me think the people here praising the free market are probably scalpers, tbh.
    ngaugler
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 138
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 13:57:12 (permalink)
    Ticket scalping became illegal when the venues (Ticketmaster monopoly) realized they were losing money.   They weren't losing money because they were selling less tickets, they were losing money because scalpers were doing the same thing they were and earning more.  They then paid money to lobbyist to push around law makers to enact laws make scalping illegal if you did not have permission from the company selling the tickets.  This allowed ticket master and the venues to take all the profits the scalpers normally would have taken.    Take a simple MLB game as an example.  If you look on StubHub there's tons of seats available for high prices, much higher than retail.  These tickets are reserved by MLB to be sold on StubHub at a higher price than MLB can sell them for on their own website.  MLB makes more money and of course StubHub gets their piece of the pie.  If StubHub doesn't sell the tickets, they (used to?) release them back MLB to sell.  I got great tickets to Game 1 of the world series ~1hr before the game started on MLBs website because no one bought them on StubHub.

The bottom line is retail companies and manufacturers would need to invest money in lobbyist to push around law makers to make a law.  The retail companies and manufacturers would need to see some gain from this, so they'd probably do the same thing - create the laws so that they can sell the items for a huge markup on Ebay themselves.  In the end, you would still be in the same situation.  The entity making the money would shift from  scalpers to the manufacturers / retailers.

pmclean
    Superclocked Member
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 14:22:22 (permalink)
    The part that makes this wrong is the blatant price gouging.

Yes obviously when you buy something you own it and you can do whatever you like with it. Obviously. Except for games on steam.
    Blows my mind how people can say this should be allowed to continue.
    The government should concern themselves with the will of the people and most people think price gouging is wrong. 
    I couldn't remember earlier but the pharmaceutical company I referred to was valeant and the ceo was michael pearson.

For those who never heard of it here's a little info;
    "This pricing controversy was originally raised when Senator Bernie Sanders and Representative Elijah Cummings sent a letter to Valeant seeking justification for huge price increases it put on two life-saving drugs: Nitropress and Isuprel. The company had raised the price of Isuprel by almost six times and the price of Nitropress by over three times.[20] Shortly after, Democratic members of Congress attempted to subpoena Valeant for this information."

It's a different situation, but the basic premise is there, take ownership of something then jack up the prices.

Oh and it's not just nerds in their mom's basement.

Current Build Direct die 10900KF w/Grizzly LM w/Optimus V2 Sig Block on an ASUS Maximus XII Apex, 32 GB 4000MT/s Cl 15 G.Skill Trident Z Royal RAM, EVGA RTX 3090 KingPin w/Optimus Waterblock, EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra w/Optimus Absolute Waterblock, EVGA 1600W G+ PSU, 2 x Corsair MP510 960GB M.2 RAID0, 2 x WD Blue 1 TB SSD RAID0, 2 x 6TB WD Red Pro 7200RPM HDD RAID0, EVGA Nu Audio Card, Lian Li Strimer Plus 3x8 Pin & 24 Pin, Corsair 7000D White Case, 7 x Lian Li SL140 Fans, Corsair XD7 Distro Plate w/Xylem D5 Pump, Samsung 55" QN90A, Samsung c49RG9 Ultrawide Monitor, HyperX Cloud Orbit Headphones, Sony AV Reciever STR-DN 1080, KEF Q Series 5.1 Speakers, Glorious Model D Gaming Mouse,  SteelSeries Apex Pro KB, Corsair MM300 XL & MM350 XL Gaming Mouse Pad, Vartan Gaming Chair, APC Back UPS PRO BR 1350VA, MO-RA3 420 w/ 2 x WCP D5-Vario Pumps w/HeatKiller D5-TOP, PrimoChill RevolverSX UV Pink Rigid Fittings.

njbongo
    • Total Posts : 68
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 14:34:21 (permalink)
    SeanDude05
    Most are not really ‘sold’ as people are just not paying after the auction ends. Then they tie the cards up for a few days until a no pay case goes through. I highly doubt it’s much more than a 20% of all sales actually exchange money and ship out.

That COULD be the case, except, when you list something as "Buy It Now" on eBay you can enforce an "immediate payment" rule.  The transaction is not complete until payment as made so the listing never ends.  Look at the sold items, this is the majority of them.
    Even in auction format, a seller has two options, wait for the winning bidder to pay, file an "unpaid item claim" (48 hour hold), or just choose to relist it in a few hours and the winning bidder is out of luck and cannot even leave feedback.

I've been selling on eBay since 2004, trust me, most of those cards listed as "sold" were actually sold.  I'm sure the scalpers aren't idiots and filing unpaid item claims, and tying up their cards for 2 days.

EDIT:  Forgot to add, when you check off "Completed Items" and "Sold" together, that only shows items that were PAID.
    Cableguy696969
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 340
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 14:51:53 (permalink)
    I love how all of those ebay listings state "ABSOLUTELY NO RETURNS!!!!"

Maximus XII Formula | Core i9 10900k @ 5.3Ghz all cores | 16GB G.Skill DDR4 4400mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | ROG Thor 1200W | ROG PG35VQ
    kelkel1
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 601
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 15:07:04 (permalink)
    I am letting everyone buy this first generation of rushed-to-market, sub-standard quality cards and waiting for the refined next gen.

Z390 DARK, 9900K, 2080 FTW3 ULTRA, GSKILL 4500, 960EVO M.2
    https://valid.x86.fr/52sqs5
    riku98523
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 135
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 15:32:52 (permalink)
    pmclean
    The part that makes this wrong is the blatant price gouging.

Yes obviously when you buy something you own it and you can do whatever you like with it. Obviously. Except for games on steam.
    Blows my mind how people can say this should be allowed to continue.
    The government should concern themselves with the will of the people and most people think price gouging is wrong. 
    I couldn't remember earlier but the pharmaceutical company I referred to was valeant and the ceo was michael pearson.

For those who never heard of it here's a little info;
    "This pricing controversy was originally raised when Senator Bernie Sanders and Representative Elijah Cummings sent a letter to Valeant seeking justification for huge price increases it put on two life-saving drugs: Nitropress and Isuprel. The company had raised the price of Isuprel by almost six times and the price of Nitropress by over three times.[20] Shortly after, Democratic members of Congress attempted to subpoena Valeant for this information."

It's a different situation, but the basic premise is there, take ownership of something then jack up the prices.

Oh and it's not just nerds in their mom's basement.

That's not the same thing at all man. A company buying ownership of a patent or whatever is completely different than bob buying a product and then selling it at a higher price of he is able to.

Your analogy is awful. An accurate analogy would be if bob bought EVGA and then sold the cards at a jacked up price. Bernie sanders and other liberal law markers would never say an individual citizen can't offer a product at jacked up prices if able. These aren't products anyone has to have and companies still exist selling them at reasonable prices.
    arock0627
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 15:51:48 (permalink)
    njbongo
    SeanDude05

That COULD be the case, except, when you list something as "Buy It Now" on eBay you can enforce an "immediate payment" rule.  The transaction is not complete until payment as made so the listing never ends.  Look at the sold items, this is the majority of them.
    Even in auction format, a seller has two options, wait for the winning bidder to pay, file an "unpaid item claim" (48 hour hold), or just choose to relist it in a few hours and the winning bidder is out of luck and cannot even leave feedback.

I've been selling on eBay since 2004, trust me, most of those cards listed as "sold" were actually sold.  I'm sure the scalpers aren't idiots and filing unpaid item claims, and tying up their cards for 2 days.

EDIT:  Forgot to add, when you check off "Completed Items" and "Sold" together, that only shows items that were PAID.

I really hate how much of Ebay and Amazon is based around supporting these leeches.
    pmclean
    Superclocked Member
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 15:56:32 (permalink)
    riku98523

That's not the same thing at all man. A company buying ownership of a patent or whatever is completely different than bob buying a product and then selling it at a higher price of he is able to.

Your analogy is awful. An accurate analogy would be if bob bought EVGA and then sold the cards at a jacked up price. Bernie sanders and other liberal law markers would never say an individual citizen can't offer a product at jacked up prices if able. These aren't products anyone has to have and companies still exist selling them at reasonable prices.

Yeah it's not the same, that's why I said it's a different. In my original post I said this reminded me of valeant. 

The similarity is price gouging. 

I would never expect bernie sanders to do anything about this, I didn't imply that in any way. I simply provided a small quote from wikipedia for people that maybe never heard of it. 

njbongo
    • Total Posts : 68
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 16:51:43 (permalink)
    arock0627
    njbongo
    SeanDude05

I really hate how much of Ebay and Amazon is based around supporting these leeches.

Well, remember, you pay an average 10% to eBay, and 3-5% to PayPal, plus the listing fees (averages 4 bucks).  Of course they don't give a rat's ass about scalpers.  The higher they sell an RTX 30 series card for, the more THEY make too.
    They actually split back into two companies again in 2015, which I found out recently, but if you want to take credit cards you are FORCED to use PayPal at the moment.  eBay isn't allowing merchant accounts to accept cards any longer, because they are "testing" eBay Marketplace payments.  Invitation only for now.

Nvidia doesn't care either, they are selling cards no matter who buys them at whatever price.  I am curious to see if AMD follows through on their promise to not let bots get all their new launches this month, they have a publicly released letter to online authorized resellers to take anti bot measures too.  We will see.
    Most likely getting Ryzen 5900x and a 6800xt, but not canceling my que position just yet !

arock0627
    Re: There are currently over 400 RTX3080 GPUs on Ebay and about 40% of them are EVGA 2020/10/30 18:13:04 (permalink)
    njbongo
    arock0627
    njbongo
    SeanDude05

Well, remember, you pay an average 10% to eBay, and 3-5% to PayPal, plus the listing fees (averages 4 bucks).  Of course they don't give a rat's ass about scalpers.  The higher they sell an RTX 30 series card for, the more THEY make too.
    They actually split back into two companies again in 2015, which I found out recently, but if you want to take credit cards you are FORCED to use PayPal at the moment.  eBay isn't allowing merchant accounts to accept cards any longer, because they are "testing" eBay Marketplace payments.  Invitation only for now.

Nvidia doesn't care either, they are selling cards no matter who buys them at whatever price.  I am curious to see if AMD follows through on their promise to not let bots get all their new launches this month, they have a publicly released letter to online authorized resellers to take anti bot measures too.  We will see.
    Most likely getting Ryzen 5900x and a 6800xt, but not canceling my que position just yet !

I wouldnt count on the 6800xt being in stock, either.

And probably not the 5900X, judging by how bad availability for the 3900/3950 was.

The bots are going to eat whatever "safeguards" AMD puts up, and they'll do it quickly.
    post edited by arock0627 - 2020/10/30 18:17:29
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile