Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread!

Page: << < ..678910 > Showing page 9 of 10
Author
fm123
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 131
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/01/25 12:03:20 (permalink)
exilelrrp
Anyone else notice the volume goes a bit above middle setting when using headsets streaming Netflix or using tablet itself,

I raise the volume on Nextflix, then I check to make sure it's up all the way, but it goes back to middle automatically?
I keep trying this and every time the results are the same? so now I go to Settings/Sound/Volumes same thing I raise it up hit ok
exit, then I go back the volume is back to mid section again?

Now without the headset on tablet it works with no problem Volume stays up,
now that sucks! why are they forcing that on headsets, we should have the option to choose if we want to raise the volume and keep it as we choose
with headsets on tablet.

I hope they fix that issue and give us better audio options and EQ setting's, I had to get an App for Music EQ to give it some great
audio with better bass.

When I plug them in it reduces the volume and has a window on screen warning about loud volume.  Then I can change the volume after clearing the window.
exilelrrp
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 411
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/01/26 01:20:10 (permalink)
fm123
exilelrrp
Anyone else notice the volume goes a bit above middle setting when using headsets streaming Netflix or using tablet itself,

I raise the volume on Nextflix, then I check to make sure it's up all the way, but it goes back to middle automatically?
I keep trying this and every time the results are the same? so now I go to Settings/Sound/Volumes same thing I raise it up hit ok

now that sucks! why are they forcing that on headsets, we should have the option to choose if we want to raise the volume and keep it as we choose
with headsets on tablet.

I hope they fix that issue and give us better audio options and EQ setting's, I had to get an App for Music EQ to give it some great
audio with better bass.

When I plug them in it reduces the volume and has a window on screen warning about loud volume.  Then I can change the volume after clearing the window.

Where please show me, because I never saw or seen that option...

*Lian Li PC-011D Mini (Black) *i9-10900K *ROG Strix Z490-G *Nzxt Kraken Z73/Lian Li UNI SL120 Series *Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 *Corsair HX1200i *EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ultra FTW3 *Samsung 970 Evo M.2 1TB *Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB *Samsung 840 Evo Series 1TB SSD *Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ *Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB *Corsair Dark Core *Corsair Gaming MM800 *Corsair ST100 *Razer Nari Ultimate.

AlejoM94
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/01/26 02:47:17 (permalink)
Hope that coupon helped you all with the Skinomi screen protector. So far loving the protector! Easy to apply and keeps my screen relatively smudge free. Though I am noticing dust adhering to my screen more easily than before. Still a great purchase for less than 7 bucks! 

Got the last OTA update and hope the wifi problems have been worked out. Guess I'll have to check when I get back to school on Monday. It wasn't really working there.

I have noticed a complete change in responsiveness to waking the screen with the power button. Sometimes I have to press it multiple times or wait a couple of seconds all together to have anything show up on screen. Anyone having similar problems?
starplatinum81
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/01/27 11:38:27 (permalink)
 I've applied the illumishield screen protector with "hinge method" no bubbles at all perfect!!! I reccomend it!
I'm a little bit sad about my blue stack pixel but, anyway, You can very hardly see it, I'll live with that
fm123
Superclocked Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/01/27 13:09:15 (permalink)
exilelrrp
fm123
exilelrrp

with headsets on tablet.

audio with better bass.

On the home page i plug in the headset and push volume up.  This shows up on screen.  Maybe you don't see it if you are on a full screen program.

tsbrewers
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 108
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/01/27 17:09:38 (permalink)
it is built in to android, and about the only work around without rooting is to install something like hearing saver.

https://play.google.com/s...e.android.hearingsaver
exilelrrp
iCX Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/01/28 16:46:00 (permalink)
AlejoM94
Hope that coupon helped you all with the Skinomi screen protector. So far loving the protector! Easy to apply and keeps my screen relatively smudge free. Though I am noticing dust adhering to my screen more easily than before. Still a great purchase for less than 7 bucks! 

Got the last OTA update and hope the wifi problems have been worked out. Guess I'll have to check when I get back to school on Monday. It wasn't really working there.

I have noticed a complete change in responsiveness to waking the screen with the power button. Sometimes I have to press it multiple times or wait a couple of seconds all together to have anything show up on screen. Anyone having similar problems?

1- Yes
fm123
exilelrrp
fm123
exilelrrp

with headsets on tablet.

audio with better bass.

On the home page i plug in the headset and push volume up.  This shows up on screen.  Maybe you don't see it if you are on a full screen program.
No I don't have it in full screen and thank you for that picture I fixed that minor issue, I was doing it all wrong by going straight to settings 
or directly to Netflix
with stylus pen after plugging headset, now I plugged in headset push the volume button on the side of TN7 that notification window pops up!
Thanx!!! I'm set now

*Lian Li PC-011D Mini (Black) *i9-10900K *ROG Strix Z490-G *Nzxt Kraken Z73/Lian Li UNI SL120 Series *Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 *Corsair HX1200i *EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ultra FTW3 *Samsung 970 Evo M.2 1TB *Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB *Samsung 840 Evo Series 1TB SSD *Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ *Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB *Corsair Dark Core *Corsair Gaming MM800 *Corsair ST100 *Razer Nari Ultimate.

exilelrrp
iCX Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/01/28 16:47:59 (permalink)
tsbrewers
it is built in to android, and about the only work around without rooting is to install something like hearing saver.

?? what for

exilelrrp
iCX Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/01/28 16:56:21 (permalink)
AlejoM94

Hellz! Yeah! I bought 2 and it was still under $14.00 it's perfect! Thank You!
I never had or have a Wi-Fi problem with my TN7, hope you get that fixed.

tsbrewers
Superclocked Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/01/28 16:56:44 (permalink)
exilelrrp
tsbrewers

?? what for

So when you insert headphones, you don't get the nag message about turning the volume up too much.   You set this app so every time you plug in headphones, it goes to a certain volume.  
exilelrrp
iCX Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/01/29 17:57:27 (permalink)
tsbrewers
exilelrrp
tsbrewers

?? what for

So when you insert headphones, you don't get the nag message about turning the volume up too much.   You set this app so every time you plug in headphones, it goes to a certain volume.  

I don't need that app to do that after finding out how to set it' thanx to ( AlejoM94 ) 
It was a very simple option I over looked by not physically pressing the volume button on the side and the good thing about it, that "nag message" doesn't show up anymore when I plug headsets, volume stays up!

skumdog
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/02/12 06:26:59 (permalink)
What's up guys I just ordered my Tegra Note 7, last night from newegg. So I don't have it in hand, but I am an official owner of this awesome tablet! I can't wait to get it and start playing with it. I have so many games that I can't even play on my old tablet, it's gonna kick ass actually being able to play the games I own. Thank you nVidia for releasing a real tablet with the Tegra 4 chip set. Ooooh I can't wait. 
Fiv3Score
  • Total Posts : 44
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/02/17 15:52:35 (permalink)
Hey everyone, just ordered my Tegra Note 7 from newegg along with the case and pro stylus (will be using it for digital art & games). Reading some of the posts is worrying me to a degree, with all the issues popping up. I'm hoping I don't get a lemon as I really don't want to deal with having to send it back for replacement (had some bad experiences before).

Anyway I have a question as a first-time tablet buyer:

Should I buy a screen protector if I plan to do some drawing on this tablet? Does it affect the stylus sensitivity in any way? is there risk of scratching the screen with the stylus? As I said earlier, I'm already getting the slide case but couldn't find a screen protector on the newegg canada site. 

tsbrewers
Superclocked Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/02/17 15:57:23 (permalink)
I definitely would get a screen protector, it really doesn't affect the stylus much if any.   I know a few people commented early on that they scratched their screen with the stylus itself, so it is a good idea.  

Mine, I just bought a pack of cheap ones made for an ipad or something.  Then used a paper cutter and cut it roughly to the size of the tablet.   Then installed it right over the front camera and light sensor.   I think I spent about $6 for 3 covers, much cheaper than the custom ones.   
Fiv3Score
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/02/17 21:02:32 (permalink)
tsbrewers
I definitely would get a screen protector, it really doesn't affect the stylus much if any.   I know a few people commented early on that they scratched their screen with the stylus itself, so it is a good idea.  

Mine, I just bought a pack of cheap ones made for an ipad or something.  Then used a paper cutter and cut it roughly to the size of the tablet.   Then installed it right over the front camera and light sensor.   I think I spent about $6 for 3 covers, much cheaper than the custom ones.   

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that's what I was afraid of.. but I can't seem to find any Canadian sites selling tegra note screen protectors. I do like the Skinomi ones, but its $20 just for shipping to Canada.. Looks like I will have to do the same and just find one that fits
AlchemyDoll
  • Total Posts : 1
Help! New Tegra Note 7...updating drivers? 2014/02/18 06:35:40 (permalink)
Loving my new Tegra Note 7...but...when the usb cable is plugged into my computer for data transfer I get a message saying Tegra Note: driver unavailable. My computer refuses to speak to my Tegra...aside from counselling them to play nicely together any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Is there an onboard way to update drivers? There just doesn't seem to be a place to do so on the EVGA site.

"There's power in stories, though. That's all history is: the best tales. The ones that last. Might as well be mine." Varric Tethras
Telrunya
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 128
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Help! New Tegra Note 7...updating drivers? 2014/02/18 06:57:00 (permalink)
AlchemyDoll
Loving my new Tegra Note 7...but...when the usb cable is plugged into my computer for data transfer I get a message saying Tegra Note: driver unavailable. My computer refuses to speak to my Tegra...aside from counselling them to play nicely together any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Is there an onboard way to update drivers? There just doesn't seem to be a place to do so on the EVGA site.

Have you tried using different USB ports and/or enabling USB debugging?

shhardyme
Open About Tablet in SETTINGS

scroll down to BUILD NUMBER

tap Build Number (7) times

You will see that you now have Developer Options

Open Developer Options and select USB Debugging

post edited by Telrunya - 2014/02/18 07:01:18
Fiv3Score
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/02/18 18:32:27 (permalink)
Can anyone recommend a micro sd card? which cards are compatible with the Tegra Note? I see there's different speeds and also sdhc/sdxc. I was looking at the 16/32gb SanDisk Ultra if that works
post edited by Fiv3Score - 2014/02/18 19:49:47
fm123
Superclocked Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/02/18 20:56:10 (permalink)
Fiv3Score
Can anyone recommend a micro sd card? which cards are compatible with the Tegra Note? I see there's different speeds and also sdhc/sdxc. I was looking at the 16/32gb SanDisk Ultra if that works

If you stay at 32 or less, I wouldnt expect problems from name brand cards.  You will want to get the fastest one you can at least Class 10, since when you move apps to the SD card that affects their loading speed.  I think I'm using Sandisk in at least one of these devices.
Telrunya
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 128
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/02/18 21:02:40 (permalink)
I've used both the SanDisk Ultra 32GB and 64GB cards with my tablet. A Class 10 MicroSD card loads/stores data faster than a Class 4 card. So videos will playback smoother and files will load faster. SDXC cards larger than 32GB. Have to-do some special reformatting to make them full compatible with the Tegra Note 7.
Fiv3Score
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/02/18 22:45:52 (permalink)
Thank you very much for the replies. I'll be picking up a 32gb card as it's currently on sale 
deez17
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/02/19 20:27:43 (permalink)
Have two Tegra Note 7s (one for every member of the family) and very satisfied.
I love having the ability to switch cpu cores on the fly when multitasking.
Mainly use my TN7 with Infinite Painter app to do full illustrations, and it has replaced my drawing kit.
Also, using Viral app for multitasking YouTube video overlays is absolutely amazing.

My 2nd slip cover arrived defective missing pins, and I got creative with a fix right after having sent an unnecessary support email.

For those of you with missing/broken slip cover pin problems, all you need is a paper clip and a pair of wire cutters to quickly shop your own metal dowel pins to attach the supplied plastic rod to the silver tegra note hinge. Works even better than the original, IMO.

Hope this helps!

Cheers 
post edited by deez17 - 2014/02/19 20:28:47
exilelrrp
iCX Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/02/20 00:55:41 (permalink)
Fiv3Score Should I buy a screen protector if I plan to do some drawing on this tablet? Does it affect the stylus sensitivity in any way? is there risk of scratching the screen with the stylus? As I said earlier, I'm already getting the slide case but couldn't find a screen protector on the newegg canada site. 
Well it's always good to buy a screen protector for any gadget, heres a website for screen protector http://www.skinomi.com/sk14755-hp-slate-7-screen-protector.html fit's perfect, sorry about not having the value code to get it cheaper under $6.00

On scratching the screen with stylus?
that person gotta be really pressing hard breaking through the rubber point to scratch the screen!
I use it for art as well and I used it before without screen protector and it's smooth glide the key thing is to focus on the guiding dot "the point" and go with the flow.

gadgetboi
  • Total Posts : 36
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/02/20 12:43:22 (permalink)
I took a Skinomi HP Slate Extreme carbon fiber skin, did a little trimming, forming with some heat and it fits nicely on the Note. Also added an unused EVGA case badge. I like the carbon fiber add-on, wish the badge was a little smaller.

SFF - ITX | Fractal Node 304/MSI Z87 itx | i5 4670K | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600 |NVIDIA GeForce EVGA GTX 750Ti SC | 120GB HyperX SSD | Seagate 1TB Hybrid SDD/HDD | Win7 x64 | Corsair TX750w

EVGA Tegra Note -Tegra 4 -4.4.2 | HTC One X+ -Tegra 3 -4.2.2 | Asus Transformer Prime TF201 -Tegra 3 
exilelrrp
iCX Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/02/20 16:30:57 (permalink)
gadgetboi
I took a Skinomi HP Slate Extreme carbon fiber skin, did a little trimming, forming with some heat and it fits nicely on the Note. Also added an unused EVGA case badge. I like the carbon fiber add-on, wish the badge was a little smaller.

Might do the same Nice!

jeepn
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1447
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/02/28 11:05:05 (permalink)
Just ordered today... looking forward to my first "note" type device. I've owned numerous EVGA products in the past and feel very comfortable knowing if anything goes wrong, EVGA will make it right. 

NZXT H210i / AMD 5900X / Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II - 280mm / Asus Rog Strix x570i Gaming / EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming / 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 4.0 1TB / Seasonic 850 
Associate Code: DH31IHN4NAL6231
Fiv3Score
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/03/01 02:07:58 (permalink)
I just ended up leaving the protective film on, works well enough. Just trim the tab on the bottom corner
fm123
Superclocked Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/03/01 10:03:36 (permalink)
jeepn
Just ordered today... looking forward to my first "note" type device. I've owned numerous EVGA products in the past and feel very comfortable knowing if anything goes wrong, EVGA will make it right. 

Just leave it at 4.3, is my suggestion, unless you don't use SD card.  In fact, usually it's better to wait until the "all clear" so to speak.  When they released 4.3, there was an update a few weeks later.
escanthon
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/03/07 20:25:16 (permalink)
Just ordered mine, it will arrive Tuesday. I've owned a nexus 7 and didn't care for it after awhile, just lagged too much on my favorite games (monster hunter freedom unite) in areas my note 2 doesn't. So, despite hesitance caused by heat in my last 3 tegra devices (a500, atrix 4g, which were tegra 2, and optimus 4x, which is tegra 3) I decided to go t4! Hoping it's not a godawful flop in comparison.
BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3797
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/03/08 01:29:56 (permalink)
Kit Kat seems to work great on my tablet must be hit and miss..

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

Page: << < ..678910 > Showing page 9 of 10
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile