EVGA

Sent in Laptop for RMA. returned same problem.

Author
Instantlyf
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/02/07 06:50:09 (permalink)
I posted about a problem I had when I first got the laptop back in December. The fan touches the left bottom of the laptop and makes an awful grinding noise even on flat surface. Sometimes it's barely noticeable but most of the time, it's just downright awful and you can't do anything to stop it unless you lift it off the surface.

Finally sent it in for RMA after the long holidays and waited a nearly month to get the laptop back.

I got my own laptop back so I assumed they tried to repair it, but the problem is still there like they forgot to test it out. I sent them another email. This time with video evidence of the problem.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has this problem and that's why EVGA won't repair it because it's normal with all EVGA laptops?

9 Replies Related Threads

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Sent in Laptop for RMA. returned same problem. 2018/02/07 08:47:49 (permalink)
    Nope, not normal, in my experience.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

jcvelarde0613
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Sent in Laptop for RMA. returned same problem. 2018/02/07 10:02:24 (permalink)
    I'm in the same boat, but different issues. I'm waiting on laptop #3. I've had less than a total day of use. Laptop #1 gpu has a dud and stayed clocked at a low mhz. Laptop #2 (which was a return, could tell with the open box and dead skin on the speaker mesh) immediately kept rebooting and artifacting before I could even install my applications. I know there was issues with updating, but I didn't even get the chance to do that. 

I was told I'm not able to return the laptop for a refund, since its outside the window. Sadly that entire window has been me waiting for a replacement. I've had a laptop in my actual possession for a total of two days. 

I wish there's some sort of resolve, but it seems like my only hope is to wait two months after purchase for an actual working unit. I guess bad on me thinking for I was getting a good deal. 
    Instantlyf
    Re: Sent in Laptop for RMA. returned same problem. 2018/02/07 10:47:42 (permalink)
    Thank you for letting me know that it is not normal at all and I am able to get this fixed. I was really worried because it's very annoying and I can't use it in public. Hopefully they will see the video.

As for the repeated RMA, I really hope you are just unlucky because I actually need to use this laptop daily. The last month without it is very inconvenient. I also only used this laptop for a few days after I bought it since the rest was waiting for holiday to end and have them pick it up for RMA.

Hopefully I get the problem fixed within another month. Definitely having some regrets already after reading all the user problems with power supply, noises, artifacts and the lack of upgrades and part replacement down the road.

I bought it at first because I read EVGA service is the best and I could get anything wrong fixed.
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Sent in Laptop for RMA. returned same problem. 2018/02/09 23:59:53 (permalink)

Moved to Warranty section for quicker response.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102313
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Sent in Laptop for RMA. returned same problem. 2018/02/10 00:06:54 (permalink)
    I have forwarded this to EVGA

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Sent in Laptop for RMA. returned same problem. 2018/02/10 00:09:14 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    I have forwarded this to EVGA

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Tech_JoseC
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 383
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Sent in Laptop for RMA. returned same problem. 2018/02/10 00:22:43 (permalink)
    Thanks for forwarding this matter to us, it appears that we have already taken care of Instantlyf and assisted Instantlyf with a RMA and have arranged for UPS to pick up their laptop. 

Instantlyf if you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to get into contact with our customer support team via email or by phone at 1.888.881.3842. We'll address them to the best of our ability. 
    Instantlyf
    Re: Sent in Laptop for RMA. returned same problem. 2018/03/06 13:32:33 (permalink)
    hello.

Just wanted to update the situation on this post. i got the laptop back through the RMA, but the problem with the fan noise is still there.

I had someone more tech savvy take a look at it and they ran some stress tests and saw that under stress, half the CPU cores had a 30 degrees C Differential, and they assumed that the fan might be hitting the chasis. they suggest that since it is still under warranty, they won't mess with it but wanted to find other problems with it.

this will be the 3rd RMA. i bought the laptop in December and reported the problem the day after i got the laptop and the following months have been just RMAing. EVGA has been kind to pay for shipping, but i have had the same laptop bought to me with the same problem again and again. hopefully i can get a promise to get either a new laptop or the same laptop definitely repaired without any heating or noise problems.
    Tech_RayH
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 834
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Sent in Laptop for RMA. returned same problem. 2018/03/06 13:53:09 (permalink)
    I am really sorry to hear about the repeat issues you have been having with this laptop. We will definitely work with you to get this resolved. I will contact you directly soon.

...an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum.
    - Adlai E. Stevenson

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile