EVGA

Sabertooth z77 motherboard and EVGA 1060 6GB SSC questions!

Author
gamernut78
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 383
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/12/09 19:05:55 (permalink)
I will start a new thread later when I am ready to consider a new build but for now, I need expert help on this issue! First of all, I seem to not be able to go to bios at the moment. I think I have discharged my motherboard my putting the wrong video card slot cage back on. I think I slid it in the wrong way but I fixed my error and assumed it wasn't gonna hurt it. Of course, I cannot use the Delete button or F2  or F8. My motherboard manual says Delete button.

I do have a jumper to reset the stuff but I didn't wanna do anything at first because I have a huge dilemma. I can do this myself. Since my Ivy Bridge has thermal I would have to take the motherboard out and take it off and unscrew the screws in the back to take the thermal off then take the battery out. However, I didn't wanna do that and I need someone to educate me properly how to reset this motherboard so I can get back in bios.

I ain't concerned but it's important to get back in bios to determined I have a new part installed. So I need your help.--------------------------- -.-

Now down below is an issue I have BEFORE I ever had a bios entry problem. This has NOTHING to do with what happened to my computer. Just wanted to clarify that!

I also have an EVGA 850 BQ power supply and I wonder if it's okay to use the 2 pin splitter to connect to the 8 pins along with my standard 6 pin connector for my EVGA 1060 SSC 6GB?

Or should I stick with the standard cable that the PSU came with instead of the splitter?

Original discussion thread here. Only one person responded.  Source:  https://forums.evga.com/P...uestions-m2894736.aspx

This guy said this "Yes you just use the single 6+2 direct from the PSU. That will supply the 150 watts the GPU needs. What you may be confused with is some PSU have single cables with two 8 pin PCIe power plugs on the ends. In that case, it is recommended you use two separate PCIe power cables from the PSU to each PCIe power input on GPUs with TWO PCIe power inputs. As your GPU has only had a SINGLE PCIe input, that does not apply here.
You should only be using the PCIe cable direct from the PSU."

So I decided to use the single PCI-E connector from my PSU instead. I hope that was an honest answer. I don't have anything to worry about it at that moment. However, there are issues I am trying to tackle here down below.

A skater friend of mine claimed that maybe it's because I had too many processes going on since my processor doesn't have hyperthreading. But I doubt it. There are tons of PC gamers out there on userbenchmark.com have good benchmarks on the same specs as mine. Some have better ram and clocks some are same but some actually have better video cards.

Source: https://cpu.userbenchmark...570K/Rating/1316  (Scroll down and look at each gamer's benchmark stats) They are below the Topic Average Bench.

You'll see how well they run. Each spec is different but they perform well. I would love to do small upgrades to make it last. I have no idea if I have a crappy monitor or I need something fixed here.

I am tempted to upgrade to 4th gen or 7th and especially 8th. I have yet to decide because I appreciate my Ivy Bridge right now.

pics here: https://ibb.co/BgdQ7dS

https://ibb.co/yk8797F
https://ibb.co/7v9Cz0C

Also, I notice textures are popping up late sometimes when I run benchmarks in video games or play a game. I wonder if this is CPU related or hard drive related or is my EVGA 1060 6gb SSC too strong for my system? I thought of upgrading to i7 3770k so I can use the advantage of hyperthreading abilities. Even my SSD and HDD. Not sure where to begin. I cannot afford a big new build at the moment. Here is a YouTube video of example why it shows late texture. Wait til the end of the video

https://www.youtube.com/w...knI&feature=you... Watch til the end of the video and you'll see.  Star Wars Battlefront 2 PC

This has been happening from time to time now in some of my games but some rarely have occurred. Battlefield 1 is okay but I see slight pop-ups. What is the cause of this? Is it my SSD and HDD? My games are installed in my HDD. I do have Assassin Creed OD on my SSD for temporary to see if anything changes. They were slightly still there. I plan to transfer it back to my regular HD because I need space. Apparently, Windows 10 installed a new update and I lost a lot of space now. I seriously considering getting a new SSD for sure. Wanted to see if it was anything else but it had the same slight effect but small. I wonder if it's my CPU? Or something else? I could use some honest advice here if this is normal? It's just that every Youtube videos I see have perfect gaming and no texture pop-ups.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K overclocked to 4.4ghz auto voltage. (Might switch to i7 3770K due to Hyperthreading options but dunno if I really need to because it runs the same specs as my processor only the fact that my processor lacks hyperthreading.)

Computer Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Gunmetal case.

Corsair Cooler heatsink h100iv2: Phantom has two 200mm fans as exhaust (Might switch back to default as intake) Corsair Cooler h100iv2 with two intake 120mm fans. 140mm rear fan as exhaust and 1 200mm side fan as intake. 200mm fan as intake in front of the case. Temps are normal and fine. Nothing more than 50C so far. Never seen it go past that too high. Might just leave the top as exhaust as much I don't mind change it back and get more intake fans and let more heat go out the rear fan. I dunno but it's okay for the time being anyway.

Used to be a lot lower when I had my top 200mm fan as intake. No idea if it's causing air pressure in my case towards my video card so I changed it to exhaust because I wanted the heat to escape more. I liked how COOLER the case was originally thought about changing the intake 200mm fan on the top back to intake. Both of them.)

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB SSC version from Best Buy. I miss my 970 SSC 4GB card! Such a great card too! (I promise myself to NEVER purchase from Best Buy again!) EVGA or NewEgg from now on! (https://www.bestbuy.com/s...592426.p?skuId=5592426

SSD: Samsung 830 256GB (2012) <--Will consider a new SSD because I am running out of space already and I need a bigger drive. (https://www.newegg.com/Pr...?Item=N82E16820147164)

HDD: WD Black 1TB (2010)--bought from a local shop. (I will pay attention to the dates and recent data such as write and reading stats) May consider a Seagate HD or WD Blue or WD Black HD since they are better for PC Gaming.

HDD: WD Blue 500GB (2010) bought from a local shop. (I will pay attention to the dates and recent data such as write and reading stats) Maybe another WD Black HD since it's more up to date.

RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 C9 4x4GB (bought in 2013) I always wanted 32GB! Solid rocking RAM! (http://www.tigerdirect.co...ails.asp?EdpNo=154017)

MBD: Asus SABERTOOTH Z77 Motherboard (2013) Been running SOLID very good for years! I do want an i7 3770k just to have hyperthreading but I doubt I should because they perform the same as my processor but my processor lacks Hyperthreading though!

PSU: EVGA 850 BQ Power Supply (Best buy too) Same brand as EVGA.

Corsair cooler H100iv2 (Mar 5, 2018)

Monitor: BENQ 1920X1080p 4ms (2014) <--very old! May want a new monitor but meh! I am okay with it.  Link (https://www.newegg.com/Pr...?Item=N82E16824014299)
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit.

So I don't know where to begin. I have seen people have the same card as mine but mine is SSC. However, others have better cards than mine but I do notice they have better ram. I wonder if my GPU is bottlenecking my processor or I need more ram power? Here is my CPUID Validation  Source: https://valid.x86.fr/ein44i Please take your time and read this!

So I don't know where to begin. I saw people have the same card as mine but mine is SSC. However, others have better cards than mine but I do notice they have better ram. I wonder if my GPU is bottlenecking my processor or I need more ram power? Here is my CPUID Validation  Source: https://valid.x86.fr/ein44i Please take your time and read this!
post edited by gamernut78 - 2018/12/10 14:25:03

Please help me earn some bucks to save money in the future as a team player and gamer!
My Rewards Program Code: 6JD2JTSGVP

8 Replies Related Threads

gamernut78
    iCX Member
    Re: PC and EVGA 1060 SSC 6GB questions! 2018/12/10 14:23:06 (permalink)
    I figured out to get in bios by using a older keyboard and it worked. What gives? Why does it work like that? My original keyboard works just fine with every key yet I cannot get in bios but I can with my older keyboard? What is the cause of this? 

Please help me earn some bucks to save money in the future as a team player and gamer!
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: PC and EVGA 1060 SSC 6GB questions! 2018/12/10 18:06:09 (permalink)
    I would update to the latest mobo BIOS 2104 if needed..A couple of updates 'Enhance compatibility with some USB devices' which may include keyboard..Some updates also include stability and other fixes.

Using USB BIOS Flashback would probably be the simplest, most reliable way..Use the Asus BRenamer Utility to rename the SABERTOOTH-Z77-ASUS-2104.CAP BIOS file, or rename it yourself to Z77ST.CAP by right-clicking on it.

Roll from there.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

zeroseoul
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 109
    Re: PC and EVGA 1060 SSC 6GB questions! 2018/12/12 09:51:38 (permalink)
    To be honest I'm not sure what you are even asking and it is a bit confusing. 

My assumption is that you are asking how to get your performance up to par with others and fixing some smaller issues?

But just to take a wild swing, in between when you first had the computer in 2010 and now, has it ever had a clean OS install since?

Current Build:
    CPU: Intel i7-8770k @ stock speeds
    Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z370-A
    Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengence
    GPU: GTX 970 FTW
    Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 750G2
    gamernut78
    iCX Member
    Re: PC and EVGA 1060 SSC 6GB questions! 2018/12/12 21:21:55 (permalink)
    zeroseoul

My assumption is that you are asking how to get your performance up to par with others and fixing some smaller issues?

But just to take a wild swing, in between when you first had the computer in 2010 and now, has it ever had a clean OS install since?

Yes it is clean. I had it reinstalled one time though. Would love to reformat again but for now it's fine.

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: PC and EVGA 1060 SSC 6GB questions! 2018/12/12 22:54:59 (permalink)
    gamernut78
    zeroseoul

Yes it is clean. I had it reinstalled one time though. Would love to reformat again but for now it's fine.

Nobody has the faintest idea of what your issue(s) is in that wall of text. While the stream of consciousness style might make sense to you, by the third or fourth sentence you're already on your third or fourth 'problem'. Condense your issue(s) down into one or two specifics that are repeatable and under what conditions they happen. That's my advice.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

gamernut78
    iCX Member
    Re: PC and EVGA 1060 SSC 6GB questions! 2018/12/20 21:04:22 (permalink)
    Then here it is..

Here is my benchmark with few processes in the background

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K overclocked to 4.4ghz stock voltage. (never done manual voltages).
    Corsair H100i v2 cooler and Corsair stock fans.
    Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Gunmetal case.
    Motherboard: Sabertooth z77 Ivy Bridge Recent bios updated to it's latest.
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB SSC version from Best Buy.
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB (2012)
    HDD: WD Black 1TB (2010)--
    HDD: WD Blue 500GB (2010)
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 C9 4x4GB (bought in 2013)
    MBD: Asus SABERTOOTH Z77 Motherboard (2013) Been running SOLID very good for years! I
    PSU: EVGA 850 BQ Power Supply
    Monitor: BENQ 1920X1080p 4ms (2014)
    Operating System: Windows 10 64bit.

It's about to be seven years old now. I know I am due for an upgrade but I cannot afford it right now. I am just baffled why it's behaving like this. It's already updated to it's latest drivers and bios. I ran an sfc/scan CMD prompt and did virus checks and everything. Everything is fine. I just have no clue why stuff like this behaves. I am wondering if my 1060 SSC is too heavy for my system?
     My OS isn't that old and has been reinstalled once when I had slight issues several months ago due to realtek sound settings and Windows Support helped me reinstalled Windows 10 without revising my folders. Windows 10 is fine. I would love to get a new SSD and have a fresh install. In fact I don't mind a reinstall right now but I rather leave things as is.

Here is my benchmark information.
    Texture issue
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv9nl8NMd_w

I really should upload more pictures. I have some like slight skipping in some games but BARELY
    noticed. The Crew 2 runs great. I barely have any high temps with my processor at all.

These are the games I play.

Battlefield 4
    Battlefield 1
    Battlefield V (want)
    Star Wars Battlefront 2
    Assassin Creed Odyssey
    Friday the 13th
    Grand Theft Auto V
    (Plan to get more new games since Steam sale is on sale right now)

So I need advice on what really is the cause of this? Can an old DVD-D cable have a cheap bad signal or do I need to consider getting a really good cheap brand connection?

Or is my EVGA 1060 SSC a little too strong on my CPU causing my SSD/HDD being slow written?  I cannot figure out why the textures pop out and in but it's very minor. I see everyone on YouTube have perfect video graphics smoothed out with no textures popping later or late or something. I am wondering if something isn't set up right or my motherboard is getting old?

Do I need a new SSD or Hard Drive? Or is my processor getting old?

Voltage issue at stock settings? Can't be?

Here is my CPUID information https://valid.x86.fr/mtdqfk

Here is my benchmark score. https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/13090110

gamernut78
    iCX Member
    Re: PC and EVGA 1060 SSC 6GB questions! 2018/12/21 02:31:49 (permalink)
    I just purchased Battlefield V and it runs smooth than most games I have and I was baffled compared to some other games that have texture popping up while I scroll through characters. I guess Tony Hawk game is old and perhaps other games have coding issues. I am not sure. I still see slight things popping up later late in BF V so I am gonna take a gander that my CPU needs hyperthreading but it seems to run fine. I'm just confused.

HandaKarma
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: PC and EVGA 1060 SSC 6GB questions! 2018/12/24 04:03:34 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    gamernut78
    zeroseoul

Nobody has the faintest idea of what your issue(s) is in that wall of text. While the stream of consciousness style might make sense to you, by the third or fourth sentence you're already on your third or fourth 'problem'. Condense your issue(s) down into one or two specifics that are repeatable and under what conditions they happen. That's my advice.

Hahahahahahaha  Hit that one right on the head right on the head there... Would love to try to help but I'm totally lost in the woods here!

Not trying to be mean or anything but please from now on please please try to stay on point about the nature of the problem ok?   :)
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile