EVGA

Helpful ReplyRtx 2080ti Ultra xc problem with fan 1 100% , 0 rpm for 10 minutes.

Author
Giaanc
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/11/19 16:13:44 (permalink)
I have a problem, in fact I have already sent messages to evga support, but I also leave it here, a couple of weeks ago, 2 or 3 I bought an evga 2080ti ultra xc, the first days it worked excellent, without this problem
One day I returned home, and he asked me for a flash of mcu in evga precision x1
When updating, everything is correct and the next day I started with this problem of having 1 fan at 100% and in hwmonitor it indicates 0rpm
In a Cold Start it happens more often, I always enter windows, after a while I open for example "Quake 2 RTX", to test, and when the card is set to 100 performance, temperatures rise and the fan is placed in madness mode
10 minutes pass, sometimes 5 minutes, and it normalizes, and I can play without a turbine inside my cabinet
the card at its maximum temperature in 3dMARK is 73 degrees Celsius
to play it works excellent, but I have this strange problem

The things I have tried:

-desintalar msi afterburner
-Flash MCU:
-DDU + update nvidia drivers
-Update bios motheboard z390
-drain the power of system

Even so, I cannot solve this problem.
The first few days I did not behave that way, so it seems strange to me, it seems that the mcu flash caused me these problems since that day, it has this behavior.
The card is connected to 2 PCI-E 8 Pin cables
the only thing I have not tried is: make a custom fan curve, which does not fall in idle the fan
and update bios of the gpu.

Sorry for my English. my main language is spanish
I will leave some screenshot.

one of the screenshot is at the moment where the temperature is low (44 degrees) and the fan is at 100 &, indicating 0 rpm

the second screenshot is in 55 degrees, already normalized, fan 1 and fan 2 showing correct rpm.

Normally after this happens, I can play with the fans normally all night.

post edited by Giaanc - 2019/11/19 16:16:02

Attached Image(s)

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31005
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Rtx 2080ti Ultra xc problem with fan 1 100% , 0 rpm for 10 minutes. 2019/11/19 16:33:00 (permalink)
Welcome to the EVGA Forums

Sorry you are having a difficult time with the 2080 Ti XC - Fan 1

Lets see if we can get this working better

Without a custom fan curve the fans do not start till about 50C - 60C

When you say you  - drain the power of system - this is what you did ?

Shut down PC, Unplug from wall, unplug everything (Monitor, printer, powered USB hub...) Hold "start button" 20 seconds to Discharge all electric in PC,  Plug everything back In.  Boot PC ..................

I understand your Are or Were - using MSI Afterburner -- and Not EVGA Precision X1 ?

Did you try setting the Fans to a Fixed RPM % ?   ..... Say 70%- 80% and check temps while gaming

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Giaanc
Re: Rtx 2080ti Ultra xc problem with fan 1 100% , 0 rpm for 10 minutes. 2019/11/19 16:44:13 (permalink)
Hello, I followed all the necessary steps now, the PC took a little longer to start and show the post of the bios, fans 0 rpm in bios, when entering windows 0 rpm, then I started quake 2 rtx and apparently I set everything normal rpm in the fans, I send you screenshot, anyway, this does not assure me that it is solved :( tomorrow I should try it anyway in a Start Cold, by chance, will there be any bios newer than the one I have?

when I refer to a fan curve, I mean the ones that are predetermined in PX1, in the STEALTH preset

my bios is: 90.02.17.00.7D

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Rtx 2080ti Ultra xc problem with fan 1 100% , 0 rpm for 10 minutes. 2019/11/19 18:50:48 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby XrayMan 2019/11/29 22:19:43
Your fans not spinning is normal because it's set to go off around 50c-60c.  If the GPU is under that, the fans won't turn on for silent operations so no, nothing is wrong with the GPU.  Each fan has a duty for that section of the board.  You might sometimes see the VRM fan spin or vise versa dependent who needs the cooling the most.

I also would recommend not placing the PC inside a cabinet since its not so friendly to fresh cooler air and can trap and circulate your PC's exhaust.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Giaanc
Re: Rtx 2080ti Ultra xc problem with fan 1 100% , 0 rpm for 10 minutes. 2019/11/20 00:04:35 (permalink)
They may not understand me, my English is regular,

When I refer to drain the power system it is exactly this:
"Turn off the PC, unplug it from the wall, unplug everything (monitor, printer, USB hub with power ...) Press and hold the" start button "20 seconds to discharge all the electricity to the PC, plug everything back in. Start up. the PC .................. "

Did you try to set the fans to a fixed% RPM? ..... Say 70% - 80% and check temperatures while playing

A: Yes, and it works, mark the 2 FAN at the correct rpm, temperatures with frost (68 to 71 degrees at maximum use (100% use of the GPU)

When it happens, fan 1 is 100% and it indicates 0 rpm, (fan 2 always indicates normal rpm)
It is normally when the card is being used in gaming, or in something, type video, or heavy loads (in fact it seems as if it were lack of energy from the psu to the gpu), but it only happens 10 or 5 minutes, and it returns to normal, and it happens only with the first game that I open, (in the cold start) for example in quake 2 rtx
when playing dead by daylight everything seems normal, (sometimes it happens again in between playing, and sometimes not, it seems random moments.)
I will leave a video, so that they observe the situation.

After the 10-minute thing happens with the 100% fan, it normalizes, until the other cold start.

I want to highlight here: the gpu is connected with 2 PCI-E 8 PIN, and this happened to me, a while ago I switched to the other 2 PCI-E 8 PIN, (my psu, corsair TX850) has 4 Molex PCI-E, and I have to test in a cold start.

My Cabinet is a Cooler Master Cosmos SE, it has a correct ventilation flow, and I have a fan, that they enter cold air and take out hot air (4 fans, 2 industrial Noctua 3000 rpm, 2 fan cooler master that came in the cabinet)

all temperatures, both gpu and cpu, are very low, at tj max.
the system is frozen, in fact the ambient temperature where the cabinet is almost 38c, and the temperatures of the components are also low.

that fan 1 is 100%, it gives me to think that the useful life of the fans will be shorter, that's why I'm worried.

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31005
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Rtx 2080ti Ultra xc problem with fan 1 100% , 0 rpm for 10 minutes. 2019/11/20 06:11:35 (permalink)
I run my GPU fans 30% - 100% - 24/7 ... I've never lost one

Which software is Indicating 0 RPM ?

Test with GPU-Z

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Giaanc
Re: Rtx 2080ti Ultra xc problem with fan 1 100% , 0 rpm for 10 minutes. 2019/11/20 08:26:42 (permalink)
All the monitoring software, named below, marked me 0 rpm, at the beginning (in fan 1, because in fan 2 I always dialed normally), and then dialed normally.
today, it did not happen, in the cold start, because yesterday I switched to the other pci-e cables, but I can not take it for granted, since I have to continue testing, but it was with everyone, the bad thing is that I could not get him screenshot, just take screenshot of hwinfo64 and hwmonitor

Hw monitor, gpu-z, hwinfo64, Msi afterburner, Presicion X1

I noticed the image with hwinfo64, fan 2 with correct rpm, fan 1 0 rpm, and had normal temperatures, (I was playing dead by daylight)

later it normalized

As I said before, yesterday I changed the cables of the 8-pin pci-e to others I had, and the problem has not happened (for now) but I also have to try with more time.

Giaanc
Re: Rtx 2080ti Ultra xc problem with fan 1 100% , 0 rpm for 10 minutes. 2019/11/20 08:42:13 (permalink)
I was playing, and it just happened

when it started to pass (turbine mode fan = 0 rpm)

when it normalized

Giaanc
Re: Rtx 2080ti Ultra xc problem with fan 1 100% , 0 rpm for 10 minutes. 2019/11/22 16:16:11 (permalink)
And, does anyone have an idea what might be happening ?, With manual fan curve it is not solved.
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile