EVGA

Request your code Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Author
Hurd2ar
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/02/09 20:29:21 (permalink)
Hello, where do I request my code for Ghost Recon: Wildlands? 
I just bought a 1080 Hybrid 2/7/2017 and registered it with EVGA but the site said to request a code from the forms...

Please help!
Thank you :)

15 Replies Related Threads

Bobmitch
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8328
    • Ribbons : 47
    Re: Request your code Ghost Recon: Wildlands 2017/02/09 20:32:28 (permalink)
    The store that sold you the card is the one responsible for supplying with the code.  Make sure they are a participant in the promotion and if so, ask for your code.

MSI MAG X670-E Tomahawk;  Ryzen 7 7800X3D; Asus TUF RTX 4070 TI OC; Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 PSU; 32 GB  Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 RGB; Corsair iCue Link H150i RGB 360MM AIO; 2-Western Digital Black 4 TB SN850X NVMe; Creative SoundBlaster Z;  Lian Li Lancool III; EVGA Z15 Keyboard; Razer Viper 8K Mouse

Heatware:  http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72402    Affiliate code: 1L2RV0BNQ6                                          
    Associate Code:  UD82LJP3Y1FIQPR

waleedws
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re: Request your code Ghost Recon: Wildlands 2017/02/09 20:48:42 (permalink)
    List of participants
    www.geforce.com/hardware/10series/for-honor-ghost-recon-wildlands-bundle
    Hurd2ar
    Re: Request your code Ghost Recon: Wildlands 2017/02/09 21:03:23 (permalink)
    The list of partners lists Amazon and that is where I got it. So I was told on EVGA's registration page that all I had to do was post on here to be sent the code.
    Crimson81
    Re: Request your code Ghost Recon: Wildlands 2017/02/09 21:18:50 (permalink)
    Same here. Purchased yesterday on Amazon. They have no idea what EVGA or NVIDIA is talking about.
    MDeckerM
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1799
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: Request your code Ghost Recon: Wildlands 2017/02/09 21:59:00 (permalink)
    Hurd2ar
    The list of partners lists Amazon and that is where I got it. So I was told on EVGA's registration page that all I had to do was post on here to be sent the code.

Hello,

I am sorry for any confusion. Nvidia game promotions are provided through and by the participating retailer.

Can you please link or quote the section on EVGA.com which asks you to post on the forums to obtain your game code?

Thank you
    MDeckerM
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1799
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: Request your code Ghost Recon: Wildlands 2017/02/09 22:00:48 (permalink)
    Crimson81
    Same here. Purchased yesterday on Amazon. They have no idea what EVGA or NVIDIA is talking about.

Hello,

If you purchased your qualifying product from Amazon.ca (sold and shipped by Amazon.ca) you will qualify for this promotion. I believe Amazon will email you the promotion within 10 business days of the order however I am not 100% sure.

https://www.amazon.ca/l/16228111011?tag=price0209_ca-20 

It is worth mentioning that only Amazon Canada ( Amazon.ca ) is participating in this promotion.
    RenVilo
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: Request your code Ghost Recon: Wildlands 2017/04/26 17:54:36 (permalink)
    Hi,

I bought a EVGA 1070 (was planning on getting the 1080 for myself but with doubt now..) from

I did chat to them and they confirmed that the card comes with a free game so I bought it from them and not locally as its a bit cheaper and had to wait 10 days. It arrived and I contacted them. They confirmed again (I do have transcripts of this) but said it does come from the manufacturer. I spoke to eVGA and they said  is not part of this. So now Amazon AND eVGA doesn't really care about this situation. I didn't expect this kind of service from either Amazon or eVGA.

Seems I should have followed my gut and just buy a local MSI version that HAS the free game. Really disappointed when you can't wait for something and its just not what you expected but that's how you lose customers right. No reason why this should anyway be limited to certain stored. Really pathetic. 
    Witz762
    • Total Posts : 19
    Re: Request your code Ghost Recon: Wildlands 2017/04/26 18:52:45 (permalink)
    RenVilo
    Hi,

I bought a EVGA 1070 (was planning on getting the 1080 for myself but with doubt now..) from

I did chat to them and they confirmed that the card comes with a free game so I bought it from them and not locally as its a bit cheaper and had to wait 10 days. It arrived and I contacted them. They confirmed again (I do have transcripts of this) but said it does come from the manufacturer. I spoke to eVGA and they said  is not part of this. So now Amazon AND eVGA doesn't really care about this situation. I didn't expect this kind of service from either Amazon or eVGA.

Seems I should have followed my gut and just buy a local MSI version that HAS the free game. Really disappointed when you can't wait for something and its just not what you expected but that's how you lose customers right. No reason why this should anyway be limited to certain stored. Really pathetic. 

This appears to not be EVGA's or Amazons fault, you must purchase the qualifying graphics card through the stores listed on Nvidia's game promotion web page (they are at the bottom) or from EVGA.  Amazon (US) is not included.
    http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10series/for-honor-ghost-recon-wildlands-bundle
    http://www.evga.com/articles/01080/prepare-for-battle/

talkischeap
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 185
    Re: Request your code Ghost Recon: Wildlands 2017/04/26 19:07:00 (permalink)
    RenVilo
    Hi,

You seem to be blaming anyone but yourself for your situation.  You are putting a company that has nothing to do with it on blast.

#1 - This is a Nvidia promotion.  They decide which retailers gets the codes.  Then sends the codes with the cards.  EVGA or Amazon can't give you a code they never had.  Your cards serial number doesn't come with a code.
    #2 - You should have read a little more and discovered that normal Amazon.com isn't involved with the free game promo's.  Only the Canadian Amazon.ca is a part of it.    You wouldn't of received the game buying a different brand from the same vendor either.  It's as easy as doing a google search.   (I would know.. I did it before purchasing my 1080 Ti and payed shipping from another vendor to get my free game instead of free shipping with Amazon Prime resulting in no free game.)
    #3 - You are barking up the wrong tree.  Nvidia.com would be the place you should be going to complain and put on blast for your own mistake.  There's no fault whatsoever on EVGA or Amazon for your situation.

It sucks, but that's that.

Mother Board: EVGA Z97 FTW
    CPU: i7 4790k 4.8ghz - EVGA CLC 280mm Closed loop
    GPU: EVGA 1080 Ti Founders Edition Hybrid
    RAM: Kingston HyperX Savage 16GB 2400MHz DDR3
    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
    SSD: Samsung EVO 500gb X2 / Crucial M4 128gb (OS) / PNY 480gb.  HDD: WD Black 2TB
    Soundcard: Soundblaster Z / Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250ohm
    Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400s Tempered Glass
    Displays: Acer x34 Predator w/Gsync Dell 27" WQHD 1440p Ultrasharp / Vizio M series 70" 4k TV

RenVilo
    Re: Request your code Ghost Recon: Wildlands 2017/04/26 19:24:12 (permalink)
    @talkischeap - hahaha like the name :) Well I get your point. And I do understand but I did ask.

I spoke to eVGA's help on Amazon and they said I have to confirm this with Amazon.  So checked...

I then contacted Amazon. They confirmed (two different people) that the card does include the game promotion. So I continued to wait.  

It was delivered yesterday and now I am trying to get the code.  Amazon confirmed again yesterday that the card comes with a promo code but its from the manufacturer. I contacted eVGA and they confirmed that cards on Amazon.com doesn't include the game.

So, my intial chat with eVGA could have been different. They could have said No, Amazon.com does not have this. Instead they said I should contact Amazon.

Also, my conversation with Amazon should have confirmed that there is No promotion on the card.  So both eVGA and Amazon should have been able to confirm the status of the promotion on the GPU.

I get what you saying that this is a Nvidia thing and not eVGA or Amazon. But they are still responsible to be accurate when asked a question. That's why I'm complaining. Its not like i just bought it and didn't do anything. Instead I asked both places to confirm and the above is the information I got. Surely that shouldn't have been the case.
    nvidyuh
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 106
    Re: Request your code Ghost Recon: Wildlands 2017/04/27 15:25:08 (permalink)
    I'm hoping a code comes with my FTW3.
    Poofu1
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 141
    Re: Request your code Ghost Recon: Wildlands 2017/04/27 15:38:46 (permalink)
    im pretty sure they send you something with the card
    Prophet4321
    • Total Posts : 16
    Re: Request your code Ghost Recon: Wildlands 2017/04/27 16:01:36 (permalink)
    I experienced a similar issue, where the merchant said contact the manufacturer, and manufacturer said contact the merchant. I too had chat scripts confirming the card came with a code, which I never got. I ended up having to either choose to return the product, and purchase it elsewhere where the code would be provided, or they offered me a small % off the card. You may request something similar where they make up a percent of the difference or give you some Amazon in store credit since you have chat confirming the code, plus it doesn't sound like a refund/return is convenient for you at this time. 

RenVilo
    Re: Request your code Ghost Recon: Wildlands 2017/04/27 17:01:32 (permalink)
    Prophet4321
    I experienced a similar issue, where the merchant said contact the manufacturer, and manufacturer said contact the merchant. I too had chat scripts confirming the card came with a code, which I never got. I ended up having to either choose to return the product, and purchase it elsewhere where the code would be provided, or they offered me a small % off the card. You may request something similar where they make up a percent of the difference or give you some Amazon in store credit since you have chat confirming the code, plus it doesn't sound like a refund/return is convenient for you at this time. 

Yea I will be happy to get a coupon for something at least but no luck on that either
    Jszupiany
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 103
    Re: Request your code Ghost Recon: Wildlands 2017/04/28 10:58:21 (permalink)
    Prophet4321

Yup, been through the same thing.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile