RTX3090 ftw3 ultra | Red LED, Card not powering up

Author
NLM_fr
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/10/02 08:42:53 (permalink)
Hi everyone,
I had my config for over 3 years now which means i don't have any warranty anymore, so i hope someone can help me out.
I was playing GTA 5 Online when suddenly the game froze. I then saw my GPU wasn't powered on anymore, it just had a red LED above the 3rd pcie power connector on the right.
From then on I tried changing the cables, i removed and placed the gpu back in but nothing changed. I replaced the gpu with an old 1070 i had and the system works fine so the issue comes from the GPU for sure
Any advices? Is the graphics card completely dead ? Is there a way to repair it if not ? Does EVGA do repairs on non warranty cards even if we pay for the repairs ?

Best regards

2 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49087
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: RTX3090 ftw3 ultra | Red LED, Card not powering up 2024/10/02 09:31:13 (permalink)
    Evga doesn't do out of warranty repairs. I'd try the card in another known good working system. A friend's pc, or a local shop would do the trick.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30801
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: RTX3090 ftw3 ultra | Red LED, Card not powering up 2024/10/02 10:50:58 (permalink)
    Welcome to the EVGA Forums

Are you sure you did not buy the extended warranty?

just plug in your S# ---> Warranty Check

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

When someone does not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place; you can't use reason to convince them otherwise!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile