Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
danperry13
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 114
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 4
2019/03/08 07:53:25 (permalink)
So you just installed your nifty new RTX card and you're having issues... But it's ok we'll get you through this.  These are the steps I took to get myself running 100% on the new drivers after running into issues post-RTX. If these steps don't help feel free to post a question. 

[INDEX]
  1. Memory Failure
  2. Identifying Bottlenecks.
  3. Analyzing Power and Thermals
  4. Power Configuration
  5. Driver 101
  6. Confirmation Check-list
  7. Power Settings
  8. DDU Known Good
  9. Nvidia Control Panel
  10. Analyzing event logs
  11. System Memory diagnostics
  12. X1 RIde the lightning.

[STEP ONE]

If your screen looks like this remove the cartridge, and blow into it... jk that hasn't worked since the '90s.

Unfortunately, there are no troubleshooting steps for this as it has to do with botched vram  (or the AI cores became self-aware.)  You're going to have to contact EVGA support.

Or, if you're feeling like an intrepid explorer you can use this Chart and try to decode the error message just in case it's secretly communicating in Wingdings.  Again, I recommend contacting support.

That feeling when you have to RMA HAL 9000...

For peace of mind, if you want to know if you've got Micron or Samsung memory. You can download CPU-Z or GPU-Z and identify your memory vendor in the correct tab.

Note: It has been suggested that Micron memory has a high failure rate, I cannot confirm if this is true.

[STEP TWO]

Go to your task manager and see if you can identify any immediate problems.   For example, not only does this individual not have an RTX card ( peasant )  he also only has 2 GB of RAM, and their processor is only running at 2.0 GHz.  No amount of VRAM is ever going to compensate for this.  So start here...  Are you running a new resolution? 

*2k ultra wide (3440x1440) is almost as taxing on a system as full 4k.   You may have to go to a lower resolution for some games. Despite the popular belief, resolution has an incredibly high impact on your CPU. 

What % is your processor at while you are gaming?  How much Memory are you using?  How much of your GPU is in use? Besides the new RTX card, what system changes have you made?   Secondly, what is your issue? stuttering? Games crashing?  Are you using stock clocks?

This is particularly important when troubleshooting jitter, low frame rates, low performance etc.   To identify where your performance is taking the biggest hit this is always step number one.  Are you running out of memory? Is your CPU maxed out?

[STEP THREE]

If you are having stability issues, Reset your clock rates to default -> ram -> cpu -> gpu etc.  
Install a system monitoring suite like HWMonitor.  Take a look at your temperatures, voltages, power use.  This will answer the following questions.

1. Is my CPU or GPU thermal Throttling. ( Heat-related ) 

2. Do I have enough power coming from my PSU?  Do some math - find out what the TPU of your processor is... How much power your RTX card is using depending on the model.. How much headroom do you have?  If the rest of the suggested steps don't remedy your issues you may have to upgrade your Power supply... ** cough ** EVGA makes fantastic power supplies, and they come with a 10-year warranty. 

I personally had to bite the bullet and upgrade to a 1000 Watt unit as my lower quality 750-watt PSU couldn't handle the load.

- Is your computer just restarting on its own, like someone is pulling the plug or hitting your reset switch?  If so you will most likely need a bigger or higher quality power supply, this is most likely caused by the PSU safety features cutting off power. 

If heat or power seems to be an issue for your GPU check your case fans, ensure they are all spinning.  Next, ask yourself a few questions. 
How big is my case? Could it use a good dusting? Could it use some more fans? Is my case properly configured to pull cold air in and push hot air out?  If not, consider buying some new fans or reconfiguring your setup.  

Let's adjust some fan curves while we're at it.  If you have the x1 software installed it's as simple as clicking the arrow button on the bottom twice and navigating to this page. You can also use MSI-AfterBurner.  The software is relatively the same concept, but I'll stick to X1 as it is more user friendly.

Here you can modify your fan curves, you can select individual presets.   If fan sounds don't bother you I suggest selecting the aggressive preset and modifying it as you require.  Consider adjusting the rest of your fan curves for your system to help push out more of that hot air. 

I am only familiar with ASUS boards, you can use  Dual Intelligent Processors 5 to adjust your curves as needed.  It's extremely user-friendly, very similar to the X1 software. 

[STEP FOUR]
How is your RTX card hooked up to your PSU?  Are you using 2 individual cables... or did you make the same mistake most of us made and figured they could get away with just running a single cable off of your PSU to your GPU?  - Run 2 of these cables from your power supply to your RTX card,
leave the spare leads unconnected.

* if you want a cleaner look - use cable extensions so you have fewer cables hanging around your GPU's.

[STEP FIVE]

DRIVERS PSA: When we suggest that you update your drivers, we mean more than just your gpu and a windows update!

This step has also fixed weird fan speed problems!  so if you are showing fan speeds in excess of 4000+ rpm update your controllers!

Listen, you've got a WHOLE host of controllers,
pci-e drivers, etc that go into allowing your system to run.  I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone say " I did a fresh windows install - > updated my system -> and the problems still persisting" Well bucko that's because windows does a bad job at finding and updating your drivers.  Sometimes, your Motherboard OEM may also do an incredibly bad job at updating their driver pages depending on the company.  I'm going to just assume you have Steam...  So grab the free version of driver booster 6, not 5, 6...  word on the street is they stop updating their old libraries every-time they release a new version.  It's also free to use unless you want to buy the licensed copy, your call.

Lastly a fresh install of Windows 10, with a full update of all my service packs, and a full OEM install of the driver packages available on the ASUS website... I've still been left with about 10-50 individual drivers that were out of date on my system.

You can let the software update your drivers, or you can do it manually, your call but I recommend using the software as a point of reference.
If you do allow the software to update your drivers for the love of god create a Windows restore point in case it causes any major driver conflicts.

[STEP SIX]

Before you carry on let's do a quick checklist based on the steps I've recommended.

[x]   Your screen doesn't look like space invaders.
[x]   In the task manager ( while running a game  ) you experienced no system bottlenecks [gpu/ram/cpu] This means that your system wasn't consistently hitting 100% usage.
[x]  While the system was under load you weren't experiencing thermal issues or other power related issues.
[x]  You did the math and you're confident in the capacity of your PSU. EVGA recommends 650 watts, It's fair to say most of the community wouldn't recommend anything under 800.
[x]  Your PSU and GPU are properly connected to the power supply.
[x] YOUR SYSTEM IS 100% UPDATED  ** RTX IS NEW TECHNOLOGY - THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT **
[x] Here's some Comic Sans and a cute puppy in case you're starting to get stressed out.

[STEP SEVEN]

Make sure your system isn't on "balanced" or "power saver" although I praise you on your environmental stewardship in wanting to reduce your environmental and energy impact, this just isn't going to work for troubleshooting, and HAL doesn't appreciate being throttled... So,   Click on High performance and get ready to ride the thunder baby. 

PSA: I've noticed windows has been defaulting me back to balanced after every windows update.  This is a pain in the butt, so if you're noticing sluggish performance always default back to this window  - it's a quick, easy click to fix.

[STEP EIGHT]

If your stuff is still scuffed I recommend installing a known good driver, one that's worked for me is 417.71 it's apparently a very stable driver release my friends have all been using it for apex legends.  It's up to you if you want to use the DDU software in safe mode without networking to uninstall old driver versions to prevent any potential conflicts... It's pretty straight forward, just do a quick google and I'm sure you'll find it.

[STEP NINE]

Go into your NVIDIA control panel.
Disable g-sync - " but I don't have g-syn.." - just check your control panel, NVIDIA released G-Sync compatibility a while back and it may have caused a few issues with people who had free-sync monitors.

Next, make sure your power management mode is set to "prefer maximum performance"

[STEP TEN]

If you're still getting system crashes, game crashes etc. Refer to your EVENT VIEWER.  You can get there in windows ten by clicking start and typing "event viewer"   open it.

Navigate to the window as directed here.

Take a look, Identify any problems that may be related to your Issue at hand. More specifically look for anything driver or hardware related. Open your browser and google them...

[STEP ELEVEN]

Run windows memory diagnostic tool, make sure your ram is good.  Failures happen at the least opportune moments, so it's good to run for peace of mind.

[STEP TWELVE]

This last one is once youre stable and running in top notch shape.   As stated prior in the post I prefer an agressive fan tuning so if you're looking for fan related stuff scroll up.    I've noticed that x1 has a bad habit of not saving your clock rates, fan settings etc, this can be rather annoying.   But it's a simple fix.  Once you have your frequencies set go into your options and ensure apply previous settings on load is selected. If you want x1 to automatically start with your OS select "Start with OS"! EZ.  

I DO NOT recommend the "apply previous settings on load" while you're still trying to discover a stable clock.

But Dan? how do I get my stable clock?  EZ compadre! If you're not a super advanced over clocker lets let the software do the work for us!
1.  Crank up those fan speeds to 100 and apply the speed - we want max cooling here.

2.    Crank up that CPU voltage ( I've read it does nothing but who the hell knows at this point )    Crank up your power headroom ( if you feel safe about it )  and increase that core GPU temp ( to whatever you want ).

3.     Hit scan, and let it do it's thing, this can take up to 5 minutes.

4.     Take that nifty scan score and apply it to your GPU clock then hit apply at the bottom.  ( I've confirmed in MSI afterburner,  that this does apply the speed to your boost clock )

5.    You can hit test again for peace of mind.

If you're still not up and running, I've got no clue what the problem is... Call tech support, and inform them of the steps you took, and what you have found in the process! good luck.

post edited by danperry13 - 2019/03/18 10:50:56
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6681
  • Ribbons : 27
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/08 08:07:10 (permalink)
Haha. Nice post!

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30996
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/08 08:23:21 (permalink)
This guide should help several folks

Watch-out Dan, next thing you know you'll get these kinds of messages:  Hey can you remote in & fix it for Me ? 

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

danperry13
Superclocked Member
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/08 09:17:18 (permalink)
They can just mail me their gpu's I'll get them working 🤣 I'll return them if I can't.   But let's be honest, this will get forced down to the bottom of the board...  And there will be about 30 other posts above this one about how their RTX card doesn't work.
post edited by danperry13 - 2019/03/08 14:07:14
jfw06013
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 586
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/08 21:47:53 (permalink)

danperry13
Superclocked Member
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/09 06:57:28 (permalink)
Updated :D If anyone has anything else to add let me know! 
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/09 11:52:30 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby danperry13 2019/03/09 22:13:13
Pin this guide. 

Great job OP!

Also add GPUz as it's mainly for GPUs for GPU information like the type of memory, speed, temps, watts, etc.
post edited by GTXJackBauer - 2019/03/09 11:54:38

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
danperry13
Superclocked Member
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/09 12:31:40 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
Pin this guide. 

Great job OP!

Also add GPUz as it's mainly for GPUs for GPU information like the type of memory, speed, temps, watts, etc.

Done! didn't even think of CPUZ
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/09 13:08:14 (permalink)
Nice Starting Point.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/03/18 10:55:14

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 598
  • Ribbons : 23
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/09 15:20:35 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby danperry13 2019/03/09 16:52:54
danperry13,

Great work!

I read everything I could on EVGA forums while I waited five months to complete EVGA Step-Up Program.

Then with the knowledge gained from EVGA Forums- as I waited for the cards to arrive on my doorstep; I made the following To-Do list, for installing my 20880-Ti card(s):

[ ] Download the latest version of GPU-Z. Place a shortcut to it on desktop.
[ ] Uninstall existing EVGA software.
[ ] DL latest version of EVGA software.
[ ] Boot into BIOS Load Optimal Defaults, make sure you have Gen. 3 selected for PCI-E slots, and correct boot order.
[ ] Be sure to have a shortcut to the version of the nvidia driver you going to install on the desktop.
[ ] Boot into safe mode with network cable unplugged or network card disabled and run DDU. Select the option: "Clean and shut down (for installing new graphic card)".
[ ] Switch the PSU's Switch to the Open position (off) and unplug it.
[ ] Unplug the 3 monitors.
[ ] Remove old cards.
[ ] Install one of my RTX-2080-TI cards. And Connect just main monitor.
[ ] Boot
[ ] Shout, "Hallelujah!" as the PC successfully boots into windows. And announce, "the Mother ship has arrived!". W00t!!!
[ ] Manually shut down the computer for the next two weeks rather than letting it to go to sleep when not in use.

https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2921101

> PSU: Seasonic VERTEX GX-1200
> Mainboard: EVGA Z690 CLASSIFIED (BIOS v1.03 12/3/2021)
> CPU: Intel Core i9-12900KF
> AIO: EVGA CLC 240mm
> Physical Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 5600
> Physical Memory Model#: F5-5600U3636C16GX2-TZ5S
> Monitor: Alienware AW2721D
> Video Card: EVGA 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
> Case: Cooler Master HAF X (942)
> DAS: Sabrent DS-SC5B

danperry13
Superclocked Member
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/09 16:58:47 (permalink)
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
danperry13,

Great work!

I read everything I could on EVGA forums while I waited five months to complete EVGA Step-Up Program.

Then with the knowledge gained from EVGA Forums- as I waited for the cards to arrive on my doorstep; I made the following To-Do list, for installing my 20880-Ti card(s):

I wish my install went that smoothly :P I had a thermal take 750Watt that didn't want to play ball and some minor driver instability I had to work through.   Having a power pig of a cpu "the 8700k" and a power hungry GPU "2080ti" created some pretty fun adverse power issues.  Cities skylines would hard restart my system after about 3 minutes of running.   

- ended up getting a Seasonic power supply (sorry EVGA) The seasonic PSU was 20 bucks more, almost mirror'd specs, but an extra 2 years on the warrenty :P    - But if it means anything I just ordered a DG-77 Matt Black. 

EVGA needs to design a nice 360mm AIO cooler -  I'm still waiting on company to make one with a big fat resevoir included into the loop /w half inch pipes and a thick 2" Rad.  I'd fork out some dole over something like that...

But I'll probably be doing my first cpu loop in the upcoming months after I get my DG-77 case built out.
post edited by danperry13 - 2019/03/09 17:09:24
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/09 18:32:13 (permalink)
danperry13
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
danperry13,

Great work!

I wish my install went that smoothly :P I had a thermal take 750Watt that didn't want to play ball and some minor driver instability I had to work through.   Having a power pig of a cpu "the 8700k" and a power hungry GPU "2080ti" created some pretty fun adverse power issues.  Cities skylines would hard restart my system after about 3 minutes of running.   

- ended up getting a Seasonic power supply (sorry EVGA) The seasonic PSU was 20 bucks more, almost mirror'd specs, but an extra 2 years on the warrenty :P    - But if it means anything I just ordered a DG-77 Matt Black. 

EVGA needs to design a nice 360mm AIO cooler -  I'm still waiting on company to make one with a big fat resevoir included into the loop /w half inch pipes and a thick 2" Rad.  I'd fork out some dole over something like that...

But I'll probably be doing my first cpu loop in the upcoming months after I get my DG-77 case built out.

I felt that pain PSU... went down the same river recently... i appreciate all u went through...

Last September, when RTX came out i decided to go back to EVGA and use their Step-Up Program. Because, by starting out with EVGA 2x1080-Ti, I knew there would be time to figure out if RTX was worth getting.

But I only had an 860 Watt Corsair. And it was over three years old, and it was bad. I gave it a Time out. But no tough luv had any effect on it.

It had actually failed before getting 2x1080-Ti. I had used it so much with 2x1070 cards it couldn't last any longer. Played hundreds and hundreds of hours games with it.

And as a result, when i first got 2x1080-ti cards, I experienced everything u did, and greatly appreciated ur OP.

But, get out that Puppy Pic and don't say i didn't warn u. After all, u said, "sry EVGA" and u said u got a seasonic. They're my favorite brand of PSU. (Seasonic or even better a Corsair Branded Seasonic PSU.)

Here goes... last December an EVGA Tech mentioned on the phone to me an EVGA PSU Sale they were having Online. He said, if he were me, he'd get, for $150 a EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2, 80+ PLATINUM 1600W. (LINK) (The OEM is Superflower.)

After buying it I immediately purchased a Ten Year warranty for it, too.

...Lighting... posting...

danperry13
Superclocked Member
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/09 18:46:34 (permalink)
My god man you've been through a lot of hardware, the only sli build i did back in the day was duel 480's... Naturally the heat of having two cards running at 80 degrees eventually cooked one :P   After that i eventually bought a 1070- wasn't enough so i went with a 1080, and now im back to evga with the 2080series. 
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/10 10:30:03 (permalink)
danperry13
My god man you've been through a lot of hardware, the only sli build i did back in the day was duel 480's... Naturally the heat of having two cards running at 80 degrees eventually cooked one :P   After that i eventually bought a 1070- wasn't enough so i went with a 1080, and now im back to evga with the 2080series. 

560-Ti-SLI, 760-SLI, 1070-SLI, 1080-Ti-SLI, and 2080-Ti-SLI.

I recently discovered that "Resolution Scaling" on a single 2080-Ti card shines the light on just how unbelievable a card it is.

Past and existing Analytics don't address any clues.

At first I wasn't sure if a single 2080-Ti was that much better than a single 1080-Ti. I had seen all the Articles and Benchmarks. Read them endlessly.

But after adding the following to a game or two:
Max Resolution Scaling and ALL Max Settings (including Max AA), the results I first witnessed before, were probably a result of the card throttling. And as a result, at that time, the 2080-Ti didn't seem much better.

(Note: If u paid what... $859 for 2080(?) and u could get a 2080-Ti for additional $140 in the EVGA Trade-Up program, it would be worth it. Especially if I'm right, about the 2080-Ti light, just starting to shine.)

Experiment with Resolution Scaling on ur 2080 with following settings:

A. Find a game with settings for Resolution Scaling. Hopefully one that u like, and have played a lot.

B. Set RS to Max, only use High Graphic Settings, and Lowest AA. Then test Game-play.

C. Keep RS set to Max, use Ultra Graphic Settings, and Lowest AA.Then test Game-play.

D. Keep RS set to Max, use Ultra Graphic Settings, and use Max AA.Then test Game-play.

What ur looking for is whether or not the Game-play is just as smooth in all three scenarios- and only FPS is reduced, but it is still at a playable rate.

If FPS seems too low, an nVidia-Certified-G-Sync-Compatible LCD can be shopped for during the next few months. Because, as more and more of them flood the Market and become fully certified by nVidia; and as the prices fluctuate and u monitor (Pun intended) them closely, u can snag the best of the best when prices are as low as u can ever hope. I'm shopping for a 4K version during the next 6-10 months.

Even if ur 2080 shines with RS Maxed; an EVGA Step-Up to 2080-Ti, may still be the best thing u can do- before 90 days run out.

With all ^^, I guess I should play the Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands game and experiment on it. (I think it has RS in settings.) Last time I tested TCGRW it was in February. And I didn't think of implementing (Maxing) RS when I tested it, because it didn't seem logical to and I had just got my cards.

When I tested TCGRW, I only wanted to see if a single 2080-Ti could achieve, while on Ultra Settings; the same or just a little less FPS as a 1080-Ti or 1080-Ti-SLI could on only High Settings. It appeared at the time NOT to.

But I'm guessing now, maybe the 2080-Ti was throttling. And as a result, it deceived me into thinking that stuttering FPS and the lack of smooth Game-play was the fault of the Game's Design, a poorly ported game, drivers, or whatever.

See, for me, the Far Cry 5 game passed the Max RS test with flying colors during the last two days-- with-- all Maxed Everything!

Max RS, Ultra Graphics Settings, and Max AA.

I messed-up the final Boss and all the cronies so bad I felt bad and I apologized to them. lol Didn't even have everything unlocked. Barely implemented anything to my advantage. Simply messed them all up with Rambo skills. And never- NEVER! did the game play anything but smoothly. Note: Also used (for test purposes) only Optimal Defaults on MOBO and Stock GPU clocks and a fan curve.  

As a result, I'll be using a single card for a number of weeks. And personally evaluating the 2080-Ti-SLI nVLink's Bandwidth effect on Game-play is going to be put on hold.

danperry13
Superclocked Member
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/10 11:22:54 (permalink)
Yea Ubisoft has the best TAA and resolution scaling in the business..some other people may be able to, but i can barely tell the difference between TAA/50 and  TAA/100.     They've also future proofed the living hell out of their more recent games, people for years talked about running crisis as the the pinnacle of computer performance.    Try running r6 seige /w the 4k graphics pack installed and TAAx4 enabled at 100%

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/10 18:37:38 (permalink)
danperry13
Yea Ubisoft has the best TAA and resolution scaling in the business..some other people may be able to, but i can barely tell the difference between TAA/50 and  TAA/100.     They've also future proofed the living hell out of their more recent games, people for years talked about running crisis as the the pinnacle of computer performance.    Try running r6 seige /w the 4k graphics pack installed and TAAx4 enabled at 100%

Cool.

lately i like Single Player Games. But r6 seige was fun the 1st two times in single player mode. I'll give it another go soon. Only played it on 1070-Ti-SLI about two years ago.

r6 seige has RS?

4k package works with a 1440p LCD?

Or is 4k package what allows for RS in r6 seige?

danperry13
Superclocked Member
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/10 18:41:11 (permalink)
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
Cool.

lately i like Single Player Games. But r6 seige was fun the 1st two times in single player mode. I'll give it another go soon. Only played it on 1070-Ti-SLI about two years ago.

r6 seige has RS?

Yea the resolution scaling is done through TAA, you can do it with any resolution and any texture quality.  - set it at taa x 4 - 100% resolution scaling and run the bench mark and watch your PC floor even at 2k :P
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/11 11:56:10 (permalink)
danperry13
Bee_Dee_3_Dee

Cool. ty

r6 seige has RS?

Yea the resolution scaling is done through TAA, you can do it with any resolution and any texture quality.  - set it at taa x 4 - 100% resolution scaling and run the bench mark and watch your PC floor even at 2k :P

Cool. Cool. ty

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege game will go on the RS Test list.

Grand Theft Auto V game just passed the RS test. w00t!
-Maxed Out on EVERY Graphics Setting
-Resolution Scaling: 2/1 (x2.000) (GTA V calls it, "Frame Scaling Mode")
-Exception for AA: Only FXAA: "On". (MSAA: Off and NVIDIA TXAA: Off)

With ^^ settings the Game-play was extremely smooth and never- NEVER! did the game play anything but smoothly.   Yes, FPS was reduced, but on a G-Sync monitor it always stayed in the sweet spot like Far Cry 5 did the two days I experimented with it. And it was so beautiful all maxed out (including 2xRS) that words couldn't describe it. And no jagged lines- NONE now- finally- w00t! 2080-Ti RULES!

Games with Resolution Scaling/ Frame Scaling, still to be tested:

-Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
-Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

I'll probably GID, "Resolution Scaling+PC Games" or "PC Games With RS", to figure out additional games to add to RS Test list.

Bye

PS
I just read closer that u said (for TCR6S),
"taa x 4 - 100% resolution scaling and run the bench mark and watch your PC floor even at 2k :P"

I overlooked the point being that, it could do 400%. That is too cool. TY!

PPS
But wait- more importantly i digressed... did I hear,
"What's wrong McFly? Chicken?" lol

I got to try it now. I'll start moving TCR6S' install folder from older Mechanical HDD to my new SSD for games.

The coolest thing will be if TCR6S' FPS never stutters @400% RS (TAA) and it only gets reduced below 30. It might actual still be playable. If not, then maybe, just maybe, in a few weeks: nVLink to the rescue!? lol

Cool. TCR6S is moved to SSD and sitting on the Chopping-Block. lol I'll test it after lunch.

PPPS
10240X5760 Resolution.
Sure. NP. lol

post edited by Bee_Dee_3_Dee - 2019/03/11 13:04:55

danperry13
Superclocked Member
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/11 13:53:41 (permalink)
LOL how'd that go? I cranked everything up with the Ultra DLC Texture package and I thought I heard screws strip. Some days I wish I had standard 2k and not 3440x1440.
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/11 14:15:02 (permalink)
danperry13
LOL how'd that go? I cranked everything up with the Ultra DLC Texture package and I thought I heard screws strip. Some days I wish I had standard 2k and not 3440x1440.

i'm still (late lunch) stuffing my face. lol

Hoping my 2080-Ti won't beg for water and it just crawls.

i'll turn the screws on my vid card after just... one... more... thin... wafer. (Stop before 50 sec. mark or else suffer.)

Hopefully my vid card won't do a Mr. Creosote. lol

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/11 15:33:42 (permalink)
danperry13,

RS (TAA) Test Results for: (Important: RivaTuner Frame Lock was @144FPS.)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege 
001. Annotation 2019-03-11 173939 (All High 100% RS).png

002. Annotation 2019-03-11 174452 (All High 200% RS).png

003. Annotation 2019-03-11 174952 (All Ultra 200% RS).png

004. Annotation 2019-03-11 175242 (All Ultra 400% RS)

Test 001:
The first time I tested just High and 100% RS (TAA), the camera, as it panned left and/or right, wasn't smooth at all.

So I restarted the game- in case the problem was related to me not having used the Settings Menu in so long- that I missed something. So I re-ran it and got the 1st test result (above) and it was still wasn't smooth while panning.

Test 002:
With All High 200% RS (TAA) the camera was smooth as butter. (Therefore in Test 001 my vid card must have been throttling or something.)

Test 003:
With All Ultra 200% RS (TAA) the camera was smooth as butter.

Test 004:
With All Ultra 400% RS (TAA) the camera was smooth as butter.

Even Mr. Creosote could stomach these results. lol

That leaves testing actual Game-play smoothness I guess.  

Attached Image(s)

danperry13
Superclocked Member
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/11 18:37:31 (permalink)
 I'm going to upload a video of what 3440x1440 /w TAAx4 @ 100% does to the RTX 2080 TI :P I wouldn't consider it playable, but it's definitely impressive.  I'll post it out side the thread :P see how many r6 players we can get to post a TAAx4 bench at whatever native res they run at.  Look for it under the RTX hub.

post edited by danperry13 - 2019/03/11 18:55:46
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/12 10:05:50 (permalink)
danperry13
 I'm going to upload a video of what 3440x1440 /w TAAx4 @ 100% does to the RTX 2080 TI :P I wouldn't consider it playable, but it's definitely impressive.  I'll post it out side the thread :P see how many r6 players we can get to post a TAAx4 bench at whatever native res they run at.  Look for it under the RTX hub.

Cool.

danperry13
Superclocked Member
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/12 20:29:13 (permalink)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JyPk5v_cos       This is the hell that 3440x1440 x taax4 provides :P
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/13 12:44:27 (permalink)
danperry13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JyPk5v_cos       This is the hell that 3440x1440 x taax4 provides :P

danperry13's ^^ Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Benchmark results @13760x5760 (400% TAA) (Native 3440x1440):

With G-Sync, ^^ would still be very playable.

Games can run very smooth in the range of 40 to 50 FPS with G-Sync LCD.

Yesterday I finished the last of the Main Story Missions in Far Cry 5; played it in the range of 40 to 50 FPS with my G-Sync 2560x1440p LCD (@5120x2880 200% RS). (Still using a single 2080-Ti.)

And it was bliss. Using Normal Difficulty I didn't die a single time.

Now the only thing left to do in Far Cry 5 is:

A. run around collecting a few things here and there.

And see endless beautiful scenery with All Ultra Settings and 200% RS.

All the ambiance of the game's sounds and visuals is stunning when the game is completely Maxed out. Just walking around is amazing.

Never mind the satisfaction of all the Hardware investments and time researching; having had worked out as well if not better than could have ever been hoped for.

B. start a new game, with Highest Difficulty setting, then slaughter all the bad guys.

After all, I now know all the ways to take advantage of things the game has.

Like which AI buddies are best to use; plus when, where, and how to implement their special skills. Muahaha!

The really long Opening cut scene, alone, should look so amazing, and well worth sitting back for 5 minuets and seeing all Maxed out now.

post edited by Bee_Dee_3_Dee - 2019/03/13 13:14:30

Attached Image(s)

danperry13
Superclocked Member
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/14 11:48:09 (permalink)
I don't play a lot of single player games so, I try not to touch anything that's sub 100 fps. G-sync isn't going to stop you from getting plowed if your fps is actually only 30 fps lol.
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/14 14:56:11 (permalink)
danperry13
I don't play a lot of single player games so, I try not to touch anything that's sub 100 fps. G-sync isn't going to stop you from getting plowed if your fps is actually only 30 fps lol.

Yes. agreed.

And nope. Never hit 30 FPS in FC5 with 200% RS.

While being chased by multiple Wild Wolves, i'd shoot 'em between the eyes while running and dodging.

I did play 5,000+ hours of of MP; and I would give-up 200% RS for twice the FPS if i still did.

But most of the time, when i did play MP, i was more on the support, medic, and squad leader side; where staying out of danger helped the team win. And that was mostly 8800 GTX days and Max Video resulted in 100 FPS average. Before that with a 7800 GT, I'd set video settings so the games stayed above 80 FPS.

Ppl vs AI was so fun in Tom Clancy's The division One, I couldn't stop playing until I'd played over 500 hours. I set the Video settings so average was 80 FPS. i eventual stopped playing it one day... just before the last time ever playing it, i said before starting it, "REALLY?", and never played it again. I had seen and done everything, unlocked everything, and there was no need to ever play in again. (I'll re-install it soon just for running the Benchmark on 2080-Ti.)

The Division Two (out in days) is going to be a blast. But i'm not worried about playing it right away because the starting Price is too high. So I'll wait for it to go on Sale (on Uplay).

And in the meantime, simply invest $99 into becoming an Origin access Premier member and thus play all their Origin Access Premier Vault Games. w00t!

BF5 SP should be fun and a good test for a 2080-Ti and i'll give the MP a try, too.

Today i tried to figure out how to upload a video of me on the coolest bike in GTA V @200% Frame-Scaling. Beautiful!

The bike is so cool that this forum won't even let me use the name. lol

GTA 5 - ****zu PCJ-600

See ^^ ? (Guess the four missing letters. The first is, "S"...) lol

ok forum i got u... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxpaeuJYExQ

block that Mr. Forum!

i'll post a vid of me on one, after i figure out how. (Recording is built into the game. I think u just start and stop the recording but don't die.) Riding one is the only thing i do with the GTA V game. I've Driven it exclusively 40+ hours. It's the 2nd fasted bike in the game, and holds the longest Wheelie. Great both on and off road, but might as well stick to the highway with it.

danperry13
Superclocked Member
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/17 21:07:16 (permalink)
Yea div 2 is playing well besides the network issues :p ubi has server issues always
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10102
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/17 23:58:27 (permalink)
Really good trouble shooting guide that would be a great place for people to start but I want people to know you can always turn to the EVGA support for help.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Dan's RTX Trouble Shooting flow. 2019/03/18 09:08:07 (permalink)
Hoggle
Really good trouble shooting guide that would be a great place for people to start but I want people to know you can always turn to the EVGA support for help.

OP is truly talented at communicating.

EVGA Support is so much better than any (PC Hardware) company there's no comparison.

And no matter how much their company grows; EVGA Support continues to deliver.

Corsair deserves strong mention. But so many other companies that could compete in support, don't even seem to try.

All that companies have to do is emulate EVGA. Reverse engineer EVGA Support and recreate it. 

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile