EVGA

Hot!RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 Ultra DisplayPort 1.4 (DSC) Issues

Author
HisActions
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/05/11 20:07:32 (permalink)
Hello, I have a brand new LG Ultra Gear 45inch OLED monitor and it has an option for DisplayPort 1.4 DSC but when I go to use it the monitor disappears from display manager and acts like its not connected. When I switch back to 1.4 (non DSC) it goes back to being detected. This issue is very annoying and from my searching on the internet it looks like its possibly related to a DisplayID thing. As referenced in this post here  

This seems to be very similar to my issue but the DSC option doesn't work at all.

Any ideas? I'd love to utilize my 240 hz haha. Locked at 144hz currently.

4 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49092
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 Ultra DisplayPort 1.4 (DSC) Issues 2024/05/12 01:05:58 (permalink)
    I'm guessing you already tried this... https://nvidia.custhelp.c...ate-tool-for-displayid
    HisActions
    Re: RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 Ultra DisplayPort 1.4 (DSC) Issues 2024/05/12 10:50:18 (permalink)
    Sajin
    I'm guessing you already tried this... 

Yes I have tried this. It just tells me "the Update is not applicable to the graphics card in my pc." I thought it was going to be my fix but we're back at square one.
    HisActions
    Re: RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 Ultra DisplayPort 1.4 (DSC) Issues 2024/05/12 14:13:41 (permalink)
    I have discovered that the GPU can't handle 4 monitors at the same time. I was able to turn on DP 1.4 DSC when I have 3 monitors plugged in. So to keep with my 6 monitor set up I installed another GPU to cover the other 3 monitors. Very odd troubleshooting and I'm glad to have found the solution. This whole time I thought it was a firmware issue of some sort.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30878
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 Ultra DisplayPort 1.4 (DSC) Issues 2024/05/12 15:42:29 (permalink)
    HisActions
    I have discovered that the GPU can't handle 4 monitors at the same time. I was able to turn on DP 1.4 DSC when I have 3 monitors plugged in. So to keep with my 6 monitor set up I installed another GPU to cover the other 3 monitors. Very odd troubleshooting and I'm glad to have found the solution. This whole time I thought it was a firmware issue of some sort.

Welcome to the EVGA Forums & Congrats on your first Thread

Good to see you got it working

The information, in link below seems to explain the issue you had

NVIDIA Support
    DSC is used in both DisplayPort 1.4+ and HDMI 2.1 standards.

(excerpt)
    • When a display is connected to the GPU and is set to DSC mode, the GPU may use two internal heads to drive the display when the pixel rate needed to drive the display mode exceeds the GPU’s single head limit. This may affect your display topology when using multiple monitors.  For example if two displays with support for DSC are connected to a single GeForce GPU, all 4 internal heads will be utilized and you will not be able to use a third monitor with the GPU at the same time.
    • If the GPU detects that a display supports DSC, DSC mode will be enabled automatically.  Some displays may allow you to disable DSC by changing the communication link from the displays internal settings (eg. changing the DisplayPort mode from Displayport 1.4 to DisplayPort 1.2)     
    • NVIDIA DSR, NVIDIA DLDSR and NVIDIA Image Scaling are not supported when DSC mode is enabled. 

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

When someone does not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place; you can't use reason to convince them otherwise!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile