RTX 2080 Ti XC BLACK + EVGA Hydro Copper Waterblock performance Issue

Author
Maisl
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/12/10 00:19:24 (permalink)
Hey guys,

I found some similiar Threads here in this forum but I dont feel, that I have the same Problem but I guess I have a Problem.

For me it looks like that my temps are bad as hell for this watercooper so I will check that againt, but its not reaching the templimit of 88°
And the new auto oc scanner is running fine and just reaching the Powerlimit, i found some other interessting information like new BIOS update, but this changed nothing ( because I just have 112% Powertarget) 

And in benchmark it doesnt lookt like that it downclock under 1650Mhz
PSU has 1000WATT check Image A and C for more information

CPU is in that benchmark not OCed. And when its not running, the temps are fine.

So here I have no Idea. Would be greate if you re able to help me 

Thanks in advance Maisl

Attached Image(s)

5 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: RTX 2080 Ti XC BLACK + EVGA Hydro Copper Waterblock performance Issue 2018/12/10 05:18:31 (permalink)
    It definitely looks like you have an issue.

You need to load a picture of your GPU and how the block is set up.

What size radiator are you using?
    Maisl
    Re: RTX 2080 Ti XC BLACK + EVGA Hydro Copper Waterblock performance Issue 2018/12/10 05:27:26 (permalink)
    Hey Scarlet

I will upload in I guess 6h more pictures regarding the real PC. Right now I am not next to my PC
    But CPU is in same circle, we re talking about two internal radiators (I am a noob) 
    One with 3 coolers another one with 2 coolers, an external one with 15 x 120mm coolers

CPU was able to hit over 4400 Cinebenchscore now next to 3.500, with installing a new bios, it was resettet.
    Both are watercooled, and the water is going from component to radiator to component to radiator and so on :D
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: RTX 2080 Ti XC BLACK + EVGA Hydro Copper Waterblock performance Issue 2018/12/10 06:26:14 (permalink)
    More than likely it is either a thermal paste issue, or an issue with how tight the screws are.

At this point, I would think thermal paste. If there is an air bubble in the thermal paste, that will allow small portions of the GPU core to heat up.

Hopefully it isn’t a flow issue. Before you take everything completely apart, I would say to try tightening the screws around the gpu core just a little. Since you are using water cooling for the CPU as well, this should be easy to do without removing all of the components. Just power down the system, remove the power cable from the power supply, and check the tighteness of the 4 main screws around the gpu core.

If they are snug, you may need to reapply the thermal paste.

When you applied the thermal paste, how did you apply it? Did you use the X method, or pea size method, or did you spread it yourself?
    Maisl
    Re: RTX 2080 Ti XC BLACK + EVGA Hydro Copper Waterblock performance Issue 2018/12/10 10:06:26 (permalink)
    Someone else was doing that, so I am not sure about that, after increasing the tighteness it looks like an improvement but i am not 100% sure if that is related to it.
    But there was a hard change 

Attached Image(s)

Maisl
    Re: RTX 2080 Ti XC BLACK + EVGA Hydro Copper Waterblock performance Issue 2018/12/10 10:24:25 (permalink)
    Now it looks fine,

just another question, do I have the correct drivers? I was seeing and reading a lot infos about more temp sensors but I just see one and about a powertarget of 130%

Attached Image(s)

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile