EVGA

RTX 2060 Black screen

Author
Aymeric3993
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/01/30 12:56:17 (permalink)
hi , come here because I built my new rig yesterday(Ryzen 2700x, MSI B450I and Cooler master 650 PSU) with the brand new EVGA RTX 2060 ultra xc.
Happy to see that all goes great , at the end of my gaming session I did a benchmark to have a global result of GPU'S performance and it was correct. Then I put down the computer (doing some win 10 update) until this morning. 
What was the surprise to see that (10hours later) the PC was unable to boot longer than the loading screen of windows and then: Black screen. I've tried first to focus on my WIN 10 instal, formatting everything on my SSD and launching a new installation but the problem appeared again once win 10 automatically instal NVIDIA drivers (I get a black screen and nothing react).
I managed to enter safe mode and to erase totally the driver using DDU and after that win 10 reboot normally but once I install any drivers that are compatible (from EVGA or NVIDIA) the pc crash and black screen (my monitor ask for signal).
I've also tried to instal monitor's drivers before NVDIA's ones but the issue is the same.
I've tried each plug of the GPU and also verified PSU and PCIE connectors but everything is right.
I can only access to BIOS and SAFE mode.
Seeing similar issues on higher generations of RTX I'm wondering if there is any solution yet? 
Some people talks about under clocking from the bios , how can I do that? what should I try before using RMA (and how to use RMA?) 

Thank you for your help

1 Reply Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: RTX 2060 Black screen 2019/01/30 13:21:39 (permalink)
    I'd recommend testing the card in another known good working pc to see if the same issue occurs in another system. If the same problem occurs in another system I would rma the card.

https://www.evga.com/howtorma/
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile