EVGA

RMA received, how long before refund?

Author
DingusMaximus69
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/09/07 07:10:10 (permalink)
My RMA for the RTX 2060 was received by EVGA on 9/1. When can I expect a refund?

It shows “Shipping out option selected: Refund” and that the “Shipped from EVGA” is PENDING. Is this the same thing?

EVGA warranty does not have direct information on refunds, maybe I missed something, because all I’ve seen concerning refunds is something under Cross-Ship RMA:

“Upon receipt of your product, without damage, EVGA will refund the collateral paid in full. In order to receive a full refund of your collateral, your original product MUST be received by EVGA within 14 days from the date EVGA shipped the replacement to your address. For the avoidance of doubt, the 14 days begins on the day the replacement is shipped by EVGA, not the day you receive the replacement.”

It states “upon receipt”, but the next section goes on to say:

“The complete refund process may take 7-14 business days from the date EVGA receives your product at its receiving facility. Your collateral will be refunded in US Dollars. EVGA is not responsible for fluctuations in the currency exchange rate or conversion fees charged by your financial institution.”

This is confusing as I am not doing a Cross-Ship RMA. I just want a refund. I’m regretting having gone straight thru EVGA as I could have purchased this card locally and would have had this refunded and exchanged a long time ago when the card first started giving me display problems.

I went thru and managed to have the shipping RMA label printed, I don’t own a printer, but did so because EVGA requests it and I wanted this process to go as smoothly as possible. It cost me nearly $60 to have this card shipped back to EVGA. Wanted to really make sure this card was safely packaged.

Im periodically checking the EVGA website, under members/my products to see if anything updates. Still pending. I understand your facility probably receives thousands of RMAs throughout the week. I’ve worked retail, shipping/receiving/sales. I get it, your team is busy.

I’m confused on the warranty details, when should I expect to be issued a refund for my RMA?

6 Replies Related Threads

arestavo
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6916
    • Ribbons : 76
    Re: RMA received, how long before refund? 2020/09/07 10:19:07 (permalink)
    Your best option is to contact EVGA and not ask on a (mostly) user to user help forum: https://www.evga.com/support/custsupp.asp 
    EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: RMA received, how long before refund? 2020/09/08 10:03:55 (permalink)
    Typically, about 7-10 business days but can take up to 14. This is all dependent on the bank. Once the product has been checked in and passes physical inspection it is then sent to the accounting team. Keep in mind if you don't have the same card number between that time, it will be refunded to the bank account number, not the card number. Hope this explains it. 
    flyingtoaster85
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 282
    Re: RMA received, how long before refund? 2020/09/09 18:51:55 (permalink)
    EVGA issued my refund within 2-3 days of them receiving my card.

Main: 10700k @ 5.4ghz, 3090 K|NGP|N Hydrocopper, 4x8 @4300 16-16-16-36, EVGA 1200 P2, MSI Z490 Unify, 5 radiators, 2 pumps. Heavily modified Evolv ATX

Travel size: Zen3 5800H, RTX 3060 Laptop GPU w/unlocked bios, 2x16 Kingston HyperX 3200 C20
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: RMA received, how long before refund? 2020/09/10 07:51:26 (permalink)
    DingusMaximus69
    My RMA for the RTX 2060 was received by EVGA on 9/1. When can I expect a refund?

It shows “Shipping out option selected: Refund” and that the “Shipped from EVGA” is PENDING. Is this the same thing?

EVGA warranty does not have direct information on refunds, maybe I missed something, because all I’ve seen concerning refunds is something under Cross-Ship RMA:

“Upon receipt of your product, without damage, EVGA will refund the collateral paid in full. In order to receive a full refund of your collateral, your original product MUST be received by EVGA within 14 days from the date EVGA shipped the replacement to your address. For the avoidance of doubt, the 14 days begins on the day the replacement is shipped by EVGA, not the day you receive the replacement.”

It states “upon receipt”, but the next section goes on to say:

“The complete refund process may take 7-14 business days from the date EVGA receives your product at its receiving facility. Your collateral will be refunded in US Dollars. EVGA is not responsible for fluctuations in the currency exchange rate or conversion fees charged by your financial institution.”

This is confusing as I am not doing a Cross-Ship RMA. I just want a refund. I’m regretting having gone straight thru EVGA as I could have purchased this card locally and would have had this refunded and exchanged a long time ago when the card first started giving me display problems.

I went thru and managed to have the shipping RMA label printed, I don’t own a printer, but did so because EVGA requests it and I wanted this process to go as smoothly as possible. It cost me nearly $60 to have this card shipped back to EVGA. Wanted to really make sure this card was safely packaged.

Im periodically checking the EVGA website, under members/my products to see if anything updates. Still pending. I understand your facility probably receives thousands of RMAs throughout the week. I’ve worked retail, shipping/receiving/sales. I get it, your team is busy.

I’m confused on the warranty details, when should I expect to be issued a refund for my RMA?

Best case: Sept 11th, Worst case: Sept 22nd...... as per there warranty info. Thats if the HQ doesnt burn down from cali's wild fires or other wild things or a typhoon doesnt wash the HQ away etc....

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    DingusMaximus69
    • Total Posts : 14
    Re: RMA received, how long before refund? 2020/09/10 11:20:03 (permalink)
    Just wanted to make my final update here concerning all things with this 2060 and my experience with EVGA as a whole.

EVGA product page didn't update the status of the RMA but I was told today by an EVGA associate that the refund was posted 9/3. About 2 days after they received the card. Checked my bank and voila theres my refund in full.

I just want to say I really appreciate all your help. Its difficult to quantify this all through a forum post but I will state it here for the record, for future lurkers and potential EVGA customers; I think your all professionals and I respect you for providing a high level of customer care when resolving my issues concerning the 2060.

I chose you first when making my new gpu purchase, like I did 13 years ago when I bought my first gpu. An EVGA 8800 Gtx for more $ than Id like to admit for the time!

It unfortunate the 2060 did not work, I wish you luck. Be safe.

Peace
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: RMA received, how long before refund? 2020/09/10 11:41:02 (permalink)
    thanks for the update

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile