EVGA

RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement

Author
Terence_Gerber
  • Total Posts : 24
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/06/30 02:54:25 (permalink)
Hi guys, I did an Advance rma, waiting for my replacement rtx 2080 to ship. The card is only 6 days old, will my replacement be a new in box and sealed product? I just want to make sure I'll he getting a new card replacement

24 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24079
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/06/30 03:58:23 (permalink)
    I am pretty sure it should be.
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 84141
    • Ribbons : 85
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/06/30 04:04:19 (permalink)
    If the RMA is determined to be faulty due to a manufacturing fault then you should receive a new item since you are within 14 days of purchase. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 16551
    • Ribbons : 271
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/06/30 04:08:32 (permalink)
    What the others said, but add "if available". If not available, it would be a used/refurbished replacement instead. Read the warranty terms.

https://www.evga.com/warranty/

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Terence_Gerber
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/06/30 04:56:12 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply guys. I will refuse a return card and the card is less than a week old and I paid a lot of money for a brand new card, if it's not new I wont accept it
    Terence_Gerber
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/06/30 04:57:13 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    What the others said, but add "if available". If not available, it would be a used/refurbished replacement instead. Read the warranty terms.

https://www.evga.com/warranty/

Hopefully they should have my model in stock as the RTX line is pretty new! So fingers crossed
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24079
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/06/30 05:10:48 (permalink)
    I am going to move this question to the warranty section since it is a warranty question.
    Terence_Gerber
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/06/30 05:12:25 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    I am going to move this question to the warranty section since it is a warranty question.

Hi

Sorry, I'm new to the posts so I just thought to post in in the Graphics Card section
    Terence_Gerber
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/06/30 05:15:14 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    If the RMA is determined to be faulty due to a manufacturing fault then you should receive a new item since you are within 14 days of purchase. 

I am getting the card RMA'd as it has bad coil whine. I sent a clip to EVGA support and they advised me to RMA the card. I just want to make sure that I recieve a new card in return as I really wont be happy with then if they send me a used card!
    EVGATech_GabrielT
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1104
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/06/30 13:58:59 (permalink)
    RMA requests made within 30 days of the original purchase date form an authorized reseller will receive a brand new in box product. This can be found in the link below under Product Warranty Replacement, line 6. 

https://www.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/07/01 21:35:19 (permalink)
    EVGATech_GabrielT
    RMA requests made within 30 days of the original purchase date form an authorized reseller will receive a brand new in box product. This can be found in the link below under Product Warranty Replacement, line 6. 

Not quite. "subject to availability"
    Like I said.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium

Terence_Gerber
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/07/01 21:40:01 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    EVGATech_GabrielT

Not quite. "subject to availability"
    Like I said.

Yep, I contacted EVGA and they said the one they sending isn't new. Will the performance be the same if a new one? Will there be any difference in FPS in games? Do you know what the quality of the recertified cards are like?
    EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/07/01 22:23:13 (permalink)
    Please be aware that recertified does not mean the card has been repaired or worked on in any way and could have came to us from a Step up, refund, etc. RMA units will have small blemishes but not always. If the unit is not in proper condition when you receive it, just give us a call and we can look into it for you :)
    Terence_Gerber
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/07/01 22:31:04 (permalink)
    So a recertified product isn't a repaired product or a used product? But isnt that exactly what a step up product is? It's been used for about 3 months? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    The only reason I making an issue out of it is because my Graphics Card is literally 6 days old but then they expect me to accept a used card, I don't think that is fair. If I wanted a used product I would of bought a used card from Ebay and registered it, but I paid £700 for a new card, it went faulty in the first 5 days and now they want to send me a refurb! I think not.
    I'm going to refuse the delivery and request that they send me a new in box product since I'm within 14 days of purchase, any other reseller would have to replace with a new product because its within 14 days
    Terence_Gerber
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/07/01 22:32:05 (permalink)
    EVGATech_DanielM
    Please be aware that recertified does not mean the card has been repaired or worked on in any way and could have came to us from a Step up, refund, etc. RMA units will have small blemishes but not always. If the unit is not in proper condition when you receive it, just give us a call and we can look into it for you :)

Sorry the post above was my reply lol
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 8875
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/07/01 23:35:58 (permalink)
    I would test out the card and see how it works. It could be that it's a great card and benchmarks great and if it doesn't then you tell EVGA and send it back to them. Also keep in mind EVGA warranties it just the same as they do the new ones. Of course it really depends on what you feel comfortable with and going with that.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Terence_Gerber
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/07/02 00:46:18 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    I would test out the card and see how it works. It could be that it's a great card and benchmarks great and if it doesn't then you tell EVGA and send it back to them. Also keep in mind EVGA warranties it just the same as they do the new ones. Of course it really depends on what you feel comfortable with and going with that.

Honest question, would you accept a refurbished card if your card you sending back is brand new?

Are the recertified cards from EVGA almost like new?
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4688
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/07/02 02:02:12 (permalink)
    Terence_Gerber
    Hoggle

Honest question, would you accept a refurbished card if your card you sending back is brand new?

Refurb cards are cards that have been sent back to them for step ups or maybe in some cases rma's but they are all run through a bunch of testing and oked before they are returned to the pool of cards to rma with. EvGA in the last year or so have gotten a lot stricter with any physical damage not being done to cards so a lot of the time they barely even have superficial scratches/scuff marks on them.
    To answer your question, yes I would after I tested it and if it seemed to be better then the one I had. After all you are warrantied anyway, plus you can buy into a extended warranty or even step up at this stage.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    Terence_Gerber
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/07/02 02:11:45 (permalink)
    wmmills
    Terence_Gerber
    Hoggle

Refurb cards are cards that have been sent back to them for step ups or maybe in some cases rma's but they are all run through a bunch of testing and oked before they are returned to the pool of cards to rma with. EvGA in the last year or so have gotten a lot stricter with any physical damage not being done to cards so a lot of the time they barely even have superficial scratches/scuff marks on them.
    To answer your question, yes I would after I tested it and if it seemed to be better then the one I had. After all you are warrantied anyway, plus you can buy into a extended warranty or even step up at this stage.

So the refurb card will be in good condition like if it was new and perform well? Will it be the same performance?
    I purchased extended warranty for the card so have 5 years now, EVGA said that if I give them a call in 3 weeks they will check the stock levels and exchange the replacement with a new card. But as long a I know the Recertified cards are good from EVGA and that they are in immaculate condition (you cant tell its been used) and that it perform the same or even better the I would happily accept it. I have just read so many post where customers received refurb card that performed word and that had to be RMA'd almost straight away again.

What I'm trying to get at is that I paid a lot of money for a good card, it went wrong, so I expect them to make it right 
    davevt31
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 941
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/07/02 07:36:00 (permalink)
    Where did you buy the card?  Can you return to them and get a new one to replace it?

wmmills
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/07/03 22:27:16 (permalink)
    Terence_Gerber
    wmmills
    Terence_Gerber
    Hoggle

So the refurb card will be in good condition like if it was new and perform well? Will it be the same performance?
    I purchased extended warranty for the card so have 5 years now, EVGA said that if I give them a call in 3 weeks they will check the stock levels and exchange the replacement with a new card. But as long a I know the Recertified cards are good from EVGA and that they are in immaculate condition (you cant tell its been used) and that it perform the same or even better the I would happily accept it. I have just read so many post where customers received refurb card that performed word and that had to be RMA'd almost straight away again.

What I'm trying to get at is that I paid a lot of money for a good card, it went wrong, so I expect them to make it right 

Well, RMA cards can be better, worse or the same performance as the one you sent in, its what most call a "silicon lottery" cause evga is only guaranteeing you the advertised specs so anything above that is gravy. I cant tell you for sure what the card is going to look like or perform like, I can only give you approximations until you have it in your hands to test and look over. Although, you don't have too much to worry about since evga has pretty much sent you a temp card until stock is replenished and you request a brand new one. It doesn't get better than that really.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

Help Our Vets From K-2!
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 8875
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/07/03 22:51:54 (permalink)
    Terence_Gerber
    Hoggle

The honest answer would be that I would visually inspect the card and make sure I don't notice a problem that would bug me. If it passes the visual inspection I would then see how it does running some benchmarks. Finally I would see how well PX1 says it can handle an overclock. I personally would rather have a used card that overclocks well then risk getting a new one that doesn't overclock well.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/07/04 11:26:38 (permalink)
    One thing which honestly disturbs me about receiving a refurbished card (especially shortly after buying the card) is that you are essentially getting the same product that you would have if you had just bought the card from the b-stock section of EVGA's website.  To be fair, a b-stock card has a shorter warranty which cannot be extended, so that is a difference.  But, otherwise, it is a little bit of a slap in the face if you think about it too hard and start convincing yourself that you essentially got a b-stock card for full retail price.

Wouldn't it be nice if EVGA credited back the difference in price (or at least a portion of the difference in price) between a b-stock card and a retail card if they weren't able to satisfy the "if available" clause?

For example, RTX 2080 Black Edition Gaming ("vanilla") retail card: https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-2081-KR
    $729

The exact same RTX 2080 Black Edition Gaming ("vanilla") b-stock card: https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=8 (you'll have to find it in the list for yourself, if still listed)
    $699

One is refurbished, one is new.  When you get a refurbished replacement for a retail card shortly after purchase of the retail card, the only real difference is that the refurbished b-stock card has a one-year warranty which cannot be extended, while the refurbished retail card has a three-year warranty which could have been extended (for more money, duh!).
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2019/07/04 11:34:40

wmmills
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/07/05 05:44:37 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    One thing which honestly disturbs me about receiving a refurbished card (especially shortly after buying the card) is that you are essentially getting the same product that you would have if you had just bought the card from the b-stock section of EVGA's website.  To be fair, a b-stock card has a shorter warranty which cannot be extended, so that is a difference.  But, otherwise, it is a little bit of a slap in the face if you think about it too hard and start convincing yourself that you essentially got a b-stock card for full retail price.

Wouldn't it be nice if EVGA credited back the difference in price (or at least a portion of the difference in price) between a b-stock card and a retail card if they weren't able to satisfy the "if available" clause?

For example, RTX 2080 Black Edition Gaming ("vanilla") retail card: https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-2081-KR
    $729

The exact same RTX 2080 Black Edition Gaming ("vanilla") b-stock card: https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=8 (you'll have to find it in the list for yourself, if still listed)
    $699

One is refurbished, one is new.  When you get a refurbished replacement for a retail card shortly after purchase of the retail card, the only real difference is that the refurbished b-stock card has a one-year warranty which cannot be extended, while the refurbished retail card has a three-year warranty which could have been extended (for more money, duh!).

The OP is good, evga sent him out another rma card to carry him for the time being until they get more stock and at that time he can either request the new bnib card or keep the one he has, plus he still has the option to step up and the warranty extension he can buy into if he wants. Im sure evga would do this same procedure for anyone under 14 days out from purchase. Now people that rma when they are past the 30 day mark have been using the card all that time so when they rma it makes sense they would get a used/tested card back. The only difference being they are/were still allowed to step up and get the extended warranty since they were the first owner. I wouldn't buy a b stock card unless it was on sale for a ridiculously low amount of money cause theres really no incentive to, especially when its only a $30 difference like in your example.

Help Our Vets From K-2!
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: RMA done within 14 days of purchase - will it be a new replacement 2019/07/05 12:48:07 (permalink)
    wmmillsThe OP is good, evga sent him out another rma card to carry him for the time being until they get more stock and at that time he can either request the new bnib card or keep the one he has

Good for him, but that is not normal nor expected.  Pretend that he didn't have that option; because he shouldn't have had that option per the warranty terms nor per other people's experiences.
    , plus he still has the option to step up and the warranty extension he can buy into if he wants.

Yes, like I said.
    Im sure evga would do this same procedure for anyone under 14 days out from purchase.

Nope.  Not normal, nor expected.  Others, in the past, have already proven this.  Probably the reason why this user got special treatment is because he came here right away, posted about it, and an EVGA representative stuck his foot in his own mouth when he made an incorrect reply on the topic.  If the user had just RMAed it without talking about it on this forum, there would have been no discussion about it, no incorrect expectation presented by an EVGA representative, and the user would have the refurbished card with no later option to upgrade it to brand-new-in-box.
    Now people that rma when they are past the 30 day mark have been using the card all that time so when they rma it makes sense they would get a used/tested card back. The only difference being they are/were still allowed to step up and get the extended warranty since they were the first owner.

Yes, like I said.
    I wouldn't buy a b stock card unless it was on sale for a ridiculously low amount of money cause theres really no incentive to, especially when its only a $30 difference like in your example.

I have bought b-stock cards multiple times.  You can find some real good deals.  It's not always only a $30 difference in price.  That was only the example used because it is most relevant for this user's graphics card model.

The point is, it would be nice if EVGA met the customer somewhere in the middle.  The greater the difference in price between b-stock offerings and retail offerings, the greater this becomes apparent.  In this case, it isn't very apparent.

I would expect that it is not often that EVGA would face this issue.  What is the percentage of time that a user's graphics card fails within 30 days of purchase AND the model is no longer in stock for RMA fulfillment?  On its own, the percentage of failures should be less than 5%.  Then, of those less than 5%, it should be less than 1% that are at the trailing end of a restock period.  So, it should be quite beneficial for EVGA to improve customer relations by making some price adjustments in such a case.

It is much less beneficial for EVGA to periodically offer rain-check brand-new replacements.  Doing so is much worse for EVGA's bottom dollar, and it creates animosity in customers who weren't offered such an option.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2019/07/05 13:07:16

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile