Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 58
2019/03/19 15:40:01 (permalink)

For all members of the existing Affiliate/Rewards program that has been around for years:

You are probably aware by now that the new Associates program that recently started has one major drawback - that if you are a member of the new Associates program, you cannot get the discounts yourself using someone else's code, not ever - UNLESS you cancel your Associates program membership, but then you can never join back up again, not ever.

A comment on that topic from EVGA staff states that the existing Affiliate/Rewards program "..will continue running it for the foreseeable future.  Now, you can get rewards for a purchase made using your Associates Code, and then benefit when they register with your Rewards Code!

..except you can't, at least not like you think.

Long-time EVGA member Krane (and local Brooklyn bro) registered a new product 11 days ago using my Affiliate/Rewards code (thanks buddy) - this was before I registered for the new Associates program btw, but the EVGAbucks were denied. Krane contacted EVGA to find out why. EVGA's response:
"Are you enrolled in the Affiliate program as well? If you both are enrolled in the program you would not be able to use their code."

So it seems that the response from EVGA earlier to this question is misleading if not completely wrong, and the Affiliate/Rewards program has also been changed without any notification, so if you are an Affiliate/Rewards member, you can no longer get EVGAbucks if the person registering their product with your code is also an Affiliate/Rewards program member. All of us idiots who joined the new Associates program not only lost access to any of those discounts, but now the same changes mean we have also lost the Affiliate/Rewards program from fellow long-time EVGA product users and members of the existing Affiliate/Rewards program - the ones who buy EVGA products and support EVGA the most! Brilliant! The only way you get any reward is if you bring new customers in, there is no loyalty type of reward for people who regularly buy EVGA products now if you are a member of the program(s), which almost all regulars are.

As much as we appreciated some sort of loyalty program (and $2 is not exactly a huge dent on registering a product that may have cost near $2,000), this unannounced change to a long-standing program effectively removes the loyalty reward completely for EVGA regulars. Way to alienate your own customer base!

Someone did not think this through very well.

I'm going to simplify this:

Forget the new Associate program even exists for a moment.

Up until now, with the Affiliate/Rewards program, I could register a product using someone else's Affiliate/Rewards code and they would get 2 EVGAbucks, whether or not I was also a member of the Affiliate/Rewards program - as long as we didn't live at the same address, it was fine.

NOW, if I register a product using someone else's Affiliate/Rewards code, they do NOT get 2 EVGAbucks, and the reason is because I am also an Affiliate/Rewards program member (again, unrelated to the new Associates program). That is what has changed.

This is fact because it just happened, and the EVGAbucks were denied for that reason, as advised by EVGA. Completely separate from the new Associates program.

RESOLVED

Resolved : Apparently it was not only the tech who responded to the customer service email from Krane who got it wrong, but also whoever went to verify the registration and denied the EVGAbucks in the first place, so it seems some retraining is in order, but thanks Jaeson for sorting it out.

post edited by Nereus - 2019/03/19 19:34:10

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 15:57:01 (permalink)
With the old rewards program the user must upload a copy of their invoice. Did Krane do that? If no, that is most likely why the bucks were denied.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 15:59:54 (permalink)
Sajin
With the old rewards program the user must upload a copy of their invoice. Did Krane do that? If no, that is most likely why the bucks were denied.

Wrong, sorry. Yes he uploaded, that's why he contacted EVGA about it. I posted what EVGA's response was. If you are an Affiliate/Rewards member, you can no longer get EVGAbucks if the person registering their product with your code is also an Affiliate/Rewards program member. Game over man.
post edited by Nereus - 2019/03/19 16:01:13

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 16:29:01 (permalink)
i did not have an issue. It must be a glitch

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11105
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 16:29:47 (permalink)
This is why I dropped out of that program to buy the EVGA 1300w G2 PSU for 99$.
As were you, I was under the impression that I would get a discount by using another members number, nope.
So I opted out, could not pass up that deal on the 1300w G2. Oh well, I will take the discount for using someones number rather than wait until someone uses mine.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 16:32:57 (permalink)
bill1024
This is why I dropped out of that program to buy the EVGA 1300w G2 PSU for 99$.
As were you, I was under the impression that I would get a discount by using another members number, nope.
So I opted out, could not pass up that deal on the 1300w G2. Oh well, I will take the discount for using someones number rather than wait until someone uses mine.

Yeah, it's both programs that are affected now.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 16:35:12 (permalink)
atfrico
i did not have an issue. It must be a glitch

No, EVGA was already contacted about it and confirmed as quoted in OP. If someone used your Affiliate/Rewards code and you got EVGAbucks, then it means either they are not a member of the program, or you squeaked in just before the change. Our instance was denied just 3 days ago.

krane
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5067
  • Ribbons : 15
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 16:39:50 (permalink)
I did upload an invoice, that's why I found it odd that Nereus was denied. The reply stated:

Your Answer:

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to EVGA. Are you enrolled in the Affiliate program as well? If you both are enrolled in the program you would not be able to use their code. We look forward to your response so we may further assist you. 

Regards,

EVGA

i7 7800X | EVGA x299 micro |Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB
| EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING |Tosiba OCZ-TR150 ssd| EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5 PS  | Win 11 pro 64-bit | Corsair Obsidian 350D
Affiliate Code: PPZ-BV2-N9LE
"When it stops being fun,  it's no longer a game"
Heatware 

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 16:42:04 (permalink)
Well then all you guys still can use my number when you register your new hardware.
Thanks in advance. 
U25ITA93JV 

krane
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 16:48:49 (permalink)
bill1024
Well then all you guys still can use my number when you register your new hardware.
Thanks in advance. 
U25ITA93JV 

We all might have too, if your the only one left....

| EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING |Tosiba OCZ-TR150 ssd| EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5 PS  | Win 11 pro 64-bit | Corsair Obsidian 350D
Heatware 

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 17:11:46 (permalink)

I'll be removing myself from the Associate program for sure, and the Affiliates program is pretty much pointless now, but I'll wait until I buy something and use all my remaining accrued EVGAbucks rather than risk losing them all because of some new 'feature' we didn't know about until it's too late lol.

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 17:17:54 (permalink)
You only lose any bucks earned from the new program.
Not bucks from folding or some one using the 2 buck hardware code

Viper97
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5208
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 17:18:15 (permalink)
I know I sent about 6 things out this month to members. I hope they got them.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 17:26:08 (permalink)
bill1024
You only lose any bucks earned from the new program.
Not bucks from folding or some one using the 2 buck hardware code

Read the OP, read the response from EVGA to Krane. This has absolutely nothing to do with folding whatsoever. Ignore the new Associates program - if you are a member of the existing Affiliates/Rewards program, and someone registers their new product using your Affiliate code, you will NOT get 2 EVGAbucks anymore if they are also a member of the existing Affiliates/Rewards program (again, regardless if either of you are also a member of the new Associates program).

post edited by Nereus - 2019/03/19 17:31:28

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 17:29:04 (permalink)
Viper97
I know I sent about 6 things out this month to members. I hope they got them.

Depends when you registered, since these changes are very recent. Krane registered his product on 03/08/2019 using my Affiliate/Rewards code. It was denied 3 days ago (03/16/2019) which is presumably when EVGA got around to verifying it, so if your dates are after those, you are out of luck - unless you are not an Affiliate/Rewards member yourself. :(

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31005
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 17:45:46 (permalink)
Strange

Lets hope it is some sort of mistake.  It is News to me that the program has changed.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

EVGATech_JaesonW
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 910
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 17:47:28 (permalink)
I can confirm that the Affiliate Rewards and the Associate Program are two entirely separate programs, and you can use both programs. Being a member of the Associate Program will not prevent you from using someone's Affiliate Reward code, or prevent you from getting the 2 EVGA Bucks from someone using your code. They're even used at two different pages - Affiliates from the registration page, and Associate from the shopping cart. Just to be sure, I confirmed with our programmers that the codes are completely mutually exclusive and have no crossover with each other. 

Sorry for the confusion everyone!

EVGA Customer Service Manager
Have a moment? Please rate our service 
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 17:57:38 (permalink)
EVGATech_JaesonW
I can confirm that the Affiliate Rewards and the Associate Program are two entirely separate programs, and you can use both programs. Being a member of the Associate Program will not prevent you from using someone's Affiliate Reward code, or prevent you from getting the 2 EVGA Bucks from someone using your code. They're even used at two different pages - Affiliates from the registration page, and Associate from the shopping cart. Just to be sure, I confirmed with our programmers that the codes are completely mutually exclusive and have no crossover with each other. 

Not quite correct. Yes they are separate programs, but the problem is the Affiliate/Rewards program has also changed:

Up until now, with the Affiliate/Rewards program, I could register a product using someone else's Affiliate/Rewards code and they would get 2 EVGAbucks, whether or not I was also a member of the Affiliate/Rewards program - as long as we didn't live at the same address, it was fine.

NOW, if I register a product using someone else's Affiliate/Rewards code, they do NOT get 2 EVGAbucks because I am also an Affiliate/Rewards program member (again, unrelated to the new Associates program). That is what has changed.

This is fact because it just happened, and the EVGAbucks were denied for that reason, as advised by EVGA. Completely separate from the new Associates program. 

Warning people of that change is the reason for this thread. I have modified the OP to make it clearer.

post edited by Nereus - 2019/03/19 18:05:43

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 18:05:12 (permalink)
Nereus
EVGATech_JaesonW

Not quite correct. Yes they are separate programs, but the problem is the Affiliate/Rewards program has also changed:

NOW, if I register a product using someone else's Affiliate/Rewards code, they do NOT get 2 EVGAbucks because I am also an Affiliate/Rewards program member (again, unrelated to the new Associates program). That is what has changed.

Warning people of that change is the reason for this thread.

Did they put that in writing somewhere?

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 18:07:11 (permalink)
bill1024
Nereus
EVGATech_JaesonW

Warning people of that change is the reason for this thread.

Did they put that in writing somewhere?

Yes they did, to Krane, in response to an email he sent to customer service asking why it was denied. Here is their exact response:

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to EVGA. Are you enrolled in the Affiliate program as well? If you both are enrolled in the program you would not be able to use their code. We look forward to your response so we may further assist you. 

Regards,

EVGA

post edited by Nereus - 2019/03/19 18:11:02

EVGATech_JaesonW
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 910
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 18:15:27 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Nereus 2019/03/19 20:11:39
Nereus,

I apologize, as the information that my tech gave you initially is incorrect as I stated in my post. I've sent out information to my team to make sure they understand this better for future questions regarding the programs. I can guarantee you though that this is not the actual reason why the EVGA bucks were denied. It's way too much work to look each person up and see if they're an Associate before approving or denying Affiliate rewards!

I see that everything matches up, so I'll go ahead and add the $2 to your account for you. Again sorry for the confusion!

EVGA Customer Service Manager
Have a moment? Please rate our service 
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 18:17:21 (permalink)
Odd that EVGA would ask this Question "Are you enrolled in the Affiliate program as well?" because being Customer Service they should already know. 
But it is a new program and there are some bugs that need to be worked out and Customer Service needs to be on the Same Page as the rest of EVGA.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/03/19 18:20:32

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 18:22:42 (permalink)
I wonder if the person working the approvals got confused between the two programs and denied it. 
EVGATech_JaesonW said it should go through. 
If they did change it, that stinks.

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31005
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 18:29:13 (permalink)
It was just a mistake ... nothing changed (See Post 21)

EVGATech_JaesonW = EVGA Customer Service Manager

"I apologize, as the information that my tech gave you initially is incorrect as I stated in my post."

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

kram36
The Destroyer
  • Total Posts : 21477
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 19:16:35 (permalink)
EVGATech_JaesonW

This is exactly how it worked for me. Just had a member use my Affiliate Code and it was approved. I am singed up for both Associates and Affiliate programs.
post edited by kram36 - 2019/03/19 19:17:39
krane
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 19:18:37 (permalink)
I'm glad that's worked out, now someone should throw me $2. for my trouble.....

Heatware 

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 19:26:03 (permalink)
krane
I'm glad that's worked out, now someone should throw me $2. for my trouble.....

lol +1 on that

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 19:30:14 (permalink)
EVGATech_JaesonW
Nereus,

I apologize, as the information that my tech gave you initially is incorrect as I stated in my post. I've sent out information to my team to make sure they understand this better for future questions regarding the programs. I can guarantee you though that this is not the actual reason why the EVGA bucks were denied. It's way too much work to look each person up and see if they're an Associate before approving or denying Affiliate rewards!

I see that everything matches up, so I'll go ahead and add the $2 to your account for you. Again sorry for the confusion!

Ok great thanks Jase, appreciate you looking into it. It's not only the tech who responded to the customer service email from Krane who got it wrong, but also whoever went to verify the registration and denied it, so there definitely needs to be some clarification made to staff. Thanks again, I'll amend the OP accordingly.

My rewards page still shows it as denied btw... lol.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 19:35:21 (permalink)
kram36
EVGATech_JaesonW

This is exactly how it worked for me. Just had a member use my Affiliate Code and it was approved. I am singed up for both Associates and Affiliate programs.

Was that person also an Affiliate member? (not Associate, that's not relevant apparently, are they an Affiliate program member?)

post edited by Nereus - 2019/03/19 19:43:30

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: WARNING - AFFILIATE (REWARDS) PROGRAM MEMBERS READ THIS NOW 2019/03/19 19:35:21 (permalink)
EVGATech_JaesonW
Nereus,

Wait a minute.. no, it was not denied because either of us was an Associate.. like I said, ignore that the new Associate program exists. It was apparently denied because we were both members of the older Affiliates/Rewards program...

Sigh....

post edited by Nereus - 2019/03/19 19:51:33

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile