2018/08/11 16:23:42 (permalink)
Precision XOC 6.2.7
2x EVGA 1080 ti FTW3 (SLI disabled)
nVidia driver version 398.82
Windows 10 Enterprise 1803
Intel I7-5960X
64 GB RAM
Nothing is overclocked

For quite a while now I've been experiencing an issue with Precision XOC, starting with version 6.2.3 and the issue still persists in version 6.2.7. I've narrowed the issue down to XOC because the problem never happens if XOC is not running; as soon as it's running, I get the issue.

Whether I'm playing a game or just working as normal with programs on my desktop, the entire system will freeze at random times for anywhere from 0.5 to 3 seconds. It doesn't matter what activity I'm doing, it freezes in all cases. While frozen, audio works fine but any gameplay and video playback freezes and eventually begins to stutter back to health after a few seconds. While this is happening, the mouse cursor is unresponsive and programs on the desktop refuse to respond or do so very slowly. This is a huge problem because it's annoying to have to deal with when working outside of games and causes me to lose a ton of FPS matches as I just sit and let people shoot me when everything is frozen. In one weird case with Quake Champions, after I come back from being frozen, the game acts as if my internet connection was down and does the rubber banding effect all over the place for a while until things stabilize. My keyboard is completely unresponsive during this time as well but will catch up with what I've typed once the system unfreezes.

Working with XOC also produces this issue by just navigating the UI and doing simple things like clicking buttons or saving the configuration. I really want to use XOC for the fan curve because I like seeing 60 degree temps at full load instead of 70-80+!

I am not overclocking anything and everything in XOC is at default settings aside from using an aggressive fan curve and settings like "start with windows" and "start minimized". Again, this problem does not exist when XOC is NOT running. Does anyone have any idea what it could be or how I can fix the issue? 

NOTE: I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling XOC (clean install), and rebooting my system and nothing fixes the problem. This issue has also affected me across many nVidia driver updates and my drivers are currently up to date.
post edited by akusei - 2018/08/11 16:50:15

2 Replies Related Threads

XFatalityXz
    • Total Posts : 24
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.3 - 6.2.7 Causing Random System-wide Freezing 2018/09/07 16:01:37 (permalink)
    Not sure if that is definitely related as I mostly noticed this issue only while gaming but I had some split second stutters/freezes when I had OSD and hardware monitoring enabled in evga precision xoc. Disabling OSD and pausing hardware monitoring fixed it for me.
    deaistar
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 113
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.3 - 6.2.7 Causing Random System-wide Freezing 2018/09/09 16:53:47 (permalink)
    The only time I had this issue was when my GPU clock was capped at 1569 where it would hang the system at 100% CPU and I would have to completely uninstall it at times. This was for a single card though so not sure if this helps.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile