EVGA

Precision X fan curve resets with restart SC15

Author
robocho
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/08/09 12:32:15 (permalink)
Hi all, I am having issues with getting my custom fan curve settings to save in Precision X.  I am running version 1.0.8 of PrecisionX and I have done the Bios update to my SC15.  I have made a custom profile in Precision Tuner and clicked apply after making my fan curve but every time I restart the computer or even close Precision X, the curve resets to default.   I also notice that clicking apply or cancel in the fan curve settings window doesn't do anything, the only way to close the window is by hitting the x.  Anyone else had this issue and resolved it?   Thanks

3 Replies Related Threads

EVGA_Thomas123
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 150
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Precision X fan curve resets with restart SC15 2018/08/09 13:32:01 (permalink)
    Hello Robocho, 

There's a few things you can try when it comes to this. I would recommend uninstalling Precision X OC, and then deleting the directory you've installed it in (for ex. C:\Program Files(x86)\EVGA). Then re-installing Precision. When you're setting curves, this is normally through application. So, the application will need to be running for the profiles to be active. One thing you can do to minimize pop ups during boot would be to enter the settings on Precision and check the settings for 'Start with Windows' and 'Start minimized'. You can then set your fan curves. Right click on the numbers at the bottom to save your profile. Once you've saved the profile, left click on the number in which you've saved the profile to, to make sure it's active. Restart your system and see if this helps. If you're still having issues, please let us know. You can also contact our Customer Support Line 1 (888) 881-3842. We're opened 24/7. 

Regards,
    Thomas N. 
    robocho
    • Total Posts : 3
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Precision X fan curve resets with restart SC15 2018/08/09 13:46:42 (permalink)
    Thank you for your quick response, I actually just realized that there are newer versions when I went to re download Precision X and I forgot to mention this is the Mobile version too.  It seems that the update patched the issue!  
    EVGA_Thomas123
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 150
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Precision X fan curve resets with restart SC15 2018/08/09 13:48:09 (permalink)
    robocho
    Thank you for your quick response, I actually just realized that there are newer versions when I went to re download Precision X and I forgot to mention this is the Mobile version too.  It seems that the update patched the issue!  

Hello Robocho, 

Glad to hear that you were able to get this resolved! Happy gaming! 

Regards,
    Thomas N.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile