EVGA

Power Supply Repairs

Author
tombeaulieu
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/02/24 10:01:56 (permalink)
I have a couple EVGA PSU that don't work.  They are well within the origina warrenty window but i can't register them to my account for warranty.  So I can't return for warrenty my question is where can I send them to have them fixed.  I'd rather have them fixed since they are less than two years old and don't want to throw them in a landfill.   They are fully modular so i'd like to get them fixed and supposed to be 80+Gold rated but they died only after very little use.  Is there a way to send them in for repair????  If not direct to EVGA then where??  I just hate to throw them out.

6 Replies Related Threads

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Power Supply Repairs 2021/02/24 10:30:38 (permalink)
    Even 2nd hand owners get some kind of warranty I believe  (based of manuf date )  -- so  WHY can't you register them for possible warranty replacement .?

https://forums.evga.com/O...anty-FAQ-m2848860.aspx

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Power Supply Repairs 2021/02/24 10:32:03 (permalink)
    I would contact EVGA support and try to register them that way. Unfortunately repairing a PSU isn’t something that is probably going to be cost effective and definitely voids the warranty and a bad repair job could fry everything inside a computer very easily.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

tombeaulieu
    • Total Posts : 14
    Re: Power Supply Repairs 2021/02/24 12:41:24 (permalink)
    Talked with EVGA despite being a Brand New PSU that was not opened or used they will not honor their 10 Year Gold Warrenty.  I was also told to just throw it out.  Really.  Says right on the Box 10 Year Warrenty.   Why have that on the box, a brand new not used product and they won't stand behind their own Product???     So does anyone know a place that can fix power supplies I hate to throw this in the garbage it's so wastefull.   
    xenkw0n
    • Total Posts : 44
    Re: Power Supply Repairs 2021/02/24 21:47:54 (permalink)
    Unless you know someone directly I doubt the expense would be worth it, which is why they probably also recommended throwing it out... It's also incredibly dangerous to work on a PSU especially if you don't know what you're doing and it would be ill-advised for them to recommend anything but throwing it out... Not that you personally have to do that :)
    phantomshroom
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 124
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Power Supply Repairs 2021/02/25 12:29:54 (permalink)
    tombeaulieu
    So does anyone know a place that can fix power supplies I hate to throw this in the garbage it's so wastefull.   

In your local area, find some licensed electrician shops that perform home/commercial work & they should be able to refer you to someone that they may know that does electronic repairs. You can also ask your local computer shop (not box stores but ones that actually are competent & do their own PC repairs) because they also may know of someone that do the repairs.

I am a licensed electrician & have an electrical engineering background & own my own Pace 2000 soldering work station & do many repairs on electronics & I firmly believe that I can't be the only one out there that has been doing this for over 45 years so I hope that those I shops I mentioned in your area can help point you in the right direction for repairs.

I currently use dual 2000W PSU's (240VAC, 30Amp outlet) in my system that I built myself even though I own several EVGA PSU's. They are not overly expensive to repair. Several that I have repaired had transistors, capacitors, resistors, etc. replaced & total cost to me was $47 CDN. Now the people you find may charge you both for parts & labour & the labour is what increases repair prices.

Good luck
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Power Supply Repairs 2021/02/25 13:40:16 (permalink)
    It could be done but I am guessing that the labor would be the most expensive part for any licensed electrician. It's not something that you should ever open up yourself since a PSU has enough wattage to seriously hurt or even kill a person with even when not plugged in.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile