LockedPart Number Out

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
MexicanPlumber
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 394
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
Re:Part Number Out 2013/02/04 18:13:05 (permalink)
jlive

☢ OMG A FURRY ☢

I think OP may be running multiple fan control programs, which can conflict and cause the fan to stop completely. 

If you try to spin the fan by hand with the system off, does it spin freely?

There's nothing wrong with the fan on this refurbished card. It's just constantly crashing because the 240's are defective.

In a post you said
jlive 

...Please don't give the card I returned to anyone because the fan stopped working then randomly started back. You need to put a new fan on it or it will be RMAd to you guys in no time. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. 

So does the fan work or not?
_IanJ
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 383
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:Part Number Out 2013/02/04 18:29:04 (permalink)
jlive

Oh man, I get the new RMAd replacement card back and guess what? It has the same problem, constant freezing pixelated screen when watching videos or gaming. I have to hard reset 5-6 times a day now. Only this one does it more than the previous two, this card has rendered my PC virtually unusable. smh When I had the 9400 in while I was waiting for the replacement card for the 240, zero crashes/freezing with the exact same drivers!

I'm now waiting to see what if anything they will do for me now, documenting it on here too. So far one response from support:
I see that the previous card you sent to us passed testing when we tested it here. At this point it is more likely to be a problem with another component in your system. Is there any other common component that was used with both cards and has not been tested yet?
There is nothing wrong with my PC, it runs any other video within my PCs spec range(ie power supply)card fine. Please stop trying to dodge the problem with the 240 cards. Please don't give the card I returned to anyone because the fan stopped working then randomly started back. You need to put a new fan on it or it will be RMAd to you guys in no time. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I am sorry to hear that you are still having problems with your card. We can assist you with another RMA on this product. Please confirm that your current address in your EVGA profile is correct, and let us know, then we will start another RMA on your card. You can contact us by email or by phone any time 24/7

If another 240 is not available, we will replace your card with a card of equal or greater performance.

Contact us by phone at 1-888-881-3842 or email at support@evga.com. We are available 24/7 to assist you.       

jlive
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 237
Re:Part Number Out 2013/02/04 20:28:05 (permalink)
EVGATech_IanJ

jlive

Oh man, I get the new RMAd replacement card back and guess what? It has the same problem, constant freezing pixelated screen when watching videos or gaming. I have to hard reset 5-6 times a day now. Only this one does it more than the previous two, this card has rendered my PC virtually unusable. smh When I had the 9400 in while I was waiting for the replacement card for the 240, zero crashes/freezing with the exact same drivers!

I'm now waiting to see what if anything they will do for me now, documenting it on here too. So far one response from support:
I see that the previous card you sent to us passed testing when we tested it here. At this point it is more likely to be a problem with another component in your system. Is there any other common component that was used with both cards and has not been tested yet?
There is nothing wrong with my PC, it runs any other video within my PCs spec range(ie power supply)card fine. Please stop trying to dodge the problem with the 240 cards. Please don't give the card I returned to anyone because the fan stopped working then randomly started back. You need to put a new fan on it or it will be RMAd to you guys in no time. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I am sorry to hear that you are still having problems with your card. We can assist you with another RMA on this product. Please confirm that your current address in your EVGA profile is correct, and let us know, then we will start another RMA on your card. You can contact us by email or by phone any time 24/7

If another 240 is not available, we will replace your card with a card of equal or greater performance.

I already contacted you guys through e-mail I think on Friday. I'm not going to RMA it again unless you guarantee I won't get a 240 back, 3 times is enough. I think to RMA it and get the same card for a 4th time would be pointless because chances are the exact same freezing/pixelation problem with just happen again, something is wrong with those cards and some other unknown factor that effects certain people. Also I don't have any money to RMA the card right now, can you send me a shipping label with postage on it or something of that nature?
post edited by jlive - 2013/02/04 20:30:18
MexicanPlumber
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 394
  • Ribbons : 2
Re:Part Number Out 2013/02/04 20:39:32 (permalink)
So you got a supposed bad card, they are going to replace it. However you don't want them to because you will get the same thing back. But you want them to pay for shipping on an RMA that you don't want to do?
A FURRY
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 408
  • Ribbons : 4
Re:Part Number Out 2013/02/04 20:40:26 (permalink)
jlive

I already contacted you guys through e-mail I think on Friday. I'm not going to RMA it again unless you guarantee I won't get a 240 back, 3 times is enough. I think to RMA it and get the same card for a 4th time would be pointless because chances are the exact same freezing/pixelation problem with just happen again, something is wrong with those cards and some other unknown factor that effects certain people. Also I don't have any money to RMA the card right now, can you send me a shipping label with postage on it or something of that nature? 

You don't want to RMA it, but you want a shipping label so you can RMA? This conversation is making less and less sense.

My Systems: i7 3770K Rig with GTX570  |  AMD FX-8350 CPU Folding Rig  |  AMD FX-8350 CPU Folding Rig  |  Dual Xeon 2.66GHz Mac Pro With GTX550Ti  |  i3 Laptop  |  Core2Duo Laptop   Atom Dual Core 1.6GHz Netbook  |  Atom Single core 1.6GHz Netbook

All running Linux. (Most running my own customization, "Longcat OS")  One HDD with Win7 on it just for games that won't run under WINE.
jlive
Superclocked Member
Re:Part Number Out 2013/02/04 23:58:51 (permalink)
This is why you shouldn't come to a forum where English is the primary language. Simple English goes right over your heads. smh If you do not work for the company, do not worry about it, keep your thoughts to yourselves. You're only confusing yourselves.
jlive
Superclocked Member
Re:Part Number Out 2013/02/05 07:00:25 (permalink)
fletchj

jlive

This is why you shouldn't come to a forum where English is the primary language. Simple English goes right over your heads. smh If you do not work for the company, do not worry about it, keep your thoughts to yourselves. You're only confusing yourselves.

If you don't want public input, don't bring your problems to a public forum... Keep them private between yourself and either phone support or support tickets.

Input implies you are adding something to the conversation, all three of the last posters besides me have added 0 to the conversation including you. Don't like it? Get out then, you aren't inputting anything of value whatsoever. Got it, good, now bounce. And, I wouldn't even be in here had they responded to my requests through e-mail in a timely manner, 3-4 business days isn't good. smh
post edited by jlive - 2013/02/05 07:05:26
zildjian75
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1261
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:Part Number Out 2013/02/05 07:09:58 (permalink)
if you read this thread from the beginning, it is hilarious!!!  A GT240?  please!  get over it...  It's an inexpensive (weak) card, out of warranty.  You are going back and forth, and giving yourself on ulcer over a $20 video...  It's hardly even considered a video card at this point!

Sorry Bro...  Move on with life...  EVGA has gone (and continues to go) above and beyond for you...  Have fun playing Angry birds with that video card...  LOL...

"The wise know their weakness too well to assume infallibility; and he who knows most, knows best how little he knows."   Thomas Jefferson

RIG#1 (Home) - i7 4790k @ 4.4ghz w/ CM V8 GTS - EVGA Z97 Classified - Win10 64bit - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) @ 2133mhz - 2 x EVGA GTX 980SC in SLI - Corsair AX850 - 250GB Samsung Evo (main) - 500GB Samsung Evo (games) - 1TB WD Black (misc) - Aerocool Strike-X (Cheesy... But effective!)

jlive
Superclocked Member
Re:Part Number Out 2013/02/05 07:58:52 (permalink)
zildjian75

if you read this thread from the beginning, it is hilarious!!!  A GT240?  please!  get over it...  It's an inexpensive (weak) card, out of warranty.  You are going back and forth, and giving yourself on ulcer over a $20 video...  It's hardly even considered a video card at this point!

Sorry Bro...  Move on with life...  EVGA has gone (and continues to go) above and beyond for you...  Have fun playing Angry birds with that video card...  LOL...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhutoTi8AxQ

You're right, I have such a hard time playing high quality graphically intense games. /sarcasm Oh poor guy, spent all that money for your card and thought that made you special. Nope. ahahahhaahahah
jlive
Superclocked Member
Re:Part Number Out 2013/02/05 08:01:58 (permalink)
fletchj

jlive

fletchj

jlive

If you don't want public input, don't bring your problems to a public forum... Keep them private between yourself and either phone support or support tickets.

Input implies you are adding something to the conversation, all three of the last posters besides me have added 0 to the conversation including you. Don't like it? Get out then, you aren't inputting anything of value whatsoever. Got it, good, now bounce. And, I wouldn't even be in here had they responded to my requests through e-mail in a timely manner, 3-4 business days isn't good. smh

That's because of the tone of your posts and your refusal to listen to anything other than what you want to hear.  All your posts consist of "I want, give me, give me, give me" for your low end $20 graphics card which is out of warranty anyways.

Also given that the last card you sent back worked just fine, the problem clearly isn't the card...But you don't want to hear that either.

EVGA will oil the squeaky wheel again.

Sure, when the fan stops spinning the card is perfectly fine. /sarcasm There you go again with input of no value. They testing is of poor quality, evident by the fact they said the card tested fine, a lie, damage control. EVGA you ban me but let random users troll me endlessly, what gives? Why don't you hold everyone to the same standard?
fxdrake84
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 484
Re:Part Number Out 2013/02/05 08:14:01 (permalink)
jlive
Sure, when the fan stops spinning the card is perfectly fine. /sarcasm There you go again with input of no value. They testing is of poor quality, evident by the fact they said the card tested fine, a lie, damage control. EVGA you ban me but let random users troll me endlessly, what gives? Why don't you hold everyone to the same standard?

At this point, you only want to talk to EVGA, so why not take it up in private, which is valid input.

This thread should be close as it turned into a bait and attack thread between users. As the OP doesn't want to listen and dropping flamebait for people at attack him with.

You were probably ban for spamming non-sense across multiple forums. The others are only responding to you.

EVGA Z68 SLI R22 BIOS
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.5 GHz 1.38v    
Corsair Hydro Series H100i Water Cooler
SLI MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 
G.Skill Sniper 16GB DDR3 1866
OCZ ZX Series 1000w PSU
Fractal Design Define R5
Samsung UN55D6000
jlive
Superclocked Member
Re:Part Number Out 2013/02/05 08:22:54 (permalink)
fxdrake84

jlive

At this point, you only want to talk to EVGA, so why not take it up in private, which is valid input.

This thread should be close as it turned into a bait and attack thread between users. As the OP doesn't want to listen and dropping flamebait for people at attack him with.

You were probably ban for spamming non-sense across multiple forums. The others are only responding to you.

No, insulting my graphics card and EVGA in the process is not simply responding to me. I have asked no one a question on here other than tech support. smh They are trolling, simple as that.
Cornholio_OH
  • Total Posts : 18
Re:Part Number Out 2013/02/05 10:02:10 (permalink)
Are you by any chance running EVGA Precision X and HWMonitor together (or some other temperature monitoring program like SpeedFan)? 

When I first got my GTX 480's, I was running Precision and HWMonitor at the same time, which would cause the fan to stop spinning and set the temperature alarm off.  There was a conflict with both programs trying to pull data from the same source.  I stopped using HWMonitor and I have not had any problems since. 

Intel Core i7 960 3.2 GHz (OC 3.6 GHz) 
Asus P6T Deluxe V2 
EVGA GTX 480 (2X SLI) 
Mushkin DDR3 12800 Blackline 6GB (3x2) RAM
Seasonic X-1250
Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty XtremeGamer Pro
Zalman CNPS9900Max
Antec 900

zildjian75
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1261
Re:Part Number Out 2013/02/05 10:44:16 (permalink)
jlive
I don't have any money to RMA the card right now, can you send me a shipping label with postage on it or something of that nature?

You don't have $10 to ship that card???  But you run your mouth on here like you are Tony Saprano?? Please...  You can't even back up your threats...   LOL!!!

Hopefully EVGA will ignore you from here forward!!!  You're FIRED!!!!

"The wise know their weakness too well to assume infallibility; and he who knows most, knows best how little he knows."   Thomas Jefferson

RIG#1 (Home) - i7 4790k @ 4.4ghz w/ CM V8 GTS - EVGA Z97 Classified - Win10 64bit - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) @ 2133mhz - 2 x EVGA GTX 980SC in SLI - Corsair AX850 - 250GB Samsung Evo (main) - 500GB Samsung Evo (games) - 1TB WD Black (misc) - Aerocool Strike-X (Cheesy... But effective!)

jlive
Superclocked Member
Re:Part Number Out 2013/02/05 13:02:02 (permalink)
zildjian75

jlive
I don't have any money to RMA the card right now, can you send me a shipping label with postage on it or something of that nature?

You don't have $10 to ship that card???  But you run your mouth on here like you are Tony Saprano?? Please...  You can't even back up your threats...   LOL!!!

Hopefully EVGA will ignore you from here forward!!!  You're FIRED!!!!

It's more or less like I refuse to spend 15-20, FOR THE THIRD FREAKING TIME, don't know where you live it only costs 10 to ship a card, get insurance, etc... smh What threats? You mean the promise I won't buy another one of their cards if it's not resolved within reason to my satisfaction? lmfao Nice way to let your brain take a crap on itself, obviously I'm not a wasteful spender, thus a lot of thought goes into which card I will buy and from who. Customer service of a company factors into that. Don't worry about my finances though, come April I will have thousands of dollars to spend freely, not that I'd spend more than 4-5 on a card. smh Thank god we live in the age of the internet were social media is free and readily available to all who live in free countries. But hey, any press is good press, right? lmao

PS Carl sucks, Master Shake is the HNIC.
post edited by jlive - 2013/02/05 13:29:42
jlive
Superclocked Member
Re:Part Number Out 2013/02/05 13:04:10 (permalink)
Cornholio_OH

Are you by any chance running EVGA Precision X and HWMonitor together (or some other temperature monitoring program like SpeedFan)? 

When I first got my GTX 480's, I was running Precision and HWMonitor at the same time, which would cause the fan to stop spinning and set the temperature alarm off.  There was a conflict with both programs trying to pull data from the same source.  I stopped using HWMonitor and I have not had any problems since. 

No, thanks for the useful suggestion though. I just use MSI Afterburner since I didn't see an option for fan curve control in precision I stopped using it shortly after installing it.
EVGA_RobB
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 2891
  • Ribbons : 5
Re:Part Number Out 2013/02/05 13:59:08 (permalink)
jlive,

Please provide a working phone number where our customer service manager can reach you to try resolve this issue.  Please email the number to Chris at chrisb@evga.com.

Thank You,
Rob

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile