Hot!*OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin

Page: << < ..3132333435.. > >> Showing page 31 of 61
Author
fragility_V1
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 940
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/16 22:33:06 (permalink)
Nereus

A note for anyone who missed it on the stream yesterday - I asked if EVGA will be releasing new PSUs with the 16 pin power connector and Jacob confirmed they are coming. No ETA provided though.

My guess is that they will be 1000W+ models (maybe an 850W too?) and likely P2 or T2 level.. again, that is just me speculating. If the 16 pin is going to be common with all graphics cards going forward, then all PSUs will follow suit most likely.

I'm actually surprised he said anything.  Usually pretty tight lipped.  Though pretty ambiguous on the exact implementation and not like it's really a surprise they would.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/17 10:39:28 (permalink)
fragility_V1
Nereus
A note for anyone who missed it on the stream yesterday - I asked if EVGA will be releasing new PSUs with the 16 pin power connector and Jacob confirmed they are coming. No ETA provided though.

My guess is that they will be 1000W+ models (maybe an 850W too?) and likely P2 or T2 level.. again, that is just me speculating. If the 16 pin is going to be common with all graphics cards going forward, then all PSUs will follow suit most likely.

I'm actually surprised he said anything.  Usually pretty tight lipped.  Though pretty ambiguous on the exact implementation and not like it's really a surprise they would.

True. I'll be grabbing one for sure - so much better for cable management too, just as long as they don't burst into flames or anything... O.o

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

tresnugget
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 570
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/17 11:08:09 (permalink)
Nereus
fragility_V1
Nereus

True. I'll be grabbing one for sure - so much better for cable management too, just as long as they don't burst into flames or anything... O.o

Same. I could use a new PSU for another build and have been waiting on these before buying one and swapping them around. Asus has a 1600w Titanium Thor as well but it only has 1 16 pin. Hopefully the EVGA has 2.

My associates code is O1RWT3TOQ5NNXP8 if you wanna help !e get my EVGA score up :)
bavor
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 994
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/18 08:10:58 (permalink)
rzelek506
Nereus
bavor
rzelek506
But maybe there is any hope that Optimus will help make a 3090ti Kingpin block??

If they do, you'll likely see it shipped in 2023.

..and Bavor's not joking, unfortunately.

I've sent an inquiry to EKWB to see if they are planning to make a block - I asked specifically about two models:
  • EVGA RTX 3090 Ti K|NGP|N HYBRID 24G-P5-4998-KR (since at this point there does not to appear to be any other KP model besides the hybrid)
  • EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA 24G-P5-4985-KR
If I get a response, I'll post it on this thread.

I thought the main reason for the delay with the Optimus KPE block was because of the complexity and technical challenges they had with making it both a fully-covered and double-sided block.

Other waterblocks companies can do it in a month or two, but Optimus takes 9+ months to do it and still messes it up?  The mistakes they made with the KP 3090 blocks make Optimus look like a company that never designed a GPU waterblock before.

rzelek506
I thought I remember them mentioning some special spacing and tolerance issues, then they had to order some special material to correct those issues, which caused some of the delays.

Nope, just more BS on their end as an excuse.  They didn't do proper engineering, design, and testing in the first place.  Optimus implied that all the engineering and design work was done when they opened preorders, however their updates and excuses for delays showed that it wasn't actually finalized when they opened preorders.

rzelek506
Since a 3090ti Kingpin block wouldn't need to be double-sided, maybe they will be able to make a single-sided version faster than they did the 3090 Kingpin block?

Probably not because they usually take forever to make single sided blocks.

rzelek506 
Or, has Optimus always taken forever to make blocks?
Did it take them a long time to make the FTW3 block? I haven't been following them long enough to know.

Optimus has a multi year history, long before the pandemic and parts/materials shortage issues time frame, of continuously missing deadlines, repeated delays, excuses, more excuses, and saying things are in stock when they aren't.  They also have a history of poor communication and poor customer service.

Optimus's 2080 ti waterblocks kept getting delayed and weren't ready until long after the RTX 3000 series card release.  Optimus kept delaying their Threadripper CPU blocks and those were about 5 to 6 months late if I have the original scheduled shipping dates and the actual shipping dates correct.  Optimus obviously had many delays with the 3090 Kingpin blocks.  The original ship date for the KP 3090 blocks was the first week of September 2021.  A few blocks shipped in December, and most first day preorders didn't ship until 2022.  On multiple occasions, I've had Optimus customer service ignore my request for an update on my order after ordering an "in stock" item and having it not ship for several weeks.  I've ordered CPU blocks from Optimus after confirming that they are in stock and ready to ship and not received the CPU blocks for 3 months because I was lied to.  The first time I thought it was just a delay in their inventory system, but the second time it happened, I knew it was normal practice to mislead customers about in stock inventory.  Based on my previous experience, with Optimus, "In Stock" for Optimus means they either have the materials to build it in house or have the materials on order.

Some people say I'm too hard on Optimus, but I'm just sick of their excuses, BS, poor customer service, and lies.  I really want to see them improve, but it doesn't seem that its a priority.
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6681
  • Ribbons : 27
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/18 08:16:56 (permalink)
bavor
rzelek506
Nereus
bavor
rzelek506
But maybe there is any hope that Optimus will help make a 3090ti Kingpin block??

I've sent an inquiry to EKWB to see if they are planning to make a block - I asked specifically about two models:
  • EVGA RTX 3090 Ti K|NGP|N HYBRID 24G-P5-4998-KR (since at this point there does not to appear to be any other KP model besides the hybrid)

I thought the main reason for the delay with the Optimus KPE block was because of the complexity and technical challenges they had with making it both a fully-covered and double-sided block.

Other waterblocks companies can do it in a month or two, but Optimus takes 9+ months to do it and still messes it up?  The mistakes they made with the KP 3090 blocks make Optimus look like a company that never designed a GPU waterblock before.

rzelek506
I thought I remember them mentioning some special spacing and tolerance issues, then they had to order some special material to correct those issues, which caused some of the delays.

Nope, just more BS on their end as an excuse.  They didn't do proper engineering, design, and testing in the first place.  Optimus implied that all the engineering and design work was done when they opened preorders, however their updates and excuses for delays showed that it wasn't actually finalized when they opened preorders.

rzelek506
Since a 3090ti Kingpin block wouldn't need to be double-sided, maybe they will be able to make a single-sided version faster than they did the 3090 Kingpin block?

rzelek506 
Did it take them a long time to make the FTW3 block? I haven't been following them long enough to know.

Optimus has a multi year history, long before the pandemic and parts/materials shortage issues time frame, of continuously missing deadlines, repeated delays, excuses, more excuses, and saying things are in stock when they aren't.  They also have a history of poor communication and poor customer service.

Optimus's 2080 ti waterblocks kept getting delayed and weren't ready until long after the RTX 3000 series card release.  Optimus kept delaying their Threadripper CPU blocks and those were about 5 to 6 months late if I have the original scheduled shipping dates and the actual shipping dates correct.  Optimus obviously had many delays with the 3090 Kingpin blocks.  The original ship date for the KP 3090 blocks was the first week of September 2021.  A few blocks shipped in December, and most first day preorders didn't ship until 2022.  On multiple occasions, I've had Optimus customer service ignore my request for an update on my order after ordering an "in stock" item and having it not ship for several weeks.  I've ordered CPU blocks from Optimus after confirming that they are in stock and ready to ship and not received the CPU blocks for 3 months because I was lied to.  The first time I thought it was just a delay in their inventory system, but the second time it happened, I knew it was normal practice to mislead customers about in stock inventory.  Based on my previous experience, with Optimus, "In Stock" for Optimus means they either have the materials to build it in house or have the materials on order.

Some people say I'm too hard on Optimus, but I'm just sick of their excuses, BS, poor customer service, and lies.  I really want to see them improve, but it doesn't seem that its a priority.

Yeah sound like they need to go on Shark Tank and beg for money to expand their factory to up their game to pump out blocks like EK.

I know I'd never wait around 6+ months for a wb.

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
bigredx86
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 128
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/18 08:38:26 (permalink)
zippytek
https://www.facebook.com/100065820211180/posts/317721880431817/

This is the post where he’s finished lapping it

Thanks for posting this, I read half of it, had to walk away and of course FB app on iphone is like "Oh, I refreshed for you, so you'll never get to see that again, I promise."  Lets design an algorithm that never shows them what they already read ever, thanks, lol.

Get up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases if you use my associate code at checkout: RYZ7UG4K0FZZ0CU
zippytek
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1185
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/18 08:56:55 (permalink)
bigredx86
zippytek

Thanks for posting this, I read half of it, had to walk away and of course FB app on iphone is like "Oh, I refreshed for you, so you'll never get to see that again, I promise."  Lets design an algorithm that never shows them what they already read ever, thanks, lol.

just go right to the source :)

https://youtu.be/yOmmJp41fmw

can't wait to get my hands on this card, looks mint
rzelek506
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 303
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/18 21:43:35 (permalink)
bavor
rzelek506
Nereus
bavor
rzelek506

rzelek506

rzelek506

rzelek506 

Yikes  
Those are some very good points, I didn't know all of that.
I guess we just gotta hope EVGA comes out with an HC block for the 3090ti Kingpin, since Optimus and EK don't seem to be interested in making one.

It's gonna be pretty funny if the 4090 Kingpin PCB turns out to be the same PCB as the 3090ti Kingpin PCB.
That would have given Optimus at least 7-8 months to prepare a block for it, but instead they dug themselves in a pretty deep hole after all the delays they've had during the 3090 Kingpin block development/production.
post edited by rzelek506 - 2022/04/18 21:47:27

PCPartPicker - https://pcpartpicker.com/b/KmV7YJ
Corsair 5000D Airflow | Intel i7-11700k | EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | GIGABYTE Z590 Vision D | 64GB Crucial DDR4-3600 | Samsung 980 PRO 1TB M.2 PCIe 4.0 | Kingston NV1 2TB M.2 PCIe 3.0 | Crucial P5 2TB M.2 PCIe 3.0 | EVGA 1600W T2
DiaBlox666
  • Total Posts : 42
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/19 05:43:00 (permalink)
Has anyone received a 3090 ti Kingpin yet?
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/19 05:51:10 (permalink)
DiaBlox666

Nope. There's not even a price for it yet.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

zippytek
FTW Member
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/19 07:23:01 (permalink)
DiaBlox666

yes, it's in the post above^^

enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/19 08:13:55 (permalink)
DiaBlox666

Vince got a few.

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

redteamgo
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 798
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/19 14:43:04 (permalink)
zippytek
bigredx86
zippytek

just go right to the source :)

thanks for the link, I wouldn't have seen that otherwise, it does look sweet.

i know there was already a big dialog about this but I am still guffawing a bit at having six 8 pin PCIE cables per card until PSUs catch up

CPU:     Intel 12900K EK 1700 Quantum Mag Acetel
GPU:     EVGA 3090 KPHC
MB:      EVGA Z690 Dark
PSU:     EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P+
Memory:  G.SKILL Z5 6600mhz XMP3
NVME:    Samsung 980 Pro Gen 4 1TB, Gen 3 970 1TB
Cooling: MO-RA3 420 P/P 8x200mm Noctua HS PWM, Dual D5
Case:    Fractal Design Define 7

MOD Rigs!!!
bavor
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 994
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/20 22:16:04 (permalink)
I noticed something about the Port Royal Hall of Fame...

Its almost all EVGA cards at the top.  16 of the top 20 are EVGA.
rjbarker
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3214
  • Ribbons : 21
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/20 22:43:29 (permalink)
rzelek506
bavor
rzelek506
Nereus
bavor
rzelek506

rzelek506

rzelek506

rzelek506 

Yikes  
Those are some very good points, I didn't know all of that.
I guess we just gotta hope EVGA comes out with an HC block for the 3090ti Kingpin, since Optimus and EK don't seem to be interested in making one.

It's gonna be pretty funny if the 4090 Kingpin PCB turns out to be the same PCB as the 3090ti Kingpin PCB.
That would have given Optimus at least 7-8 months to prepare a block for it, but instead they dug themselves in a pretty deep hole after all the delays they've had during the 3090 Kingpin block development/production.

I have been dealing with EK since 2014....their Customer Service has always been A +1 .....quick to reply to any emails and follow up emails....always prompt to let me know if their is any delay shipping due to last minute product stock changes....
...I find their cs to be on par or better than Evga...I only say "better" as I dont order many items at all direct from Evga...not many really vs EK...
To date I have never had any issues with their products (and have had so many blocks...gpu and cpu, as well as terminal blocks (SLi and Tri SLi)....

However I dont think they have ever released a kp Block.....Titans yes...but no kp unfortunately, otherwise Id likely be on the kp bandwagon as well ;)

I know there are some that have had lesser experiences but I know how things have gone for myself...and so far good.
My next Block to replace this Vector will be the 4080Ti Vector 2 ;)

I9 12900K EK Velocity2 / ROG Z690 Apex/ 32G Dominator DDR5 6000/ Evga RTX 3080Ti FTW3  EK Vector / 980 Pro 512G / 980 Pro 1TB/ Samsung 860 Pro 500G/ WD 4TB Red / AX 1600i /  Corsair 900D & XSPC 480 * 360 * 240 Rads   XSPC Photon 170 Rez-Vario Pump Combo - Alienware 3440*1440p 120Hz/ W11

zippytek
FTW Member
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/21 06:07:25 (permalink)
back at it again...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcnBYSOrg9e/

tresnugget
SSC Member
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/22 18:02:39 (permalink)
zippytek
back at it again...

"Not much longer"

Keeping hope alive

My associates code is O1RWT3TOQ5NNXP8 if you wanna help !e get my EVGA score up :)
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/22 18:09:36 (permalink)
zippytek
back at it again...

..and quite the cable management challenge too.. lol.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/22 18:12:16 (permalink)

If anyone missed it, new XOC BIOS update for 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA is up.. (24G-P5-4985-KR)

https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-GeForce-30-Series-HYBRIDXOCDefault-BIOS-Thread-m3407542.aspx

tresnugget
SSC Member
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/22 18:36:00 (permalink)
Nereus
zippytek
back at it again...

I've already got a couple of 3x 8 pin to 12 pin cables on the way from cablemod

zippytek
FTW Member
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/22 18:45:32 (permalink)
tresnugget
Nereus
zippytek
back at it again...

Link? Don’t see them on their site
tresnugget
SSC Member
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/22 19:27:23 (permalink)
zippytek
tresnugget
Nereus
zippytek
back at it again...

Link? Don’t see them on their site

You have to custom order in the configurator
Also, iirc they're pro cable only

fragility_V1
SSC Member
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/04/22 19:46:20 (permalink)
tresnugget
zippytek
back at it again...

"Not much longer"

Keeping hope alive

Gonna have to start buggin' Jacob about the final decision on the waterblock.  That'll make the difference if I get the card.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/05/04 16:32:28 (permalink)
zippytek

Wished when you opened up the KP retail box, this music started playing.  

Looks amazing nonetheless.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
zippytek
FTW Member
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/05/04 18:15:59 (permalink)
I was watching a playlist of some of his videos and my wife asked what I was watching. I explained the context to her and all she said was “great music”
evgaguest02145
  • Total Posts : 44
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/05/05 01:44:31 (permalink)
zippytek
I was watching a playlist of some of his videos and my wife asked what I was watching. I explained the context to her and all she said was “great music”

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/05/05 20:25:52 (permalink)
zippytek

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
zippytek
FTW Member
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/05/06 07:57:10 (permalink)

L
F
Gooooooooooooooo
fragility_V1
SSC Member
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/05/06 07:58:34 (permalink)
zippytek

L
F
Gooooooooooooooo

Soon™
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6681
  • Ribbons : 27
Re: *OFFICIAL* EVGA RTX 3090 Ti / 3090 Kingpin 2022/05/06 08:02:30 (permalink)
I think the majority want to see brass actually..

If they make 10k cards they should have 9800 water blocks made!

Anything less would be uncivilized.

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
Page: << < ..3132333435.. > >> Showing page 31 of 61
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile