EVGA

Helpful ReplyMotherboard denied Bent Pins

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
pbniel
  • Total Posts : 96
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Motherboard denied Bent Pins 2018/08/29 05:15:22 (permalink)
This is very bad for EVGA.
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21202
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Motherboard denied Bent Pins 2018/08/29 07:11:13 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby fiero2 2018/09/02 17:14:04
pbniel
This is very bad for EVGA.

Unfortunately, it has become quite common for EVGA to behave this way. Other manufacturers with poor warranty have taken a step forward while EVGA has taken a step backward. There is little left to differentiate themselves when it comes to warranty support. And then, with EVGA's historically rubbish software, rubbish firmware, broken features, and products which don't live up to their advertising, I would recommend thinking long and hard about other manufacturers. Recent EVGA failures: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 power limit bug which cannot be fixed by any official firmware, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 defective Hybrid kits killing cards, SC17 laptops battery drain, SC15 laptops battery drain, SC15 laptops SATA3 support problem, EVGA Precision X a complete disaster since the dawn of time, EVGA Precision Mobile a half disaster for many users with little support from EVGA, EVGA voiding warranties on customer's newly recieved B-stock or RMA-received products due to cosmetic blemishes which came straight from EVGA warehouses even though EVGA admits that B-stock and RMA replacements may be received with cosmetic blemishes and even though EVGA admits that the cosmetic blemishes had nothing to do with why the video card failed, EVGA 900 series video cards burning up in mass quantities shortly after their warranties expired, .... I am sure there is many more complaints to report on the motherboard side of things, but I gave up even looking or caring about EVGA motherboards long ago after suffering enough with buggy EVGA motherboards.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2018/08/29 07:22:38

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

fiero2
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Motherboard denied Bent Pins 2018/08/29 08:40:15 (permalink)
@Ty_ger07, I think you have summed it up best.  How is EVGA differentiating itself as a company from its competitors?  While everyone has taken a step forward, EVGA has taken a huge step back.  The products are not better (and in a lot of cases, worse) at similar price points.  I was an ASUS ROG advocate until EVGA told me that I can get a 10 year warranty (which I purchased).  It did not dawn on me that I would not be able to use the warranty.

I have purchased a replacement motherboard (ROG Strix z270E) which was at the same price point as the Classified K but with no issues (EVER) on warranty.  I had owned from them the Extreme III, IV, and VIII.  I had the VIII and III fixed with out issues (even one had the seat broken on the SLI slot).  They even paid for return shipping.  I hope EVGA is watching this thread.
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Motherboard denied Bent Pins 2018/08/29 14:10:39 (permalink)
fiero2
@Ty_ger07, I think you have summed it up best.  How is EVGA differentiating itself as a company from its competitors?  While everyone has taken a step forward, EVGA has taken a huge step back.  The products are not better (and in a lot of cases, worse) at similar price points.  I was an ASUS ROG advocate until EVGA told me that I can get a 10 year warranty (which I purchased).  It did not dawn on me that I would not be able to use the warranty.

I have purchased a replacement motherboard (ROG Strix z270E) which was at the same price point as the Classified K but with no issues (EVER) on warranty.  I had owned from them the Extreme III, IV, and VIII.  I had the VIII and III fixed with out issues (even one had the seat broken on the SLI slot).  They even paid for return shipping.  I hope EVGA is watching this thread.

Welcome to the republic.

ASUS ROG Z270 Hero owner here. 

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile