EVGA

KB5041582 fixes memory leaks impacting the Input Method Editor (IME) and Bluetooth devices

Author
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30693
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 123
2024/08/30 06:06:17 (permalink)

Windows 10 KB5041582 update released with 5 changes and fixes

(excerpts)

​Microsoft has released the August 2024 preview update for Windows 10, version 22H2, with fixes for issues causing system freezes and memory leaks.
Today's KB5041582 optional cumulative update is a maintenance release that enables Windows administrators to test fixes and improvements and ensure a more reliable experience for end users when rolling out security updates via the mandatory September 2024 Patch Tuesday update cycle.

- maintenance release that enables Windows administrators to test fixes and improvements and ensure a more reliable experience for end users when rolling out security updates via the mandatory September 2024 Patch Tuesday update cycle.

KB5041582 fixes memory leaks impacting the Input Method Editor (IME) and Bluetooth devices, issues causing system freezes and preventing restarts, and also brings Country and Operator Settings Asset (COSA) profiles up to date for some mobile operators.

More highlights in Windows 10 KB5041582

Once installed, this preview release will update Windows 10 22H2 systems to build 19045.4842.
The complete list of fixes and changes in this month's non-security preview update includes the following:
  • [Input Method Editor (IME)] When a combo box has input focus, a memory leak might occur when you close that window
  • [Country and Operator Settings Asset] This update brings COSA profiles up to date for certain mobile operators.
  • [Bluetooth] An app stops responding because of a memory leak in a device.
  • [Bind Filter Driver] Your system might stop responding when it accesses symbolic links.
  • [Unified Write Filter (UWF) and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)] An SCCM task to re-enable UWF fails because of a deadlock in UWF. This stops the device from restarting when you expect it.
Systems running Windows 10 versions 2004, 20H2, 21H1, or 21H2 can be upgraded to Windows 10 version 22H2 using the KB5015684 enablement package. This package activates inactive Windows 10 22H2 features that are still dormant.

I hope this solves some of the Bluetooth issues in Windows

also this MS help link might come in handy --> Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 8876
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: KB5041582 fixes memory leaks impacting the Input Method Editor (IME) and Bluetooth dev 2024/08/30 06:29:39 (permalink)
I wonder if this might fix some of the Bluetooth or input device problems people have been having with mice and keyboards

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30693
  • Ribbons : 123
Re: KB5041582 fixes memory leaks impacting the Input Method Editor (IME) and Bluetooth dev 2024/08/30 06:33:37 (permalink)
Hoggle
I wonder if this might fix some of the Bluetooth or input device problems people have been having with mice and keyboards

I hope it helps, also posted over in this thread  ---> X20 wireless mouse that sucks as a wireless mouse

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile