Hot!X20 wireless mouse that sucks as a wireless mouse

Author
rangerscott
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 348
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2024/07/28 13:58:14 (permalink)
Holy hell does this device suck.   It's the one wireless mouse I've ever bought that just doesnt want to be wireless.   I get about 1 minute before it freezes, shake the hell out of it, then its back to work for 1 minute then back to freezing.  Works fine as a wired mouse.  

Thought Id take a chance on evga's peripherals and people weren't lying about how bad they were.  At lease I only paid $20 for it.

Z690 Dark
7900 XTX Nitro
32gb Trident z5 @ 6000
Corsair RM1000X psu

17 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30689
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: X20 wireless mouse that sucks as a wireless mouse 2024/07/29 06:58:50 (permalink)
    W10 or W11?

EVGA Unleash RGB Software v1.0.25.0 ?

What DPI setting have you tried?

Is the USB port used for the 2.4 GHz receiver, set to nevert go to sleep?

Is the receiver plugged directly into your PC MB, back panel? 

Have you tried several USB ports?

Does Windows really see the new hardware or driver --> Hold shift key down & select shutdown in Windows, Keep shift down until all power is off to MB - this clears Window's last good start file & makes Windows look for new hardware & drivers on restart

You can always RMA if under 3 year warranty

Please email EVGA directly at Support@EVGA.com so EVGA can help you to find a resolution. (make sure your product is registered first)

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

Andrii Ivanovich
    • Total Posts : 6
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: X20 wireless mouse that sucks as a wireless mouse 2024/08/02 09:50:30 (permalink)
    My mouse, which I unpacked yesterday, don’t want to connect wirelessly at all, in any way. Works only on wire. The backlight doesn't work either.
    A little disappointed with the purchase.
    post edited by Andrii Ivanovich - 2024/08/02 10:01:33
    bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10467
    • Ribbons : 116
    Re: X20 wireless mouse that sucks as a wireless mouse 2024/08/03 08:39:04 (permalink)
    Andrii Ivanovich
    My mouse, which I unpacked yesterday, don’t want to connect wirelessly at all, in any way. Works only on wire. The backlight doesn't work either.
    A little disappointed with the purchase.

Did you plug the USB wireless dongle in your PC?  Is there a battery in the mouse?  Did you connect the USB charging cable from the mouse to the PC to charge the battery?  Did you put the wirelsee selector switch in the 2.4GHz connection? You didn't give any mouse details like which one you have, but I'll assume since you're posting in someone's X20 mouse thread, it's what you have.

https://www.evga.com/support/manuals/files/X20_Quick_Guide.pdf

Andrii Ivanovich
    Re: X20 wireless mouse that sucks as a wireless mouse 2024/08/05 02:57:39 (permalink)
    bdary

Did you plug the USB wireless dongle in your PC?  

Yes, sure.

bdary
       Is there a battery in the mouse? 

If it was installed in production, then it is there.

bdary
       Did you put the wirelsee selector switch in the 2.4GHz connection? You didn't give any mouse details like which one you have, but I'll assume since you're posting in someone's X20 mouse thread, it's what you have.

Naturally, I performed all the operations.

I would like to note that the backlight started working yesterday. On the fourth day of use. I don't know how long this will last.

The wireless connection did not work.

Andrii Ivanovich
    Re: X20 wireless mouse that sucks as a wireless mouse 2024/08/05 03:11:06 (permalink)
    And yes, I forgot to mention, I really like the mouse. Comfortable, excellent response, excellent glide on the mat. Even if it doesn't work wirelessly, I won't change it.
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1858
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: X20 wireless mouse that sucks as a wireless mouse 2024/08/05 09:22:18 (permalink)
    Thank you for your positive feedback on the mouse.  I am sorry to hear that there is a wireless sync concern and I suggest to reference page 5 in the below linked manual for help with the wireless setup for this mouse.

https://www.evga.com/support/manuals/files/X20_Quick_Guide.pdf

The wireless is usually one of the easiest settings to configure, but you do need to ensure that the USB dongle is connected to the computer and that the mouse is set to the 2.4G side of the switch on it.

Please contact our Support at Support@EVGA.com if you do need further assistance.

Andrii Ivanovich
    bdary

Did you plug the USB wireless dongle in your PC?  

Yes, sure.

bdary
       Is there a battery in the mouse? 

If it was installed in production, then it is there.

bdary
       Did you put the wirelsee selector switch in the 2.4GHz connection? You didn't give any mouse details like which one you have, but I'll assume since you're posting in someone's X20 mouse thread, it's what you have.

Naturally, I performed all the operations.

I would like to note that the backlight started working yesterday. On the fourth day of use. I don't know how long this will last.

The wireless connection did not work.

EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1858
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: X20 wireless mouse that sucks as a wireless mouse 2024/08/05 09:26:35 (permalink)
    Dear rangerscott,

I am sorry to hear that you are seeing the mouse stop functioning and it needs to be shaken to work again, as this is abnormal. 

Please contact us at Support@EVGA.com with the registered serial number for this mouse, as we are here to help you with exchanging this product through warranty for one that is working as intended.

rangerscott
    Holy hell does this device suck.   It's the one wireless mouse I've ever bought that just doesnt want to be wireless.   I get about 1 minute before it freezes, shake the hell out of it, then its back to work for 1 minute then back to freezing.  Works fine as a wired mouse.  

Thought Id take a chance on evga's peripherals and people weren't lying about how bad they were.  At lease I only paid $20 for it.

Andrii Ivanovich
    Re: X20 wireless mouse that sucks as a wireless mouse 2024/08/05 16:19:50 (permalink)
    EVGATech_ChrisB
     I am sorry to hear that there is a wireless sync concern and I suggest to reference page 5 in the below linked manual for help with the wireless setup for this mouse.

The whole point is that when you press the button to pair, the indicator does not light up. Neither in position 2.4, nor in Bluetooth position.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work properly.
    This is not my first wireless peripheral. I could connect it if it were in perfect order.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 8876
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: X20 wireless mouse that sucks as a wireless mouse 2024/08/05 17:06:38 (permalink)
    I have had no problems with it in the 2.4ghz or the Bluetooth. I do get better battery life it seems in Bluetooth but it does take it a few seconds to wake up in Bluetooth. 

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Andrii Ivanovich
    Re: X20 wireless mouse that sucks as a wireless mouse 2024/08/10 06:00:47 (permalink)
    Technical support and service are simply excellent. My respect. They contacted me and now I'm waiting for a new mouse instead of a non-working one.
    bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10467
    • Ribbons : 116
    Re: X20 wireless mouse that sucks as a wireless mouse 2024/08/10 07:48:30 (permalink)
    Andrii Ivanovich
    Technical support and service are simply excellent. My respect. They contacted me and now I'm waiting for a new mouse instead of a non-working one.

Good to hear. Thanks for the update.

rangerscott
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 348
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: X20 wireless mouse that sucks as a wireless mouse 2024/08/16 13:38:28 (permalink)
    Forgot about this post. I'll check the software version. Does it need to always be running in the background?

Z690 Dark
    7900 XTX Nitro
    32gb Trident z5 @ 6000
    Corsair RM1000X psu

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: X20 wireless mouse that sucks as a wireless mouse 2024/08/16 16:59:35 (permalink)
    rangerscott
    Forgot about this post. I'll check the software version. Does it need to always be running in the background?

After Unleashed is used to make sure that the firmware is up to date and any settings are changed that you want it does not need to be running in the background. If you do have a mouse and keyboard make sure to see the mouse since it seems to check for a firmware update only on the device that is shown in unleashed currently.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5875
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: X20 wireless mouse that sucks as a wireless mouse 2024/08/24 07:52:37 (permalink)
    The problem I have is that my new X20 works fine wireless (adapter in use), and wired, but bluetooth, while it works, doesn't get detected by the unleash software. No idea if it needs a firmware update or not.

The other two connection methods worked just fine (update included)..bluetooth? Not so much.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: X20 wireless mouse that sucks as a wireless mouse 2024/08/24 09:34:17 (permalink)
    transdogmifier
    The problem I have is that my new X20 works fine wireless (adapter in use), and wired, but bluetooth, while it works, doesn't get detected by the unleash software. No idea if it needs a firmware update or not.

The other two connection methods worked just fine (update included)..bluetooth? Not so much.

Is the Bluetooth adapter drivers updated? I personally went wireless with mine though since I find when in Bluetooth mode it takes it a moment to wake up when it goes to sleep even though it seems like battery life is better. It really depends on what you’re doing though as what the best option is.

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5875
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: X20 wireless mouse that sucks as a wireless mouse 2024/08/24 10:35:34 (permalink)
    Hoggle

Is the Bluetooth adapter drivers updated? I personally went wireless with mine though since I find when in Bluetooth mode it takes it a moment to wake up when it goes to sleep even though it seems like battery life is better. It really depends on what you’re doing though as what the best option is.

The driver is the most up to date I can find....It works in bluetooth mode, unleash just doesn't see the mouse

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30689
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: X20 wireless mouse that sucks as a wireless mouse 2024/08/30 05:51:06 (permalink)

Not sure if this will help the Bluetooth mouse driver issue

Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows

KB5041582 fixes memory leaks impacting the Input Method Editor (IME) and Bluetooth devices

Windows 10 KB5041582 update released with 5 changes and fixes

(excerpts)

​Microsoft has released the August 2024 preview update for Windows 10, version 22H2, with fixes for issues causing system freezes and memory leaks.
    Today's KB5041582 optional cumulative update is a maintenance release that enables Windows administrators to test fixes and improvements and ensure a more reliable experience for end users when rolling out security updates via the mandatory September 2024 Patch Tuesday update cycle.

- maintenance release that enables Windows administrators to test fixes and improvements and ensure a more reliable experience for end users when rolling out security updates via the mandatory September 2024 Patch Tuesday update cycle.

KB5041582 fixes memory leaks impacting the Input Method Editor (IME) and Bluetooth devices, issues causing system freezes and preventing restarts, and also brings Country and Operator Settings Asset (COSA) profiles up to date for some mobile operators.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile