EVGA

Intel Alder Lake-H CPUs up to Core i7-12700H are now available with desktop motherboards

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 83839
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 85
2023/03/26 03:15:56 (permalink)
https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-alder-lake-h-cpus-up-to-core-i7-12700h-are-now-available-with-desktop-motherboards

A company called Erying is now offering up to 14-core Intel Alder Lake CPU with their next-gen desktop motherboard series. This is a successor to a popular Core i7-11800H Tiger Lake platform that was announced one and half years ago. It came in many forms, including laptop, Mini-PC and later desktop motherboard form. Those CPUs were preinstalled (soldered) to the board and were compatible with existing desktop coolers.

Such systems are a good compromise between performance and price, but just like mobile CPUs, they are limited when it comes to upgrade options or PCIe lanes support for desktop graphics. However, such systems still offered similar expandability options, such as USB, SATA or even M.2 slots.

Unsurprisingly, we are seeing the 12th Gen Core-H series becoming available on such platforms right now. Just like with the 11th Gen core series, those designs are clearly lagging behind Intel’s scheduled mobile CPU series. Those Chinese companies are using older architecture which are now being replaced by something more capable, in this case, the 13th Gen Core-H SKUs.

The company claims up to 27.7% better single-threaded performance than the i7-11800H systems that these new platforms are replacing. The so-called ‘DIY Gaming Kit’s are equipped with CPUs like Core i7-12450H, i5-12500H, i5-12650H and i7-12700H. This means a range from 8 up to 14 cores and 45W base TDP with the potential to go up to 95W. There are Mini-ITX and Micro-ATX designs available. Price-wise, we are looking at $280 to $356 price range depending on the model.

Interesting to see companies trying to find ways to cut costs for the consumer and make profits for themselves. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile