Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2413
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 27
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/01/23 08:56:11 (permalink)
Bykski has returned my message asking what thermal pad thickness is used on the kingpin blocks, they said pretty much all of there gpu blocks use 1.2mm thickness pads. They can be found here https://www.bykski.us/collections/gpu-hardware/products/bykski-gpu-thermal-pads-4-pack

angel69a
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/01/25 01:04:15 (permalink)
Sparetimepc I see you Have a 2080ti KP kit for sell but I can’t check it out I have not hit the Requirements for this site. So if you are if you could leave another message on this that would be awesome
sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/01/25 02:29:02 (permalink)
angel69a
Sparetimepc I see you Have a 2080ti KP kit for sell but I can’t check it out I have not hit the Requirements for this site. So if you are if you could leave another message on this that would be awesome

What are you looking for for the Kingpin? 

angel69a
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/01/25 09:26:59 (permalink)
I am wanting to have the kingpin on a custom loop pretty much. Like everyone else I missed out on the kingpin water block for a custom loop
angel69a
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/01/25 10:21:59 (permalink)
On your EK water block kit for the kingpin that you have is that everything or do I still have to get other stuff for it different bracket or anything like that? Once again sorry I can’t reply to private messages or send messages yet.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/01/25 17:34:46 (permalink)
angel69a

Once again sorry I can’t reply to private messages or send messages yet.

This should help you get started.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
redarman
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 230
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/03 19:56:20 (permalink)
sparetimepc, it looks great. I'm also interested in seeing how this does in temps compared to the other die-only mod.
redarman
Superclocked Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/03 19:58:22 (permalink)
I can't send a PM yet but I was going to ask if your thing is still for sale; I saw your for-sale link somewhere but wasn't able to follow it.

Is the RGB system in your case all controlled centrally or RGB free for all? I have corsair iCUE controlling all the lighting in my case and am wondering how this bilsky block will fit in.

sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/04 05:56:39 (permalink)
redarman
I can't send a PM yet but I was going to ask if your thing is still for sale; I saw your for-sale link somewhere but wasn't able to follow it.

Is the RGB system in your case all controlled centrally or RGB free for all? I have corsair iCUE controlling all the lighting in my case and am wondering how this bilsky block will fit in.

I don't have any of the lighting in rgb synced right now, I'm still in benchmarking mode and when I'm in that mode my system is set up for ease of adding and removing parts, I don't even worry about the other stuff. What are you asking if I have for sale, the EK mod parts or the bykski block with notches and groove for the ln2 kit ?

redarman
Superclocked Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/05 13:28:30 (permalink)
I don't know exactly what you have for sale because I can't follow your link. Are you selling something? If so what are you selling?

If I keep my KP then I'm going to make a custom loop for it and I'm now trying to decide between the bykski block vs. the EK mod.

sparetimepc
redarman

I don't have any of the lighting in rgb synced right now, I'm still in benchmarking mode and when I'm in that mode my system is set up for ease of adding and removing parts, I don't even worry about the other stuff. What are you asking if I have for sale, the EK mod parts or the bykski block with notches and groove for the ln2 kit ?

sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/05 13:46:05 (permalink)
The bykski blocks are hard to get right now as well. I have ordered both of mine from eBay and it takes a couple weeks to get them.

https://rover.ebay.com/ro...k%2Fitm%2F113984112395

redarman
Superclocked Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/05 13:49:12 (permalink)
sparetimepc
The bykski blocks are hard to get right now as well. I have ordered both of mine from eBay and it takes a couple weeks to get them.

I've priced a kingpin bykski with 5v 3-pin RGB block shipped on aliexpress for $103 but the ETA is bad since it's shipping from China and Lunar New Year is extended. Meanwhile the EK-VGA Supremacy Universal block is still in-stock in some USA sites for ~$60. I've just received my LN2 kit from EVGA :)
sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/05 13:56:58 (permalink)
redarman
sparetimepc

I've priced a kingpin bykski with 5v 3-pin RGB block shipped on aliexpress for $103 but the ETA is bad since it's shipping from China and Lunar New Year is extended. Meanwhile the EK-VGA Supremacy Universal block is still in-stock in some USA sites for ~$60. I've just received my LN2 kit from EVGA :)

Well doing the EK supremacy mod is easy to do with the ln2 kit then, all you would need is the copper shim to go in the memory cold plate.

redarman
Superclocked Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/05 14:01:55 (permalink)
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc

Well doing the EK supremacy mod is easy to do with the ln2 kit then, all you would need is the copper shim to go in the memory cold plate.

I have some amateur dremel skills so I haven't ruled out the bykski due to ETA or plastic dremeling. I was hoping you would do some heat testing between your bykski and EK mod, though it seems they must be comparable.

Actually I ordered 0.8mm thickness 15mmx15mm copper pads from amazon. I went with 0.8mm thickness because it seemed like both you and the EK supermacy guy decided it was  better but the 15x15 area seems so small. Did I misread and order the incorrect size?
sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/05 14:11:28 (permalink)
redarman
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc

I have some amateur dremel skills so I haven't ruled out the bykski due to ETA or plastic dremeling. I was hoping you would do some heat testing between your bykski and EK mod, though it seems they must be comparable.

Actually I ordered 0.8mm thickness 15mmx15mm copper pads from amazon. I went with 0.8mm thickness because it seemed like both you and the EK supermacy guy decided it was  better but the 15x15 area seems so small. Did I misread and order the incorrect size?

Yeah the shim has to be like 40mm by 40mm or something like that. I have the material at home to make more, I might even have 1 more made already. I'll be home tomorrow and find out. As far as the EK supremacy guy, your probably talking about me, I had issues with my forum username and had a different username for a short period of time.

redarman
Superclocked Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/05 14:15:27 (permalink)
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc

Yeah the shim has to be like 40mm by 40mm or something like that. I have the material at home to make more, I might even have 1 more made already. I'll be home tomorrow and find out. As far as the EK supremacy guy, your probably talking about me, I had issues with my forum username and had a different username for a short period of time.

Am I losing my mind? I thought there was you doing the bykski and EK thermosphere and then a 2nd guy doing the EK supremacy block. I guess I need to reread the 3 threads I've bookmarked to review the copper pad dimension and contributors :P
sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/05 14:20:02 (permalink)
redarman
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc

Am I losing my mind? I thought there was you doing the bykski and EK thermosphere and then a 2nd guy doing the EK supremacy block. I guess I need to reread the 3 threads I've bookmarked to review the copper pad dimension and contributors :P

It was me who did the bykski block, and both the ek Thermosphere and supremacy block mods. Someone in there had asked me about the 15x15 copper as well and I told him no it wouldn't work. As I say i requested a username change from evga support and when they changed it that's when the forum name got messed up and it took them a couple weeks to get it fixed.

redarman
Superclocked Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/05 14:25:33 (permalink)
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc

It was me who did the bykski block, and both the ek Thermosphere and supremacy block mods. Someone in there had asked me about the 15x15 copper as well and I told him no it wouldn't work. As I say i requested a username change from evga support and when they changed it that's when the forum name got messed up and it took them a couple weeks to get it fixed.

You are THE altonadavid? By the way I've also received the amazon hardware kit you mentioned for the nuts required. I think I have everything required for the mod: nuts, wrong-sized thermal 0.8mm copper pad, plans to source bykski block or EK supremacy, EVGA LN2 kit, dremel, mx-4 paste though I guess I could go with your recommendation of TF8.
sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/05 14:28:27 (permalink)
Yes I am THE altonadavid/aka/sparetimepc
I had several of the copper shims but they sold pretty quick and I had to order more material to make more of them. But i looked and i do have 1 more of the shims here already cut. 
post edited by sparetimepc - 2020/02/06 06:02:15

sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/06 07:13:32 (permalink)
So if you buy this block here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081H6PHYP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 it comes with the block, plugs, 5V RGB/RBW light pre-installed, light controller,  thermal pads, 2 hose fittings,  screws and everything. 
If you buy this block  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bykski-N-EV2080TIKP-X-GPU-Block-for-EVGA-RTX2080Ti-KINGPIN/113984112395?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649   it comes with the block, pads and 2 plugs and mounting hardware  only. No RGB-RBW light or controller unit or hose fittings. It needs to be purchased separately but has the links within the listing for those items. 

redarman
Superclocked Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/06 16:04:46 (permalink)
Thanks, I already had that ebay block and the corresponding 20led RGB light strip in my cart. I hadn't thought about plugs and fittings but I guess I'd rather use my own anyway to make sure they aren't an eye-sore. This will be my first custom loop and I've bought corsair compression everything so I have straight, 45deg, and 90deg fittings ready to go as well as some plugs. I'm thinking about sprinkling in some 1/4 inline temp sensors as well as a science project; my corsair commander pro will have space for 3 more temp readings after I plug in the temp sensor from the pump/res.

What screws do I need? The set of nuts you recommended arrived today. As for light controller I don't want it since I already have a 3pin-to-corsair adapter ready to control those LED's. I'm assuming it will work fine.

One of the main reasons I would go with the bykski block is for the RGB. Yes, I'm serious. Was your bykski block RGB built-in? Does it seem like something you could easily reproduce if you have bought the bare block and RGB separately? That's what I would have to do if I went with the ebay link. But there's a seller on aliexpress selling the 5v 3-pin RGB version of the kingpin block for $103 shipped. Let's see if this link works -> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000414893213.html?spm=a2g0o.placeorder.0.0.f950321eLDYjGV&mp=1  -> www aliexpress com/item/4000414893213.html?spm=a2g0o.placeorder.0.0.f950321eLDYjGV&mp=1

As far as I can tell what I'm missing at this point is a water block (bykski, thermosphere, or supremacy) and a 0.8mm thick copper shim.

sparetimepc
So if you buy this block here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081H6PHYP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 it comes with the block, plugs, 5V RGB/RBW light pre-installed, light controller,  thermal pads, 2 hose fittings,  screws and everything. 
If you buy this block  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bykski-N-EV2080TIKP-X-GPU-Block-for-EVGA-RTX2080Ti-KINGPIN/113984112395?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649   it comes with the block, pads and 2 plugs and mounting hardware  only. No RGB-RBW light or controller unit or hose fittings. It needs to be purchased separately but has the links within the listing for those items. 

sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/06 16:24:05 (permalink)
If you get the bare block and need the RGB/RBW 5v you can get it at the bykski store in USA  Boise, ID   https://www.bykski.us/collections/rbw-lights/products/bykski-5v-water-block-led-rbw-strip-light-100mm-b-vclr-100x6rbw    It will come with the light and 2 mounting screws, the blocks are pre-drilled and threaded for the light strip.  If you are getting the bykski block you have no need for the copper shim now anyways. 

redarman
Superclocked Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/06 16:34:19 (permalink)
sparetimepc
If you get the bare block and need the RGB/RBW 5v you can get it at the bykski store in USA  Boise, ID   https://www.bykski.us/collections/rbw-lights/products/bykski-5v-water-block-led-rbw-strip-light-100mm-b-vclr-100x6rbw    It will come with the light and 2 mounting screws, the blocks are pre-drilled and threaded for the light strip.  If you are getting the bykski block you have no need for the copper shim now anyways. 

I haven't decided yet. But I do need thermal pads in any case as my 1.5mm thick arctic pads will be too thick. Did you add RGB to any of the EK blocks? I didn't think they had lights but some of your photos look like the blocks are lit.
sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/06 16:52:16 (permalink)
redarman
sparetimepc

I haven't decided yet. But I do need thermal pads in any case as my 1.5mm thick arctic pads will be too thick. Did you add RGB to any of the EK blocks? I didn't think they had lights but some of your photos look like the blocks are lit.

The ekwb thermosphere is pre-drilled with 2 holes for 3mm LED lights and the ekwb vga supremacy is pre-drilled with 2 holes for 5mm LED lights. The LED lights can be bought from the ekwb site as well that fit them. 

redarman
Superclocked Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/06 17:41:23 (permalink)
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc

The ekwb thermosphere is pre-drilled with 2 holes for 3mm LED lights and the ekwb vga supremacy is pre-drilled with 2 holes for 5mm LED lights. The LED lights can be bought from the ekwb site as well that fit them. 

Ew, just saw the EKWB light options. They're 12v single LED's not only is it an inconvenience to connect to my corsair system they're also just 1 color. I guess I could drill more holes and add my own 3mm or 5mm ARGH LED's but I would probably just run them without any lighting. Do you have more pictures of how your bykski LED's look?
sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/07 01:11:04 (permalink)
redarman
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc

Ew, just saw the EKWB light options. They're 12v single LED's not only is it an inconvenience to connect to my corsair system they're also just 1 color. I guess I could drill more holes and add my own 3mm or 5mm ARGH LED's but I would probably just run them without any lighting. Do you have more pictures of how your bykski LED's look?

Here is a few more pictures, don't think i can come up with anymore to show how it looks with the bykski block installed, LN2 Kit installed, and the RGB Lighting lit up is in an earlier set of photos in this thread.

post edited by sparetimepc - 2020/02/07 01:14:07

sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/07 09:56:40 (permalink)
i just did the notches on my 2nd bykski block, this time i went ahead and went all the way thru the block for the LN2 OLED  plug so the LN2 kit can be installed or removed without having to remove the block from the pcb. Will make it handier in case the OLED needs to be replaced in the future if it malfunctions. 

sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/07 14:15:15 (permalink)
i was able to start some testing with the bykski block today, never got around to doing the time spy extreme tests yet but i can get core clock 2340MHz (+265 in PX1) and the memory at 8400MHz  from start to finish in port royal now. I wasn't able to do this with the EKWB mods, the flow seems to be great with these bykski blocks though, when i start the test with liquid temp at -3C the liquid temp at end of the run is still -1C.  These scores have bettered my previous scores i had on the HOF, it got me up to #25 HOF for the Port Royal single card. 

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/pr/215666/pr/215631/pr/215592 
post edited by sparetimepc - 2020/02/08 02:12:40

Mcwrah
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 245
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/07 15:00:48 (permalink)
I have finally finished my build, in process of leak testing. Its nice to see its better than the mod and the original WB from the looks. Just hoping I didn't overtighten the fittings ETC lol, only used my hands to do it and still could go a bit more if I tried but that seems like too much. The oring seems to be squished and 3 hours of air leak testing resulted in 0 drop in pressure so I guess I am good to go.

Looking very promising. I wonder if you can push it even more with this block and your chiller. 

Also quite the idea with cutting it out fully so you can replace it/unplug it without needing to disassemble the card.
Just wish I could use the OLED and all like you but eh. Its VERY hard to get here aka buying from someone on ebay + really bad tax and customs issues.
post edited by Mcwrah - 2020/02/07 15:18:32
sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Installing the Bykski Block on the EVGA 2080ti Kingpin 2020/02/12 14:59:41 (permalink)
I now have 2 of my kingpins done with the bykski blocks notched and the LN2 Kits installed, also now have the bykski acrylic bridge linking them together, my bottom block isn't lit up yet still waiting on the adapter cable to hook it to the motherboard header. 

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile