Helpful ReplyImportant Update to the EVGA Bucks Program

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 6
Author
rbh5081
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 376
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/06 18:28:57 (permalink)
First it was the lifetime warranties, then ending folding@evga, now EVGA bucks. I probably missed a few other things.
I did appreciate them all, just hope they are not being destroyed by penny pinchers in management.

Stop being zombie's let's make a real change this year LIVE FREE my friends.
Chaos_21
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4524
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/06 19:47:59 (permalink)
rbh5081
First it was the lifetime warranties, then ending folding@evga, now EVGA bucks. I probably missed a few other things.
I did appreciate them all, just hope they are not being destroyed by penny pinchers in management.

Could be something new in the works....we shall see 

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Intel Core i9-12900K- EVGA 360 CLC Cooler-Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16GB 3200mhz-2TB  Solidigm P41 Plus M.2 SSD--Three 1TB 970 EVO SSD's-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA-Corsair HX1000i-Windows 11 64bit-Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Case.      
 Steam     Twitter: https://twitter.com/Chaos_21
 Use my associate code: JBGVM12HDYDJPIM to get 5%-10% discount on EVGA purchases.

slugbug
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2139
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/16 12:10:47 (permalink)
I had points left in my account from when I used to be on the folding team. It was nice to be able to convert them into PayPal cash, Got it last week.

MastaD
  • Total Posts : 47
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/16 12:30:59 (permalink)
Very upset and I think we all as a community should come together and request and extension.   just under a year ago I was finally credited for a 14 year old RMA.  since then there has been nothing available to buy that I would like or at a reasonable price.  I was really hoping to acquire a 4070/4080 this fall since they will be cheaper than the 3070 / 3080's.

Clan EVGA MastaDamage

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/17 06:19:33 (permalink)
MastaD
Very upset and I think we all as a community should come together and request and extension.   just under a year ago I was finally credited for a 14 year old RMA.  since then there has been nothing available to buy that I would like or at a reasonable price.  I was really hoping to acquire a 4070/4080 this fall since they will be cheaper than the 3070 / 3080's.

You can try to wait, but I don’t suggest waiting for the 40 series with there already talks of delays.
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21173
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/17 07:38:55 (permalink)
MastaD
Very upset and I think we all as a community should come together and request and extension.   just under a year ago I was finally credited for a 14 year old RMA.

So your credit will be cut in half if you cash out? I don't think that is acceptable. By lumping store credit in as regular bucks, it is unfair in some situations, in my opinion. If I were you, I would get on the phone with EVGA. In my opinion, there are some cases where EVGA should make an exception. If EVGA determined that they owed you X amount of money, you shouldn't accept X/2 on a later date, just because of the way EVGA decided to alter its policy.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/17 09:49:13 (permalink)
ty_ger07
MastaD
Very upset and I think we all as a community should come together and request and extension.   just under a year ago I was finally credited for a 14 year old RMA.

So your credit will be cut in half if you cash out? I don't think that is acceptable. By lumping store credit in as regular bucks, it is unfair in some situations, in my opinion. If I were you, I would get on the phone with EVGA. In my opinion, there are some cases where EVGA should make an exception. If EVGA determined that they owed you X amount of money, you shouldn't accept X/2 on a later date, just because of the way EVGA decided to alter its policy.

There was no alteration of policy. EVGA has always reserved the right to end the program at any time for any reason (or no reason). They didn't have to give notice, and they certainly didn't have to offer any cash back option. They've graciously given what was about 3 months notice to "use them or lose them", with an option to cash out (which I never would have expected), or donate them to charity. That is it. They've made it very clear when the cutoff date is, and that if you plan to cash out, you have to complete certain forms beforehand as required by Paypal, at least above a certain amount. If someone wants to wait and ends up missing out, that's on them.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10102
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/17 10:48:44 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
MastaD

You can try to wait, but I don’t suggest waiting for the 40 series with there already talks of delays.

I personally wouldn't wait since we all know within the first minute the 40 series will sell out while right now people are able to get a 30 series for about the original MSRP. With this promotion taking the tax forums being filled out I wouldn't wait for the last day. While the 40 series might be great to have I only expect it to be between 18-30% faster. I also expect an 18-30% price increase from the price we have today.
post edited by Hoggle - 2022/07/17 10:49:58

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/17 11:32:22 (permalink)
Nereus
ty_ger07
MastaD

There was no alteration of policy. EVGA has always reserved the right to end the program at any time for any reason (or no reason). They didn't have to give notice, and they certainly didn't have to offer any cash back option. They've graciously given what was about 3 months notice to "use them or lose them", with an option to cash out (which I never would have expected), or donate them to charity. That is it. They've made it very clear when the cutoff date is, and that if you plan to cash out, you have to complete certain forms beforehand as required by Paypal, at least above a certain amount. If someone wants to wait and ends up missing out, that's on them.

I'm talking about the situation quoted.

The user said that they finally had their warranty claim honored as store credit. But then all the sudden the store credit is worth half if they cash out.

I don't know the details, but if the credit is for a warranty claim, I don't think it is ever appropriate for EVGA to cut the value in half. Drop the credit to zero and then cut a check for the full value owed.

A warranty claim should always be full value, in my opinion.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2022/07/17 11:44:18

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/17 11:52:21 (permalink)
ty_ger07
Nereus
ty_ger07
MastaD

The user said that they finally had their warranty claim honored as store credit. But then all the sudden the store credit is worth half if they cash out.

I don't know the details, but if the credit is for a warranty claim, I don't think it is ever appropriate for EVGA to cut the value in half. Drop the credit to zero and then cut a check for the full value owed.

Warranty claims / RMA are almost always for replacement with equal or better product, not cash unless it's a refund within 30 days, and I've never heard of EVGA giving EVGA Bucks for a warranty claim. Never. I've also never heard of an RMA taking 14 years either, lol. I'm pretty sure we're not getting the full story here.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/17 12:12:18 (permalink)
ty_ger07

Unless EVGA or the original commenter or decide to comment with clarification, my take on what was said is that the commenter was was given this credit almost a year ago. They state, “I was finally credited for a 14 year old RMA.”

They still have time to purchase in stock items and use their “credit” as 100% to purchase an item.

As a matter of fact, read back and never did they state anything about cashing out, they mentioned an extension meaning they have had a year to buy something but what they want hasn’t been in stock, and the my want even longer. Only you have made the comment about cashing out, which seems strange, since that isn’t the original commenters words at all, but you have a lot of opinion about just that.

MastaD

ty_ger07
MastaD

As a matter of fact, it seems you are intentionally Changing the entire context of their post and even ignoring/removing portions. Which is a strange since you are putting up so a big fight for something that was never mentioned.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2022/07/17 12:18:35
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/17 14:06:08 (permalink)
Nereus
ty_ger07
Nereus
ty_ger07
MastaD

Warranty claims / RMA are almost always for replacement with equal or better product, not cash unless it's a refund within 30 days, and I've never heard of EVGA giving EVGA Bucks for a warranty claim. Never. I've also never heard of an RMA taking 14 years either, lol. I'm pretty sure we're not getting the full story here.

I agree that it is odd. But like I said, if it is true that the credit was given for a warranty claim, I would be on the phone asking how I can get the full amount now instead of needing to cash out at 1/2 the value or feel pressured to buy something that I am not currently interested in buying.

Either they are lying, or they are not. That's not for me to decide. I gave my opinion on what I would want if I were in that situation.

However odd, if EVGA decided that they owed this person money, they should owe the full amount, not cut the amount in half at some point.

the_Scarlet_one
As a matter of fact, it seems you are intentionally Changing the entire context of their post and even ignoring/removing portions. Which is a strange since you are putting up so a big fight for something that was never mentioned.

I disagree.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2022/07/17 14:12:27

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/17 22:09:51 (permalink)
ty_ger07
Nereus
ty_ger07
Nereus
ty_ger07
MastaD

I agree that it is odd. But like I said, if it is true that the credit was given for a warranty claim, I would be on the phone asking how I can get the full amount now instead of needing to cash out at 1/2 the value or feel pressured to buy something that I am not currently interested in buying.

Either they are lying, or they are not. That's not for me to decide. I gave my opinion on what I would want if I were in that situation.

However odd, if EVGA decided that they owed this person money, they should owe the full amount, not cut the amount in half at some point.

Yes true, IF (and that's a very big 'if') EVGA agreed to give this person store credit in the form of EVGA Bucks purely because he (or she) didn't want any of the products they were offering as replacement for an RMA item, then I'm sure EVGA would retain that full credit for him in some other form if he bothered to just ask them. 14 years for an RMA though??? Yeah nah.

Chaos_21
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/17 22:33:46 (permalink)
Nereus
ty_ger07
Nereus
ty_ger07
Nereus
ty_ger07
MastaD

Yes true, IF (and that's a very big 'if') EVGA agreed to give this person store credit in the form of EVGA Bucks purely because he (or she) didn't want any of the products they were offering as replacement for an RMA item, then I'm sure EVGA would retain that full credit for him in some other form if he bothered to just ask them. 14 years for an RMA though??? Yeah nah.

What I understand, you requested an RMA on an outdated 14-year-old product that was probably better off thrown in the trash.
I am sure EVGA followed the replacement warranty terms and issued store credit for a replacement.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Intel Core i9-12900K- EVGA 360 CLC Cooler-Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16GB 3200mhz-2TB  Solidigm P41 Plus M.2 SSD--Three 1TB 970 EVO SSD's-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA-Corsair HX1000i-Windows 11 64bit-Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Case.      
 Use my associate code: JBGVM12HDYDJPIM to get 5%-10% discount on EVGA purchases.

MastaD
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/19 13:44:36 (permalink)
Chaos_21
Nereus
ty_ger07
Nereus
ty_ger07
Nereus
ty_ger07
MastaD

What I understand, you requested an RMA on an outdated 14-year-old product that was probably better off thrown in the trash.
I am sure EVGA followed the replacement warranty terms and issued store credit for a replacement.

ok,  to clear this up and make sense of this,  14 years ago 2008  my socket 939 Nforce 4 Sli mobo's capacitors popped and something happened at the same time to the 7800GT GPU.  So I did the RMA and was told they have no more S939 mobo's so they will be giving me EVGA Bucks.  as for the 7800GT  they sent me a D.O.A 9600GT that was also damaged during delivery that I ended up sending back, but I never got the credit for it in my account.   so after months of dealing with them.  I was told that when I decide to purchase something from them I will be credited in full.    well let's just say that I kept my eye on EVGA stuff for a few years and again had the same issue around 2014 of still only having the EVGA bucks for the Mobo in my account and nobody knowing what happened.  So i just built another PC with a couple EVGA products from a retailer that I'm still using today.  luckily just last year when I decided I wanted to do a build and get this sorted out a member credited me the remaining in EVGA Bucks to give me a total of $435 us evga bucks.   So now I'm being forced to use them up and I'm fine with that I guess!  lol        

Clan EVGA MastaDamage

Chaos_21
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/19 16:39:37 (permalink)
MastaD
Chaos_21

ok,  to clear this up and make sense of this,  14 years ago 2008  my socket 939 Nforce 4 Sli mobo's capacitors popped and something happened at the same time to the 7800GT GPU.  So I did the RMA and was told they have no more S939 mobo's so they will be giving me EVGA Bucks.  as for the 7800GT  they sent me a D.O.A 9600GT that was also damaged during delivery that I ended up sending back, but I never got the credit for it in my account.   so after months of dealing with them.  I was told that when I decide to purchase something from them I will be credited in full.    well let's just say that I kept my eye on EVGA stuff for a few years and again had the same issue around 2014 of still only having the EVGA bucks for the Mobo in my account and nobody knowing what happened.  So i just built another PC with a couple EVGA products from a retailer that I'm still using today.  luckily just last year when I decided I wanted to do a build and get this sorted out a member credited me the remaining in EVGA Bucks to give me a total of $435 us evga bucks.   So now I'm being forced to use them up and I'm fine with that I guess!  lol        

You got $435 bucks for an old 7800GT? You should count yourself lucky and pick up a 3060. 

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/19 16:57:12 (permalink)
Chaos_21
MastaD

You got $435 bucks for an old 7800GT? You should count yourself lucky and pick up a 3060. 

Looks pretty straight forward, the user had two separate RMA’s that were sent back as EVGA bucks, but the second RMA wasn’t added to the users account until last year. Also, read again, and the 9600GT was DOA, and EVGA stated that would be sent back as EVGA bucks, not the 7800GT.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/19 17:25:36 (permalink)

If he hasn't been able to find anything better than a 7800GT or a 939 NForce motherboard in the EVGA store in the last 14 years, then he never will.

Kind of difficult to empathize after sitting on those EVGA Bucks for that long, let alone wanting us all as a community to come together and request an extension for him, lol.

I do hope he enjoys whatever GPU he buys - it will far FAR outshine that old 7800GT.

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/19 17:33:17 (permalink)
Yeah, I don’t, even for a second, think that anyone should get an extension just because they wanted to use their bucks for a 40 series instead of grabbing a 30 series. Especially not after 14 years.

It was nice that EVGA didn’t give a 30 day window, and they even went for a full 90 days, which is very generous for a program that lasted as long as the bucks program did.
MastaD
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/21 17:37:37 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Chaos_21
MastaD

Looks pretty straight forward, the user had two separate RMA’s that were sent back as EVGA bucks, but the second RMA wasn’t added to the users account until last year. Also, read again, and the 9600GT was DOA, and EVGA stated that would be sent back as EVGA bucks, not the 7800GT.

TY for understanding!

Nereus

If he hasn't been able to find anything better than a 7800GT or a 939 NForce motherboard in the EVGA store in the last 14 years, then he never will.

Kind of difficult to empathize after sitting on those EVGA Bucks for that long, let alone wanting us all as a community to come together and request an extension for him, lol.

I do hope he enjoys whatever GPU he buys - it will far FAR outshine that old 7800GT.

it's not that I have not found anything or even been offered anything ,  it's that it took 14 years since I was given the remaining credits to add to my cart.  and that was just under a year ago.   

Clan EVGA MastaDamage

rapidclean
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/23 04:31:50 (permalink)
Does anyone got his payout and if so how long did it take?
enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/23 10:41:45 (permalink)
rapidclean
Does anyone got his payout and if so how long did it take?

I think the payments go out in October, but I am not 100% sure.

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

z999z3mystorys
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4480
  • Ribbons : 23
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/28 22:32:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2022/07/29 13:48:26
I got my payment back in July 5th, so the October 13th date seems to be more of a final date that everyone should have it by. I signed up for it a few days after it was announced, so maybe 3 weeks later I got it in my paypal, that said I don't know the system they are using, but at the very least it isn't (or wasn't) wait til the end before paying anyone.

kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2368
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/08/08 11:10:36 (permalink)
I Had a problem, it doesn't recognize my email address, says it's invalid , of course it works, it was how I was notified. Who do we ask about problems.
EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/08/08 11:17:01 (permalink)
kraade
I Had a problem, it doesn't recognize my email address, says it's invalid , of course it works, it was how I was notified. Who do we ask about problems.

Please send an email to webmaster@evga.com.
EVGA_Lee
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/09/06 11:08:26 (permalink)
Just a reminder, one more week to go until EVGA Bucks are gone (9/13).  Please sign up for conversion, donation, or make a purchase with your remaining EVGA Bucks.  The program will end at 5pm PT on 9/13.
enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/09/06 11:14:56 (permalink)
Good reminder, EVGATech_LeeM. Thanks for keeping up on schedule and all you do for us.

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30996
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/09/06 13:30:13 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
Just a reminder, one more week to go until EVGA Bucks are gone (9/13).  Please sign up for conversion, donation, or make a purchase with your remaining EVGA Bucks.  The program will end at 5pm PT on 9/13.

Thanks - I was not aware (remember)  the 5 PM PT deadline on Sept 13

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Rand646
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/09/08 23:16:25 (permalink)
This sucks what a great ride but it's sad day
EVGA_Lee
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/09/12 09:19:44 (permalink)
Updated original post with final reminder to use EVGA Bucks before expiration tomorrow at 5pm PT.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 6
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile