Helpful ReplyImportant Update to the EVGA Bucks Program

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Author
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/06/15 02:59:34 (permalink)
dearley1231
That's the least amount of money I've given to a cat house. Usually it's about $70 but all to a good cause. 

Lol, every penny counts when it comes to saving animals :-)
harley262
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 390
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/06/15 05:04:22 (permalink)
dearley1231
That's the least amount of money I've given to a cat house. Usually it's about $70 but all to a good cause. 

"cat houses" in or around las vegas are a little more pricey...i guess

give your bucks to the cats!
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/06/15 08:25:50 (permalink)
austin86
the_Scarlet_one
austin86
Well evga support got back with me. They have no options for people that can’t use paypal other the to buy something or donate it. This will definitely influence my future buying choices. I mean just about every bank has zelle and its free…

But not every company has Zelle. As a matter of fact, Zelle is tied to personal account and is not allowed to be used for business transactions, so it wouldn’t be an option.

Umm many business use Zelle, its not a personal account only thing. And its not the only option. I can see non US members getting screwed over this since paypal does not like folks outside the US all to well

the_Scarlet_one
Chase credit now does 150 points equals $1, for credit card rewards. It use to be 100 points for $1.

I have a chase card, its still 100 points for every dollar.

I misspoke on both parts, and I was wrong.

For Zelle, I went off of a friend who was using Zelle for payment for his business even though he had a personal account, and our bank threatened to stop accepting payments since was using it for a business instead of a personal use. That was the banks choice, not Zelle.

For chase, I don’t know where I got that honestly. I just look at it is 100 pts for 1.00.

So, yeah, I misspoke and I apologize.
beemir
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/06/15 15:20:39 (permalink)
I wish the EVGA bucks could NOW be used to purchase extended warranties, since the program is being retired at least offer us that. I thought I'd save the bucks for my next "Ti" upgrade but looks like that's not going to happen anymore.

Want to save 5%-10% on your next EVGA purchase? Just click on the banner below or enter my associates
code at checkout on your next purchase. Thank you for your support, it is truly appreciated. Enjoy the discount!

Sixie
  • Total Posts : 59
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/06/15 23:11:38 (permalink)
beemir
I wish the EVGA bucks could NOW be used to purchase extended warranties, since the program is being retired at least offer us that. I thought I'd save the bucks for my next "Ti" upgrade but looks like that's not going to happen anymore.

I know what you mean, at the same time atleast NA Store still has some stock that you can use your bucks on.
in EU Store, there is no stock of anything but a few keyboards and mouse....  gpu, motherboard, psu are all out of stock.
due to this EU folks are at a disadvantage.
if you cant use your bucks to purchase something (due to stock) your left out cashing it out, however it will be on a 2 to 1 conversion let alone in USD.
but hey atleast its an option right? lol

bare in mind that the EVGA Bucks program on the financial books of EVGA are written and seen as real cash.... its not just some program and gives you xxx amount. it has real value and is counted on their sales/profits/loses

xtremegamer
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 427
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/06/16 09:24:05 (permalink)
i have 130 how much is it in dollar ?

thanks 

12G-P5-3967-KR 6/3/2021 8:01:42 AM PT No
12G-P5-3958-KR 6/3/2021 9:47:16 AM PT No

Use My Associate Code To Get 3% Off Your Graphics Card  Purchase: 07N4WZTXMI5NA26

enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/06/16 09:24:48 (permalink)
xtremegamer

thanks 

65 USD

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

xtremegamer
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 427
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/06/16 09:37:43 (permalink)
enewt
xtremegamer

thanks 

65 USD

thanks info .. maybe get video card 

12G-P5-3967-KR 6/3/2021 8:01:42 AM PT No
12G-P5-3958-KR 6/3/2021 9:47:16 AM PT No

Use My Associate Code To Get 3% Off Your Graphics Card  Purchase: 07N4WZTXMI5NA26

jfw06013
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 586
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/06/16 11:55:04 (permalink)
Thanks for the EVGA Bucks program.
Now that it's over, I will be looking at other manufactures and their prices.
Having said that, the tech support still puts them on top of the list.

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/06/16 12:33:27 (permalink)
jfw06013
Thanks for the EVGA Bucks program.
Now that it's over, I will be looking at other manufactures and their prices.
Having said that, the tech support still puts them on top of the list.

Never hurts to look around :-)
tshalev
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 555
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/06/16 13:50:40 (permalink)
austin86
tshalev
How does this work if you're in Canada? I never really use Paypal for anything; does anyone know if I will get hit with any fees or taxes or anything over here?
good luck, paypal is a super shady company. Just look at the most recent class action against them in a long line of suits they had to fight. As a new user you would likely have your account froze once you receive funds then froze again when you try to cash out. And pray they don’t hold the funds for 6 months.

I decided to do it anyhow, I don't need another GPU at this point or really any other PC hardware. We'll see how it goes. Apparently I already had a Paypal account with $85 in my wallet; not sure where that came from lol. We'll see in October I suppose.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the community spreadsheet ☺️. I hope you all get your card soon!

If you found the spreadsheet useful, please consider using my associate code for your next purchase:
SmookinJoe
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1345
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/06/16 19:40:33 (permalink)
I've said this already..
It was great while it lasted
It set you apart as a corporation.
Thank You EVGA
Sorry you felt you needed to end the EVGA Bucks
When I walk though my little farm I always feel, I am doing something special.  I am part of a Team and Corporation that is special.
With the EVGA Bucks ending I can't help but feel less special....

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11100
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/06/17 06:37:01 (permalink)
You're special Joe, very special indeed. 
A few EVGA bucks a month doesn't even come close to paying for the electric never the less the hardware.
You're even more special without the monetary reward. You do it for the good of mankind.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

SmookinJoe
FTW Member
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/06/17 08:33:37 (permalink)
bill1024
Thank You for sayin...
Oh I know I'm special
It was something that set EVGA apart from the other Corporations...
I still like what I see in the treatment of it's customers.
I like their equipment, that I use...
It was something that was Unique!
I looked at it as a Thank You from EVGA to us..all of us!
It is surprising what a little Thank You does for society.
It is what drives allot of us, to put ourselves out, for to help others...

B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2365
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/06/17 10:44:31 (permalink)
Well said, Joe.

I couldn't agree more. I had started folding @ home because of the Bucks program many years ago. I stopped when I started having to pay my own electric bill lol, but I started again when Covid hit and they were doing some research for that (and I was WFH so I could babysit the monster rig built with adult job $ running flat out 24/7). I was just bummed that EVGA stopped giving benefits to people for doing it. It was what originally brought me to the brand because it made the hardware just a little bit more affordable and approachable. If I could fold for some Bucks over a year or two, when I was ready for an upgrade, I had a decent discount accumulated.

Then when I had some extra free time the last couple years due to the pandemic (less this year than 2020/2021 obviously), I could help more people in the forums and the associate account helped me still save up some Bucks for a future purchase.

It was like a thank you for being part of the community and now it's gone. The warranty periods have reduced, quality control seems to have reduced, Folding program ended, associate program ended, affiliate program ended, and now the Bucks program is completely gone. I still think there are some great people at EVGA and I'd still look here first, especially with their customer support and still offering discounts for now (I also think the queue was the only manageable system during the 30 series launch, so that was amazing that they did that and stuck to it), but they're removing a lot of the "special" reasons why I'd back EVGA all day long over the years.

I wish they'd say more about the reason for ending it. We can speculate all day, but we don't really know. I think if it was about abuse, they should have put account caps on it so nobody could accumulate over $1-2k or something...maybe smaller even. I mean, if you could build up a $500 discount at EVGA, wouldn't you still be super thrilled with that? I really like helping people on the forums...it has some real satisfaction to it. I also thought it was really cool that helping those people meant sometimes they'd use my code and I'd get a few more dollars off my next purchase (Edit: as example, I got just as excited when I'd get a blue ribbon for helping someone even though that was only 2 Bucks as when someone used my associate code for a product and I'd get like 17 Bucks haha). Nobody else was offering that, and that's  the sort of example of why EVGA has always felt like a company that cares more about their customers than anybody else. Some might say it generates cheap customer support lol as the community supports each other in the forums, but I have to say that it worked. The support you get here is way better than any other hardware manufacturer's forums I've ever seen. Will that go away now? I'm still here, but I can certainly see some of it going away gradually. 

I don't know where the company is headed, but thanks for the program while it lasted and thanks to everyone that used my associate code of the last couple years (I didn't have one before that). I really did appreciate it. As for EVGA, just please remember what made you successful in the first place and what built your community that gave you that success. Your email about this change gave a vibe of "this was to help build up a great community and it worked so we're killing it". That...seems...like you don't want the community anymore if you are killing off the programs that helped build it. I'm sure there must be reasons, but just make sure you don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. 
post edited by B0baganoosh - 2022/06/17 10:49:19

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
tshalev
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 555
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/06/17 14:05:00 (permalink)
B0baganoosh
Well said, Joe.

I couldn't agree more. I had started folding @ home because of the Bucks program many years ago. I stopped when I started having to pay my own electric bill lol, but I started again when Covid hit and they were doing some research for that (and I was WFH so I could babysit the monster rig built with adult job $ running flat out 24/7). I was just bummed that EVGA stopped giving benefits to people for doing it. It was what originally brought me to the brand because it made the hardware just a little bit more affordable and approachable. If I could fold for some Bucks over a year or two, when I was ready for an upgrade, I had a decent discount accumulated.

Then when I had some extra free time the last couple years due to the pandemic (less this year than 2020/2021 obviously), I could help more people in the forums and the associate account helped me still save up some Bucks for a future purchase.

It was like a thank you for being part of the community and now it's gone. The warranty periods have reduced, quality control seems to have reduced, Folding program ended, associate program ended, affiliate program ended, and now the Bucks program is completely gone. I still think there are some great people at EVGA and I'd still look here first, especially with their customer support and still offering discounts for now (I also think the queue was the only manageable system during the 30 series launch, so that was amazing that they did that and stuck to it), but they're removing a lot of the "special" reasons why I'd back EVGA all day long over the years.

I wish they'd say more about the reason for ending it. We can speculate all day, but we don't really know. I think if it was about abuse, they should have put account caps on it so nobody could accumulate over $1-2k or something...maybe smaller even. I mean, if you could build up a $500 discount at EVGA, wouldn't you still be super thrilled with that? I really like helping people on the forums...it has some real satisfaction to it. I also thought it was really cool that helping those people meant sometimes they'd use my code and I'd get a few more dollars off my next purchase (Edit: as example, I got just as excited when I'd get a blue ribbon for helping someone even though that was only 2 Bucks as when someone used my associate code for a product and I'd get like 17 Bucks haha). Nobody else was offering that, and that's  the sort of example of why EVGA has always felt like a company that cares more about their customers than anybody else. Some might say it generates cheap customer support lol as the community supports each other in the forums, but I have to say that it worked. The support you get here is way better than any other hardware manufacturer's forums I've ever seen. Will that go away now? I'm still here, but I can certainly see some of it going away gradually. 

I don't know where the company is headed, but thanks for the program while it lasted and thanks to everyone that used my associate code of the last couple years (I didn't have one before that). I really did appreciate it. As for EVGA, just please remember what made you successful in the first place and what built your community that gave you that success. Your email about this change gave a vibe of "this was to help build up a great community and it worked so we're killing it". That...seems...like you don't want the community anymore if you are killing off the programs that helped build it. I'm sure there must be reasons, but just make sure you don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. 

It's almost certainly abuse, plus the huge amount of people going after hardware this generation meant more associate codes being used, means more Bucks paid out than usual. Probably just got pricey to upkeep. We're talking hundreds of thousands of dollars in Bucks being given out just over the last two years, at least.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the community spreadsheet ☺️. I hope you all get your card soon!

If you found the spreadsheet useful, please consider using my associate code for your next purchase:
lastsamurairick
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2419
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/06/17 14:05:18 (permalink)
Funny I been using paypal for nearly 15 yrs never had issue with my money and I sold a lot PC parts and other items payments always went thru fine. My account was never frozen nor they ever denied me my refunds if need it be. You got take under account everyone is different doing transactions or don't understand terms of agreement. In Business when doing it have to know the Pro's and Cons of selling and buying. I notice lot people are not meant to understand Terms of agreement fully.

Intel 10900k @ 3.7 Stock
  EVGA Z490 Dark 
  EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3070Ti FTW3
  G SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL 32GB
  EVGA 1000G5
SmookinJoe
FTW Member
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/06/17 20:21:02 (permalink)
Thanks B0baganoosh
I think you and I share allot of thoughts...
I have always said "I know nothing!"...and when I decided to Fold I went with Curecoin but I wasn't having any luck getting it to work properly.
Someone on Discord mentioned EVGA and their Buck program so I thought I would see if I could get that to work.
It worked great and so I embraced it.
Over time I was continuously being surprised by EVGA, in a good way
They were really trying to set the bar as to how it should be done!
Lead by Example, Follow by Choice!
Words I have always lived by...or tried too!
I am uncertain how I feel at the moment.
Definitely sad.
I am only as good as others allow me to be..

PS..
I live in Canada and the only issue I ever had with Paypal was them wanting to charge conversion fees for US funds..the Visa I was using paid in US funds.
They would sometimes refuse to do transactions with that Visa (so I paid the merchant directly)
Wonder how much I will actually get after Paypal does it's thing?

post edited by SmookinJoe - 2022/06/17 20:56:01

TheWolf
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3800
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/06/17 23:22:09 (permalink)
Doesn't EVGA get a tax break for every EVGA Buck spent? Maybe something has changed in the way our government is allowing this now.
At any rate, I was an early member of the folding community and got my share of the bucks used on hardware to fold more.
Thanks, EVGA it was a great help for my broke A** at the time. Had a lot of fun with the new hardware & meet many great people here 
I would still call friends. Working with the folding community helped where I could and got help when I needed it.
I hope this will continue. I'm back folding after four years away and after a move to a new home. All rigs in storage most of which died
from sitting in storage lost three SR2's and many other pieces of hardware. Most of the video cards were outdated for use today.
So I'm slowly rebuilding and had plains to return here to fold. ATM I"m folding for the old ABIT motherboard team 13285.

EVGA Affiliate Code ZHKWRJB9D4 My HeatWare 

z999z3mystorys
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4480
  • Ribbons : 23
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/06/22 12:16:11 (permalink)
Anyone know when the paypal payouts will start going out? it say it'll be done by October 13th, but was wondering if it's possible that there'll be several times it paid out, depending on when someone signs up, or if they'll wait til the deadline is over before paying even the first people to opt in.
Bipe
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 351
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/06/26 04:07:44 (permalink)
thank you EVGA for EVGA bucks program.

I've earned my first bucks through F@H promotion, it was a nice discount on my orders.

associates program was a great boost to my EVGA bucks wallet, and after a loooong wait, yesterday I've spent last of my remaining EVGA bucks and ordered long waited 3070 gpu, which finally popped up on EU store (woot!)

EVGA Bucks*: 1620 😲
NazcaC2
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 7420
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/03 12:47:11 (permalink)
Thanks, EVGA. I donated my EVGA Bucks 2:1 value to The Cat House on the Kings.
post edited by NazcaC2 - 2022/07/03 12:48:54

Intel i9-12900K
ASUS Prime Z690-A
Corsair 850W RM850x
Windows 11 Professional
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB
Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5 5200MHz
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
4x Samsung 2TB 980 Pro SSD + 1x ADATA 512GB SU800
Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB SIGNATURE SERIES Mid-Tower - Neon Night
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/03 13:58:46 (permalink)
NazcaC2
Thanks, EVGA. I donated my EVGA Bucks 2:1 value to The Cat House on the Kings.

I'm sure they will appreciate the 3 bucks.     

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
NazcaC2
EGC Admin
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/03 15:19:02 (permalink)
Lol. Funny.

And, I thought I used it when I got a video card back then. It's only about $58 USD but I love cats.

Intel i9-12900K
ASUS Prime Z690-A
Corsair 850W RM850x
Windows 11 Professional
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31001
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/03 16:33:43 (permalink)
NazcaC2
Lol. Funny.

And, I thought I used it when I got a video card back then. It's only about $58 USD but I love cats.

well I'll say it, Thank You for the donation 

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/03 18:48:17 (permalink)
Cool GTX
NazcaC2
Lol. Funny.

well I'll say it, Thank You for the donation 

+1    

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
NazcaC2
EGC Admin
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/03 21:25:36 (permalink)
You're welcome. Glad to help.

Intel i9-12900K
ASUS Prime Z690-A
Corsair 850W RM850x
Windows 11 Professional
Neutro
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 436
  • Ribbons : 12
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/04 02:44:27 (permalink)
I'd like to thank EVGA for giving us the opportunity. I donated my bucks for the children's hospital. 

It would be an even nicer gesture from EVGA to not divide the bucks given to charity at a ratio of 2:1 but 1:1 since it's not for personnal gain but for a good cause 

9900k / EVGA Z370 FTW / 4070 FE / Corsair DDR4 3200 Mhz 16GB / Phanteks P600S / EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 / WD SN850 1 TB / Asus PG248Q - pix
Ryanz27
  • Total Posts : 59
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/04 09:37:40 (permalink)
Why would EVGA do this? This is very unfortunate.
EyeDeeNo
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 670
  • Ribbons : 12
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Bucks Program 2022/07/05 10:03:38 (permalink)
Uncertain how I incurred 24 EVGA Bucks but chose to give to Cat House on the Kings.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile